Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• culealex wrote: »
    Don't know if I'm overthinking ships, but I am still considering which LS ships to go for in order to be able to max out the Ship Credit challenge (need 5 LS ships to get AA ship to 5*) and is leaning against Ahsoka, JKA, Plo and the two Phoenix ships. The PS ships are not that useful outside of a AA fleet, but they will help to complete the Contraband event which will give ships shards and Prestige mats, and later also Ship omegas.

Anyone of you guys thinking in these lanes?

I wouldn't worry about building LS ships now, at least not 5 of them. Ship resources are going to be too scarce and you will not even have enough to keep your main 3 starting ships at max levels for a while (which should be Geo trio). Keep the focus on building the 5x DS ships needed for the zeta challenge (Geos x3 + VD + 1 other) and 1 LS ship to supplement.

Now, the 3 GR ships you mentioned are the 3 I'd start building when I got around to it (for me I am building Ahsoka now as my 6th ship, but also farming JKA). Phantom is a decent ship for it's reinforcement ability, so it's good to have at some point, just not sure when that will be. Ghost is not a great ship, just a huge GP sink. I'd rather have Biggs & Cassian for Rebel ships, but Ghost can be used for the CC event (again not sure how early you should start farming it).

If you gear you Phoenix for thrawn anyway, you can beat the max tier of the cargo ship event with just ht, ghost, and phantom. So I would try to 7 star them by the time you have a 7 star cap ship and a 7 star hit just for that. By then the ship resources to level them are more available so it shouldn't interfere and the rewards are well worth it longterm.
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation i think it's debatable if a new f2p player should bother with ships at all, HDB players slowly but steady are taking over my shard, there's no chance an f2p to win them. I struggle to keep up and i use resources that normally would go to toons.
    Personally i won't bother with ships at all if i ever start a new game or i 'll buy HDB.
    Btw Executrix is very bad, maybe maxed out is a good capital but in lower lvls comparing to Mace and Ackbar loses hands down. In my shard 90% are Ackbar and Mace capital ships.

I'm with @Arva on this one, keep with the fleet you will get there. Yes the HDB will shoot up to the top 20 once they join the shard, but many of them won't put effort into fleet and you will overtake them soon enough. You will see most are using Ghost & Phantom because they have the most "power" but they won't develop the pilots (which you shouldn't past g8 on those ships anyway). AND you will notice many HDB players don't even mod their pilots.

So, even if their "power" is nearly double yours, you will be able to beat them sooner rather than later, especially those who neglect fleet.

Plus, if you go the way of the Geo fleet, you are going to be building those pilots anyway for Squad usage as they are a key team in a few different areas (TW, GAC and most importantly DS Geo TB for Wat).

Like I said, I beat a HDB fleet yesterday when I was level 69 (only like level 67 ships)....so in a few more levels it will become even more consistent.

There are 20,000 players to compete against in Squad Arena (which is where more people focus), and only 1,000 in the fleet shards. Yeah top 50 squad is the same crystal income as top 20 fleet...but I guarantee you will be able to get top 5 in fleet faster than you will get top 50 in squad as a f2p.

l think you overestimate the difficulty of getting top 50 in arena. I went empire on my alt. Ep, vader, thrawn, dark beastie, tarkin. I got top 50 within 4 months or so. With the right modding you can beat jkr and padme teams which are relevant in early shards. Then the trasition to a Darth revan team is pretty easy. That beats everything other than gas or a gl. Though with the right team and modding gas isn't impossible.

Then with a 4 star wat under Vader, you can start to counter GLs. So there is a path to do well in arena.

I'm not saying to ignore fleet but I think splitting you focus can reward higher yields if done correctly.

Also in my experience, enough whale play fleet to make top 5 hard to get early ftp. Though obviously your shard may be different.

Unless you are in an amazing guild, you end up waiting on get 2 to get negotiator or malevolence to be able to beat the whales that can more easily do geo tb because they bought the teams to do so.

It's easy to get in a hstr guild early but most still do hoth tb for awhile. Mine is finally switching to geo for ds permanently next go around. Before that they were alternating between hoth and geo for ds. As far as ls goes, we'll be doing hoth for the foreseeable future. So still only half the rate of a whale that can be in a geo tb guild day 1.

You haven't seen that in your shard yet but it is coming.
  • @DarkHelmet1138
    If you gear you Phoenix for thrawn anyway, you can beat the max tier of the cargo ship event with just ht, ghost, and phantom. So I would try to 7 star them by the time you have a 7 star cap ship and a 7 star hit just for that. By then the ship resources to level them are more available so it shouldn't interfere and the rewards are well worth it longterm.

