CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited July 2021
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

0m5oiage49bm.jpg

UNIT NAME: Omega
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Bad Batch, Clone Trooper
Clever and empathetic attacker who utilizes buffs, debuffs, and the presence of her Bad Batch allies to take out her foes.

ABILITIES:

Basic: DISARMING SHOT

bm1k74t607ko.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Omega has Evasion Up, inflict Blind and Daze for 1 turn.

If Omega has a buff that can be dispelled and it's her turn, she deals damage again dealing 50% less damage.

Special 1: ADAPTIVE LEARNER (Cooldown 3)

3qsdkb4ghahz.gif

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage and inflict target enemy with Zeroed In. Dispel Zeroed In from all other enemies and Omega gains a stack of Target Practice. These effects can't be copied, dispelled, prevented, or resisted and last until the end of the encounter, Zeroed In is removed from an enemy, or Omega is defeated

If the target enemy is Exposed, this attack inflicts Target Lock for 2 turns and removes 10% Turn Meter.

Zeroed In: Omega has Target Practice while a character is afflicted by this; Omega can ignore Taunt to target this enemy

Target Practice: +5% Critical Chance, and Offense, and +10% Critical Damage per stack

Special 2: EMPATHY FIRST (Cooldown 4)

11b9dw4f2g89.gif

FINAL TEXT: Omega dispels all debuffs on herself and gains Stealth for 2 turns. Bad Batch allies gain Protection Up (40%) and Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns and 10% Turn Meter.

If Omega has Critical Chance Up, Bad Batch allies gain an additional 20% Turn Meter, and Protection Over Time (20%) for 2 turns.

If Omega already had Stealth and an enemy has Zeroed In, she gains a stack of Target Practice.

Unique: PART OF THE SQUAD

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) At the start of the encounter, if all allies are Bad Batch, whenever the allied leader begins their turn, Omega gains +5 Speed, and +2% Offense (stacking, maximum 50 Speed and 20% Offense) for the rest of the encounter.

While Omega has Stealth, she has +10% Critical Damage, and when another Bad Batch ally uses a Special ability, Omega assists dealing 60% less damage. While Omega has Defense Up, she has +10% Critical Chance.

Omega's attacks deal 5% more damage for each buff she has, and 5% more damage for each debuff the enemy has.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Durandal
    109 posts Member
    No one cares...
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Omeeeega
  • Durandal wrote: »
    No one cares...

You took the job of clicking the link, scrolling down and leaving a comment so you clearly do lol.

Well Cody, your reign was short-lived, back to the toy box with you.
  • Clone Trooper? I think not, try again.
    No one cares...

If you need to inconvenience yourself just to say "I don't care", then you do, in fact, care.

Shroedingers denial
  • Would have preferred Crosshair. But I knew that wasn't going to happen cause she's the new "it" thing. But happy to have a full BB team now.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    j2ile721njjp.png
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Clone Trooper? I think not, try again.

Why does she have the Clone Trooper tag?
    It’s partly thematic and partly for gameplay reasons. She’s definitely a clone and she’s definitely a trooper but mostly it is because we wanted her to have the synergy with Clones across the board.

It amazes me how people can't read
  • She looks like a very solid damage dealer with lots of stacking mechanics, I think she is going to make Bad Batch raid viable due to her snowballing capacity. Not to mention that she can capitalize on BB stacking buffs in numbers to get an out of nowhere burst.

I just gotta ask tho, whats up with her eyes in the highlight poster? They look seriously narrowed and even asymmetrical, which seriously triggers my non-existent OCD lmao.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    j2ile721njjp.png

I love country accents. Omega's way of pronouncing names has been the highlight of my entertainment in BB.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Nice kit, but the art bothers me
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
    No one cares...

…. For your commentary

That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Omega look like Peter Pan
    No one cares...

Posts 1 minute after kit is revealed
  • Omega is gonna be the meta.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I lived in Australia for 5 years, and had a few Kiwi friends when I was there, so I love Omega’s accent. Reminds me of my New Zealand buddies I don’t see any more.

They swap vowels lol. Pen becomes Pin, while Six becomes Sex 😂
  • Kevinz2011 wrote: »
    Omega look like Peter Pan

And Hunter looks like Temuera Morrison.
  • Clearly a Crosshair designed kit re-skinned as Omega. I’m not complaining, just an observation. I’m looking forward to using her in the game!
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Omega’s art at the top doesn’t even look like her in the show lol

Just wish the Phoenix squad can be like this.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    j2ile721njjp.png

I love country accents. Omega's way of pronouncing names has been the highlight of my entertainment in BB.

Yeah, I can enjoy an entire episode of omega talking
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    She looks like a very solid damage dealer with lots of stacking mechanics, I think she is going to make Bad Batch raid viable due to her snowballing capacity. Not to mention that she can capitalize on BB stacking buffs in numbers to get an out of nowhere burst.

I just gotta ask tho, whats up with her eyes in the highlight poster? They look seriously narrowed and even asymmetrical, which seriously triggers my non-existent OCD lmao.
    I’m surprised Target Practice only stacks on abilities and doesn’t do so passively… but Tech’s translation should make sure that’s not an issue. This will be powerful.

And I think in the picture Omega’s head is tilted at a weird angle. Chin up and leaning slightly left. Which… is still odd, and not really to Omega’s personality. Wouldn’t be surprised if they “aged her up” a bit so it feels less like we’re smacking a child around.
  • Now players can legally shoot an young girl, even she is a clone(not trooper).
  • Clone Trooper? I think not, try again.

Imposter
  • Hoi_Tem
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Just gonna say, this Omega art looks cursed to me.
    Also, imagine if Wrecker got an added ability that if Omega is defeated, gain Furious for the rest of the game.
  • Looks interesting, but I have to ask. What does this mean for Crosshair?
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Looks interesting, but I have to ask. What does this mean for Crosshair?

I'm pretty sure it means no BB Crosshair. But more than likely an Empire Crosshair which sucks. But who knows.
  • I don't think the end of her first abilitie is good, because against Separatist enemies it's negligible turn meter reduction, since the hunter's lead removes half the turn meter and double against exposed Separatist enemies
  • Moff Gideon is a Imperial governor not a Trooper and nobody said a thing...shutup and let Omega have her synergies....
  • TargetEadu
    1513 posts Member
    It is interesting how many of these abilities are small bonuses, even the non-stacking ones. That’s not something we see a lot in characters.

The 10% TM reduction is helpful against non-Seperatist enemies, though. Bad Batch tends to go after more powerful teams.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    edupro556 wrote: »
    I don't think the end of her first abilitie is good, because against Separatist enemies it's negligible turn meter reduction, since the hunter's lead removes half the turn meter and double against exposed Separatist enemies

So because her ability isn't AS good against 1 faction (that they already consistently get 59+ banners against) you think it's bad?

Get outta town Charlie Brown.