Guild Mate account banned by Areana Shard Chat

TerrifyingLynx
posts Member
edited July 2021
Hey peeps,

I'm trying to help one of my guild members get his account reactivated. He is a F2P player and after long, hard work was finally able to unlock his first GL, SLKR. Naturally, this meant that he was able to challenge in the squad arena and move up the rankings. Soon after he started hitting into the top 50, he started getting messages to stay away from the top 50 and only play below that. He didn't take any of the messages seriously, I mean who would?

It all culminated in him receiving a threatening message on discord (so the person hunted him down as his discord handle and in game name are different) that he if he continued to attack into the top 50 the arena shard chat would "Make his life hell" and have his account banned. Going further to say they would contact his guild leader (me) and live streamers....to do what? (we have a screenshot of the threat).
To protect 50 crystals??? Seriously???

He again thought it was just hot wind and ignored it. But sure enough the arena shard chat mass reported him as a cheat and his account is now blocked.
We have tried contacting EA support but they directed us to the CG Community Managers, we contacted them but have had little response to date.

Is there anyone out there that is able to assist?
Post edited by TerrifyingLynx on

Replies

• Flubo
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    It's really sad that people are like this... shards can be managed with cooperation so everyone gets a shot at gaining decent rewards. People that are blocking others and even threatening them?! That's just ridiculous.

-- however, CG doesn't ban people just because someone gets mass-reported. I imagine they looked into the situation and came to the conclusion that the ban is justified - meaning that he cheated or misbehaved in another way.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Flubo wrote: »
    . -- however, CG doesn't ban people just because someone gets mass-reported. I imagine they looked into the situation and came to the conclusion that the ban is justified - meaning that he cheated or misbehaved in another way.
    This. You don't get banned just because someone reports you. If your guild member got banned then he was doing something against the rules and CG found it when they investigated the report.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Please have the banned player send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddyMINI with details on why (s)he thinks (s)he was unfairly banned with their ally code

In my experience, and looking at other testimonies, mass reporting a player has never resulted a ban unless CG found suspected foul play on the account itself.

Again, he can message LD regarding it to get it overturned, but he can also provide a reasonable explanation on why the ban took place if it wasn't accidental
This discussion has been closed.