Bad Batch S1:E11 Chat (SPOILERS)

Prev1
I'll chime in as y'all post. I wasn't able to watch the episode yet, so I gotta get caught up tonight!

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Good episode of Rebels

I liked the part where Clone Force 99 showed up

Would love to see a spinoff series based on them
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    i cant wait to see who they run into next from rebels. maybe sabine?
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    i cant wait to see who they run into next from rebels. maybe sabine?

Has she been born by this point? I think Caleb (who we saw ep 1) and Zeb are the most likely ones. Maybe some Thrawn coming into his power could be profiled.

I also wonder how long this arc is going to last. 2-3 episodes seems like a good guess.
  • Ezra was born on Empire Day and Sabine is a little bit older than he is so I think she is around somewhere. I honestly wouldn’t mind a look at Mandalore.

Maybe we’ll see Zeb but I’m thinking maybe Lieutenant Kallus or something. Promotion into ISB maybe.

I like Hera so I’m into this arc.
  • I guess Crosshair's injuries weren't that severe, he seems fine to me.. It would have be a nice touch if his injuries forced him to switch shooting sides and caused him to
    Slightly miss his shot.
    It was interesting to see the backstory on why Hera's family split. I guess next episode we will BB do an extract of Hera and Chop, which will hopefully lead into them crossing paths with Crosshair again.
    Overall I liked it, when it ended I wanted it to keep going.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Overall I liked it, when it ended I wanted it to keep going.

When they announced the bad batch series, these kinds of episodes was what i was expecting, clones working under the empire, the new regime, and doing dirty work because orders are orders

More focus on how the empire tightened their control on the galaxy

Until the trailer dropped, and turns out the main characters were on the run and defected from the empire rather than assimilating into it
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’m a fan of Rebels and def enjoy these tie-ins. Are they there for fan service? Perhaps, but it seems possible to have these stories intersect as this did.

If this show/season continues to go into the operations of the empire around the galaxy as the last few episodes are hinting at, I will not be disappointed.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    It was an overall great episode. It was nice to see how the rebellion on Ryloth had started, and get some of Hera’s backstory.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    CaroCanon wrote: »
    Ezra was born on Empire Day and Sabine is a little bit older than he is so I think she is around somewhere. I honestly wouldn’t mind a look at Mandalore.

Maybe we’ll see Zeb but I’m thinking maybe Lieutenant Kallus or something. Promotion into ISB maybe.

I like Hera so I’m into this arc.

Probably not Ezra or Sabine, since they were pretty young at that time. Perhaps Ezra or Sabine’s parents though?
    But it would be interesting to see if this series shows the Invasion of Lasan, so we could see Zeb and Kallus.
    The tie-ins to fill the gap between CW and Rebels are interesting though, and I am waiting to see where it heads along.

• I'm more interested in Howzer's story: why isn't he acting like the other clones? Did he just not activate during Order 66?
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I guess Crosshair's injuries weren't that severe, he seems fine to me.. It would have be a nice touch if his injuries forced him to switch shooting sides and caused him to
    Slightly miss his shot.

Good soldiers can switch sides shooting and still be as proficient. If I can do it, I’m sure a trained sniper with enhancements will be more than capable.

As for the episode, was ok. But more of a filler/ background for rebels. Not saying it was unwelcome, just slowed the pace of the series when it was finally gaining traction. Some background on Hara and Chopper was cool, liked the crashed Y wing in the courtyard.

As for Howzer, I kinda wish the did that with the rest of the clones. They all seem more like droids and I know the boys would hate that. Order 66 made them kill the Jedi, didn’t think it would kill their personalities too. Seeing a clone acting more natural is refreshing.
  • MusteA
    21 posts Member
    Perhaps the chip wears off over time or maybe he got injured and his chip got "loose" like a screw. I don't think he is a mutated clone since if that were the case he would have been a part of the Bad Batch.
  • MusteA wrote: »
    Perhaps the chip wears off over time or maybe he got injured and his chip got "loose" like a screw. I don't think he is a mutated clone since if that were the case he would have been a part of the Bad Batch.

