Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Ok. I've got Ezra to 6* and the rest (including Zeb) to 5*. Even though I'm only 115 shards from 7* zeb (about 4 days farm) you think its better to go ahead and switch from Zeb to holding GW tokens for Geo?

Is it also time to Switch from Ezra/Hera to GS in Cantina? I was planning on switch after 7*.

• culealex
    57 posts Member
    Ok. I've got Ezra to 6* and the rest (including Zeb) to 5*. Even though I'm only 115 shards from 7* zeb (about 4 days farm) you think its better to go ahead and switch from Zeb to holding GW tokens for Geo?
    Is it also time to Switch from Ezra/Hera to GS in Cantina? I was planning on switch after 7*.
    It is a good idea to build a good starter fleet in order to get extra crystals from fleet arena. Going this path, it is better to save your GW currency and buy Geo ships from when you hit lvl 60 and start working on Tarkin or Ackbar as fleet commander. Choosing the Geo ships path will also require that you start farming Geo Spy from Cantina 4D asap to have him at 4* when you hit lvl 60.

In case you wanna go with another fleet team, I would say Ahsoka, Fives and Clone Sergeant + Plo as reinforcement would work pretty well with Mace as the fleet commander.

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Week 7 Update - July 8th

3ocvakvml4a5.png
    • Looks like I missed last week's update, sorry about that. Busy replying to everyone's posts here :)
    • Plugging along focusing on gearing the Geo pilots
    • Phoenix gearing has fallen behind now that purple gear is required, but still able to stay in the #300-500 ranks in squad arena
    • Falling into 500-1000 range is only a loss of 10 crystals a day, so not bad. But getting top 20 fleet vs top 21-50 is +50 crystals (this is why the focus)
    • Farming of future empire squad continues.
    • Ship farms: Vulture Droid & Tie Bomber from normal energy / JKA Eta2 & Imp Tie Fighter from fleet energy / Geos still purchased from stores & Ahsoka's ship when I have extra GW tokens
    • Fleet Store: Grievous, Vader, Tie Advanced > Geo ships

Current farms and fleet status
    4e6auq0junl1.png
    2vewwqdd4x4s.png
    rzzstqxk1ppw.png
    7hj405qgukrv.png

• Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Ok. I've got Ezra to 6* and the rest (including Zeb) to 5*. Even though I'm only 115 shards from 7* zeb (about 4 days farm) you think its better to go ahead and switch from Zeb to holding GW tokens for Geo?

@culealex answered well, here are my thoughts.
    • Normally I would say take Ezra to 7* then go back and take Hera to 7* after. But, I don't think you have started farming Geo pilots so...
    • Starting farming Geo Solider to 5* then go farm Geo Spy to 5* both from cantina energy. Use the cantina tokens to keep working to get Chopper to 7*
    • I would then alternate between the Geo pilots to take them both to 6 and then 7* before going back to Ezra & Hera
    • Zeb go ahead and finish him to 6* since you are 2 purchases away, then start saving all your GW tokens until you unlock fleet
    • Start farming Vulture Droid (ship) from normal energy now, and ideally you should use 25 crystals to refresh the node daily so you can farm it 10x per day

Take a look at the post I just made for the weekly update, you'll see how I am doing on my ships by going this method.

By level 75 you need to have 5 Dark Side ships (excl. Capital Ship) at 4*. This means the ships for Geo Solider, Spy & Sun Fac (you will buy from fleet store and farm with fleet energy when available) + Vulture Droid + ITF (or TIE Silencer but that is a lot of cantina farms you'll need).

By level 78 you will then need to have any 6 non-capital ships at 5* (so the 5 mentioned above + 1 more, and Ahsoka is an easy one since she's the login reward this month plus can buy from the GW store).
  • Ok. I think the guide (which is already excellent) would be clearer for new players if it included some markers on when to switch from one farm to another. The two responses to me really help.

It seems like the shift is to farming ships / pilots over farming toons, yes?

I have Tarkin 4* and 4 shards, Mace 4* and 50 shards (lucky drop) but no ship shards for either. Only 6 VD shards to go with Tie, Consular, GS, and X-Wing (and tomorrow Ashoka)

Also, the way you did squads by farm/store is SUPER helpful, thats a great idea and if you can add it to the original guide it would be excellent. Just a quality of life improvement.

I'm in a guild I really like so far, very supportive and lots of donors, and lots of strong players. If you want to join you should come along - The Redshirts Guild
  • Ok. I think the guide (which is already excellent) would be clearer for new players if it included some markers on when to switch from one farm to another. The two responses to me really help.

It seems like the shift is to farming ships / pilots over farming toons, yes?

