Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    TVF wrote: »
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.

Lmao, so in T3 of the AB, you can stall and get his ultimate in wave 4. Is that same feat possible in arena? GAC? Conquest? Any other mode that you can’t just stall against overturned AI? No? You mean that having Rey’s ultimate would be more beneficial? Huh….interesting…no worries though I’ll send you a prime prune chip cookie for your effort

I mean it’s funny how salty you get when you make false assertions...

Are you right that Rey’s ultimate is better? Yes. Does JML’s ultimate have uses? Yes. If you insist on using JML outside the lead, there happens to still be circumstances (currently, could be more in the future) where the ultimate can be activated. Is it still the worst ultimate? Yes. Can you earn each ultimate from each GL’s event? Yes. Does saving the ultimate mats from JML for a different GL give some benefits? Subjective. I enjoy using JML ultimate, but I understand where others may see the benefit in not applying it.

I’ll take my cookies sans snark. Thank you.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Borat wrote: »
    It will take a ton of energy to get him unlocked and then more to put his ultimate on. Then you have gear, relics and abilities to upgrade. I would say there may be 5-10 by Saturday but by mid week next week we will probably start seeing him. There is a cap on energy purchases per day so I don't know if will be possible to do all of that in a day. I guess Ahnald will prove me wrong shortly.
    You only need 2 ult mats if you saved your JML mats (which you should've)
    Said by everyone ever who doesn't have the slightest clue about how to use that character.

His best use in arena is with JKR lead which does absolutely nothing for his ultimate. If he’s not in the leader slot his ultimate is completely useless which is kind of lame they couldn’t make it easier to get it when he’s not the leader. Knowing that I wish I stashed the ultimate mats for Rey or JMK

His ult is not useless, also arena is not the only mode in the game where he is used... his ult is excellent in lstb and the jedi assault battles. By the way, I use JML lead all the time against SEE in arena and win. If you’re just sitting there with his ult mats you just wasted a ton of time you could have been using it effectively, congrats on following the wrong crowd.

If he is not in the leader slot; his ultimate is useless. If you can show me one single battle where he gets his ultimate ability off when he isn’t in the leader spot, I’ll overnight you some cookies. Again, his ultimate is helpful, but in comparison to Rey? I’d rather have her ultimate over JML. FYI I have his ultimate ability and know how useful it is, but without him in the leader spot, it can’t be used. It’s useless.
    TVF wrote: »
    I use JML lead in arena with GMY and run circles around JKR leads. But it's all good, they have a good time watching me run around them like that so we all win. Yay!

And I run circles around them if I ever see it on defense in my shard, using JKR lead of course. The AI isn’t the smartest lol. You know, it would be pretty darn fun to play teams in real time to maximize the battle and possibilities….oh who am I kidding? Mace Windu will get a rework before we get a real time battle mode lol

You’re about to over night me some cookies when the jedi assault battle comes back around. It’s very easy to get his ult outside of the leadership by wave 4 in tier 3 without much stalling.

Lmao, so in T3 of the AB, you can stall and get his ultimate in wave 4. Is that same feat possible in arena? GAC? Conquest? Any other mode that you can’t just stall against overturned AI? No? You mean that having Rey’s ultimate would be more beneficial? Huh….interesting…no worries though I’ll send you a prime prune chip cookie for your effort

Doesn’t matter, you didn’t set any limits to it. You owe me cookies. Also, if you don’t see how stupid it is to have an Incomplete character then no one can help you, it’s not as if you need to pick one or the other, and for some reason you think that makes you superior to those who use the ultimate? Lol you are a joke. enjoy staring at a stack of ultimate mats for months and maxed tickets. You’re still not ahead of anyone, did you even unlock him yet?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I believe players do it with NS, but you need Talia.

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.
    I’m hoping for a GL nightsister soon :)

I believe it could be Gethzerion, who is from the Star Wars MMO, basically the first Nightsister.

"Gethzerion was extremely powerful in the Force, to the point that even Emperor Palpatine, a Dark Lord of the Sith, was wary of her, stranding her on Dathomir and allowing no ships to land in an effort to isolate her. She was able to generate weather-based Force storms merely through anger, had very advanced telekinetic abilities, killed General Melvar along with 100 Stormtroopers effortlessly, and near-fatally injured Luke Skywalker using Force Lightning. In addition she could perform Telepathy and had a decent ability in Force Jump and speed despite her advanced age. Furthermore, Gethzerion was a fierce and deadly combatant and was also one of several Nightsisters known to use a red lightsaber."

Seems like the perfect GL to me, but with her being from the MMO and Nightsisters not being a "popular" faction I doubt we'll see her anytime soon
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I believe The Courtship of Princess Leia takes place almost entirely on the first "Legends version" of Dathomir. Decent book. I've read it a few times.
  • Tier 3 is designed to detect unwitting cheater:)
  • Crumb said one player has beaten it. So, we've got that going for us. One day when we have relic 12, we might be able to take down Tier 3.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    To me this graphic says it all. There is nothing to build towards for tier 3 of this event. The others there are things to work on. This event is only worth a team just strong enough for tier 2.

wav6xlrvtdrh.png

You don’t need r5 MT for tier 2. G12 works fine. OD and AV are only ones that really matter.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    That's cute....coming just a few weeks after they nerf the Challenge Rancor difficulty.

