Please help for Geo and forming a Padme team

Terkac11
79 posts Member
edited June 2021
I'm a new player f2p lvl 74 and I'm going for Padme, i have Soldier, Spy and Sunfak 7* G9 and Poogle 5* but until lvl 85 he will be also 7* G9.

I will farm in any case Brood alpha but since will be available after 83 since im f2p it will take a long time to get him to 7* and a good gear lvl

So question no1. Is it possible to get 7* Padme with Nute leading? And if so what gear lvl Nute and the rest Geos will need?

And no2. No matter how i ll get Padme I have 7* GMY, Ahsoka, Anakin but I'm missing Kenobi (i will get him but it will take a while.
Farming Fives it will take also a long time, R2 D2 also since i don't have an empire team ready, Ayla? Ventress? I don't see any easy farm for the fifth until Kenobi.

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    nute lead is possible i recommend checking this thread out **HERE**
    and not the worlds best but you could try for clone wars chewie until you get kenobi, but really any GR unit should help
  • I checked it before. I found only one post with a guy using Nute+4Geos. He had Nute G10 and the rest Geos G12. If that's the case then i should definitely wait for Brood Alpha because it's gonna take way too much time to reach this gear lvl. Beside i saw posts from players who used only Geo team and got 7* Padme with a lower gear lvl.

As for the fifth of a Padme team isn't Clone war Chewie too weak?
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Do not do clone wars Chewbacca, absolutely not. That is the worse advice ever. So many better toons then him.

Barris
    Shaak ti
    One if the 501st clones
    Ploo koon (for his ship as well) but he himself isn't that great. Better the CWC still.

If not any of these I wouldn't worry to much about the 5th untill you get kenobi. If your guild is simming tank it shouldn't hopefully be too long
  • Unfortunately my guild does not sim Tank and Kenobi farming goes slow and also i can't easily switch guilds since every candidate guild is asking way too much gp to join comparing with what i have.

So i guess i have 2 choices. Either find a guild that sims tank and will accept me even if I'm low gp and kenobi will come faster or if i can't find a guild simming tank i need to farm one of those toons you mentioned until kenobi slowly comes
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Shaak ti will be needed way later so it's good to have her farmed

Barris is pretty good but not really needed for any event in the future

501st clones can be a decent fill, there's 4 of them:
    Echo, Fives, Rex and Arc. Any of these 4 can fit the slot.

Not really just simming the tank but doing the tank constantly, if you're in a guild manually doing tank and you're taking top 9 rewards, you'll earn more GK shards then simming it, rank 10 is the sim rewards and any lower youre on the slow end. Keep doing the raid and you'll get him
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    I usually end up 7-10 ranking. Tank raid is every 4-5 days. Mostly 5. That's not frequent i guess. Should i look for a new guild?

Shaak ti is on 5A fleet battles and opens in 82 lvl. I'm far from that. Next best?
    Barris has a cantina node and a yellow node. Hate it tho farming and gearing some1 who won't be needed but only as reserve.

I know they are not Republic and they won't take advantage of Padme leading and skills but until Kenobi comes using Ezra or Old Ben as a fifth will be a major downgrade for a Padme team?
    Post edited by Terkac11 on
  • That's not bad for ranking, I don't remember how many are supposed to launch per week with all 50 members getting 600 tickets daily, I think 2 times.

Honestly you could wait untill you get kenobi. Even 5* he will be good for you padme team.

You could use ezra or old Ben for the time but don't gear them just to use them in your padme. Keep them where they are at while gearing your padme team. It will take you some time to gear them to even g12 so don't be in too much of a rush to get a 5th definitely if it's going to be a bad one
  • I think that Ezra needs to be G9-10 for 7* Thrawn anyway. You are right, ot will take some time to gear Padme anyway so until then i may have Kenobi. Thank you.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Do not do clone wars Chewbacca, absolutely not. That is the worse advice ever. So many better toons then him.

Barris
    Shaak ti
    One if the 501st clones
    Ploo koon (for his ship as well) but he himself isn't that great. Better the CWC still.

If not any of these I wouldn't worry to much about the 5th untill you get kenobi. If your guild is simming tank it shouldn't hopefully be too long

i only said clone war chewie as i didnt get much info on what they could or couldnt farm. so i gave a general 5th that is a tank with taunt and could use courage.
    its also why i said "not the best" and "really any GR unit should do"
  • Use Barris!

