Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    panetone wrote: »
    Or maybe he/she is cheating to beat it and don' t wanna to reveal his/her secrets

They verified the account, so no.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Good for that person (in a non sarcastic way), lets hope they choose to reveal at some point how it was done. I wonder if they have done it more than once or if they just got extremely lucky.
    I'd like to hope for more NS in the meantime to allow others to achieve it.
    Post edited by Mohrg on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Adamklark wrote: »
    or perhaps some unintented interaction/bug happened, since it is hilarious that out of thousands of players only one was able to clear it

Why, someone wins the lottery, and those are some astronomical odds.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    or perhaps some unintented interaction/bug happened, since it is hilarious that out of thousands of players only one was able to clear it

So you're saying CG intentionally created an event that is only beatable by 1 out of 450k players and only because he spent several hours that day moving mods and trying a few hundred times?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

So you're saying CG intentionally created an event that is only beatable by 1 out of 450k players and only because he spent several hours that day moving mods and trying a few hundred times?

Yes, I believe so.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s the most ridiculous thing they have put out and I still don’t know why they haven’t scaled it back a pinch.
    When all R7 Phoenix can’t beat it nor NS then what on earth did the devs use to beat it?
    Please put out videos for us to see just how Phoenix and NS are able.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

because this is a mobile game and not lottery, given how much damage sidious does it is more about some weird game mechanic or bug than luck.

But that damage is simply based on calculations. There is a probability for each value he ends up hitting with.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No, I'm saying they created a difficult event that can and will be beat by players as we develop, and that just like every event before hand, underdeveloped rosters can do it, but it takes a lot of tries and good RNG to do it.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member

No, I'm saying they created a difficult event that can and will be beat by players as we develop, and that just like every event before hand, underdeveloped rosters can do it, but it takes a lot of tries and good RNG to do it.
    Umm just no to this ☝️
    Why launch an event that 1 person (who prob spend days to beat) actually beat it. The difficulty to rewards+time spent is way way way off and data shows that clear as day. If we have to wait a year or two until they create r9-10 until we can get little scraps of rewards then the investment into those characters isn’t worth it either.
    They messed up and are lazy enough to not revisit this event and fix it.
    Like I said previously I would love to see them use Phoenix and beat it in a timely manner that justifies the rewards.
    They have scaled things back before but for some reason not this event. It’s a waste of their time if nobody bothers to play it’s 👏👏👏 golf clap
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    not even full relic teams can beat it, or we are waiting for r10 or GL nigthsister teams?
    This is actually brilliant! Gethzerion would make a fine Galactic Legend with NS team. Wow.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    It’s the most ridiculous thing they have put out and I still don’t know why they haven’t scaled it back a pinch.
    When all R7 Phoenix can’t beat it nor NS then what on earth did the devs use to beat it?

Relic 10 Phoenix and Relic 10 NS (that’s my guess).
    Looks like we’ll have to wait for Relic 10 to succeed.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    My theory is that CG overscaled the event and figured the players will surprise them and find ways to beat it just like every other content (that's what they usually say that the players find ways to clear it much better and efficiently than what they do in testing)

Unfortunately, its so overtuned that you can't clear it in a reasonable manner

They prob saw that other CTs were clearable with +50% stat boosts vs CT2 stats and just upped it for all Assault Battles including secrets and shadows, only issue is that the toons that we use in Secrets and Shadows are extremely outdated

Or the intention was that with more relic levels it should be clearable

Either way, having players able to try something that can't be cleared, isn't something i'm a fan of
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    My theory is that CG overscaled the event and figured the players will surprise them and find ways to beat it just like every other content (that's what they usually say that the players find ways to clear it much better and efficiently than what they do in testing)

They prob saw that other CTs were clearable with +50% stat boosts vs CT2 stats and just upped it for all Assault Battles including secrets and shadows, only issue is that the toons that we use in Secrets and Shadows are extremely outdated

Either way, having players able to try something that can't be cleared, isn't something i'm a fan of

I would echo this. I’m not a fan of unbeatable content ( looking at you LSGTB ). I think they made LSGTB stupid hard and impossible to get max stars to extend the life so they didn’t have to make new content….I don’t like that type of thinking, especially since it’s well over a year old.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I would echo this. I’m not a fan of unbeatable content ( looking at you LSGTB ). I think they made LSGTB stupid hard and impossible to get max stars to extend the life so they didn’t have to make new content….I don’t like that type of thinking, especially since it’s well over a year old.

