Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Starting to think that this thread is no longer serving its purpose any more…

The purpose is for him to get topics to discuss and add them in when they are discussing things. As was stated by Doja, this will not be a place for things to get answered and there will not be an all encompassing "here are the answers". Its doing just fine.

So…where/when is the last time he discussed anything? It’s been awhile, which why I said what I said. Doja seems to have been muzzled. That may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.

A few thing have come up here and there, I believe the largest collection was in the announced Meta Verse thing they did.

Ok. Got it.

Oh, that video that only has 1.2k views? Great use of their time…got it.

This thread has 10x more views…..

They have also been regulars in the discord, but I cant make it, as I am at work during that time. So I cant speak to what gets tossed around there.

So their new communication plan is to use the one of the smallest CC’s and talk on discord where only those lucky enough to be there will get the info. Sound plan. It’s working so well…..

They are just interacting with the community, they are not sharing anything special or privileged. That is the point of this thread, to get things that are not in need of offical announcements and make some conversation.

But you just keep on keeping on.

So what’s the reason for not interacting with the community on the official forums? (Not talking about the BB show threads.). Doja started out strong but has since fizzled away, and I would like that to change back.

And I will keep on keeping on. I hope you do the same.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

The purpose is for him to get topics to discuss and add them in when they are discussing things. As was stated by Doja, this will not be a place for things to get answered and there will not be an all encompassing "here are the answers". Its doing just fine.

So…where/when is the last time he discussed anything? It’s been awhile, which why I said what I said. Doja seems to have been muzzled. That may not be the case, but it sure seems like it.

A few thing have come up here and there, I believe the largest collection was in the announced Meta Verse thing they did.

Ok. Got it.

They have also been regulars in the discord, but I cant make it, as I am at work during that time. So I cant speak to what gets tossed around there.

So their new communication plan is to use the one of the smallest CC’s and talk on discord where only those lucky enough to be there will get the info. Sound plan. It’s working so well…..

They are just interacting with the community, they are not sharing anything special or privileged. That is the point of this thread, to get things that are not in need of offical announcements and make some conversation.

So what’s the reason for not interacting with the community on the official forums? (Not talking about the BB show threads.). Doja started out strong but has since fizzled away, and I would like that to change back.

And I will keep on keeping on. I hope you do the same.

It really does seem like the communication level has reverted back to the way it was when it was just Crumb.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Ok. Got it.

This thread has 10x more views, but i doubt the unique number of viewers is more than that video

We have no way to know if this thread, or that video is more effective, besides, information of the video is shared in other servers through word of mouth for people that haven't or couldn't get around to watching it so i don't think using the video views alone is a fair assessment
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I've opened this thread 1,000 times on my own.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    I believe in this thread!

Why can't I message players from squad and fleet arena rankings? Or anywhere from the ships node?
    p97cg0ry7vhl.jpg

Finding people in my ship shard is already a chore. If it's a privacy or harassment issue, mute is the selection always available right there on on the right. Let me reach out to whomever, and let them ignore or mute me to their hearts' content. It's a common experience for me in real life anyway.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Maybe CG should release information through you

You have ~30k posts, more than this thread or OM vids
  • Kyno wrote: »

Ok. Got it.

I'm not on discord when Doja visits either, but from what I've seen looking back at the conversation that goes on it mostly seems to be him replying to questions that people directly pose to him as he's on there, whether that be about the game or just life in general. So the fact that he's on discord really is completely irrelevant to how this thread is doing, seeing as to how he doesn't take topics posted here to talk about on discord. And aside from the Operation Metaverse videos it does seem like nothing else has come out of this thread
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok. Got it.

I'm not on discord when Doja visits either, but from what I've seen looking back at the conversation that goes on it mostly seems to be him replying to questions that people directly pose to him as he's on there, whether that be about the game or just life in general. So the fact that he's on discord really is completely irrelevant to how this thread is doing, seeing as to how he doesn't take topics posted here to talk about on discord. And aside from the Operation Metaverse videos it does seem like nothing else has come out of this thread

So none of the questions asked there have any overlap?

Ok. Got it.

I'm sure some have, but I don't see the relevance...what's the point of this thread if people have to ask the same question somewhere else to get answers? Or do you think that the questions asked on discord only get asked because they were on this thread first?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok. Got it.

I'm sure some have, but I don't see the relevance...what's the point of this thread if people have to ask the same question somewhere else to get answers? Or do you think that the questions asked on discord only get asked because they were on this thread first?

