I want to climb Fleet arena ranks, who can I contact?

Prev1
SidVicious444
84 posts Member
edited July 2021
Like the title says I want to climb fleet arena ranks who must I contact for fleet shard leader!
Where can I find my fleet shard leader?
I'm currently rank 51 in fleet arena and want to climb to number 4 in fleet arena.
I need the crystals to buy gear.
My DV, soldier, spy, KRU and GMT are stuck and I need 1400 crystals each to buy gear.
I ONLY focus on ships because arena is to difficult and I gave up on arena.
I can't farm the gear I need, I can only get it from crystals.
My only option is to climb fleet rank.
Yesterday I unlocked fleet challenge tear 4 and I am convinced I'm strong enough to start climbing the fleet ranks.
I gave up on arena its impossible to climb the ranks as F2P
I can't use any of the gear 12 I get from raids to gear up my characters, what's the point of raid gear?
I'm currently rank 10 in Sith and Haat raid but I can't use any of the gear 12.

I don't think there will be a problem climbing the fleet ranks because I'm in a different time zone from america and Japan.
I live in South Africa.
For example I have to set my alarm for midnight if I want to join Sith and Haat raids.
My fleet arena reset at 1pm and not 7pm
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You can change your payout time. South Africa is the same or similar to much of Central Europe, so it will still be busy.

As for your question about how to climb, step one would be to just win some more battles in the hours before your payout. If you’re at 51, it is unlikely any fleet shard chat will be interested in accommodating you.

Most fleet shard chats will insist on members earning their spot, so you need to demonstrate that you are capable of top 20 or top 10 without anyone doing you a favour by setting a weaker team.
  • You can change your payout time. South Africa is the same or similar to much of Central Europe, so it will still be busy.

As for your question about how to climb, step one would be to just win some more battles in the hours before your payout. If you’re at 51, it is unlikely any fleet shard chat will be interested in accommodating you.

Most fleet shard chats will insist on members earning their spot, so you need to demonstrate that you are capable of top 20 or top 10 without anyone doing you a favour by setting a weaker team.

Thanx for the quick reply.
    My next goal is a defence team with Bossk and hounds tooth.
  • My fleet arena top 50 is quiet its the same top 50 for the last 2 months or so
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can look at who is in the top 10-20 and try to find then through their guild.

You can search for them on the Forum, or other recruiting channels.

You can also look for a post by them here or make one yourself:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/pvp-and-rivalry
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    This summarises all that is wrong with shard chats. You're not even close to #4 but think talking to someone is more important than earning that position.

I'm generally quiet on this nowadays as calling it out can get some folk... emotional but this is ridiculous.

Apologies to OP if I'm being blunt but you've really got to earn those crystals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    This summarises all that is wrong with shard chats. You're not even close to #4 but think talking to someone is more important than earning that position.

I'm generally quiet on this nowadays as calling it out can get some folk... emotional but this is ridiculous.

Apologies to OP if I'm being blunt but you've really got to earn those crystals.

You do realize that you still need to win, even if you are in a shard chat, right?
  • CHFC22 wrote: »

I don't want to join a shard chat I just want to ask permission before I start climbing the ranks.
    If I reach rank 50 in fleet or squad arena my personal information is open to the public.
    Anyone can look at my profile and send me PM.
    I'm not in the mood for hate PM
    I get knocked around a lot because I don't have Bossk defence team but that's OK I just climb back up.
    Rank 4 gives 300 crystals I can buy the gear I need every 5 days or so.
    Thanx for the quick reply!
  • If you reach top 50 the only “personal” information is your username and your ally code. Both of which can already be found if somebody in squad arena fights you. Also no one really pms you unless it’s grand arena related imo.

Reaching top 5 without being a part of a shard chat might prove difficult, but without knowing how the top 20 look like fleet-wise it’d be hard to say.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I don't want to join a shard chat I just want to ask permission before I start climbing the ranks.
    If I reach rank 50 in fleet or squad arena my personal information is open to the public.
    Anyone can look at my profile and send me PM.
    I'm not in the mood for hate PM
    I get knocked around a lot because I don't have Bossk defence team but that's OK I just climb back up.
    Thanx for the quick reply!