This is a fair point, but a 7* Capital Ship is a long way off even if starting with HDB. I am 6 months into my main account (HDB) and just got my first (well 2 actually) 7* CS' last week. So with this in mind, yes you can farm those 2x PS & HT and have plenty of resources by the time you are there.

But keep in mind this is for new players just starting out, so that timeline is a bit off. I will add more to the guide once I get to level 85 as right now the focus is just on getting there, and really starting the game.
    I went empire on my alt. Ep, vader, thrawn, dark beastie, tarkin. I got top 50 within 4 months or so

I think this is the way to go (actually went very similar on my main using TFP instead of BSF) and was top 50 pretty easy especially once I relic'd Vader. Could occasionally break into top 20 if the stars aligned and the Padme teams were in my way.

I will probably go this route on this alt account. Build PS so I can get 7* Thrawn & Palp and add in probably BSF & Sith Trooper (Tarkin maybe to start since I'm using his ship). That will be a great bridge in Squad Arena away from Phoenix, but I will keep building the Geo fleet (again you need them for Wat to help you with the GL counter you mentioned).

As far as Squads go as I build out, it will most likely look like this:
    1. Phoenix
    2. Geos
    3. Empire (mainly Sith with Thrawn)
    4. Imp Troopers
    5. Decision on Padme vs Revans & Malak
  • @DarkHelmet1138

This is a fair point, but a 7* Capital Ship is a long way off even if starting with HDB. I am 6 months into my main account (HDB) and just got my first (well 2 actually) 7* CS' last week. So with this in mind, yes you can farm those 2x PS & HT and have plenty of resources by the time you are there.

But keep in mind this is for new players just starting out, so that timeline is a bit off. I will add more to the guide once I get to level 85 as right now the focus is just on getting there, and really starting the game.
    I went empire on my alt. Ep, vader, thrawn, dark beastie, tarkin. I got top 50 within 4 months or so

I think this is the way to go (actually went very similar on my main using TFP instead of BSF) and was top 50 pretty easy especially once I relic'd Vader. Could occasionally break into top 20 if the stars aligned and the Padme teams were in my way.

I will probably go this route on this alt account. Build PS so I can get 7* Thrawn & Palp and add in probably BSF & Sith Trooper (Tarkin maybe to start since I'm using his ship). That will be a great bridge in Squad Arena away from Phoenix, but I will keep building the Geo fleet (again you need them for Wat to help you with the GL counter you mentioned).

As far as Squads go as I build out, it will most likely look like this:
    1. Phoenix
    2. Geos
    3. Empire (mainly Sith with Thrawn)
    4. Imp Troopers
    5. Decision on Padme vs Revans & Malak

Oh I'm agreeing that using the geo ships early is great. I use them in fleet on my alt still.

For squad, I'd suggest Darth revan and malak before imp troopers. I think there's more arena viability there and if you go see as the first GL, you'll need Darth revan and malak to make a decent arena team anyway.

Though depending on dark troopers viability, that could change. He wasn't farmable when I went Darth revan first. If he truly counters GLs well, you may get the arena viability out of troopers. Though I haven't seen any in either of my shards so I'm skeptical. Even on my main, I'm still farming dark trooper so can't test him yet.
  • Hey guys - absolutely brand new to this game (over the weekend), happy to try out this strategy. Its a *lot* of info, almost overwhelming. It would help to have 2 things - 1) a reply to this comment that updates if any consensus has changed since the original post, and 2) some good allies (836-792-483). I'm level 34 and farming PS, so just in the beginning of things.
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    @DarkHelmet1138 The Thing is, if you get the Geos Wat rdy early, you will be able to get into a 160-230m gp guild. Thus you can get your GET 2 Ship fairly early. Also, even top 10 fleet rewards you alot more than top 50 squad arena.
    Also in general, you should have enough ressources to focus on two teams early.

I personally went with JKR first, as i was rushing towards Malak, and the JKR squad kept me in the top 50 for like 2 Months, after that, i got my malak rolling, and now i am getting top 10 rewards, but i couldnt have done so, without the crystals from fleet, as everything would have taken longer.

Also the DR Team builds into a easy SLKR counter as well, just need DR, BSF, Malak, SET and Thrawn at relic levels with the correct modding (BSF needs to go before DR in that team), and that should secure me top arena payouts till i can get my own GL online.
  • Other rookie questions:
    1) Whats a good active F2P guild? I joined one with a good friend, so maybe one with 2 slots open?

