Jedi Master Kenobi

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Borat wrote: »
    I tested it against a JMK with Ashoka, GAS, GMY, and GK and didn't stand a chance. the massive amounts of assists just took out 5s quick, then it was a domino effect after that. JMK had 580 speed with a 10K damage and the others all how mid 300 speeds with huge damage numbers and crit damage triangle. However I can see an poorly modded JMK team and godly modded Shaak Clone team take them out.

I had my KAM mods on my clones and shaak so it wasn't my modding.

If 5’s doesn’t sacrifice it’s up hill
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    Every GL is horrible on defence if the rest of the shard have multiple GLs

Not that horrible.
    How so? If people own SLKR, SEE and JML, what can you possibly hold with?

I don’t remember another GL that didn’t hold on D against Shaak+clones.

SEE gets beaten by some g12 imp troopers
    SLKR gets beaten by Rex, Fives, ARC, Echo, Zarriss

Also shocking news: Nothing holds on defense. I still don't get why people are so eager to find that "unbeatable" thing on defense that didn't exist since Chirrut and Baze and will most likely never exist again.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • But Shaak+Clones?!? 😅
    Ok, ok .. I am defeated.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Not that horrible.

Also shocking news: Nothing holds on defense. I still don't get why people are so eager to find that "unbeatable" thing on defense that didn't exist since Chirrut and Baze and will most likely never exist again.

Zarriss?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    I definitely spotted two JML's in my Arena in just a few days after release. I remember the conversation it sparked at the speed of acquisition. I fully expect JMK will be the same.

I just found out that google play users don't have an energy cap so I stand corrected. iOS users are chained to the limit of refreshes I guess so you are probably right. I didn't have JML or SEE in my arena for at least a week after release so I guess my arena is full of iOS users or non whale google play who didn't have google play points in abundance.

It doesnt have to do with having an energy cap or not. US android users get play points for any spending they do in the play store (not on just this game) there are then packs that have energy that can be redeemed with the points.
    The energy is not sitting in game it sitting in unconverted play points in the play store.
    IIRC there is still an energy cap of what you can purchase with crystals however other ways of purchasing energy can go over this cap

It does for iOS users like myself. I was capped by the game on refreshes for energy and there isn't a thing I can do to get more energy. Unless you use an emulator and have a google play account, which I don't, then iOS users are hampered to the # of energy refreshes you are allowed. Period. I know there isn't a "cap" on total energy, I was talking about unless you have started saving weeks ago, there is no way to get enough energy through refreshes for an iOS user to unlock him in one day, or even 2. Possibly 3 more likely 4-5. That was my point. Google Play eliminates my argument but again, only for android users or iOS users with an emulator and a google play account (assuming you make purchases there and not the app store).

You're missing his point. This isn't a "CG issue" as it has nothing to do with the game itself. It's a provider (actually store/OS) issue.
    Actually, it is a "CG" issue. They didn't have to offer energy packs for Google Play but they choose to do so.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    I definitely spotted two JML's in my Arena in just a few days after release. I remember the conversation it sparked at the speed of acquisition. I fully expect JMK will be the same.

I just found out that google play users don't have an energy cap so I stand corrected. iOS users are chained to the limit of refreshes I guess so you are probably right. I didn't have JML or SEE in my arena for at least a week after release so I guess my arena is full of iOS users or non whale google play who didn't have google play points in abundance.

It doesnt have to do with having an energy cap or not. US android users get play points for any spending they do in the play store (not on just this game) there are then packs that have energy that can be redeemed with the points.
    The energy is not sitting in game it sitting in unconverted play points in the play store.
    IIRC there is still an energy cap of what you can purchase with crystals however other ways of purchasing energy can go over this cap

It does for iOS users like myself. I was capped by the game on refreshes for energy and there isn't a thing I can do to get more energy. Unless you use an emulator and have a google play account, which I don't, then iOS users are hampered to the # of energy refreshes you are allowed. Period. I know there isn't a "cap" on total energy, I was talking about unless you have started saving weeks ago, there is no way to get enough energy through refreshes for an iOS user to unlock him in one day, or even 2. Possibly 3 more likely 4-5. That was my point. Google Play eliminates my argument but again, only for android users or iOS users with an emulator and a google play account (assuming you make purchases there and not the app store).