Bad Batch we’re bred for their roles. What would be the acceptable level of mutation before a clone is placed in janitorial roles or terminated, especially pre Jedi involvement? Tup would be the only clone whose chip activated prematurely, and he was crazy and I don’t think he returned to “normal”, but that was a faulty chip. 🤔
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    MusteA wrote: »

Mutated clones ended up on maintenance and janitorial duty, like 99, or they were terminated. The Bad Batch was created for their roles, they weren’t really accidental mutations. If Howzer was a mutated clone, he wouldn’t be serving in the clone army.
    Post edited by Xcien on

• I guess Crosshair's injuries weren't that severe, he seems fine to me.. It would have be a nice touch if his injuries forced him to switch shooting sides and caused him to
    Slightly miss his shot.

Good soldiers can switch sides shooting and still be as proficient. If I can do it, I’m sure a trained sniper with enhancements will be more than capable.

I'm aware that it's possible to switch, I assume you practice in full health, he took an ion thruster and got one of his sides got toasted.
    I'm more saying It would have been nice to show that it actually did something and wasn't just a plot device for them to escape.
    Slightly miss his shot.

I'm aware that it's possible to switch, I assume you practice in full health, he took an ion thruster and got one of his sides got toasted.
    I'm more saying It would have been nice to show that it actually did something and wasn't just a plot device for them to escape.

I assume a professional soldier would practice too. There are a few episodes left to go through,so it may be more heavy on Crosshair.
  • I thought maybe his head injury would deactivate the chip, like wrecker’s injury activated his. Seems not, though.
  • CaroCanon wrote: »
    I thought maybe his head injury would deactivate the chip, like wrecker’s injury activated his. Seems not, though.

The finale needs something grand. Can't make rescuing Crosshair too easy.
    Slightly miss his shot.

I assume a professional soldier would practice too. There are a few episodes left to go through,so it may be more heavy on Crosshair.

I'm not saying they dont practice... I'm saying he had a bad injury and practice or not, it would have been nice to see it actually had an affect.
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    most boring episode so far. And I love Chopper.
    This series has no idea where it's going.
    Slightly miss his shot.

I'm not saying they dont practice... I'm saying he had a bad injury and practice or not, it would have been nice to see it actually had an affect.

It would. Maybe they're saving that for later. lol
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    most boring episode so far. And I love Chopper.
    This series has no idea where it's going.

this. l like the series but I think after it's done, will the season seem cohesive with a season long plot or more episodic is the telling point.

my feeling with the Bad Batch so far is that Star Wars feels like they struck gold with the squad but they are hesitant to actually tell any story or progress the characters in their arc..

I do wonder if O-meeega will show up live action at all, being Boba's "sister" and all..
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    I also think that they are building towards something more, also building the universe after Order 66, which is something they hadn't done yet, so it's understandable how they are doing it.

I just wish sometimes we would get episodes in batches of 5 or 10, as having these "filler" episodes, or universe-building episodes, after a whole week, seems too little.
    Slightly miss his shot.

It would. Maybe they're saving that for later. lol

That would take away from it, if they only bring it out when the heroes need it, it is meaningless.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Has it been confirmed where this episode takes place in the timeline? The group paid their debt last week and Crosshair seemed fine this week. This episode felt more like a flashback to a random job the group did before meeting Rex (and Crosshair standing on the wrong end of a thruster).
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Has it been confirmed where this episode takes place in the timeline? The group paid their debt last week and Crosshair seemed fine this week. This episode felt more like a flashback to a random job the group did before meeting Rex (and Crosshair standing on the wrong end of a thruster).

No, Crosshair has a scar on the side of his head where he was burned by the thruster. So, it is the most recent episode in the timeline.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I don’t see why they would not be released in chronological order.
  • Just wishful thinking on my part that the scar was from Empire experimenting with Crosshair’s chip. I liked the episode, but it felt out of place with the last few to me.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I don’t see why they would not be released in chronological order.

Lucas and Disney have a habit if not doing things chronologically. Mostly Clone Wars did it, though I thought it was seasons, not individual episodes that jumped in time.