Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Ally point QOL update would be awesome.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Interested in knowing the inner decisions of choosing mod primaries

Like, there is only one mod shape that has tenacity and potency primaries (Cross), one that has Critical Damage / Critical Chance (triangle), square is always offense %

What led to those decisions, whatever happened to that mod primary that was teased in the trailer for tank raid but never released? (Retribution icon mod primary that I assume was for counter chance?)

Did you guys ever considered adding more secondaries or primaries depending on the initial reaction of mods when they were launched?
  • I'd like to know why we continue to get duplicates of characters that are in the game already instead of some fab favorites that haven't seen even a single outing in the game!
    Characters such as Hondo Onaka, Beckett, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or Salacious B Crumb.
    I could go on and on here but I'll stop now because I think you get the idea! I mean 5 Hans and no Hondo is probably a crime somewhere (it better be).
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    You should continue to allow summoned units in raids. Keep the update error. See how it plays out. Sure, watch for unintended interactions that could break the game. But a little extra damage here, a little there, is good for the gander. The only things broken are past promises.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stryde wrote: »
    You should continue to allow summoned units in raids. Keep the update error. See how it plays out. Sure, watch for unintended interactions that could break the game. But a little extra damage here, a little there, is good for the gander. The only things broken are past promises.

@Stryde its not an error, they planned on releasing it. It just slipped in before it finished the testing process. It will be removed and released at a later date.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    I read that announcement again, and I see your point. Thanks, @Kyno.
  • Moderation: why does legitimate feedback get merged into a single post or moved to smaller sections where it does not get seen?
  • This is Caden Skywalker from the Planet Coruscant server. I would like to politely recommend that you start a closed forum on Player Experience. I have played the game since day one and championed both the game and player success in the community. At times that is hard to do. I want to point out a couple of examples that show a clear need for the development/product management team to get outside input before introducing some new features. You don’t have to be explicit with feature details, but you could seek general feedback on player experience BEFORE you make changes:

#1 - Original CPIT

Please take this comment as an example. It isn’t intended to level criticism. If someone asked you whether or not you would play a game that required the following, would you play it? I think that the answer would be no. Any level of focus group with the generic questions below would have let you know that you were headed in the wrong direction

- Careful coordination on attack times around the globe and potentially waiting for hours
    - Sitting with your phone on airplane mode for potentially hours (and unusable) when you are waiting to finish your attack
    - Using 2 devices at once because you cannot communicate due to your phone being on airplane mode
    - Requiring you to use spreadsheets (given that some players are not spreadsheet savvy)
    - Experiencing failure and frustration of one of your guild mates accidentally posted damage (given that there is no feature in the game to hold damage)

#2 - The Stand Your Ground Change in LSTB

- Several officers in our guild literally spent 40 hours or more on KAM Mission live streams. All of a sudden something changed and we were scrambling to figure it out as we lost shards that night. Again, any level of player focus group would have told you that it was a bad idea introduce a change during TB exactly when people were running the mission. You provided a different player experience before the update and after with no notice of how the mission would change. This becomes extremely frustrating.

It is important that you guys course correct on this behavior (and product quality…which is a different topic). Seek player input! It is why so many players get fed up and quit. It shrinks the community, your revenues, and the enjoyment of players that are dedicated to the game.

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    m0rality wrote: »
    This is Caden Skywalker from the Planet Coruscant server. I would like to politely recommend that you start a closed forum on Player Experience. I have played the game since day one and championed both the game and player success in the community. At times that is hard to do. I want to point out a couple of examples that show a clear need for the development/product management team to get outside input before introducing some new features. You don’t have to be explicit with feature details, but you could seek general feedback on player experience BEFORE you make changes:

#1 - Original CPIT

Please take this comment as an example. It isn’t intended to level criticism. If someone asked you whether or not you would play a game that required the following, would you play it? I think that the answer would be no. Any level of focus group with the generic questions below would have let you know that you were headed in the wrong direction