Show the lack of interesting in turn the game interesting.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

They made difficult content so that we have something to challenge us and not do the first few tries. We all knew they would add characters to help out. Now we have JMK, CAT, Bad batch, etc to help out. These characters will make LSGTB much easier.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

They made difficult content so that we have something to challenge us and not do the first few tries. We all knew they would add characters to help out. Now we have JMK, CAT, Bad batch, etc to help out. These characters will make LSGTB much easier.

To add to this, we earn more GET currency from the more difficult content. Plus, the more challenging content heavily encourages us to improve our rosters.
  • exile038 wrote: »

To add to this, we earn more GET currency from the more difficult content. Plus, the more challenging content heavily encourages us to improve our rosters.

Except that for the secrets and shadows, gearing up characters doesn't help. And it's been out for over a year and no new characters have come to make it beatable.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2021

That is not even remotely close to the same thing.
    LS TB let's you use any LS characters in any combination - including your choice of now 3 GLs and several extremely powerful complimentary characters (JKL, CAT, etc.)
    Secrets and Shadows limits you to 2 outdated factions that have no synergy with each other and no GLs between them.
    Full relic 7 teams in LS TB can go 4/4 most of the time. I've pulled 4/4 on day 3 with relic 5 and 6 CLS teams. Save for the 1 run, no one, even with full R7 can clear Secrets and Shadows.

One is challenging content that players can beat with good enough teams. The other is ridiculously over-tuned silliness. They are not the least bit similar.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That is not even remotely close to the same thing.
    LS TB let's you use any LS characters in any combination - including your choice of now 3 GLs and several extremely powerful complimentary characters (JKL, CAT, etc.)
    Secrets and Shadows limits you to 2 outdated factions that have no synergy with each other and no GLs between them.
    Full relic 7 teams in LS TB can go 4/4 most of the time. I've pulled 4/4 on day 3 with relic 5 and 6 CLS teams. Save for the 1 run, no one, even with full R7 can clear Secrets and Shadows.

One is challenging content that players can beat with good enough teams. The other is ridiculously over-tuned silliness. They are not the least bit similar.

Mostly agree, but the other difference is that you can completely ignore tier 3 of this AB, unless you consider it a problem to "fall behind" one single person in the entire game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    A client reporting a win for Secrets and Shows tier 3 should be automatically flagged for cheating review.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    A client reporting a win for Secrets and Shows tier 3 should be automatically flagged for cheating review.

Maybe it is, but cheaters only get temp bans here, so not like it really matters.
  • The event has come around again and....my sisters are all r5 (they were last time). I still haven't beat CT2. And I know that *eventually* RNG will go my way and I could clear it but.....I don't think the rewards are worth it. For as much time as is spent on this assault battle, for as much as we have to relic up our characters for it, a paltry amount of relic mats just isn't enough value for the difficulty level of CT2 and CT3. CT1 this morning only my zombie and spirit were alive. Sidious instantly killed Daka. I was able to kill him, thanks to Spirit's high evasion and zombie keeping taunt up. and Spirit killed him. I then had to one by one kill an enemy with basics to revive MT then asajj, then finally daka in the next phase.

It was obnoxiously slow and frustrating. And that was just CT1. So I'm not bothering with CT2. Praying that I win the lottery and Sidious doesn't insta-wipe my team isn't fun, and as much as I've improved them I still can't get any form of consistency out of this event. So if it's not fun and the rewards aren't worth my time, I don't see the reason to even attempt it. Although it's pretty funny that the suggested comp is with Talia instead of Spirit but if I'd had Talia, I wouldn't have been able to recover the run.
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    Bump, tier 2 should be tier 3. CG retune this AB already.