I have Tarkin 4* and 4 shards, Mace 4* and 50 shards (lucky drop) but no ship shards for either. Only 6 VD shards to go with Tie, Consular, GS, and X-Wing (and tomorrow Ashoka)

Also, the way you did squads by farm/store is SUPER helpful, thats a great idea and if you can add it to the original guide it would be excellent. Just a quality of life improvement.

I'm in a guild I really like so far, very supportive and lots of donors, and lots of strong players. If you want to join you should come along - The Redshirts Guild

I think I can add a section to the original post that goes more into depth on fleet and how to prioritize the farms / gear. The rest is really just about finishing one farm to 7* then replacing it with something else.

For the Store farms, it's actually in the original post already as an excel snapshot that has the order I farmed them. At some point I'll go back and edit that original post if I have found that I changed my farming order a bit.

Just focus on getting Vulture Droid farmed now, the other ships will start to be available in the GW & Fleet store once you hit level 60...that's why it's good to start hoarding that currency now so you can buy a bunch of shards once they are there, instead of having to wait each new day for more currency.
  • In the revised guide, I think farm Sun Fac from guild first, Stark second, right?

• In the revised guide, I think farm Sun Fac from guild first, Stark second, right?
    Yes

Yeah you can, but Sun Fac won't show up all the time so if you want to save up like 800 tokens to keep around for when he shows up, then above that can buy Starck.

Personally I just bought all Starck until I finished him, and was getting SF from fleet store and guild store after that. Both were at 7* really fast. And then from Guild store I have just been buying Carbantis and Stun Cuffs to build the stock.
  • Yes, buying gear....the gear grind is brutal. Do you just farm as-needed for a given item, or do you have favorite nodes that lots of good options?
  • @culealex seems to be doing better with the Nute lead Geos in arena. Should we be aiming for that?

https://swgoh.gg/p/293462678/
    vs
    https://swgoh.gg/p/283735865/

And the Vulture Droid farm means we have to go malevolence? Doesn't it make more sense to go from Tarkin/Geos to Negotiator since we're picking up a Padme team and will be gearing up the Neg. pilots? Or can you talk about your relic plans?

• @culealex seems to be doing better with the Nute lead Geos in arena. Should we be aiming for that?

https://swgoh.gg/p/293462678/
    vs
    https://swgoh.gg/p/283735865/

And the Vulture Droid farm means we have to go malevolence? Doesn't it make more sense to go from Tarkin/Geos to Negotiator since we're picking up a Padme team and will be gearing up the Neg. pilots? Or can you talk about your relic plans?
    Nute+Geos can push higher in arena than PS. But we shall also notice that the difference between top 200 & top 500 only is 15 crystals and 100 Squad Arena currency per day. What is the most important is your long-term plan for the Arena team and potentially reach top 100 or higher. To get there, I would say build one of the following teams: Padme, JKR, DR or Imp Troopers - and focus solely on gearing these characters.

But, as mentioned, the crystal RoI is much better in building a team for Fleet Arena. Which leads to the 2nd question. If you are building Tarkin+Geos, then VD is a very good reinforcement, regardless of a future Malevolence or not. So if you are still early-game player, I would advise to start farming VD.

• If you gear you Phoenix for thrawn anyway, you can beat the max tier of the cargo ship event with just ht, ghost, and phantom. So I would try to 7 star them by the time you have a 7 star cap ship and a 7 star hit just for that. By then the ship resources to level them are more available so it shouldn't interfere and the rewards are well worth it longterm.[/quote]

I'm also finding that having 7* will let me participate in my guilds raids (huge equip rewards, just getting a single hit gets me in the top 30) and pass the mod-challenge with full stars better. So even though it might slow down the Geo Fleet a day or two, I think that weeks of better mod challenge rewards and guild equip will pay off big time. Plus it might get me a 5* or 6* thrawn / EP, which will really boost my second team even if I cant 7* them until much later.
  • @BattleshipSub From your post, you have some good points, and I personally would prio the following:
    1. Getting one 7* character, to be able to participate in raids (Zeb is a quick option)
    2. Focusing on Geo ships, Tarkin & VD until their maxed - will get you nice fleet arena income
    3. slowly farm PS and their ships in the background to have them ready when your capital ship is 7*
  • meta strategy question - it seems like the big point of the fleet investment is to get high, sustainable crystal income. So, the next question is how are we spending it? In the beginning, it was a fair amount as I was farming Ezra and Hera and getting lots of achievement crystals. Now, I sense that gear is the biggest problem. You also get more energy per crystal from your LS/DS battles. But maybe its useful for something else? Node refresh of VD?

Has anyone sat down and calculated where the best gear nodes are or which gear we need the most of?
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @BattleshipSub The best way to spend energy would be to refresh normal energy, fleet energy and mod energy as many times as possible each day (max 3 times per each though), in that order in case you are not able to farm each one of these three times each.