- Careful coordination on attack times around the globe and potentially waiting for hours
    - Sitting with your phone on airplane mode for potentially hours (and unusable) when you are waiting to finish your attack
    - Using 2 devices at once because you cannot communicate due to your phone being on airplane mode
    - Requiring you to use spreadsheets (given that some players are not spreadsheet savvy)
    - Experiencing failure and frustration of one of your guild mates accidentally posted damage (given that there is no feature in the game to hold damage)

#2 - The Stand Your Ground Change in LSTB

- Several officers in our guild literally spent 40 hours or more on KAM Mission live streams. All of a sudden something changed and we were scrambling to figure it out as we lost shards that night. Again, any level of player focus group would have told you that it was a bad idea introduce a change during TB exactly when people were running the mission. You provided a different player experience before the update and after with no notice of how the mission would change. This becomes extremely frustrating.

It is important that you guys course correct on this behavior (and product quality…which is a different topic). Seek player input! It is why so many players get fed up and quit. It shrinks the community, your revenues, and the enjoyment of players that are dedicated to the game.

For the #2, it was a bug, which is quite normal for a game

We used to get some crystals and some CWC shards as an inconvenience…those days are long gone sadly. I’ve lost crystal due to the unending loyalty bug that’s been in the game for two years now…I guess they want us to think it’s a feature at this point.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Any updates on how the topics of interest here are being reviewed and/or addressed? We had the trivia with Operation Metaverse but that's been a while... Will there be any other new communication channels?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Any updates on how the topics of interest here are being reviewed and/or addressed? We had the trivia with Operation Metaverse but that's been a while... Will there be any other new communication channels?

They are working on them...it takes time....you know, like well over a year, so patience Padawan. RIP Q&A. RIP New Raid. RIP Mace rework, you know, just the stuff the community has been begging for, no biggie, instead, we get a ugly UI that no one asked for.
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

They are working on them...it takes time....you know, like well over a year, so patience Padawan. RIP Q&A. RIP New Raid. RIP Mace rework, you know, just the stuff the community has been begging for, no biggie, instead, we get a ugly UI that no one asked for.

It's too bad. Crumb is really good at the communication stuff when he gets a chance to do it. On the recent RSG stream for MINI, he had to dance around the direct questions, but was still able to give some insight into the development process, both relative to game modes and characters, etc. It would be nice to have something on a regular basis again.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

It's too bad. Crumb is really good at the communication stuff when he gets a chance to do it. On the recent RSG stream for MINI, he had to dance around the direct questions, but was still able to give some insight into the development process, both relative to game modes and characters, etc. It would be nice to have something on a regular basis again.

Hopefully the irregularity means something awesome is coming.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

"Something awesome" is allegedly coming since the regular Q&As stopped. Doja seems to be meaning well, but it looks like CG as a whole went from somewhat casual communication to pure corporate. Kozi's memes and hints of things to come? Gone. Puzzles? Gone. Heck, even Carrie's infamous "tip of the spear" comment was better than the big fat nothing we get from Mr. Invisible Guy who took her place...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

"Something awesome" is allegedly coming since the regular Q&As stopped. Doja seems to be meaning well, but it looks like CG as a whole went from somewhat casual communication to pure corporate. Kozi's memes and hints of things to come? Gone. Puzzles? Gone. Heck, even Carrie's infamous "tip of the spear" comment was better than the big fat nothing we get from Mr. Invisible Guy who took her place...

How are the puzzles gone?

I don't recall any recent puzzles. Did I miss something? Back in the day, most major releases would get a puzzle...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I don't recall any recent puzzles. Did I miss something? Back in the day, most major releases would get a puzzle...

Bad Batch, I think.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Bad Batch, I think.

You're right, there was a puzzle for the release of Hunter/Bad Batch.

Ok, so puzzles aren't entirely gone, my bad.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    ufdtg9cxod0p.jpg

What is the intention of creating this feat above as a fleet arena vs. GAC AND fleet arena feat? I understand that squad and fleet victories exist as feats in GAC, but why add a feat with such a strong restriction to arena only? Why not allow more opportunities to complete a feat of this nature, more gates and more keys for those gates aside?