Joining or not is a little irrelevant, you should ask for a table of POs this way you can avoid people also moving up and try to hit people who already have passed their PO. It's the best way to be nice about the situation and about all that active shards really do.

No one is likely to PM you, as most groups are not trying to actively get larger, but hitting people on their own PO is likely to upset people, which may cause hate PM.
  • So im guessing you are a relatively new player. In a newer shard, based on just unlocking a fleet challenge.

1st, its doubtful you even have a shard chat yet.

2nd, 50-20 is the same prize, so try and go up to 20. If you get there, keep going. I don't know if you can get there from your description.

3rd. You're ally code isn't even displayed in fleet arena. If someone wants to message you, they would need to look up your swgoh.gg page if you have one.

4th. What gear can you not farm? If its the stuff from fleet nodes, you need to work on your ships more until you can clear all the nodes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you feel ready to climb from rank 50, just go ahead and climb. Top-50 will earn you an extra 50 crystals a day. That's a start. I wouldn't worry about shard chats until you reach even higher reward tiers.

How come you can't farm the gear you need - not even from raids? What kind of gear do you need?
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    would be nice to see your swgoh.gg profile - maybe we can help you in finding a way to farm those gear pieces you need
  • I can't use any of the gear 12 I get from raids to gear up my characters, what's the point of raid gear?
    I'm currently rank 10 in Sith and Haat raid but I can't use any of the gear 12.
    You'll use it eventually.
    I had a bunch before completing my first G11 & slots just filled in.
    It goes down quick.

• Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Buying gear is not as efficient as farming nodes for it.

As other's above have asked, what pieces are you actually looking for?

There is almost always a better way to get gear than Purchasing it.

I only Purchase gear if I'm earning enough to pay out 750 Crystals a day doing all 12 of the "Cheap" refreshes first.

Once you do all the cheap refreshes THEN if you still are banking crystals make the occasional purchase.

Even then though, some items are MUCH better to purchase in cost/need over the long run so we might be able to point you into the best direction.

• Kyno wrote: »
    you should ask for a table of POs this way you can avoid people also moving up and try to hit people who already have passed their PO.

No one is likely to PM you, as most groups are not trying to actively get larger, but hitting people on their own PO is likely to upset people, which may cause hate PM.

Agreed, Just knowing who is or is not moving in your hour is very useful.

Saves you from getting into a Hit-HitBack situation that gets you both nowhere.
  • SidVicious444
    84 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Buying gear is not as efficient as farming nodes for it.

As other's above have asked, what pieces are you actually looking for?

There is almost always a better way to get gear than Purchasing it.

I only Purchase gear if I'm earning enough to pay out 750 Crystals a day doing all 12 of the "Cheap" refreshes first.

Once you do all the cheap refreshes THEN if you still are banking crystals make the occasional purchase.

Even then though, some items are MUCH better to purchase in cost/need over the long run so we might be able to point you into the best direction.

The gear I need is mk arakyd droid caller and mk arakyd droid caller salvage.
    Dv, Broad Alpha, spy, soldier, KRU, GMT, Bobba Fett, and Sith assassin they all need it.
    You can buy it in shipment for 280, 700 and 1400 crystals
    I join all the raids except pit challenge and I don't get any mk arakyd droid caller from it.
    I login every 6 hours to buy gear from shards and guild store and there are no mk arakyd droid caller or very scares like maybe ones a month or something
    I would really like to take all my pilots to gear 13 if it where possible.
    Post edited by SidVicious444 on
  • Broad Alpha don't have a ship but I'm building geo team for TB and Padme( I think)
  • These show up on average once a day in Guild store for me.

And I do periodically get them from the Heroic Rancor - got 25 last night in fact.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I don’t understand the asking for permission to climb. This is a multi player online game.