In terms of which gear is best to farm, I would say MK3 Carbantis, MK3 Stun cuffs and MK5 Stun guns are gonna be your bottlenecks as soon as you reach gear 7 or 8 - so better farm up big on these ones.
    Which node specifically? The higher node the better. www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGO4Gd6QUQE
  • BoonCapital
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm following this guide except I skipped phoenix allowing me to farm KRU prior to the spy. I'm doing this mostly for contrast to this guide to see if we can do better in arena and still be on track for SEE.

Arena - At level 45 I'm top 50 beating phoenix easily with Boba, Soldier, and KRU as burst damage. Kill the weakest member first turn then KRU taunts the rest of the battle and phoenix can't do enough damage. At level 46 I get spy which will solidify the burst damage. I'm curious how far I drop once all the top teams move up and phoenix farms finish.

GW - I can clear with Boba, Soldier, KRU, ahsoka, gideon as long as I don't run into level 80 teams lol. Gideon ensures we have a debuff so KRU taunts every turn. Ahsoka heals any AOE damage and helps keeps KRU topped up.

Only deviation from the plan is I probably skip DR/Malak.
    Post edited by BoonCapital on
  • Thats an interesting strategy....sounds like you're replacing most of what PS would give you early. Of course later you'll have to find a team for thrawn and EP, but by then you might have made huge improvements in arena crystal gains and started on GEOs even faster.

With PS I'm basically locked between 200-500 in arena. I'm also thinking about skipping DR/Malak, there are just so so many characters and gear that I'd like to cut out everything thats not essential.
  • Thats an interesting strategy....sounds like you're replacing most of what PS would give you early. Of course later you'll have to find a team for thrawn and EP, but by then you might have made huge improvements in arena crystal gains and started on GEOs even faster.

With PS I'm basically locked between 200-500 in arena. I'm also thinking about skipping DR/Malak, there are just so so many characters and gear that I'd like to cut out everything thats not essential.

I used Phoenix on my alt account but switched to empire as soon as I unlocked thrawn and ep. So not too long using Phoenix. Empire vastly out perform Phoenix in arena even at 20k or 30k less power. And they have more long term viability. They can get you too 100 pretty early if you learn to beat jkr and padme teams with them.
  • Whats your empire team?
  • Whats your empire team?

I started out with ep, vader, thrawn, tarkin, and tfp. I farmed dark Bastilla to put in for tfp and eventually farmed darth revan. I stayed with ep lead until I unlocked malak then switched to dr lead. Still get top 30. Now I'm working on a GL counter to get higher.

Getting the zeta on Vader and ep lead are important but they outperform Phoenix even before that.
  • Hey everyone, was a holiday here yesterday so I wasn't around, but I'll try to just hit on all the main points you have been discussing on this page.

@culealex @DarkHelmet1138 @BattleshipSub @BoonCapital

- The sole reason to go with Phoenix early is because they are what is needed to unlock Thrawn, and since they are rebels you can unlock Palp too, so 2 journey guide characters using 1 team. They are not good in Arena, and not a long term team to invest in, so better to just do them early and get it over with so you don't have to come back to them just for Thrawn at later period. Take them to g8 and then stop (prob a bit higher on Ezra). Okay I lied, there are 2 small other points on why Phoenix (1) they are decent in GW early because of the sustain even with low dmg output (no 5 minute timer in GW) and (2) they give you 2 Jedi characters to use towards unlocking GMY
    - For Arena, yeah using Nute + Geos is better and since you should already be gearing Geos for fleet its' only adding on Nute (btw my Geos are better geared than my PS, and I have Nute 7* just need to gear him). For me all my PS are now at g8 (Zeb at 6* but can't unlock Thrawn 7* at level 75 anyway so I will come back to it), so I am considering changing them in Squad Arena now.
    - Two options for Arena are the Nute + Geos (I haven't started farming Poggle yet) or to go with an Empire team. For me, I will likely go Nute + Geos since again, I am gearing Geos anyway so it helps on resources, plus the Empire team doesn't have a 7* Vader Thrawn or Palp yet. My likely plan after having all 5 Geos is to then focus on two other teams (1) Sith using PalpL, Vader, BSF, Sith Trooper and Dooku probably and (2) Imperial Troopers with Veers, Starck, Piett, Gideon & Range. I am farming for all these (except Dooku atm) but don't have any intention to gear them since I need those gear resources for Geos
    - Going KRU & Silencer early instead of PS is not a bad idea as you will have a strong Silencer when you start fleet (3 Geos + Silencer + VD). It works early because synergy doesn't play a huge role in Arena, but I think you'll find the mismatched teams will start to hurt as you get level 60+. I'm interested to see how it plays out though, and downside is if you skip Phoenix, you will have to go back and get them at some point (and later on you will want better characters....)
    - Gear Nodes to farm: There are some good ones you can always hit when needing specific gear or when you have left over energy. LS 8C Hard gives both mk3 Carbanti and mk6 hypo syringe plus 2 different character shards (eventually can convert them into shard shop currency). DS 8B normal for mk5 stun guns, DS 8C normal for mk3 stun cuffs, DS 9C normal for mk4 bacta, and fleet 3C normal for mk6 hypo syringe and gold gear. In general, pick the highest tier node (normal) when farming for gear (hard node if it is a character in your not too distant plans). Farm the purple gear, request the purple gear from guild donations, and let the green & blue gear come to you through bronzium openings. If you have 5/6 pieces to go up a gear level for a character and you are only missing 1 slot that has green/blue, then farm those last pieces.
    - Where to spend crystals? For me I am refreshing normal energy 3x per day (150 crystals), 1x fleet energy refresh (50c) and 1 or 2 cantina refreshes (100-200c). It depends what your income is and what you are farming, but probably will always want to try the 3x normal energy refresh b/c of the hard node farms and gear, and fleet starts to have a lot of good things (i.e. ships plus Bastilla / Jolee so you don't have to farm them with normal energy). Cantina also has a lot and remember it gives you cantina store currency as well. Refreshing the VD node (25c) each day is good to make sure you have it to 5* for the zeta mat challenge at 78 (mine is already on it's way to 6* so I no longer refresh the node daily).