Would you prefer they revert the raid?

Yes
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    Most of the CT3's needed a new toon to be released to complete them, like Chewpio, Piett/Gideon and Jedi Luke. So I hope we are getting new nightsisters, which will make me happy as they are my favourite faction (both in game and in lore), though I'm not sure who would be the new character.
    Either that or change Ventress and Daka so thier stacks don't reset till the end of the event not the stage.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    Wait for a NS-Galactic-Legend ... then it will be a walk in the park.
    Or maybe if Disney releases a show with NS there will be the missing toon.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Mohrg wrote: »
    Most of the CT3's needed a new toon to be released to complete them, like Chewpio, Piett/Gideon and Jedi Luke. So I hope we are getting new nightsisters, which will make me happy as they are my favourite faction (both in game and in lore), though I'm not sure who would be the new character.
    Either that or change Ventress and Daka so thier stacks don't reset till the end of the event not the stage.

Or maybe a new Phoenix. The did that with the rebel round up. Everyone was using bounty hunters, then they released piet which made it much easier to use imp troopers.

Maybe with the ashoka show, we'll get updated Phoenix to beat it. A shame for everyone that poured resources into their ns just for this purpose. But I'd bet on Phoenix being updated before ns since few have them reliced.
  • A shame for everyone that poured resources into their ns just for this purpose.

Ventress has numerous uses, with and without the rest of the NS. She is the only NS toon that has any plug & play ability (and it's not awesome, but it's still much better than none). Of course there's the special mission with Dooku. It's only a one time thing, but she makes GAS event much, much easier if she's relic'd, and she's not part of any optimal theory crafted squad, but she's a good damage dealer & can be a 5th in your Kitchen Sink CRT squads.

Daka & Zombie are part of a key, optimized CRT squad. They don't have huge usefulness outside of that (and the AB) but if you end up with Ventress, Daka & Zombie all r5+ for CRT & other reasons, you can pair them with terrible, low gear NS to kick names & take **** in DS TB. It's actually incredibly useful to have MT popping up to assist on all the basics from zombie & Daka & Ventress, repeatedly triggering Plague. My g11 MT, g11 Talia, r5 Vetress, Zombie & Daka go 4/4 in p1, 2 & 3 for DS TB. That, of course, allows you to donate Darth Revan & Malak or other key toons because you have this squad that only needs 3 relic toons to smash the GR enemies.

I don't think I'll ever gear up MT. I like her revive/assist cycle too much, but Ventress, Daka & Zombie have pretty great applications even beyond Secrets & Shadows, so no one who geared them up should be disappointed.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    I'm hoping the Acolyte tv show will feature nightsisters and give us a new character or 2 :) though that is a long way off.
  • A shame for everyone that poured resources into their ns just for this purpose.

Ventress has numerous uses, with and without the rest of the NS. She is the only NS toon that has any plug & play ability (and it's not awesome, but it's still much better than none). Of course there's the special mission with Dooku. It's only a one time thing, but she makes GAS event much, much easier if she's relic'd, and she's not part of any optimal theory crafted squad, but she's a good damage dealer & can be a 5th in your Kitchen Sink CRT squads.

Daka & Zombie are part of a key, optimized CRT squad. They don't have huge usefulness outside of that (and the AB) but if you end up with Ventress, Daka & Zombie all r5+ for CRT & other reasons, you can pair them with terrible, low gear NS to kick names & take **** in DS TB. It's actually incredibly useful to have MT popping up to assist on all the basics from zombie & Daka & Ventress, repeatedly triggering Plague. My g11 MT, g11 Talia, r5 Vetress, Zombie & Daka go 4/4 in p1, 2 & 3 for DS TB. That, of course, allows you to donate Darth Revan & Malak or other key toons because you have this squad that only needs 3 relic toons to smash the GR enemies.

I don't think I'll ever gear up MT. I like her revive/assist cycle too much, but Ventress, Daka & Zombie have pretty great applications even beyond Secrets & Shadows, so no one who geared them up should be disappointed.

I relived my mt, daka, and asajj to about relic 5 or so for challenge tier1 and have no regrets there.

My point is that outside of challenge tier 2 or 3 of the assualt battles, there isn't a ton of utility for relic 8 nightsisters. Most of the examples you listed above don't require relic 8. Lower relics are just fine for most areas of the game that you may need ns for.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Having a 5* gas first should mean you had a 7* gas first.

