Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    Kiaowew wrote: »
    I think fallen anakin would make the most sense and introduce a new faction, "dark jedi" and have synergies with them. There seems to be enough in the game that would qualify for that title and not break up SEE teams really.
    Not fallen Anakin, but Lord Vader, for one thing. And secondly, "dark jedi"? Why such a stupid name? There's a lot of different names out there and you try something so weak
    I think fallen anakin would make the most sense and introduce a new faction, "dark jedi" and have synergies with them. There seems to be enough in the game that would qualify for that title and not break up SEE teams really.
    Not fallen Anakin, but Lord Vader, for one thing. And secondly, "dark jedi"? Why such a stupid name? There's a lot of different names out there and you try something so weak

Well Lord Vader would have to be in the suit already and then it wouldn't fit the prequel theme they have going on. As for Dark Jedi, that's something that's been used tons in the star wars universe including games like kotor that this game has the actual characters that were called Dark Jedi.

He was dubbed Lord Vader prior to the suit.

Would the inquisitors be considered “dark Jedi”?

Technically the Inquisitors would be, but if they were to make it into the game, they would be Unaligned Force User (most likely). And for the Lord Vader tag debate, they probably wouldn't add the "Dark Jedi" tag, they would probably put Sith, seeing as Vader was a Sith.

If Inquisitors make it to the game, they will be Inquisitors. UFU makes no sense.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Well Lord Vader would have to be in the suit already and then it wouldn't fit the prequel theme they have going on. As for Dark Jedi, that's something that's been used tons in the star wars universe including games like kotor that this game has the actual characters that were called Dark Jedi.

Technically the Inquisitors would be, but if they were to make it into the game, they would be Unaligned Force User (most likely). And for the Lord Vader tag debate, they probably wouldn't add the "Dark Jedi" tag, they would probably put Sith, seeing as Vader was a Sith.

If Inquisitors make it to the game, they will be Inquisitors. UFU makes no sense.

i think they would be both, UFU makes sense since they were not sith, and they were not jedi, thus they werent aligned just like the other UFU we have in game
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

i think they would be both, UFU makes sense since they were not sith, and they were not jedi, thus they werent aligned just like the other UFU we have in game

But they were aligned to the Inquisition. Sith and Jedi aren't the only groups of Force users. The UFU we have are all forging their own path in some way, which can't be said about the Inquisitors. That would be like giving the UFU tag to Nightsisters, they are Force users who aren't Sith or Jedi too.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

They were pretty much aligned with the sith. They worked for an empire rin by the sith lord. They were trained by the sith apprentice. They were basically sith assassins under a different name.

The sith tag makes more sense than unaffiliated force user. But for game balance they may only get the inquisitor tag. Or get the sith tag, empire tag, and inquisitor tag but have most of the bonuses based on the inquisitor tag.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    The inquisition! What a show!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • "Nobody expects the Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... fear and surprise... our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

vuxjsqd8fy8m.gif
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

vuxjsqd8fy8m.gif

I love Mel Brook's work.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited July 2021

They were pretty much aligned with the sith. They worked for an empire rin by the sith lord. They were trained by the sith apprentice. They were basically sith assassins under a different name.

The sith tag makes more sense than unaffiliated force user. But for game balance they may only get the inquisitor tag. Or get the sith tag, empire tag, and inquisitor tag but have most of the bonuses based on the inquisitor tag.

Since the Inquisitors weren’t Sith because of the Sith Rule of Two, they wouldn’t get the Sith tag. The Inquisitors served the Sith, but weren’t strong enough in the Dark Side to be Sith. The tags they would probably have is Empire and Inquisitors.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Since the Inquisitors weren’t Sith because of the Sith Rule of Two, they wouldn’t get the Sith tag. The Inquisitors served the Sith, but weren’t strong enough in the Dark Side to be Sith. The tags they would probably have is Empire and Inquisitors.

Sith Trooper has the Sith tag too, so it wouldn't be entirely unprecedented.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Oooh I like that good point good point
    We shall hopefully see
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

True, but Sith Trooper was aligned with the Sith, the Inquisitors just worked for them.

• I want an Imperial Lord Vader where he leads troopers—Empire GL—not generic Sith Darth Hayden. We already have a Sith faction GL in SEE.