2) Looking at the path there seem like some choke points that I dont understand. Farming Greef early when hes in team 9, and focusing on Gideon (one shard drop per battle ) and Starck (80 shards to upgrade) seem like really long grinds for a second team. I dont know enough about the game to know a better route, I just dont know why those three are useful enough to justify the early grind.
  • Arva wrote: »
    @DarkHelmet1138 The Thing is, if you get the Geos Wat rdy early, you will be able to get into a 160-230m gp guild. Thus you can get your GET 2 Ship fairly early. Also, even top 10 fleet rewards you alot more than top 50 squad arena.
    Also in general, you should have enough ressources to focus on two teams early.

I personally went with JKR first, as i was rushing towards Malak, and the JKR squad kept me in the top 50 for like 2 Months, after that, i got my malak rolling, and now i am getting top 10 rewards, but i couldnt have done so, without the crystals from fleet, as everything would have taken longer.

Also the DR Team builds into a easy SLKR counter as well, just need DR, BSF, Malak, SET and Thrawn at relic levels with the correct modding (BSF needs to go before DR in that team), and that should secure me top arena payouts till i can get my own GL online.

Building geos early is great. However, until you reach g12 on all of them with one or two of them relived, they really aren't wat ready. Getting the team to relics takes quite a bit of time ftp. The whale do it on day one after the hyperdrive bundle.

You may be able to get in a geo tb guild just by saying you're working on geos but probably not until they are close to wat ready.

That would be six to 8 months to get into a guild doing geo tb. And that's only ds. Likely they will still be doing ls hoth since most guild doing ls geo want kam shards and you would be dead weight for them.

So 6 to 8 months to get into the guild, then you're only getting shards at half the rate as the whales who had that 6 more head start.

In the meantime you delay you geos just a bit by getting ep and thrawn and relicing a with team and you can be in the top 100 of your arena during that time while only sacrificing a little in fleet. I was still in the top 50 in fleet most of that time top 20 sometimes.

Now geos will also do decent in arena so it's not necessarily wrong to do it that way. But I think you can get just as good of results focusing on both rather than just fleet first.
    1) Whats a good active F2P guild? I joined one with a good friend, so maybe one with 2 slots open?

2) Looking at the path there seem like some choke points that I dont understand. Farming Greef early when hes in team 9, and focusing on Gideon (one shard drop per battle ) and Starck (80 shards to upgrade) seem like really long grinds for a second team. I dont know enough about the game to know a better route, I just dont know why those three are useful enough to justify the early grind.

I can't say what guild are open at the moment but I'll tell you what to look for on the recruiting pages.

1. Accepts new players
    2. Does hstr
    3. Is mostly full. A guild with 25 players doesn't do well. If they can't fill up, there's a reason.
    4. Has a minimum raid ticket req. This may sound bad, but it let's raid happen frequently and getting 600 tickets a day is really easy. Energy refreshes are the best use of crystals anyway.
    5. Active guilds are typically better than casual guilds but it depends on your preferences.

• @Intimmydation and @Arva i will agree with @DarkHelmet1138 here.

First of all i used all my green gem i saved to buy ship shards when i could buy toons. With those 20k green gems i saved i would buy toons instead of ships.
    I lost count how many times i refreshed Vulture node. I could have those crystals saved, and i use my fleet rewards to buy ships shards.

All those to be in top50? And in while i won't be even top 50 because im sliding.
    Week by week i see a new HDB coming into the ranks and me falling lower.
    By the time i 'll be 85 most of them will have way better ships than mine. It will be extra harder to get again to top50.

Guys maybe 1-2 before it was easier but i don't think this is the case today. I can't even imagine what capital and squad ships they 'll have by the time i ll be 85.

All this effort didn't worth just to be top50 for a while. You are way more experienced than me but as a new f2p player and from what i saw until now bothering with ships is huge waste of resources.
    @Intimmydation and @Arva i will agree with @DarkHelmet1138 here.

First of all i used all my green gem i saved to buy ship shards when i could buy toons. With those 20k green gems i saved i would buy toons instead of ships.
    I lost count how many times i refreshed Vulture node. I could have those crystals saved, and i use my fleet rewards to buy ships shards.

All those to be in top50? And in while i won't be even top 50 because im sliding.
    Week by week i see a new HDB coming into the ranks and me falling lower.
    By the time i 'll be 85 most of them will have way better ships than mine. It will be extra harder to get again to top50.

