Sith Eternal Emperor charges up too slow. Why?

Korban
100 posts Member
Guys, my SEE is charging his Ultimate ability way too slowly.
Am I missing some crucial Zeta ability? (Basically, he charges up mainly when the other team starts whailing away at me.
When battling LKyloRen - Kylo charges up much more quicker and destroys my team before I get a chance to use the Ulta from my SEE.

Any tips?
My profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/265587195/characters/

Replies

• Read his kit to see exactly what it is that charges his ultimate. Every GL's ultimate charges differently, and at different paces
  • SEE gains 2% ultimate charge when a deceived enemy uses an ability and another 8% if the enemy is also Linked (and SEE is your leader). This adds up quickly against teams that call a lot of assists, but not so much against teams like FO and most other dark side teams. A most light side teams, SEE will be fully charged by his 3rd or 4th turn if you link the right targets.

SLKR will almost always wipe the floor with SEE as he has everything SEE is weak against: multiple tanks, very strong AoE attacks, and more damage output than Sith tanks can take. The only way I’ve seen SEE beat SLKR reliably is by using the Armorer and giving 3 stacks of Beskar to SEE.

For team composition, I avoid toons that inflict fear and stun since I want enemies able to use abilities. I prefer Traya and Nihilus to increase cooldowns so that enemies can still act but can’t use specials.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    SLKR will destroy SEE every time unless you can get Baskar Armor x3 on SEE from Armorer.

Every Galactic Legend charge their ultimate differently. You need to read the kit to fully understand how each one works and the best way to charge it.

So far, after testing, SEE gets charged when being attacked (therefore, i need characters who can take a lot of punishment). But when I'm on offence, his Ability doesn't charge at all.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Korban wrote: »
    SLKR will destroy SEE every time unless you can get Baskar Armor x3 on SEE from Armorer.

Every Galactic Legend charge their ultimate differently. You need to read the kit to fully understand how each one works and the best way to charge it.

So far, after testing, SEE gets charged when being attacked (therefore, i need characters who can take a lot of punishment). But when I'm on offence, his Ability doesn't charge at all.

Is he the leader? Are any enemies linked? You might be doing something wrong.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • It’s fairly well known that SLKR is a hard counter to SEE, so you’re going to struggle no matter what.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Yes/Yes. (Altho I don't have a Zeta on his leader ability)
  • Korban wrote: »

You're going to have to get some video proof or other way of showing it to us then, because that doesn't really sound possible, and I haven't heard of any bug that makes SEE not charge. I use him every day in arena and his ult charges perfectly fine. Are you sure it's not charging at all vs just charging slowly?

You're going to have to get some video proof or other way of showing it to us then, because that doesn't really sound possible, and I haven't heard of any bug that makes SEE not charge. I use him every day in arena and his ult charges perfectly fine. Are you sure it's not charging at all vs just charging slowly?

I think he meant that during SEE’s offensive turns, the ultimate doesn’t charge. Only when the opponent is taking offensive turns.

Maybe that could help clarify things

I think he meant that during SEE’s offensive turns, the ultimate doesn’t charge. Only when the opponent is taking offensive turns.

Oooh ok yea that makes a lot more sense
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Mate, I don't see his bar move when SEE / teammates attack. But when SLKR is whailing away at my team, it fills up quite fast. But in the end, by the time he is charged, all my team is dead. And SEE can't kill SLKR in one Ult charge. Even after the Ultimate, SLKR is still standing, and I'm unable to kill him with lightning ability.

I can't even pass the last GAC event on normal, where SRKL is the last boss. I'm left trading blows with him 1 vs 1, and he wears me down.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member

Correct.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Why Shore Trooper over your Sith Empire Trooper?

I tried using both, to have the team soak more dmg.

When I use versatile characters like Palp, Bastilla, Sith attackers - they get destroyed by the 1st order very fast. Perhaps I need Sion / Malak.

UdalCuain wrote: »
    Why Shore Trooper over your Sith Empire Trooper?

I tried using both, to have the team soak more dmg.

When I use versatile characters like Palp, Bastilla, Sith attackers - they get destroyed by the 1st order very fast. Perhaps I need Sion / Malak.

No matter what Sith you use, you'll always get destroyed by Kylo. You need to look at the specialized SEE counter to Kylo, which has already been mentioned and requires Armorer and probably Wat to work.

Mate, I don't see his bar move when SEE / teammates attack. But when SLKR is whailing away at my team, it fills up quite fast. But in the end, by the time he is charged, all my team is dead. And SEE can't kill SLKR in one Ult charge. Even after the Ultimate, SLKR is still standing, and I'm unable to kill him with lightning ability.

I can't even pass the last GAC event on normal, where SRKL is the last boss. I'm left trading blows with him 1 vs 1, and he wears me down.

Ok, and that's exactly how SEE's ultimate is supposed to work. Did you even bother to read his kit before making your post and comments here? He gains ultimate charge only when Deceived or Linked enemies use abilities. Unless your attacks trigger counterattacks, enemies are not using abilities at all when your characters attack, so I don't know why you expect his ultimate to charge in that case. That's just not how it works. Next time just read the kit and save yourself some time
  • Quick tip of the day: don’t run SEE against SLKR and come to the forums to complain about slow ultimate charge without understand SEE ult charge mechanics.

Running a SEE team against SLKR will always frustrate you, even more so if they run double tank like KRU and FOST. SLKR, Hux, and Sith Trooper will run rings around your team
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I have never lost a SLKR vs SEE battle when I run SLKR, even if the opponent uses Armorer and Wat. Mostly because the AI is stupid. I think I fought one team that had Traya and Nihilus as the other two and Wat's first move was to put either weapon or healing tech on Traya. Wat will almost never put tech on SEE unless you run only SEE and Wat, and that team still gets slaughtered by SLKR. Honestly, avoid running SEE vs. SLKR. Get JML for that, you will beat SLKR every time.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    Because he's the easiest to get and use he couldn't be the fastest.
  • Korban
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Get JML for that, you will beat SLKR every time.

Cheers for the reply. Is JML the best light side Leggo? What about Rey or JMK?

BTW, who is SEE good against?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Get JML for that, you will beat SLKR every time.

Cheers for the reply. Is JML the best light side Leggo? What about Rey or JMK?

BTW, who is SEE good against?

On offense, SEE is good against any GL that's NOT SLKR. JMK is probably one of the best offensive GLs (although he can struggle with certain Rey teams and SEE) but he can beat the Bast/JML/Wat cheese.. JML is right near the top of the list - but struggles vs. SEE as well (and can lose against a good JMK team). There's actually a lot of parity among the GLs - not to be confused with parody or parroty.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*