Should I Upgrade GMY or Han Solo More?

SirHusky
99 posts Member
I got Grand Master Yoda about 1 month ago, and Han yesterday. Who should I upgrade more, or who is more valuable?

Replies

• SirHusky
    99 posts Member
    Currently my GMY is better than Han, but that’s because I’ve had him much longer.
  • Any meaningful answer to that question will need you to provide much more information.

What’s your ally code?
  • In a void, with no other information, judging the characters on their own merits, and only theirs, I’d say GMY. However, the real answer depends on what you have. .gg please.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In a void, with no other information, judging the characters on their own merits, and only theirs, I’d say GMY. However, the real answer depends on what you have. .gg please.

Agree, and likely no Chewie if the account is that new, which detracts from Han ever so slightly.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    In a void, with no other information, judging the characters on their own merits, and only theirs, I’d say GMY. However, the real answer depends on what you have. .gg please.

Agree, and likely no Chewie if the account is that new, which detracts from Han ever so slightly.
    Well only level 74, so it’s not possible to get chewie.

• https://swgoh.gg/u/sirhusky/ My SWGOH.gg profile.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Also, Han Solo is a tougher gear IIRC

Its easier to gear up Yoda and then work on Han next
  • Seeing what you have, definitely GMY. He’ll add more “pop” to your arena team. And running him with Jedi is a good stopgap lead until Bastila and the eventual JKR.
  • You need to find a farming path and stick to it. What are you currently doing?
  • Farming Jesus and rebels
  • Jedis*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    5c23ec6b01c0ea1687619f05?width=1136&format=jpeg
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SirHusky wrote: »
    Farming Jesus and rebels

By Rebels do you mean farming Phoenix? You should. Get the phoenix team, which will lead you to Emperor Palpatine and Grand Admiral Thrawn. You can form a really good Empire team around these two and Vader. Then, use your Empire toons to get R2D2. Then, use R2 (as well as some others) to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker(CLS). The best Rebel team in the game is led by CLS, with Han, Chewy, 3PO, and Backpack Chewy.

For Jedi, farm up the required units for Jedi Knight Revan. Use him to lead your jedi, with Bastila, Jolee, GMY, and a 5th (GK, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, etc.)

Hope that helps.
  • SirHusky
    99 posts Member
    SirHusky wrote: »
    Farming Jesus and rebels

By Rebels do you mean farming Phoenix? You should. Get the phoenix team, which will lead you to Emperor Palpatine and Grand Admiral Thrawn. You can form a really good Empire team around these two and Vader. Then, use your Empire toons to get R2D2. Then, use R2 (as well as some others) to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker(CLS). The best Rebel team in the game is led by CLS, with Han, Chewy, 3PO, and Backpack Chewy.

For Jedi, farm up the required units for Jedi Knight Revan. Use him to lead your jedi, with Bastila, Jolee, GMY, and a 5th (GK, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, etc.)

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I have every Phoenix, but they’re not very good. By rebel I mean old Ben, Han Solo, Ackbar, Leia, etc. I have Jolee and T3-M4. I have Han and Threepio & Chewie out of what you mentioned. I have GMY and Emperor Palpatine. Not even close to thrown, really bad Phoenix team, will start working on it. I have most of them at about 4 stars, Ezra 5*. Thanks for the advice!
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    just for the record:
    having a complete team suggests you have everyone with 7*
    toons below 7* wont help you anywhere. so first of all finish Phoenix and you will get Thrawn and EP. After that, focus on the Rebels needed for CLS.

Dont farm and gear Ackbar at the beginning. His fleet isnt that great without the Falcon. so its wasted gear and time.

so if you HAVE a toon - everybody here thinks you have it with 7*

and please dont farm Jedi Knight Guardian! this toon is a real waste of time and gear! :wink:

for your Arenasquad:

Han and Counselor out and put Ezra and Jolee in.
    Focus on them. you will need Ezra for Thrawn and EP and Jolee for Revan and Malak ( at some point ). if you can, farm Bastilla as Leader for your quad and you will get Top200 easily!

Another question:

your ingame name is Mol Eliza. is your account connected to google or iOS?
    i hope you are not using a guest account!
  • Larx wrote: »
    just for the record:
    having a complete team suggests you have everyone with 7*
    toons below 7* wont help you anywhere. so first of all finish Phoenix and you will get Thrawn and EP. After that, focus on the Rebels needed for CLS.

Dont farm and gear Ackbar at the beginning. His fleet isnt that great without the Falcon. so its wasted gear and time.

so if you HAVE a toon - everybody here thinks you have it with 7*

and please dont farm Jedi Knight Guardian! this toon is a real waste of time and gear! :wink:

for your Arenasquad:

Han and Counselor out and put Ezra and Jolee in.
    Focus on them. you will need Ezra for Thrawn and EP and Jolee for Revan and Malak ( at some point ). if you can, farm Bastilla as Leader for your quad and you will get Top200 easily!

Another question:

your ingame name is Mol Eliza. is your account connected to google or iOS?
    i hope you are not using a guest account!

I am connected with iOS I believe, and if not, google. It’s at least not a guest account.

I have one 7* character, which I’m embarrassed to say is Jedi Consular.

I have barely upgraded JKG in the past for the GMY event. I’ve just picked up shards along the way and it got to 6*.

I don’t upgrade Admiral Ackbar anymore. I just used him for the EP event.

So my arena team is fine except for JC and Han? Well, I have 2 arena teams, I just used that one last. The other one has Mace Windu in place of Han. I’ll try and farm bastilla.

Thanks for the advice! :smiley:

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    Thats good!

if you have shards for any toon also do not upgrade their stars. it costs credits and credits are very rare at the beginning.

same for Mace. please dont drop any gear or credits on him. he has literally no use in this game and is only needed with R3 for JMKs reqs. so no gear for him - sry ****!

go get bastilla and for fleets farm geos + tarkin and you will get a good fleet rank, too.
  • Larx wrote: »
    Thats good!

if you have shards for any toon also do not upgrade their stars. it costs credits and credits are very rare at the beginning.

same for Mace. please dont drop any gear or credits on him. he has literally no use in this game and is only needed with R3 for JMKs reqs. so no gear for him - sry ****!

go get bastilla and for fleets farm geos + tarkin and you will get a good fleet rank, too.

I have all geonosians except for GBA and they are all 4 Star I think. I don’t upgrade mace anymore. I had about 11 Mil credits recently but now only a couple mil from modding.

Thanks