Let me know if I missed anything or need further follow up.
  • I'm following this guide except I skipped phoenix allowing me to farm KRU prior to the spy. I'm doing this mostly for contrast to this guide to see if we can do better in arena and still be on track for SEE.

Arena - At level 45 I'm top 50 beating phoenix easily with Boba, Soldier, and KRU as burst damage. Kill the weakest member first turn then KRU taunts the rest of the battle and phoenix can't do enough damage. At level 46 I get spy which will solidify the burst damage. I'm curious how far I drop once all the top teams move up and phoenix farms finish.

So, I opened an alternate account and unlocked Boba Fett as my first or second card in the shop, at like level 5. Maybe its a sign!
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Week 8 Update - July 15

456dxmz5mb4o.png
    • Phoenix all at gear 8 now, so essentially "finished" for where I want to take them until I am around level 82 and can finish the Thrawn 7* tier
    • Geos at gear 9 and trying to keep abilities maxed
    • Executrix at 5* now and so a 3rd RI can be used, but ship materials are scarce so nothing really of value leveled
    • Ship Farms normal energy: Vulture Droid (no longer refreshing node) & Tie Bomber, will add Hyena Bomber in the next day once I hit level 76 today and can unlock that node
    • Ship Farms fleet energy: JKA Eta2, Imperial Tie Fighter (at 4* and 23/65, need to hit 5* by level 78), SF starfighter
    • Ahsoka's starfighter also 4* and 26/65, so with daily login reward and GW purchases it will also be 5* by lvl 78
    • Cracking Top 10 in fleet arena (there are 3 of us non-HDB that can get there), so stay the course with the Geo fleet! Can sometimes beat HDB fleets if there is some decent rng on the Geos assisting one another
    • GW pretty easy to fully clear every day with PS all at g8
    • Decision Point needed on what to do next for Arena. PS just keeps me hanging 300-500 daily, but since I won't be investing in them any longer they will start to fall. Likely I will change to a Nute + Geos lineup once I can gear Nute up (though don't have Poggle yet and dont' want to spend GW currency on him atm)

Current Farms / Ships
    txskszcbg2bf.png
    jsxxinji9q40.png
    bmo4mynytmnv.png
    ndpjhu7wkuzh.png
  • @Intimmydation update: got my account back after it being inactive at lvl 35 for weeks so got a small disadvantage.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Can't create a new account, so stuck with it

You'll be behind in the squad arena shard but that's it, you can catch up there eventually.
    Since you haven't been placed in a fleet shard yet there is no issue there, but just means fleet will be even more of a focus early on to get those crystals coming in.

You'll be behind in the squad arena shard but that's it, you can catch up there eventually.
    Since you haven't been placed in a fleet shard yet there is no issue there, but just means fleet will be even more of a focus early on to get those crystals coming in.

Exactly. Which is why I'm changing my cantina farming plan. Originally, I did Hera 5*, Ezra 5*, Hera 7*, Ezra 7*, Geos to: Hera 5*, Geo Soldier 5*, Geo Spy 5*, Ezra 5*, Phoenix 7*, Geos 7*, GBA 7*.
  • Here is a guy with a more focused SEE account. To compare against this plan which gives you more teams.

https://swgoh.gg/p/484635417/
  • Arva
    80 posts Member
    Dont get me wrong, but thats not focused. That is very bloated, and with how the plan from this thread works out, he should have all the teams listed and SEE at 2m GP