She will keep your team alive. Mod her slowly- she is a good toon to stack courage on in order to one shot an enemy. I got Padme just after level 85. I am now at ~1.8mil gp and still use her with Padme (over GMY, not GK). She works well and is a fairly easy farm.
    3v3 FTW
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    I will farm in any case Brood alpha but since will be available after 83 since im f2p it will take a long time to get him to 7* and a good gear lvl

With Double Shards now & cantina having no limit per day, the Alpha can be 7* in under 2 months w/o a single Cantina Refresh.
    Just something to consider & realize.
    The day's of 7 months to farm a character are long over now (Except for Ships).

• @Deathbringer59 no worries i got the spirit of the advice you gave about chewie, and thank you for the help so far.

@StealthGOBLIN32 so Bariss is better than Fives and it fits better in a Padme team?

@Schwartzring As f2p and low lvl i just thought if i could use Nute as lead and get 7* Padme faster without waiting for Brood Alpha. But as i saw Nute needs high gear and from what i saw in Padme thread Geos need also high gear while a Geo team with Brood can do it with lower gear.
    I could use tho Nute as a lead just to have a second team but Geos without Brood is not a good team. So i guess ll wait for Brood.

As for the fifth, I'm lvl 74 now, i estimate that i need around 2 months? to get to lvl 83/85 and another 2+/- months to bring Brood to 7* and a good gear lvl.

That's about 4 months, Kenobi by then definitely will be unlocked but 5* and with the pace I'm getting him it will take a while to 7* him. In those 4 months i could have Barriss or Fives ready in a good lvl.

So it comes to Kenobi 5* vs 7* Barriss or Fives while im upgrading Kenobi to 7*
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Terkac11 wrote: »

in that type of case i think getting 5s first will overall be better. (aka 5s, then kenobi, then barris if/when you do all 3). getting 5s up will give you the good tank while you get kenobi up and ready, and then once he is up 5s can be used later for a clone team and eventually a 501st. (plus a good ship as well)
  • Fives is better than Barris in general, but needs to be with clones. Clones don't work well with Padme (The have no source of protection up), so Barris is better with Padme.
    flux_rono wrote: »

in that type of case i think getting 5s first will overall be better. (aka 5s, then kenobi, then barris if/when you do all 3). getting 5s up will give you the good tank while you get kenobi up and ready, and then once he is up 5s can be used later for a clone team and eventually a 501st. (plus a good ship as well)

Jedi Knight Anakin relies on allies falling below half health and then healing above it again. You don't need a tank if it can't do anything else useful.
    3v3 FTW
  • You don't need gk or padme at 7 stars to start using them in arena. 7 stars adds some stats but is really needed for g12.

If you farm brood with all your cantina energy and a few refreshes as crystals allow, you can have a 5 star brood in a week or so. Depends on crystal income but it didn't take very long on my alt with the doubled shard drops. With some gear on brood that gets you the 5 star padme.

Unless you're just starting tank raid, a couple more weeks in the top 10 should get go unlocked. So I wouldn't even worry about a 5the before then. It'll probably take at least that long to gear them to a point that they out perform your current arena team anyway.

Then going from 5 to 7 stars will take a couple of months but getting the full team to relics takes about that long or longer anyway. You can always start gearing jka, ashoka, and gym to relics while you wait while using a g11 padme and a g11 go in the team.
  • I would just stay the course with the Geos until you get GBA and use them to unlock Padme. You will want all the Geos to g11/12 anyway (both for Fleet & Wat), and they are a decent Arena team until you can move over to a Padme team.
  • @StealthGOBLIN32 for some reason tho every Padme team i see in arena have Fives and not Barris.

@DarkHelmet1138 my guild does Tank every 4-5 days plus 24h join. So it's around every 6 days for Kenobi shards. And i have so far 53/145. With that pace it will take almost 3 months for 145/145. And since im a new player and only lvl 74 it's hard to find a stronger guild because almost every1 asks for a lot of gp. That's why i thought a replacement for Kenobi.

@StealthGOBLIN32 for some reason tho every Padme team i see in arena have Fives and not Barris.

@DarkHelmet1138 my guild does Tank every 4-5 days plus 24h join. So it's around every 6 days for Kenobi shards. And i have so far 53/145. With that pace it will take almost 3 months for 145/145. And since im a new player and only lvl 74 it's hard to find a stronger guild because almost every1 asks for a lot of gp. That's why i thought a replacement for Kenobi.

