mbenrfuh4bcm.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Wha… huh… wha…

Excuse me?
  • Stryde wrote: »
    8uny9tcom9md.jpg

I always wanted to be a scoundrel. Han made it look like it was so much fun.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Stryde wrote: »
    8uny9tcom9md.jpg

Agreed. Deep down I knew I couldn't be Darth Vader, and now I know the toll it would take on my emotional health. There were only a few models of what a Jedi when I was a kid, and I didn't understand Luke's journey until Return. I wanted a lightsaber 100% though.

But Han. Him I understood even as a kid.
  • Stryde wrote: »
    Stryde wrote: »
    8uny9tcom9md.jpg

Agreed. Deep down I knew I couldn't be Darth Vader, and now I know the toll it would take on my emotional health. There were only a few models of what a Jedi when I was a kid, and I didn't understand Luke's journey until Return. I wanted a lightsaber 100% though.

But Han. Him I understood even as a kid.

Who wouldn't want a lightsaber? Though I think I would need as many prosthetic limbs as Anakin if I had a real one. I grew up only knowing of the clone wars as a few lines from the originals, so now bounty hunter or soldier seem interesting. Though I'm not going out to become one in real life. lol
  • I want to never grow up 🤔
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    When i grow up? You're over two decades late for that.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »

Ya, that ship has sailed, now what I want to be is retired.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »

I'm either three or four decades too late myself, but I'm with ConcernMeAdmiral about beliefs on growing up.

This chain started as just an off-topic post about bonuses for Jedi and battling Jedi being side-by-side and the simplistic thought about which side one would rather be on. I'm surprised it even became a chain, but I can always count on "Jarvind."
    Post edited by Stryde on
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Ya, that ship has sailed, now what I want to be is retired.

My wife is ready to be retired. We just had a discussion about buying up years on her pension.

Me, I think I'll be willing to work into my 70s or 80s (I love the concept of what I do) or just switch into very passion-driven hobbies and keep up what fulfills me on the side.

Regardless, I didn't want to retire as a Jedi when I was a child. Luke, Old Ben, and Yoda were my only concepts of Jedi at that time, and they were pretty fuzzy images at that. I saw The Phantom Menace when I was in college, and I loved the battle scenes. But even then, I asked myself, why did Lucas start these stories with Anakin as a child? What is the appeal? Move all that action in media res during the Clone Wars and make his childhood slavery occur as exposition and "too old to be trained as a Jedi" occur as a young adult (it's even a little less creepy when Padme falls in love). Qui Gon and Obi-Wan v. Maul is still worth it, skip (or adjust) the midichlorians and Rule of Two, and tell us the story of Anakin as a brother, Jedi Knight, cunning warrior, and good friend.

JL might even still be acting and not retired.

But hey, what do I know. Who am I even talking to or talking about.