I've grown accustomed to the concept of feats. I can imagine players who really love testing themselves against an arbitrary restriction using skill, will, and simple know-how. I'm not that player (I have no attempts on the Imperial troopers feat, and it was a simple accident of RNG for the 1 battle towards the fleet reinforcement feat).

For the no reinforcements feats, I picture three types of players who work towards conquering it in Fleet Arena (maybe I'm on it, or maybe I'm way off):
    1. A player who drops intentionally drops until opponents are easier to beat; 2. A player who works with a fleet shard to collaborate towards this specific feat; 3. A really savvy player who powers through it with skill to win with no reinforcements and still earns rank #1 ish every day.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Stryde wrote: »
    ufdtg9cxod0p.jpg

What is the intention of creating this feat above as a fleet arena vs. GAC AND fleet arena feat? I understand that squad and fleet victories exist as feats in GAC, but why add a feat with such a strong restriction to arena only? Why not allow more opportunities to complete a feat of this nature, more gates and more keys for those gates aside?

I've grown accustomed to the concept of feats. I can imagine players who really love testing themselves against an arbitrary restriction using skill, will, and simple know-how. I'm not that player (I have no attempts on the Imperial troopers feat, and it was a simple accident of RNG for the 1 battle towards the fleet reinforcement feat).

For the no reinforcements feats, I picture three types of players who work towards conquering it in Fleet Arena (maybe I'm on it, or maybe I'm way off):
    1. A player who drops intentionally drops until opponents are easier to beat; 2. A player who works with a fleet shard to collaborate towards this specific feat; 3. A really savvy player who powers through it with skill to win with no reinforcements and still earns rank #1 ish every day.

I’ll add a 4th scenario I use to complete that feat:
    4. A player using Malevolence vs Negotiator with moderate-good RNG.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

I’ll add a 4th scenario I use to complete that feat:
    4. A player using Malevolence vs Negotiator with moderate-good RNG.

I appreciate that push, and I'm 90% sure I got it that once with a Malevolence vs. Negotiator match up. I also appreciate that you have intent and a strategy to complete the feat.
  • TVF mentioned that he loves going against Nego with his Mal, and I have to give him some kudos for cluing me in about that, I've won that no RI feat multiple times using my R5 GG against R8 GKs. Thanks TVF!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Has it ever been figured out what causes the buttons to disappear and a battle to not be playable?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Starting to think that this thread is no longer serving its purpose any more…
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The purpose is for him to get topics to discuss and add them in when they are discussing things. As was stated by Doja, this will not be a place for things to get answered and there will not be an all encompassing "here are the answers". Its doing just fine.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

The purpose is for him to get topics to discuss and add them in when they are discussing things. As was stated by Doja, this will not be a place for things to get answered and there will not be an all encompassing "here are the answers". Its doing just fine.

So…where/when is the last time he discussed anything? It’s been awhile, which why I said what I said. Doja seems to have been muzzled. That may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So…where/when is the last time he discussed anything? It’s been awhile, which why I said what I said. Doja seems to have been muzzled. That may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.

A few thing have come up here and there, I believe the largest collection was in the announced Meta Verse thing they did.

Ok. Got it.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2021

A few thing have come up here and there, I believe the largest collection was in the announced Meta Verse thing they did.

Ok. Got it.

Oh, that video that only has 1.2k views? Great use of their time…got it.

This thread has 10x more views…..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok. Got it.

They have also been regulars in the discord, but I cant make it, as I am at work during that time. So I cant speak to what gets tossed around there.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Ok. Got it.

They have also been regulars in the discord, but I cant make it, as I am at work during that time. So I cant speak to what gets tossed around there.

So their new communication plan is to use the one of the smallest CC’s and talk on discord where only those lucky enough to be there will get the info. Sound plan. It’s working so well…..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok. Got it.

So their new communication plan is to use the one of the smallest CC’s and talk on discord where only those lucky enough to be there will get the info. Sound plan. It’s working so well…..

They are just interacting with the community, they are not sharing anything special or privileged. That is the point of this thread, to get things that are not in need of offical announcements and make some conversation.

But you just keep on keeping on.
This discussion has been closed.