Sry that makes no sense for me...
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I see plenty of Ken teams on my shard. Personal experience differs I guess. Even in your case, it doesn’t necessarily means that those teams are easier to beat. It probably means it’s more interesting to fight a new team rather than repeating a fight you already played 500 times. From limited personal experience, ultimate kam teams are much more challenging (but not impossible) than non ultimate or non kam teams. If I’m looking for a sure thing and not a challenge, I’ll play an old team than I know for sure I’ll win against.

no they are easier to beat, if i can choose between basti and ken lead, i take the ken for my climb

i think ken is actual the worst legend def team, yeah we all can wait 1month for CAT, cool a GAS debacle as i said... or do we need KAM and CAT? if so: CG i wanna buy that toon cause i don´t have him 7*... oh we can´t buy him? even worse than the GAS debacle i guess?
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's harder for individuals to score higher in a single run. But most are able to score the same if not higher overall,

No one in my guild is scoring more than 40% in p1, even though we had multiple players who could score 40% before the change. Similarly, I could score 20%+ in p1 before, and now I never score over 13-14%, typically less.

The only people who are scoring the same or more now than they were before are the people who were using teams that got less than 4% so their best squad's damage isn't reduced much, and are able to make up the difference with a 1% or 2% squad that they previously hadn't used. Note that 2nd team didn't become any better. It's just that - logistically - you now have the time to use it.

But no, I'd wager that no one (or "almost no one") who was scoring big in the raid is scoring nearly as much since the change. In any guild whose membership GP isn't completely lopsided, there isn't anyone scoring 50% in any phase at all any more. Even 5 players attacking in p1 guarantees that, whereas before everyone held damage and then the officer in charge would pick 2-4 people whose damage added up to 100% and let them post, which meant damage over 50% was routine.
    players have more viable teams,

Players had all the same teams before, and literally NONE of them do more damage now than they did before. The only difference is logistical: you don't have to hold your damage to post at the same time with everyone else. If you want to throw away another team to get 1.06%, you can do that without the rest of the guild getting mad at you, but the team didn't become more viable. It's not suddenly going to do more than 1.06% after the changes. The Rancor isn't any easier to damage or easier to out-speed or easier to debuff than it was before. It's certainly not doing less damage or debuting you less often than it was before.
    If it's easier for the guild to complete it

it's easier for humans to do what humans need to do. It's not easier for the toons to deliver damage or avoid death.
    Would you prefer they revert the raid?

Of course not. But that's because they made a huge QOL improvement - as I already said - not because they made the Rancor weaker.

You quoted me, then your "arguments" against what I said pretty much agreed with what I said. It's nice to see we agree. The RCT is easier now for players than it was before. Getting the same rewards with less effort - the entire point of this discussion. Let's move on.

It's easier for the guild and not for the player. Those who were heavy hitters before are still the heavy hitters now but I am sure if you were in a big guild you would see that many more players getting higher scores than before. Before it was the top 5 who did 70% of the work and now it's the top 10 who do 70% of the work.
  • Daihas wrote: »
    Honestly JMK seems an absolute waste, and has cemented in me never to chase the next GL or try to speed it up with crystals in any way. My full R8 team still will fall into the 30s in arena if I don't manage it. Because everything beats it. I've got to switch back to a SEE comp at the end of the day to counter all the JML scrubs.

Arena is where crystal generation is, and it's where it's most important to have an advantage. If all the old stuff beats it, there's zero reason for any player to accelerate unlocks. Lesson learned CG. CG has been hammering this at us with each GL round, and I think I'm finally beaten enough to read the message on the wall. No more crystal spends for you CG...

This is cute. I can put any of the three GLs I have in overnight (Kenobi, SEE, and JML) and fall into the 70s. Defensive powerhouses aren't a thing anymore, and if that's your criteria for excellence you're never going to be happy again

I miss Nightsisters… Lamd first go to bed come back, still first or at worse third… now I have an old shard and 400’s have loaded GL teams. Without Crystals breaking top 100 is a chore.
  • Rafaelcb
    17 posts Member
    Is it possible today to win Tier 3 with Nightsisters or Phoenix or a mix of both?
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    There's always gonna be salty players, it's impossible to make everyone happy.
  • Rafaelcb
    17 posts Member
    Is it possible today to win Tier 3 with Nightsisters or Phoenix or a mix of both?
  • MOON Swgoh on YT says that he’s got a guildmate who’s done it. But it took extreme remodding, literal hours, and a perfect strategy.
  • Range1974
    897 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    So basically no, never even bother unless you are on bed rest and really bored.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    One player has been able to do it
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

do we have any evidence of this?
    If so how? my understanding was that even with Daka lead there is no way to survive a single hit from Sidious.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

If so how? my understanding was that even with Daka lead there is no way to survive a single hit from Sidious.

Don't let him know you're there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

CG investigated and were able to find one player that cleared it

Personally speaking, Not sure how the player did it, but usually the player himself reveals that information (see: bastila on the bench)
  • panetone
    33 posts Member
    Or maybe he/she is cheating to beat it and don' t wanna to reveal his/her secrets