You're missing his point. This isn't a "CG issue" as it has nothing to do with the game itself. It's a provider (actually store/OS) issue.
    Actually, it is a "CG" issue. They didn't have to offer energy packs for Google Play but they choose to do so.

They weren’t going to not make money. I get it though. I have iOS and it’s ridiculous how android/google play users keep getting advantages over iOS. CG could do something about that, but I doubt it.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Not that horrible.

I don’t see the relevance. All GLs are beatable. Doesn’t matter by what.

The relevance is that no other GL were beatable with a team like shaak/clones.

I agree that every GLs have counters, but shaak/clones, that’s a kick in the nuts for a GL lol.

Is this a reliable counter or something that happened ? I guess it’s a ‘let’s focus Rex so fives can sacrifice’ situation ?

Redx clones and Barriss can beat SLKR 5v5, so is clones being able to take another GL such a stretch. Sounds like people ragging on clones just to rag, unjustiably
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Not that horrible.

Zarriss?

Zarriss = Barriss Offee with her zeta.

The Z replacing a letter or two of the character's name reflects how many zetas are in place, and it can be as silly as you like.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Stryde wrote: »

Not that horrible.

Zarriss?

The Z replacing a letter or two of the character's name reflects how many zetas are in place, and it can be as silly as you like.

Like ZZZZZZedi Master Kenobi?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

Not that horrible.

Zarriss?

Well that would be more like Jedi Master Zzzzzenobi
  • Foxer2373 wrote: »

Not that horrible.

Zarriss?

Well that would be more like Jedi Master Zzzzzenobi

You mean Jedi Master Zzzzzzenobi.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Crumb said one player has beaten it. So, we've got that going for us. One day when we have relic 12, we might be able to take down Tier 3.

where did he say that?

also did he confirm it wasnt a cheater? lmao
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Jazz Master Kenobbii

In some circles he is referred to as Jazz Hands Kenobi.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Not that horrible.

I have JML, SEE and now Kenobi. It doesn't matter who I leave in overnight, I'm falling into the 70s regardless. I think CGs game is to make Squad Arena an absolute nightmare going forward so they can eventually try to shift the crystal focus away to a different mode. They mentioned wanting to make GAC the primary focus a few years ago, although that plan didn't pan out.

But for now Arena is going to be an absolute nightmare going forward because with just one GL you can pretty much climb to the top easily. I doubt we ever really see a rock solid defensive team again, but we'll see. At least as long as GLs are top tier characters and they are all about the same power-wise, nothing is changing
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Not that horrible.

I have JML, SEE and now Kenobi. It doesn't matter who I leave in overnight, I'm falling into the 70s regardless. I think CGs game is to make Squad Arena an absolute nightmare going forward so they can eventually try to shift the crystal focus away to a different mode. They mentioned wanting to make GAC the primary focus a few years ago, although that plan didn't pan out.

But for now Arena is going to be an absolute nightmare going forward because with just one GL you can pretty much climb to the top easily. I doubt we ever really see a rock solid defensive team again, but we'll see. At least as long as GLs are top tier characters and they are all about the same power-wise, nothing is changing

Do you have JMK's ultimate?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Not that horrible.

Not for another day or two but it doesn't seem like that's going to make a huge difference. CAT seems to be the next big hope for making the team a little stronger

And keep in mind I'm not the one saying Kenobi is bad, just that he's also not a defensive powerhouse
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Not that horrible.

Not for another day or two but it doesn't seem like that's going to make a huge difference. CAT seems to be the next big hope for making the team a little stronger

And keep in mind I'm not the one saying Kenobi is bad, just that he's also not a defensive powerhouse

So far (and admittedly limited data), people with his ultimate are saying he is significantly stronger with it - to the point where some think he is the best GL once he has his ultimate. CAT will likely only make him all that much better.

