Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Granolo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »
    GL Maul makes more sense as he can be Separatist/Sith and then do GL Rebel vs GL Empire but who knows.

The thing is, that would be the Ep 1 Maul, which we already have. Post Epc 1 Maul is neither a separatist nor a sith. He would be a Scoundrel, and maybe a Mandalorian tag? And I really think he will be the 3rd Conquest character, as a counterpart of CAT, makes sense.

Whether people like it or not, Fallen Anakin is the GL that makes more sense (and we already have his character design, It's obvious they didn't design the Lord Vader character just for the JMK event, would be a waste), with Empire and Sith tags. I can understand why some people might not like it that much, as they want a full suit Vader as a GL, but hey, maybe his Ultimate transforms him into the suited version and everyone will be happy. I hope so, it would look awesome, but I guess that will depend on the type of Ultimate they want (either a SEE/JML transformation type, or a SLKR/REY/JMK ability that can be used multiple times).
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    They created Ben Solo for the SEE event. B)

PS: I hope it is Lord Vader
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I think we will eventually see GLs for Jabba, Boba, Leia, Separatist Leader (Dooku/Grevious), Mando, another Galactic Republic (Yoda/Mace).
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    IronCross wrote: »
    I think we will eventually see GLs for Jabba, Boba, Leia, Separatist Leader (Dooku/Grevious), Mando, another Galactic Republic (Yoda/Mace).

They already stated that Jabba has a too-fat-for-the-screen issue. I hope they’ll find a way to make him a part of the game one way or another.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I think we will eventually see GLs for Jabba, Boba, Leia, Separatist Leader (Dooku/Grevious), Mando, another Galactic Republic (Yoda/Mace).

They already stated that Jabba has a too-fat-for-the-screen issue. I hope they’ll find a way to make him a part of the game one way or another.

when did they say that?

also they could scale him down probably, or be like wampa and be "kinda big". because it is just a hologram technically.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

They also said Malevolence was too big too, however they found a way. 👍😀
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Pile wrote: »

Jabba screams raid boss to me and should have been the main bad in the crancor instead of recycling/over powering an old raid that was boring.

As raids seem to be a thing from the past, I’ll be very happy with Jabba as a Conquest boss.
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    u3al8mbwlzvk.png
  • el_mago wrote: »
    u3al8mbwlzvk.png

That was it. Thanks. 👍😀
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Could do a strong GL Leia Episode 6 in here Endor outfit for Rebels. She is poorly represented in this game.

Yes, but who is her ds counterpart? Maybe jabba but that wouldn't be endor Leia. The big fight in rotj (the culmination of the ot) is luke vs vader and palps. We already have them.

I wouldn't mind an endor Leia btw. But it wouldn't fit with how they do GLs.

JML is not SEEs counter part though.

Technically it should have been see a d Rey and then SLKR and jml but they didn't think it through real well.

You’re the one not thinking this through.

The pairs are faction-based, not character-based.
    Resistance v First Order.
    Jedi v Sith.
    Galactic Republic v ???.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    PS: I hope it is Lord Vader

My expectation is that there will be a Galactic Legend Darth Vader and that it will be the Empire capstone.

I’m expecting the next one to be a Separatist, probably General Grievous. Could be Dooku since he was in two movies (not much in Ep3, but, hey, that’s still more screentime in Ep3 than Grievous got in Ep2!) but since I haven’t watched Clone Wars I don’t know which one is more deserving.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Could do a strong GL Leia Episode 6 in here Endor outfit for Rebels. She is poorly represented in this game.

Yes, but who is her ds counterpart? Maybe jabba but that wouldn't be endor Leia. The big fight in rotj (the culmination of the ot) is luke vs vader and palps. We already have them.

Technically it should have been see a d Rey and then SLKR and jml but they didn't think it through real well.

Jedi v Sith.
    Galactic Republic v ???.

Well, has anyone over CG ever said that this is a rule that can't be broken!? I think not... So there's no problem with next GL being Darth Vader pre-suit. Right? 🤷🏼‍♂️
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Jedi v Sith.
    Galactic Republic v ???.

Well, has anyone over CG ever said that this is a rule that can't be broken!? I think not... So there's no problem with next GL being Darth Vader pre-suit. Right? 🤷🏼‍♂️

the Faction is what gets me to keep thinking its a suped up Grievous/Dooku..

CG said GLOW is a snapshot of him in episode 3..

His counterpoint could be taken as a "snapshot" from anywhere CG wants..
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »

Jedi v Sith.
    Galactic Republic v ???.

Empire. The Galactic republic turns into the Empire so it works.
    Yes. They are very likely to create a Galactic Legend for the 25 minutes in the prequel trilogy that there was an Empire, not one from the three full movies where there was one, and at the expense of the Separatists that were in two movies and a bunch of TV series. This is likely.
    MilHanso wrote: »

Jedi v Sith.
    Galactic Republic v ???.

Sure, anything is possible. But this guy is criticising the game for cheap heat on a flawed premise. Releasing Rey and Kylo opposite one another and Old Dumb Palpatine and Grand Master Luke together isn't a case of "CG didn't think this through" it's a case of "I think I am very smrt."
  • Glove
    8 posts Member
    Durandal wrote: »
    What make Anakin/after Order 66 more powerful than Darth Vader ( Armored) to deserve a GL Title?!
    A Fandom ?!
    Please make a Yoda Jump frog also a GL.

Vader was near infinitely more powerful before the suit. It's Canon that Sidious built the suit to be susceptible to force lightning in an effort to temper Vader's power. Sidious knew that if Vader ever realized his true potential then he would never be able to contain him.

And Sidious was well versed in the Rule of Two. He knew that sith doctrine demanded a Master and an Apprentice. One to have the power and one to covet the power. His sole purpose as a sith master was to build on the pursuit of immortality and in failing that his task was to create an apprentice that would one day kill him and become the master.

It's all documented. And if Sidious feared Skywalker's potential so much that he purposely made the Vader suit vulnerable to force lightning then that's all I need to know to believe that Lord Vader was more powerful before the suit.
  • Pile wrote: »
    You are next level naive if you think it's not Lord Vader. To each their own.

Well, he is, but, there's nothing we can do to change his mind except sit and wait for the Lord Vader announcement. :)

"You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Kenobi is so last week… let’s bring the Sith eyes to the holotables!
  • Lord Vader ain't happening.. it's all a red herring..

it's A Cloaked General Grievous with massive synergy with Droids and anti-Clone Parade boost..
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I think that people are forgetting Kenobi's true nemesis:

Hondo.png

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I think that people are forgetting Kenobi's true nemesis:

Hondo.png

A Galactic Legend isn't going to be a character that most people think "Who?" and only know the name of the character when they read the file name.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    @NicWester

You're no fun at all.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    @NicWester

You're no fun at all.

He is not.
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    @NicWester

You're no fun at all.

It's a fair point though..I have no idea who that is.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    You're no fun at all.

It's a fair point though..I have no idea who that is.

I thought it was that general from Light Side Geonosis until I quoted it and saw the name of the file.

Anyway, look, I’m not saying Hondo isn’t a great character that shouldn’t be in the game. I’ve never seen Clone Wars or Rebels (no tea, no shade, no lemonade—saw a few, couldn’t get into it, it’s not for me, that’s fine. Happy it exists for the many folks who love it!) so I won’t judge his merits as a character. But a Galactic Legend is a character that anyone with even the most passing knowledge of the franchise would see or hear and say “Oh, I know them.”

Ask an average fan who Hondo is and you’ll get as many people that know him as you will people who think you’re talking about the John Wayne movie.