Guys maybe 1-2 before it was easier but i don't think this is the case today. I can't even imagine what capital and squad ships they 'll have by the time i ll be 85.

All this effort didn't worth just to be top50 for a while. You are way more experienced than me but as a new f2p player and from what i saw until now bothering with ships is huge waste of resources.

Just to be clear, I think you should still upgrade your ships and put some resources there. Just not necessarily at the expense of squad arena.

There will come a time after lvl 85 when you'll catch back up some. But that will happen whether you hoarded for shards or not.

I'm almost a year in on my alt account and can get top 20 in fleet and top 50 in arena so it is definitely possible. And from my experience with my main account the gap decreases the longer you play. On my main, I get 1st or 2nd in both daily. Whaling for arena only gives a year or two head start since you can only use one team.

To get to the top sooner, you need a meta counter since the meta is gated by time or money (GLs for arena and better capital ships for fleet).

In my opinion this makes getting to the top in arena easier since you can probably get wat and counter GLs sooner than you can get malevolence or negotiator or a counter to those. I'm not aware of any of those counters that use your starting capital ships. And finalizer and holdo's ship (can't think of the name) take as long or longer to get than the meta.
  • @DarkHelmet1138 you are way more experienced than me and i really want to believe that after 85lvl i 'll catch up. I will play the game until 85 anyway because i wanna see what's happening since i never reached 85 before.
    But personally if i ever start again i won't bother. It's really boring also beside the resources you spend.
    Btw do you know any decent discord server for guilds recruiting and tips in general?
  • @Terkac11

https://discord.gg/BhzR89um
    Discord guild recruitment server.

I’ll respond the other other posts tomorrow
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Wat rdy Geos are 16.5k gp on each, and the zeta on GBA, with thoose, you can fairly reliable do the wat mission. G12 obviously is a bit better, as it gives you some safety margin towards rng/bad play.

And @Terkac11 you are underestimating how badly people neglect fleet. keep investing into your geos and vulture, and you very soon will be able to get alot better fleet placement. yes, during the period between lvl 60 and 75, it looks bad, but the goal is at least by 85 to compete properly. and thoose people also wont have get2 ships for at least another 2-3 months at the minimum. and even then, its usually 1-3 people that get them that early, the rest doesnt. And the difference between top 500 squad arena and top 200 fleet arena is basically as big as top 100 fleet vs top 50 fleet.

Also mind you, i have done a alt recently, and now at 8 months, its taking 1st in both arenas, but for squad arena, it took aloooot more investment than in fleet. thats why you should priorize fleet early, as you can get a good fleet alot faster than a good squad, that can compete with high relic padmes, JKRs, DRs, CLS teams and GLs.
    G11 Tarkin, + 16,5k Geo Pilots + Vulture, and eventually Hyena Bomber WILL do good work for you, for a long time. depending on your shard, you might have to put one relic on spy or soldier, but even then, thats alot less investment than a full relic squad.
    And if you can get into a good guild fairly soon after hitting 85 (and i am very sure you can get a guild that does both geo TBs) you will be one of the first getting a get2 cap ship, and then sitting very comfortable on the top end of your fleet shard.
    While for squad, yes, you can eventually catch up, but it takes at least 3 months more than being good in fleet.
  • I hope you are right guys, so far i have the ships 6* spy, soldier and 5* sunfak ship who is a very slow farm. I buy spy and soldier ship, farming vulture BUT KRU ship i abandoned it at 5* because i farm T3.
    Also im lacking severery ship material, only the 3 Geo ships are 75 as my lvl, capital is at 70, kru ship 68, and Ahsoka's ship at 55. Im missing a couple of millions ship material and as i said Kru ship is abandoned.
    I hope you are right guys, so far i have the ships 6* spy, soldier and 5* sunfak ship who is a very slow farm. I buy spy and soldier ship, farming vulture BUT KRU ship i abandoned it at 5* because i farm T3.
    Also im lacking severery ship material, only the 3 Geo ships are 75 as my lvl, capital is at 70, kru ship 68, and Ahsoka's ship at 55. Im missing a couple of millions ship material and as i said Kru ship is abandoned.

