Kit Reveal: Omega

Replies

• Ltswb1 wrote: »
    She hits like a wet noodle. It seems her “big damage” is totally reliant on having defense up and stealth and others using specials, so that she can assist. That’s a lot to hope for. Especially since Wrecker pretaunts and is susceptible to a stun.

So you wahled her to relic lvl or just running with a borrowed char in the marquee event?
  • Ltswb1
    483 posts Member
    edited July 15
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    She hits like a wet noodle. It seems her “big damage” is totally reliant on having defense up and stealth and others using specials, so that she can assist. That’s a lot to hope for. Especially since Wrecker pretaunts and is susceptible to a stun.

So you wahled her to relic lvl or just running with a borrowed char in the marquee event?

I watched several hours of testing with her at r7 and God mods. And she hit for less than 20k most of the time. Usually around 16k. Yes the bonus damage from defense up is nice, but that’s not always there and they all get that.
  • Makes me wonder if you’ll need a full team of BB for something
  • Makes me wonder if you’ll need a full team of BB for something

Heroes Redemption: Crosshair
  • Xcien
    1967 posts Member
    Makes me wonder if you’ll need a full team of BB for something

Heroes Redemption: Crosshair

They might do a Epic Confrontation for him.
    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback has been noted.
  • Ewok Scout called... It wants its bow back.
  • Roon
    29 posts Member
    Ahnald whaled hard on Omega today and tested her at relic 7 with r7 Bad Batch in arena and other game modes. Unless he's driving her wrong, (turn order or mods messed up), then she's not a positive addition to the squad. Her damage even after zeroing in snd training lessons hits like a wet noodle. I hope she's not WAI, cause she looks really weak. Please give us hope for her!
  • Roon
    29 posts Member
    Watched her tested at r7 with r7 Bad Batch and she looked underwhelming. I was ready to whale on her and BB. Please tell us something isn't right.
  • I'm convinced that her bow actually shoots wet noodles. I have some G12 characters who hit harder than her at R7. Her damage takes way to long to ramp up and by the time she starts doing anything, the battle is over. My R7 Tech is doing more damage than her and he has great utility as well. Her stats are good, but it doesn't translate to any damage.

2/10 - would not recommend.
  • Roon
    29 posts Member
    edited July 16
    I quickly brought her to five stars and have sunk heaps of Kyros on the other 4 BB toons. It seemed like she would really complement them, but doesn't.
  • I have her at R7 and she arguably makes the team worse than a whole host of other potential fifth characters. At the very least, she adds little and isn't worth taking up a fifth slot as you will just lose banners in GAC with her on the squad. If she is WAI, I would definitely pass.
  • She seems pretty lore accurate to me. 5th member of a squad that was working fine with 4, but now you have an extra member you need to worry about losing.
  • Eweff
    390 posts Member
    She seems pretty lore accurate to me. 5th member of a squad that was working fine with 4, but now you have an extra member you need to worry about losing.

That’s pretty good. CG is putting lore above balance this time.
  • Kyno
    31150 posts Moderator
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not to dismiss current claims, but every toon comes out at junk or OP, and then tends to fall in line somewhere as more players get to use them. Not sure what will happen here, but it is a common theme.
  • lucaefor
    49 posts Member
    edited July 16
    Sith Trooper's (aka Larry) basic ability "Sith Strike" has an underlying damage range of 12756 to 14089
    Whereas Omega's basic "Disarming Shot" has an underlying damage of 6751 to 7461

At Gear 13, Sith Trooper has a baseline of 4472 Physical Damage from gear
    Omega has a baseline of 3553 Physical Damage from gear

It's clear they didn't get the numbers right. She doesn't get any turn meter or cooldown reduction mechanisms like other attackers and at 150 base hero speed,with a 3 turn cooldown on Adaptive Learner, she's just too slow to get going.

Not to mention you miss out on the benefits you get from using someone else in the 5th slot, like Rex, Shaak Ti or Gideon.
  • Sebek
    2205 posts Member
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Sith Trooper's (aka Larry) basic ability "Sith Strike" has an underlying damage range of 12756 to 14089
    Whereas Omega's basic "Disarming Shot" has an underlying damage of 6751 to 7461

At Gear 13, Sith Trooper has a baseline of 4472 Physical Damage from gear
    Omega has a baseline of 3553 Physical Damage from gear

It's clear they didn't get the numbers right. She doesn't get any turn meter or cooldown reduction mechanisms like other attackers and at 150 base hero speed, she's just too slow to get going.

Not to mention you miss out on the benefits you get from using someone else in the 5th slot, like Rex, Shaak Ti or Gideon.

