10M GP reached!

Prev1345
h1kdn3ngglxq.jpg

First players to reach 10M GP! What a time to be alive lol. Congrats to the guys. Kinda crazy to see those numbers, but shows how far the game has come.

Replies

• LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    :|
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Am I the only one who are kinda like….repulsed by these kinda “yay me” (pg version) threads? Like cool achievement, but this is more “look how much money I’ve spent” than anything lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    dh0k2ovet681.jpg

Haters gonna hate, and that's ok.

Congrats!!!!
  • Thanks for funding the game!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Am I the only one who are kinda like….repulsed by these kinda “yay me” (pg version) threads? Like cool achievement, but this is more “look how much money I’ve spent” than anything lol

And you can guarantee that one of these two posted? I'm assuming that you assumed ΔΝKO posted this since its highlighted but if you go to https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/ you'll see many players have highlighted names.

Who really cares if they put a lot of money into this game? I, for one, enjoy playing so I'm happy that others can sink those kinds of resources into it. literally doesn't negatively affect most people.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno is right, we are all free-to-pay here.
    I think buying an advantage in a game is kinda pathetic but to each their own.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    exile038 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

And you can guarantee that one of these two posted? I'm assuming that you assumed ΔΝKO posted this since its highlighted but if you go to https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/ you'll see many players have highlighted names.

Who really cares if they put a lot of money into this game? I, for one, enjoy playing so I'm happy that others can sink those kinds of resources into it. literally doesn't negatively affect most people.

The highlighted name means they are swgoh.gg patreon supporters - nothing else.
    So it's fine if some people are negatively impacted? That's an interesting opinion.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    These people literally fund the game for everyone else to play free.

Bravo 👏 and thanks 🙏
  • If ΔΝKO could make 49 copies of his account and all join the same guild, you'd have yourself a 500+ million GP guild.....that still couldn't get max stars in LS Geo TB....so. :(
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    Nice...now I'll go back to my little 4 mil GP hovel and cry.

But seriously, that's pretty cool. Congrats!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

I think people who play a game with no ads for free and then complain about others who contribute to the game and it's developers are worse. But as you said, to each their own.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I think people who play a game with no ads for free and then complain about others who contribute to the game and it's developers are worse. But as you said, to each their own.

They are not contributing to the game like it's some kind of charity - you could say that if they were buying skins for example because in that situation they don't really get anything out the transaction since skins don't do anything to improve your performance in a game.
    I don't mind people buying things that don't affect the game (skins etc.) but buying gameplay affecting advantages is a different story.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Every game has a ptp and ptw element. You think other games just have skins?

They don’t sell unique weapons and equipment? In game currency packs for buying equipment others can’t afford? Faster levelling XP point packs that put you ahead of ftp?

I can’t understand your anger at people who fund a game you are playing for free.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    Every game has a ptp and ptw element. You think other games just have skins?

They don’t sell unique weapons and equipment? In game currency packs for buying equipment others can’t afford? Faster levelling XP point packs that put you ahead of ftp?

I can’t understand your anger at people who fund a game you are playing for free.

You misunderstand - I'm not angry at them. I'm not even saying they shouldn't be paying.
    I wouldn't mind paying for this game myself as long as you couldn't buy gameplay advantages. I don't want to pay my way to be better. If you they don't mind doing that then good for them.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Most people don’t mind. It’s been a part of the online side of gaming since it’s inception. When I started played WoW a very long time ago, I whaled on a bunch of XP packs. I had 4 usable raid characters in the time most would have 1.

Paying to get a leg up is part of MMO! It always has been.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    In wow, eso online, star wars the old republic mmo’s, ftp vs ptp you get a massive advantage over ftp. Usually you are locked out of the best end game content as well unless you pay. This game gives you full access to its entirety without spending a dime
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    The community couldn’t survive without extra ftp players. But it’s the ptp who are literally funding the game, and keeping the lights on.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    And finally. Last of all, if you invest nothing in this game, do nothing to help it stay alive, why should you be at a level playing field as those who do?

How would you feel if your hard earned went in and someone who didn’t had the exact same stuff? What **** is this?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

That doesn't make it good.
    And finally. Last of all, if you invest nothing in this game, do nothing to help it stay alive, why should you be at a level playing field as those who do?

How would you feel if your hard earned went in and someone who didn’t had the exact same stuff? What **** is this?

I didn't choose the monetization of this game. Like I said before I wouldn't mind supporting the game if the monetization was different. There is nothing I can buy in order to support the game that doesn't give me some sort of advantage.
    I don't feel pride and accomplishment by opening up my wallet.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    It only gives you a leg up. It doesn’t play the game for you. Stop being silly, and resentful.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    It only gives you a leg up. It doesn’t play the game for you. Stop being silly, and resentful.

I don't understand why paying for a leg up is acceptable in gaming. Everywhere else it's called bribing or cheating but in games it's called microtransations and most people don't mind. That's silly if you ask me.