The ship credit crunch is temporary like the credit crunch. Shortly after lvl 85 you'll get your main team all leveled and then it starts to build up as long as you don't try and immediately level every ship you unlock.
  • Intimmy - What teams are you losing to in arena? Is it all bundle teams above you? What are your arena expectations in the next month or so?
  • Hey guys - absolutely brand new to this game (over the weekend), happy to try out this strategy. Its a *lot* of info, almost overwhelming. It would help to have 2 things - 1) a reply to this comment that updates if any consensus has changed since the original post, and 2) some good allies (836-792-483). I'm level 34 and farming PS, so just in the beginning of things.

Hello. Nothing has really changed since the main post, but go ahead and read through and see my weekly updates or comments, as it will mention if I've changed anything. So far it's all going more or less as planned, using Phoenix and Geo ships / pilots, while farming up the Imperial Trooper team I will use.

I sent you an ally request from my main account which will help.

1. You can use the Guild recruitment section of the forums, or the Discord servers to find a good guild (I posted the link somewhere in a reply on this last page). Even as a new f2p, if you can be active and get 600 raid tickets per day (easy to do, just use all your free energy + at least energy refresh), guilds will take you. You want to find a guild that is active (45+ active daily members). You can try to find a guild 100-120m gp range and if you are active they may take you. If you start building your Geos with an aim to get them all to g11/12 after you hit level 85, that is another plus on your resume for trying to get into a guild.

2. I farmed Greef (and Mando) because I needed 5 scoundrels for the Credit Heist event. They don't need to be 7* so I don't actively farm them, only passively if I have extra energy. But, you need 5 scoundrels by level 70 for Credit Heist. Gideon will be a key part of my Troopers team once I get it up and running, so I started farming him from normal energy nodes. I have just switched to farming him from Cantina energy now that I have finished Ezra, Hera, Geo Solider & Spy all to 7*. Starck is an easy farm, I have him at 7* already from the guild store. Just get a decent guild and join the raids and whatever events you can, and you will start getting this currency.
  • @Terkac11 Around level 75 you should be able to compete with some of the HDB players in Fleet. Many of them will just neglect fleet and only use what the HDB gave them, not focus on gearing nor modding pilots. There will of course be players that know what they are doing, but this will not be the full top 20.

Also keep in mind this path we are recommending of the Geo ships, well you want to have the full Geo squad up and running at level 85 anyway, so you are being efficient by saving resources here. This will help get you into a guild doing DS Geo TB, and hopefully decent at it which will in turn get you that GET2 currency and on your way to a GET2 capital ship.

If you stick with Geos and go Malevolence, even at 5* you can beat the Nego's at 7*. But it's still going to be a while before even the HDB players get GET2 ships. On my main account which is 6 months old, the first Nego showed up after 5 months...and still only 2 people using it (and 1 of them is not good). So you may drop slightly once those first GET2's show up, but you will easily catch up.

Plus there are not a ton of great characters to farm from the GW store anyway, so best to buy the ships (same for fleet outside of GG & Vader, who you should be buying there also).
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm lvl 75 now and i hope you are right @intimidation because all top50 now are HDB in my shard.
    Btw what ships should i buy next when i finished Spy and soldier ships
    And which toons from GW and Arena shop since Zeb is finished
    I'm lvl 75 now and i hope you are right @intimidation because all top50 now are HDB in my shard.
    Btw what ships should i buy next when i finished Spy and soldier ships
    And which toons from GW and Arena shop since Zeb is finished

I was able to beat 2 different HDB players yesterday, so you will be there sooner rather than later.
    Remind me what your swgoh gg is so I can look what you currently have.

From the GW store you should focus on Soldier, Spy and Sun Fac to get them all 7*. Then depends what your other 2 DS ships are (Vulture Droid should be one), but have you gone for ITF or Tie Silencer yet?

Arena store after Kanan should be Tarkin, then likely Nute after that.
    GW focus on the ships above for now.
  • Terkac11
    79 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @Intimmydation i will make the profile, Spy and Soldier ships are close to 7*, SunFac, Vulture, Tie and Ahsokas ships are all 5*.
    Thats all.my worthy ships, but for the last 2 im lacking ship material to upgrade their lvl.
    That's why i asked what ships to buy next because Soldier and Spy ships are close to 7.
  • @Intimmydation What's your current cantina farming plan? I'm about a week or two behind you, and I just 7 stared solider and spy, and have Hera and ezra at 7 as well. In trying to figure out if I should go for KRU or Gideon both have advantages and disadvantages and I wanted to know what you were doing.
  • Hey guys - I'm 1 week in, got PS up to 4-5* and just unlocked Vader. I'm burning through crystals faster than I can earn them, but I've still got about 500 surplus. A few questions:

1) I see level/star/gear indications for some teams (PS) but not much about which abilities to level and how high to level them. Advice?
    2) I'm part of a really active guild, but at lvl 45 im to low to even do the most basic rancor raid, which feels lonely...does that get better soon?
    3) In galactic war today I didnt complete it for the first time, got stomped by the last team. I typically just run PS till they die then use backups, but nobody could scratch the boss vader. Any tips? Should I try to use scrubs earlier and save my best team until the last 2-3 battles?

• culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Hey guys - I'm 1 week in, got PS up to 4-5* and just unlocked Vader. I'm burning through crystals faster than I can earn them, but I've still got about 500 surplus. A few questions:

1) I see level/star/gear indications for some teams (PS) but not much about which abilities to level and how high to level them. Advice?
    2) I'm part of a really active guild, but at lvl 45 im to low to even do the most basic rancor raid, which feels lonely...does that get better soon?
    3) In galactic war today I didnt complete it for the first time, got stomped by the last team. I typically just run PS till they die then use backups, but nobody could scratch the boss vader. Any tips? Should I try to use scrubs earlier and save my best team until the last 2-3 battles?
    Hey! Great progress so far. I guess you are F2P, so am I. It's really fun.

1) For PS, always upgrade the Unique (and Hera's lead) as son as you have reached the level for the possible ability upgrade, since PS share their uniques. If you have an ability at level 7, and you are unsure whether to put an omega on the ability, I would say try to get Chopper's unique Omega'd primarily. Other good Omegas are Ezra's basic, Hera's lead and Kanan's unique.
    2) It does, for sure. If you are in a guild that is doing Heroic raids, you are in a good place at this stage.
    3) I guess you know that you could forfeit the battle if you i.e. lose a PS unit and then retry the battle. I use PS in almost every battle, until I run into a very good team, and then use my arena squad (Nute+Geos) for the particular battle and go back and use PS again in the next battle.

My swgoh.gg account, if you would like to see how far I've taken my units:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/293462678/
  • @Intimmydation What's your current cantina farming plan? I'm about a week or two behind you, and I just 7 stared solider and spy, and have Hera and ezra at 7 as well. In trying to figure out if I should go for KRU or Gideon both have advantages and disadvantages and I wanted to know what you were doing.

Currently farming Gideon since he's in the plan for my Troopers team. But, if you have those other 4 already at 7* and depending on your DS ship setup now, KRU could be good because it will be a fast way to get a 5th DS ship.

I will have 3x Geos + VD all 5* easy enough for the zeta challenge, need 1 more and will likely have to farm / buy ITF shards since I didn't farm KRU / Silencer
  • @BattleshipSub
    @culealex covered most in his post and I agree, level up the PS uniques and Hera's lead first, then I try to keep Ezra maxed as DD. Though, you will soon (if not already) want to start putting the gear and abilities on the Geos as keeping those pilots maxed will help in fleet. Right now I max my pilots first before PS as I want the focus to be in fleet rather than squad arena.

Guild activities will get better once you get to 65, but even then you won't contribute much but at least can join more events.

On GW, you can use the "Retreat" option if the battle is not going your way (for example if one of your characters die). That lets you retry the battle from the beginning. Also the AI will react the same way every start of battle, so you can try different strategies and just retreat until you get it down. However, it is going to get a bit harder for the next 10 levels until you have access to mods. The enemy squads will start being purple gear (g7+) and have mods, so don't expect to 100% complete most days until around level 55, then it gets easier again.

For crystal usage, early on I use it on Cantina (100 per day) to get those Geos and PS up to 7*, then after that I switched to normal energy (3x or 150c per day). Put 1 into cantina if you can afford it, and when mods get unlocked (and you have unlocked tier 3 of mod challenges), then you can put energy refreshes there.
  • Super helpful, didnt see the retreat option. I think I'm coming along slower than you on the fleet side, I only have a geo soldier and no other geos.
  • Super helpful, didnt see the retreat option. I think I'm coming along slower than you on the fleet side, I only have a geo soldier and no other geos.

well you're only level 45....so this is where you start building up your 2x Geo pilots from cantina (Soldier & Spy) and also start saving all your GW tokens (stop buying Zeb)...when you hit level 60, the Geo ships will start showing up in that store and you can start buying them every time.

Sun Fac will be available as a character from the fleet store, and his ship from both fleet & GW store plus fleet hard nodes tier 2 once you get there.