No Turn Meter mechanisms?! Her 2nd special grants 10% Turn Meter for BB allies, 30% if she had Critical Chance Up. Commander Ahsoka Tano at G13 has base Special Damage of 3080, which is less than Omega.
    Remember: reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. Buy gold. Bye!
  • lucaefor wrote: »
    It's clear they didn't get the numbers right. She doesn't get any turn meter or cooldown reduction mechanisms like other attackers and at 150 base hero speed,with a 3 turn cooldown on Adaptive Learner, she's just too slow to get going.

Tech hands out Translation, and both Omrga and several other BB characters generate TM.

It’s there, it’s just not at all passive.

But her damage does seem pretty bad. When I played the marquee it was hard to get 3 stacks of Target Practice before the rest of the Bad Batch ripped everything apart.

She reminds me of Young Han. Can stack stats to crazy levels, but it’s reliant on her taking turns which means it’s irrelevant in everything that isn’t a Raid. There it could be pretty useful.
  • Starslayer
    1280 posts Member
    Isn’t the fact that she gives pretaunt and mass stun t1 to wrecker good enough to make her a good fifth on the team ?
  • Anarchia12
    8 posts Member
    edited July 16
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Isn’t the fact that she gives pretaunt and mass stun t1 to wrecker good enough to make her a good fifth on the team ?

Adding that in doesn't allow the BB to beat any teams that they couldn't already with 4 (or adding in any number of characters as a 5th member). The squads that would be helpful against end up keeping wrecker in an extended stun and you can't get defense up to ramp up the additional damage needed. In some cases, you are actually better off having him not pretaunt so you can get the defense up out more quickly. The core problem with her is that she really doesn't change the squad dynamic at all. She was supposed to add damage to the team which may have allowed them to take out some additional squads. Because she is so lackluster on that front, the original 4 do a fine job on their own or you are better off adding more utility to the squad for the fifth member. As it stands, I'll probably just use the original 4 to underdog a squad in GAC. I had high hopes for the fifth member, but BB was already a great squad and it's clear that CG didn't want them to become any stronger by adding her in.

• Starslayer
    1280 posts Member
    Anarchia12 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Adding that in doesn't allow the BB to beat any teams that they couldn't already with 4 (or adding in any number of characters as a 5th member). The squads that would be helpful against end up keeping wrecker in an extended stun and you can't get defense up to ramp up the additional damage needed. In some cases, you are actually better off having him not pretaunt so you can get the defense up out more quickly. The core problem with her is that she really doesn't change the squad dynamic at all. She was supposed to add damage to the team which may have allowed them to take out some additional squads. Because she is so lackluster on that front, the original 4 do a fine job on their own or you are better off adding more utility to the squad for the fifth member. As it stands, I'll probably just use the original 4 to underdog a squad in GAC. I had high hopes for the fifth member, but BB was already a great squad and it's clear that CG didn't want them to become any stronger by adding her in.

What about Defense, does it change anything if you play against them ? Pretaunt is usually a pain.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

What about Defense, does it change anything if you play against them ? Pretaunt is usually a pain.

Maybe, but the AI is a bit wonky on defense. If they opened up with Echo's dispel and Tech's mass stun every time, I'm sure they would command a decent counter. As it stands, I'll probably keep them on offense for a high banner win against the squads they can counter. Of course, Omega won't likely be on the squad for that. :smile:

Nothing wrong with the squad, they are fun to play and I'm glad I have them - Omega just doesn't add anything and there really isn't any point to add her at the moment.
  • And as it stands, Wrecker taunts as soon as he’s damaged once or twice, or as soon as Hunter goes and stealths him.
  • I agree she’s junk. Placeholder
  • I still really want a light side crosshair, but I understand he won’t be coming until he is redeemed in the show, if he ever will be. If they put him in as an imp, I would still like it. I hope he comes with his squad, be it LS or DS.
  • I would love to have Crosshair in any iteration as well.

At this point, I’d take Howzer (newly introduced clone from BB episode 12) as the 5th over this tripe.
  • Xcien
    1967 posts Member
    I would love to have Crosshair in any iteration as well.

At this point, I’d take Howzer (newly introduced clone from BB episode 12) as the 5th over this tripe.

Some people just don’t like Omeega.
    Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback has been noted.
  • Granolo
    87 posts Member
    I don't get why they did her damage scaling so slowly. In most cases, slow scaling damage is AWFUL in this game, you don't get enough turns to scale it enough to make a difference, before you get wrecked. They should either make her damage ramp up much quicker, or make her base damage higher, because as of now, she doesn't seem to fulfill the role she was supposed to (high single fire dmg).
  • Korban
    86 posts Member
    Got Omega to G13 / R7

She sucks.

/thread
  • Ultra
    8286 posts Moderator
    I'm impressed with omega from what i've seen