I think it's easier for him to answer questions like that because he is aware of the material beforehand. I imagine he doesnt field every question, so when one pops up that he knows the answer or has already gained some insight on, it's one he will more easily jump on.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Maybe CG should release information through you

Sounds painful.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    I'd love to see some sort of rapid fire on-demand GAC mode. Some place to just play GAC any time of day if we're in the mood. Something like a constantly repeating loop of 30 minute join, 30 minute defense, 1 hour offense, constantly running.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fatal wrote: »
    I'd love to see some sort of rapid fire on-demand GAC mode. Some place to just play GAC any time of day if we're in the mood. Something like a constantly repeating loop of 30 minute join, 30 minute defense, 1 hour offense, constantly running.

That would be interesting. It would probably have to have no rewards associated, but could still be a great addition for killing time when you have it.

That would be interesting. It would probably have to have no rewards associated, but could still be a great addition for killing time when you have it.

They could just make it a sandbox mode...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

8hqz85m1w7pi.jpg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Or literally any place to practice 3v3, for that matter.

• They could just make it a sandbox mode...

As chief sandbox cleaner for two cats for lots of years, I don't want to play in any sandbox, no thank you very much!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

8hqz85m1w7pi.jpg

About spit out my drink Kyno…that’s funny. Would be cool though.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Or literally any place to practice 3v3, for that matter.

How about a place to practice the KAM mission, since they made the hardest mission in the game with several dozen different possible paths to defeat and put it in a mode that only happens once a month?

8hqz85m1w7pi.jpg

We don't do that here, YET.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    i always liked the idea of setting a defense squad:

p9mnoflkkrnd.png

a fourth column that has a squad that displays a team you set for defense (just like the arena rank column) but anyone (or any ally?) can attack that team whenever they feel like it

Below the squad there will be a set defense button if its your own profile or attack button if you are viewing someone elses
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i always liked the idea of setting a defense squad:

p9mnoflkkrnd.png

a fourth column that has a squad that displays a team you set for defense (just like the arena rank column) but anyone (or any ally?) can attack that team whenever they feel like it

Below the squad there will be a set defense button if its your own profile or attack button if you are viewing someone elses

That would be okay, but what would be better is to be able to practice special missions like KAM or Wat, and many others that give players a hard time.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    I would love to see how many attacks my team resisted in Arena and how many times it got defeated. This counter could reset every time you make a fight. Would really be interesting to know, how often you're getting attacked.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    How cool would it be to remove "floating" data points? Like, say, I wanted to review an opponent's entire squad's stats in a Territory War to determine the best counter, and instead of having to back out from each character and then scroll to find the exact team again (funny names though! ha ha!) and long-press the next character, each squad stayed put and was listed in ascending or descending GP order? Like always. A consistent order.

Pretty cool, huh?

• I'd like to know why we continue to get duplicates of characters that are in the game already instead of some fab favorites that haven't seen even a single outing in the game!
    Characters such as Hondo Onaka, Beckett, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or Salacious B Crumb.
    I could go on and on here but I'll stop now because I think you get the idea! I mean 5 Hans and no Hondo is probably a crime somewhere (it better be).

Zuckuss! That's who I was thinking about recently. My brother and I almost had the full collection after ESB. We had him.

I could do without some character/ship copies, but one copy I really don't understand why is missing is Red #5. A whole arcade game was made about is LEGENDARY flight.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gushazan wrote: »
    I'd like to know why we continue to get duplicates of characters that are in the game already instead of some fab favorites that haven't seen even a single outing in the game!
    Characters such as Hondo Onaka, Beckett, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, or Salacious B Crumb.
    I could go on and on here but I'll stop now because I think you get the idea! I mean 5 Hans and no Hondo is probably a crime somewhere (it better be).

Zuckuss! That's who I was thinking about recently. My brother and I almost had the full collection after ESB. We had him.

I could do without some character/ship copies, but one copy I really don't understand why is missing is Red #5. A whole arcade game was made about is LEGENDARY flight.

They are probably keeping Red 5 for something special, and for that they need to sort out ships in general first. There was the "shipload" tease in the Road Ahead, but it seems to be just one more thing left in the dust...
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    I’d like to be able to save fleets for my ships, since we can do that for characters already.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

Thoughts?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

Thoughts?

Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.

Thoughts?

Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

You guess wrong, but who's counting.
This discussion has been closed.