Not that horrible.

So far (and admittedly limited data), people with his ultimate are saying he is significantly stronger with it - to the point where some think he is the best GL once he has his ultimate. CAT will likely only make him all that much better.

But I'm not arguing who is strongest, I'm saying no one holds and I've seen enough counter videos to say it doesn't matter. If everyone in the top 100 of my arena shard has a minimum of 2 GLs, it really doesn't matter much who you leave in overnight, you're still falling

Now maybe there are some people who would prefer to fight, say, Kylo as opposed to Kenobi so some people skip over you, but gone are the days of never needing a refresh to hit first in payout because there just aren't any "elite" defensive teams

On a positive note I'll have that ultimate in less than 24 hours so fingers crossed it makes my life easier!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    They also allow SLKR to easily squash JMK in squad arena.
  • unfortunately, it won´t...
    JKL stun after your JMK starts his ulti, and you drop as fast with kenobis ulti as without kenobis ulti... arena bacame really annoying, spending 2hours of my lifetime everyday for climbing was long enough... JMK seems to change nothing

even if he can auto every battle on offense (also mirrors) it doesn´t prevent you from falling out of top100 over night, except you are in a lousy arenashard and don´t drop out of top10 even with GASlead
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    unfortunately, it won´t...
    JKL stun after your JMK starts his ulti, and you drop as fast with kenobis ulti as without kenobis ulti... arena bacame really annoying, spending 2hours of my lifetime everyday for climbing was long enough... JMK seems to change nothing

even if he can auto every battle on offense (also mirrors) it doesn´t prevent you from falling out of top100 over night, except you are in a lousy arenashard and don´t drop out of top10 even with GASlead

What is your supporting cast?
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    i don´t understand your question, but maybe you are asking for my squad? because i´ve no kam at 7* and cat is one conquest away i´ve only the normal setup...
    but it´s not relevant... because noone is using kenobi as a defteam, everyone switches back after their last fight, cause kenobis with or without KAM and with or without ulti have the same def problem, everyone is switching back to basti lead after climbing, they are a little bit better than see, rey, kylo or whatever

but nevertheless... wasting 3 hours of my precious lifetime for climbing in both arenas every single day is enough. kenobi seems to be useless on defense without CAT and KAM and a future toon which isn´t released yet, so thanks CG i´m out of arena and no need to get a future legend so fast anymore

the same GAS thing again... catching him 1st was a waste of time and ressources... a 5* g11 GAS was as useless in arena as kenobi is at the moment
  • jedilord wrote: »
    i don´t understand your question, but maybe you are asking for my squad? because i´ve no kam at 7* and cat is one conquest away i´ve only the normal setup...
    but it´s not relevant... because noone is using kenobi as a defteam, everyone switches back after their last fight, cause kenobis with or without KAM and with or without ulti have the same def problem, everyone is switching back to basti lead after climbing, they are a little bit better than see, rey, kylo or whatever

but nevertheless... wasting 3 hours of my precious lifetime for climbing in both arenas every single day is enough. kenobi seems to be useless on defense without CAT and KAM and a future toon which isn´t released yet, so thanks CG i´m out of arena and no need to get a future legend so fast anymore

the same GAS thing again... catching him 1st was a waste of time and ressources... a 5* g11 GAS was as useless in arena as kenobi is at the moment

Kenobi Ahsoka GAS KAM GK holds significantly better than Basty/JML.
  • jedilord wrote: »

Kenobi Ahsoka GAS KAM GK holds significantly better than Basty/JML.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aj7YZ06_-g
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »

Having a 5* gas first should mean you had a 7* gas first.

I see plenty of Ken teams on my shard. Personal experience differs I guess. Even in your case, it doesn’t necessarily means that those teams are easier to beat. It probably means it’s more interesting to fight a new team rather than repeating a fight you already played 500 times. From limited personal experience, ultimate kam teams are much more challenging (but not impossible) than non ultimate or non kam teams. If I’m looking for a sure thing and not a challenge, I’ll play an old team than I know for sure I’ll win against.