Let there be war!
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    @SidVicious444
    they do show up regularly in guild store and u do get them in raids.
    yeah, there could be more of them, but this gear is very often in guild store.
    sometimes two times as 5 AND 10 pieces.

maybe its because of not being lvl 85 you can´t purchase everything yet.
    but thats just my guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Crayons wrote: »
    I don’t understand the asking for permission to climb. This is a multi player online game.

Let there be war!

Absolutely. But there are some of us out there, who have found that through some loose cooperation, we can all benefit by not causing each other to need extra battles, which saves us crystals (or increases our income, depending how you look at it)

To each their own.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

Let there be war!

Sure, there can be war. But you'll lose. So I'm not sure why you'd want it.
  • If you want to fight the entire fleet shard alone, have fun spending crystals to do so. At least in my shard if someone keeps hitting people during their payout and knocking them lower we usually will try to prevent them from getting anywhere near top 10
  • epeeist
    98 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Agreed. Long ago in arena when I was in top 20 for a bit, I received threatening messages that if I didn't stop getting into top 20 I'd be ganged-up on. I'm not interested in cartels, it's not a guild, I'm in one of those already. I mean, it's been a long time since (regular) arena top 20, I'm usually top 50, but even if someone threatened me again I'm not going to cooperate. My principles are more important than crystals in a game.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Let there be war!

My fleet shard wont let me in. So they get a daily war from me.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • The gear I need is mk arakyd droid caller and mk arakyd droid caller salvage.
    Dv, Broad Alpha, spy, soldier, KRU, GMT, Bobba Fett, and Sith assassin they all need it.
    You can buy it in shipment for 280, 700 and 1400 crystals
    I join all the raids except pit challenge and I don't get any mk arakyd droid caller from it.
    I login every 6 hours to buy gear from shards and guild store and there are no mk arakyd droid caller or very scares like maybe ones a month or something
    I would really like to take all my pilots to gear 13 if it where possible.

#1. NEVER buy the Droid Caller "Shards" w/ Crystals.
    Buy the Full Crafted ones that are also 1400, its a better buy.
    Same price as 50 shards but you get the lesser parts included.

#2. Check your Stores every 6 hours. They show up in several locations.
    A. As noted they are in the guild store in stacks of 5 & 10 on random for 2 spots that refresh 4x a day.
    That's 8 chances a day for 0-60 total shards.
    B. Its not monthly, I see them every day or so.

#3. Stop gearing Assassin, she's mostly useless. Or at least prioritize her last.

#4. Pick 1-2 characters at a time & focus on their Callers as well as other slots till you complete G11.
    Then next 1-2, then next 1-2.

#5 Also as stated above by someone else, the PIT raid does drop Callers, sometimes fully crafted ones, but like any single piece, its rare when you want it & common when you don't :(

#6 I would look at Callers also from the Conquest store, they show up there up to 4x a day in stacks of 5.

#7 Finally they are in stacks of 3 in the Shard store, its not the best price, but, useful if the raid gives you a stack of 14 that you need to get to 20 for a "full 5" rounded #.

Sadly, your at the point where you have 8 characters all wanting them at the same time.
    Just focus on completing 1 DC at a time & make sure you have everything else that character needs.
    ALWAYS save enough G-Tokens to buy them when you see them so if DC is your problem the focus on only them.

DC is a problem from 8-10 range & again at 12.
    Those and Stun Cuffs are all I'm buying right now myself, because I need hundreds of both, so I feel your pain.

• My advice on the shard chat is just don't worry about it for now. I get top 20 in my fleet arena on my alt account frequently and never have an issue. Trust me, if you step on toes (or if someone hits you on your climb) then a quick message can usually resolve the issue. But there likely isn't a need if you aren't even having issues. Try and get 1st by having a good enough team 1st.

Usually the "hate messages" are nothing more than someone a bit angry because they got sniped. From my experience if you respond with some tact, most people will invite you in or at least agree to not hit you if you don't hit them. Most people that have issues with shard chats, have those issues because they don't play well with others.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Let there be war!

This. War. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing...which is what yiyr crystal stash will be if you make everyone in shards mad at you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*