Right. Sigh would be his secondary much like JMK has Jedi as his secondary
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Well we wouldn’t know next week as Bad Batch’s Omega is pretty much confirmed.
  • AngelVazzana
    541 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kyno keeps moving my discussions here so I had to erase my post and add this.
    Post edited by AngelVazzana on
  • Ok my idea was bringing in two Legendary characters for GL LV. Now I’m no Tusken lover by any means but if you do your research they are two Legendary Tuskens. One LS and one DS that was Tusken. Sharad the Jedi and his son A’Sharad who turned to the Sith. Both characters are legendary characters in their own sense. By adding these two characters not only will you be completing a full Tusken team finally but also adding more galactic republic and Sith characters to the game which can help in TB, GAC, and Conquest. This would be a awesome opportunity for CG not only to make a killing off of GL LV but also give us great characters and finishing a faction out.

Let me make a good argument here for this please. By adding Sharad the Jedi you would need all Tuskens G12, Aurra Sing G12 (because she killed him), Kam 5 star G11, Luminara G12, Cad Bane G12.

Then add A’Sharad ( The son ) and make it to where you need his father ( Sharad ) G12 and Eeth Koth G12 to unlock him.

Then GL LV you would need the regular original Tuskens to R3, Cad Bane R7, Aurra Sing R5, Luminara R3, Kit Fisto R3, Eeth Koth R3, KAM 6 star g12. Now by doing this not only can CG make a killing but we as players would get some great new characters finish off a faction, get characters like Cad Bane who has a awesome ship reliced up but get more Galactic Republic characters and Aurra Sing is amazing as a leader for BH teams. Plus this will give CG 6 more characters to have us work to finish off GL LV. I know Luminara, kit, and Eeth are not very good characters and also the OG Tuskens but seriously by adding two new legendary characters to help that faction plus giving us extra galactic republic imo helps us in multiple areas of the game.

To ask why I mentioned KAM, Eeth, and Aurra is because….
    KAM trained Sharad, I think Eeth trained A’Sharad before he turned to the DS and Aurra killed Sharad.

Anyways I hope this happens and the Devs actually sees my post because my first one got deleted for some reason. You players chime in on what you think but as always please be nice and respectful of other’s opinions. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day my friends.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Darth Hayden should be in the game... as a Journey or Legendary character, or even released in Galactic Conquest. The GL Vader should absolutely be him in his suit with an Empire tag leading Imperial Troopers. With GL Leia as his counterpart leading Rebel Fighters.

We’re still in the Clone War era. Give us Supreme Commander Grievous as Kenobi’s counter. The sequels were given 4 GL’s, so give the prequels 4 GL’s too—give us Head of State Dooku and Jedi Master Windu. Both are huge characters who are pathetic ingame, both graphically and functionally. Then move onto OT era Vader, Leia, etc.

Give us GL Boba and GL Maul too while you’re at it. Lords of the underworld competing. Scoundrel/BH vs Scoundrel/Mandalorian.

You already have Vader in suit though.

And why it should be suit Vader?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Darth Hayden should be in the game... as a Journey or Legendary character, or even released in Galactic Conquest. The GL Vader should absolutely be him in his suit with an Empire tag leading Imperial Troopers. With GL Leia as his counterpart leading Rebel Fighters.

We’re still in the Clone War era. Give us Supreme Commander Grievous as Kenobi’s counter. The sequels were given 4 GL’s, so give the prequels 4 GL’s too—give us Head of State Dooku and Jedi Master Windu. Both are huge characters who are pathetic ingame, both graphically and functionally. Then move onto OT era Vader, Leia, etc.

Give us GL Boba and GL Maul too while you’re at it. Lords of the underworld competing. Scoundrel/BH vs Scoundrel/Mandalorian.

How would Grievous and Dooku be any different, apart from giving Dooku a reskin and Grievous a cape?

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    How would SLKR be any different from KRU or Kylo Ren, apart from a reskin?

The character had changed mentally and spiritually. Dooku and Grievous did not. But I won’t argue if the GL turns out to be headless Dooku or Grievous with his cape.

• Granolo
    213 posts Member
    Because suited Vader might as well be the mascot for the entire franchise. Meanwhile, Darth Hayden was in one movie for like a 15 minute bloated duel. The suit symbolically represents Anakin’s sealed fate, he doesn’t truly become Vader until the suit. There’s countless lore going into all this. Why would the ultimate version of Vader not be him in his suit? The current one in game is the RotJ version, they can make the GL variant his Rogue One/Rebels/ANH version with red lenses.

But I agree a Hayden Vader should be in the game. Just not as a GL. Let him be the JKL equivalent. Then release the suited GL Vader as an Empire GL.

Lord Vader as Hayden Vader it's making more sense, but I do understand that the most inconic Vader is the suited one. I'm just hopping his Ultimate will be like SEE or JML, where he "transforms", into the suit. That would be nice, thematical, and apropiate. But we will never know until the release.
  • Because suited Vader might as well be the mascot for the entire franchise. Meanwhile, Darth Hayden was in one movie for like a 15 minute bloated duel. The suit symbolically represents Anakin’s sealed fate, he doesn’t truly become Vader until the suit. There’s countless lore going into all this. Why would the ultimate version of Vader not be him in his suit? The current one in game is the RotJ version, they can make the GL variant his Rogue One/Rebels/ANH version with red lenses.

But I agree a Hayden Vader should be in the game. Just not as a GL. Let him be the JKL equivalent. Then release the suited GL Vader as an Empire GL.

Well, the most powerful SWGOH Luke is grumpy old man Luke, where I would have much preferred a GL jedi knight Luke myself. Or rebel pilot Luke. Both much more iconic to star wars in my opinion. But grumpy high belt, never uses his lightsaber Luke is the GL.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Because suited Vader might as well be the mascot for the entire franchise. Meanwhile, Darth Hayden was in one movie for like a 15 minute bloated duel. The suit symbolically represents Anakin’s sealed fate, he doesn’t truly become Vader until the suit. There’s countless lore going into all this. Why would the ultimate version of Vader not be him in his suit? The current one in game is the RotJ version, they can make the GL variant his Rogue One/Rebels/ANH version with red lenses.

He becomes Vader when he was given the name. The rest is semantics. At least when it comes to this game.

Besides, one could argue that the versions of Luke and Palp weren't the most iconic versions, and yet here we are.

Oh and neither GG or Dooku have enough character change to warrant another version of them, not to mention GL.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Granolo wrote: »

Lord Vader as Hayden Vader it's making more sense, but I do understand that the most inconic Vader is the suited one. I'm just hopping his Ultimate will be like SEE or JML, where he "transforms", into the suit. That would be nice, thematical, and apropiate. But we will never know until the release.

Yeah, I mean as long as the suit is still included lol.

Well, the most powerful SWGOH Luke is grumpy old man Luke, where I would have much preferred a GL jedi knight Luke myself. Or rebel pilot Luke. Both much more iconic to star wars in my opinion. But grumpy high belt, never uses his lightsaber Luke is the GL.

I won’t disagree there.
    Jo0121 wrote: »

He becomes Vader when he was given the name. The rest is semantics. At least when it comes to this game.

Besides, one could argue that the versions of Luke and Palp weren't the most iconic versions, and yet here we are.

Oh and neither GG or Dooku have enough character change to warrant another version of them, not to mention GL.

Maybe read more Star Wars books if you really think that?

Ah yes, because what is in the books is important for swgoh...

So let me rephrase, in the movies they aren't developed enough to warrant GLs.

But if you insist on all the outside material, then your only 15 minutes duel argument for suitless Vader fails, because he did much more than that.

Sure Vader in suit is the most iconic villain. But as proved already, the most iconic version isn't always GL, and we don't really get a say in who should or shouldn't be GL.
  • Jo0121 wrote: »

To be fair, we have a whole bunch of factions that are not movie based: 501st, Bad batch, Imperial Remnant, Mandalorians, Nightsisters, Old republic, Phoenix, Sith Empire. You could add Ewoks, Geonosians, Jawas and Tusken to the mix, because I have no idea where most of those named characters come from, even if their names might be in the script.

So imo, as long as a character is fully developed in a popular Star Wars show like Clone Wars, it's on the table.

I do agree that for the moment, GLs are only from movies. Let's give it another year and another Mando season to see if there is a pattern there ;)
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Jo0121 wrote: »

To be fair, we have a whole bunch of factions that are not movie based: 501st, Bad batch, Imperial Remnant, Mandalorians, Nightsisters, Old republic, Phoenix, Sith Empire. You could add Ewoks, Geonosians, Jawas and Tusken to the mix, because I have no idea where most of those named characters come from, even if their names might be in the script.

So imo, as long as a character is fully developed in a popular Star Wars show like Clone Wars, it's on the table.

I do agree that for the moment, GLs are only from movies. Let's give it another year and another Mando season to see if there is a pattern there ;)

Yeah I know about other characters. But GLs so far, like you said, were from the movies. I can see a popular TV show character. A book? Not so much.

And to be honest even with TCW I just don't see GG or Dooku as GLs, but if they go in that direction I am cool with that.