At 6 shards a raid and a raid every 5 days it's about two and a half months. If you got in a more active guild you could potentially shave a bit off of that by having raid more often. There are guild out there that are full heroic minus the new rancor that will take new players as long as they get their 600 tickets. You could try and find one. As a bonus hstr gives a ton of gear you'll need if your guild isn't already doing it.

Even at a 3 more wait, unless you already have padme unlocked, it'll be nearly that long to have her geared enough to be better than the goes you need to unlock her in arena. So I'd just wait until you have go to make the switch unless you already have a gr character lying around with the gear already on.
    @StealthGOBLIN32 for some reason tho every Padme team i see in arena have Fives and not Barris.

You are in a newer squad arena. Fives is an easy farm, so people have him. You will start to see fives disappear soon. Barris is better long term.
    3v3 FTW
  • @StealthGOBLIN32 oh i didn't know that thanx.
    @DarkHelmet1138 i 'll try to find s better guild but highly unlikely i 'll be accepted seeing tge advertising and minimum gp. Maybe when i reach 85 i 'll have better chances.
    Thanx to every1 for your answers
    @StealthGOBLIN32 oh i didn't know that thanx.
    @DarkHelmet1138 i 'll try to find s better guild but highly unlikely i 'll be accepted seeing tge advertising and minimum gp. Maybe when i reach 85 i 'll have better chances.
    Thanx to every1 for your answers

Even if they post a minimum go req you can always ask. I’ve been accepted to guilds way below the threshold because a lot of times they are just looking for active players. Have you tried the discord recruitment server?
  • @Intimmydation i don't have discord, i just see the advertising people make in guild recruitment and with advanced search in game
  • Use ahsoka or asw. U need them anyway in late game
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    @Intimmydation i don't have discord, i just see the advertising people make in guild recruitment and with advanced search in game

Your odds of finding a good guild without you having discord are very low. Just get it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I guess i have to get it then
  • Yeah definitely get discord. Guilds are more active on there and plus it’s really useful once you are in a guild (in game chat sucks). Also there are some really useful servers for tips and strategies
  • I'm a bit ahead of you on the same path, though not exactly FTP as I got the Hyperdrive bundle a while back. I'm using Fives as the 5th in my Padme team until I can get GK up and running, though I'm still not at the point where my Padme team is better than my Geos for Squad Arena.

Fives is also very good with Ahsoka Tano in the Padme team as she is also 501st. You can use her for the assist on the Cover Fire ability to get the extra damage from it, and getting the dispel and taunt from the ability is pretty good. Quite a few people in the top 50 of my shard are using Fives in their Padme team as it's a new enough shard that very few people have Kenobi up and running.

The advantage of Fives over Barriss in that tank slot is that Fives has taunt if you Omega up that Cover Fire ability. While Barriss may be tanky she is not in fact a tank as such.

Fives is also really easy to farm as he is a regular in the Cantina Store. You'll probably be getting lots of Cantina tokens when you're farming that GBA.

I should note that in my opinion, the key on Padme and her team is not just the gear but also the Zetas. They make a huge difference in letting her decisively beat several teams that are assist reliant or debuff reliant. The Zeta on Ahsoka is huge in that team too since it's going to give you extra attacks and dispels whenever anyone uses a special ability. Since you'll probably want to put a Zeta on GBA to get Padme to 7 stars, this will mean it's going to be something you'll be building up for quite a while... and that GBA Geo team is really good for quite a while as long as you can dodge certain teams.

Lastly, the ideal Padme team uses C3P0 so once you've got Padme unlocked it's time to start farming those Ewoks. Just something to hold in mind...
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @Vesuvan1979 thank you for your answer. The guys with their answers above helped me to realise that (as an f2p) i need time for:

The time i need to go from 74 to 85 + the time to farm GBA from 83 lvl and 7* him, gear him to a good lvl + plus the time to gear Padme and the rest of her team to a very good lvl, so by then i 'll have Kenobi, maybe not 7* but definitely 5*. I just need a better guild

So i ll skip Fives for now, because i have so many other things to do, like finish Phoenix and getting Thrawn 7*, form a decent empire team, keep upgrading my geo ships and pilots since i have a good rank in the fleet arena (19).
    And continue farming Poogle, T3, Zaalbar, Jolee.
    As you can understand i have like 10 things to do lol.
    As for the tips about Padme team I'm definitely gonna check again your tips when i have her. Thank you for your answer.