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

I don't understand why paying for a leg up is acceptable in gaming. Everywhere else it's called bribing or cheating but in games it's called microtransations and most people don't mind. That's silly if you ask me.

This is basically the way collectable card games work though. The more packs you buy, the more chance you have of getting good cards. Or maybe you can buy certain cards outright if you find the right retailer. I don't play those miniture games but I imagine they're the same way. You buy whichever units are better. You don't just stick with the starter kit.

This game already gives an advantage to f2p over these types of games in that all you are really buying in this game is time. F2p can get anything in this game if you just want to wait longer. Fortunately, the only place where f2p really compete with p2p is squad arena, and even there it's perfectly possible for f2p to hold their own.

I'm admittedly a little surprised at how MUCH some people spend on a mobile game, but then again, there are billionaires building private spaceships instead of doing more useful things with their money, so par for the course, I guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Can you make a list of sports where people are not throwing money at the team/organization to get an advantage.

Look at other collecting games, basically any card based game, people buy packs to have a chance to get a thing. The more packs you buy the better chance you have to get something better than others.

It's not cheating or bribery, not by any means. Many games operate this way, and it's all a balance. No one has to like it, but let's not put the blinders on to the fact that money has influence everywhere. At least in this game, it's not P2W, you can commit your time "for free" and be competitive, that is less true in other games.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

This is basically the way collectable card games work though. The more packs you buy, the more chance you have of getting good cards. Or maybe you can buy certain cards outright if you find the right retailer. I don't play those miniture games but I imagine they're the same way. You buy whichever units are better. You don't just stick with the starter kit.

This game already gives an advantage to f2p over these types of games in that all you are really buying in this game is time. F2p can get anything in this game if you just want to wait longer. Fortunately, the only place where f2p really compete with p2p is squad arena, and even there it's perfectly possible for f2p to hold their own.

I'm admittedly a little surprised at how MUCH some people spend on a mobile game, but then again, there are billionaires building private spaceships instead of doing more useful things with their money, so par for the course, I guess.

I know this game isn't some sort of novel concept and that there are much worse offenders. I just don't understand why it's so widely acceptable to spend on ingame advantages in the first place.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    vXqXDzp.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • th3evo wrote: »

That doesn't make it good.

I didn't choose the monetization of this game. Like I said before I wouldn't mind supporting the game if the monetization was different. There is nothing I can buy in order to support the game that doesn't give me some sort of advantage.
    I don't feel pride and accomplishment by opening up my wallet.

Now come on, I don't spend on this game for the same reason as you, but it's completely unnecessary to hate on people that do, and to hate on the fact that you can spend in this game to get an advantage. This is common is so many games nowadays. Everyone is free to do whatever they want with their money, and as many people here already mentioned, those spenders literally fund the game. If none of them spent any money, we wouldn't be here right now and the game would be long dead. You can be a proud f2p and still respect the spenders. Hate is completely out of place here.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Most people don’t mind. It’s been a part of the online side of gaming since it’s inception. When I started played WoW a very long time ago, I whaled on a bunch of XP packs. I had 4 usable raid characters in the time most would have 1.

It hasn’t always been like that. When I played WoW, you paid a monthly subscription fee. If you didn’t pay the fee, you didn’t play the game. You couldn’t buy more toons or gear for more money.

That being said, I did know a guy that paid for 3 subscriptions and had 3 computers so he could do entire instances by himself lol.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Can you make a list of sports where people are not throwing money at the team/organization to get an advantage.

Look at other collecting games, basically any card based game, people buy packs to have a chance to get a thing. The more packs you buy the better chance you have to get something better than others.

It's not cheating or bribery, not by any means. Many games operate this way, and it's all a balance. No one has to like it, but let's not put the blinders on to the fact that money has influence everywhere. At least in this game, it's not P2W, you can commit your time "for free" and be competitive, that is less true in other games.

I'm not sure what you mean by people throwing money at the team/organization. Are you comparing swgoh players to sports teams/organizations and their rosters to players/athletes? If that's the case then I don't think it's a fair comparison because real people are unique while our rosters are not.

In sports you can't pay to get another attempt at your opponent. Guilds aren't buying better players (afaik) like sports teams. Sports players can't really pay to be better. They can't buy something to improve their physique faster.
    I guess you could say that with money you have access to better equipment/food/trainers etc. but those aren't really direct and instant results like they are in games so it's a bit of a strech.

Like I said in my other comment: I know this game isn't some sort of novel concept and that there are much worse offenders. I just don't understand why it's so widely acceptable to spend on ingame advantages in the first place.

Also some people act like I should be thankful for playing this game for free and they are completely missing the point. I have no problem with spending money on games. I have a problem with buying advantages. If you had to purchase this game I would buy it as long as you couldn't spend on advantages (I didn't buy Battlefront 2 back when it was released but I have it now).
  • I can't believe people still think Galaxy of Heroes is a game
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    lucaefor wrote: »
    I can't believe people still think Galaxy of Heroes is a game

It's whatever you make it, friend :smile:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH