10M GP reached!

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    :|

Am I the only one who are kinda like….repulsed by these kinda “yay me” (pg version) threads? Like cool achievement, but this is more “look how much money I’ve spent” than anything lol

Pretty sure he said “congrats to THE guys.” Not something you say about yourself. This is nothing like @SnakesOnAPlane used to do.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    exile038 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Am I the only one who are kinda like….repulsed by these kinda “yay me” (pg version) threads? Like cool achievement, but this is more “look how much money I’ve spent” than anything lol

And you can guarantee that one of these two posted? I'm assuming that you assumed ΔΝKO posted this since its highlighted but if you go to https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/ you'll see many players have highlighted names.

Who really cares if they put a lot of money into this game? I, for one, enjoy playing so I'm happy that others can sink those kinds of resources into it. literally doesn't negatively affect most people.

The highlighted name means they are swgoh.gg patreon supporters - nothing else.
    So it's fine if some people are negatively impacted? That's an interesting opinion.

First, I didn't say that I'm OK with people being negatively impacted. That was your phrasing/interpretation. Second, other than someones direct competition( aka arena shards) how does some people being whales and krakens negatively impact people who manage their resources well? If you say they have better gear/more crystals etc. Remember that your GP is based on what you upgrade. If you have a whole bunch of B grade teams and your opponent has just enough top teams to beat you, that's a delegation of resources issue not a "its unfair that I lost" moment.

People putting money into this game keeps it alive so yes I'm happy that other people can keep this game going when most can't contribute on the same level but still enjoy playing.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

And you can guarantee that one of these two posted? I'm assuming that you assumed ΔΝKO posted this since its highlighted but if you go to https://swgoh.gg/stats/players/ you'll see many players have highlighted names.

Who really cares if they put a lot of money into this game? I, for one, enjoy playing so I'm happy that others can sink those kinds of resources into it. literally doesn't negatively affect most people.

So it's fine if some people are negatively impacted? That's an interesting opinion.

First, I didn't say that I'm OK with people being negatively impacted. That was your phrasing/interpretation. Second, other than someones direct competition( aka arena shards) how does some people being whales and krakens negatively impact people who manage their resources well? If you say they have better gear/more crystals etc. Remember that your GP is based on what you upgrade. If you have a whole bunch of B grade teams and your opponent has just enough top teams to beat you, that's a delegation of resources issue not a "its unfair that I lost" moment.

People putting money into this game keeps it alive so yes I'm happy that other people can keep this game going when most can't contribute on the same level but still enjoy playing.

First, it was a question. Your previous comment ended with "literally doesn't negatively affect most people" which doesn't sound like disapproval. That's why I asked for clarification.
    Second, why does it matter if it only affects arena? New shards have whales with GLs/Legendaries within weeks (or even just days) usually resulting in new players not being able to reach nowhere near top spots. That's really messed up in my opinion.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I'm admittedly a little surprised at how MUCH some people spend on a mobile game, but then again, there are billionaires building private spaceships instead of doing more useful things with their money, so par for the course, I guess.

Can I tell you what to do with your money?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

First, it was a question. Your previous comment ended with "literally doesn't negatively affect most people" which doesn't sound like disapproval. That's why I asked for clarification.
    Second, why does it matter if it only affects arena? New shards have whales with GLs/Legendaries within weeks (or even just days) usually resulting in new players not being able to reach nowhere near top spots. That's really messed up in my opinion.

I understand your frustration, but I don’t believe that it is unfair. They pay for an advantage, and that’s what they get. As a F2P, I see others skyrocket in power because they paid, but I’m fine with that. I prefer working for it without paying so that it brings a greater sense of accomplishment. If you achieve that by paying, good for you.
    But this game is kept running by those who pay, so why complain? Would you rather have everyone playing have to pay money to play, or be able to choose whether you want to pay or not?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I'm admittedly a little surprised at how MUCH some people spend on a mobile game, but then again, there are billionaires building private spaceships instead of doing more useful things with their money, so par for the course, I guess.

Can I tell you what to do with your money?

You certainly can!

Whether or not I listen is a different story, which is more to the point.
  • I appreciate P2Pers, I just think it is lame when they are bad at the game. If you are going to $, you should put some effort in.
  • Congratulations.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    This is no different from anything. Do you whine when your neighbour has a better car, better house, better phone, better clothes, better TV, better gaming system, better food, better vacations……..because they have more money than you?
  • Those that rant about those paying to win are simply jealous. I suggest you quit gaming totally so you can spend your time earning more money.

I know of some rich people who go ftp as they choose to spend their money elsewhere in investment. They don't go salty putting down those paying players.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    This is no different from anything. Do you whine when your neighbour has a better car, better house, better phone, better clothes, better TV, better gaming system, better food, better vacations……..because they have more money than you?

My neighbors do, yes :sunglasses:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • To be fair, if my neighbors would start putting up posters in the neighborhood with bank statements showing their account balance I guess people would tell them to stop 😂
  • Crayons wrote: »

LOL, much of humanity does these things. Well over 50%. Sorry I can't quote you statistics.
  • To be fair, if my neighbors would start putting up posters in the neighborhood with bank statements showing their account balance I guess people would tell them to stop 😂
    Shadow1989 wrote: »
    Those that rant about those paying to win are simply jealous. I suggest you quit gaming totally so you can spend your time earning more money.

I know of some rich people who go ftp as they choose to spend their money elsewhere in investment. They don't go salty putting down those paying players.

I know of nothing I am missing out on in the game being F2P. I learned 5 years ago that the $30 to $60 I spent on the game was doing nothing significant. From my perspective, if you spend that on a phone-tapping game, it better do some amazing phone tapping things. When I face people with obviously 4 digit $ rosters and they lose to me in GAC, it just seems silly. Going F2P and buying 5 families in a 3rd world country a goat would've gone further.

I don't want to encourage or discourage P2P, but I would like to see the rewards for P2P to be sweeter. Right now they seem incredibly shallow returns for the dollar.
  • I would like to see the rewards for P2P to be sweeter. Right now they seem incredibly shallow returns for the dollar.

Prices were actually lowered in the recent past so they were even worse than they are right now.

I just wonder how many more power creeps and new toons its gonna take so that even a guild like MAW can ace LSTB. MAW1 is at 460M right now, however to get max stars in LSTB a guild needs 600M and that is only considering everyone gets max waves out of all CMs.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

What would be the incentive for people to spend money if it didn't give them any advantage or speed up the process?

F2p (and minnows - people that spend very little) can still compete as reach top spots - even in arena with whales.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Looking from perspective of a f2p myself, I don’t quite understand the frustration against p2p. They are who fund this great game. This is one of the rare online games while the entire contents are accessible by f2p. The game is also organized in a way that you are competing mostly against opponent of similar rosters (except both arenas), whether you built up your account F2p or p2p, which give f2p chance to compete. I do see the game become less friendly to new f2p recently as GLs made top of new arena full of whales. But I still see new f2p can climb to top of both arenas given time. Meta for fleet has been stale for nearly 3 years, anyone with Negotiator or Malevolence can climb to top. And right now, if a new f2p has just one GL SEE, he can also climb to top arena even whales have 5:)
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    To be fair, if my neighbors would start putting up posters in the neighborhood with bank statements showing their account balance I guess people would tell them to stop 😂

They already do. People put their bank balance up everywhere. In the things I said. The car, the clothes, the jewellery, and so on…

Perhaps not always, but in most cases a neighbour doing well for themselves will be obvious!
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    I guess you could say that with money you have access to better equipment/food/trainers etc. but those aren't really direct and instant results like they are in games so it's a bit of a strech.

You should check out Rocky IV.

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    😂😂
  • Just looked at that ankos account.

Why is everything relic 7?

Like what's the point in a relic 7 ugnaught your never going to use him.

I can understand spending to improve your roster but spending for the sake of spending just seems pointless.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Just looked at that ankos account.

I can understand spending to improve your roster but spending for the sake of spending just seems pointless.

They got a thread made about them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not everything made of wood needs to be mahogany, buy when you have the money, why not?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

Some people view the game from a collection standpoint rather than strategy.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Not everything made of wood needs to be mahogany, buy when you have the money, why not?

sziexeg93oz3.png

• Just looked at that ankos account.

Well, if they have the money and material, making it R7 helps raise GP and can help the guild to hit next LSTB star faster. And if he also has a goal to be the first one who hits 10m GP, that’s how he does it. So R7 ugnaught does have some usage:). It is no different from me raising ugnaught to G8 as f2p. I have no use of that, but it can bring my GP up a little since I can afford G8.
  • Lots of ad hominem attacks in here. Not sure why I am entering the fray.

I am bothered by top whales spending on SWGOH the obscene amounts of money they do. It does affect me because they are the ones driving the market. I would LOVE to spend money on this game. But whales are willing to accept a much lower ROI than I. They are willing to accept much lower standards from CG than I. But this is the most profitable route for CG, so I have no recourse.

And I have spent in the past when I thought CG did is a solid. When mods 2.0 came out (huge QOL stuff, iirc), I forked over some cash. When they let us set our arena payout time, I ponied up some dough.

I suppose I could be equally frustrated by the masses being unwilling to spend a modest amount to keep the game profitable, but I've never seen that experiment carried out.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I bet he still can’t beat secrets and shadows lol
  • th3evo wrote: »
    Paying to get a leg up is part of MMO! It always has been.

That doesn't make it good.
    And finally. Last of all, if you invest nothing in this game, do nothing to help it stay alive, why should you be at a level playing field as those who do?

How would you feel if your hard earned went in and someone who didn’t had the exact same stuff? What **** is this?

I didn't choose the monetization of this game. Like I said before I wouldn't mind supporting the game if the monetization was different. There is nothing I can buy in order to support the game that doesn't give me some sort of advantage.
    I don't feel pride and accomplishment by opening up my wallet.

You know you can support the game by purchasing crystals and never using them. I will only speak for myself but I view mobile games no different than movies, sporting events, concerts, going to a bar.

Specifically, I’m talking about some vague combination of enjoyment + time divided by cost. Obviously, I’m willing to spend more for a night out with friends at a bar, movie, sporting event etc. which obviously has been more limited for the last year and a half.

I probably spend an hour or more in game doing stuff a day. So 20 occasionally 40 bucks a month seem fair compensation to cg. Works out to less than a buck an hour. Now I’ve only achieved 6.8 million gp in five years (admittedly I was ftp for the first three years), but the amount of money I’ve personally spent is the cheapest form of entertainment I do. The fact that the money I spend helps me advance in the game actually has little to no impact on how much I spend in a month.

So choose to support the game or not, but don’t let the fact that you gain some advantage in game that really doesn’t impact others stop you. As has been pointed out one gl and some diplomacy is all that is needed to get first every day.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    I bet he still can’t beat secrets and shadows lol

Do we know one of them is not "the one"?