CAT, worth gear up without JMK?

Antario
996 posts Member
I'm going to unlock CAT after this Conquest. Got already 240 shards. Waiting for the rest from the red crater.

The problem is I'm light-years away from unlocking JMK (in fact I'm contemplating skipping him totally).

What other teams I could build with CAT? As a permanet 5th on a padme lineup?Or her in a Scroundel team?

Replies

• DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    GL Rey team, Padme team, CLS team, beskar mando team?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    DEATHER wrote: »

Yeah, these are obvious choices. But who would you take away from these teams? What makes CAT way better than the existing lineups?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Antario wrote: »

Yeah, these are obvious choices. But who would you take away from these teams? What makes CAT way better than the existing lineups?

Padme and scoundrel teams seem like the obvious choices here, as any other fifth for those teams is needed elsewhere in GAC.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

CAT with Rey will get you a 650k HP Rey. Good luck getting through that bonus protection from LB.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

CAT with Rey will get you a 650k HP Rey. Good luck getting through that bonus protection from LB.

How much HP is on your Rey lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I can get mine to 256k. And that's not even that impressive. With the bonuses from Rey and CAT my Rey would have 640k hp.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

I can get mine to 256k. And that's not even that impressive. With the bonuses from Rey and CAT my Rey would have 640k hp.

With r8 you could get 665.6k.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

With r8 you could get 665.6k.

The top player on .gg has her at 269k, and at r7 that would be 672k,
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I forgot about Rey's unique, nvm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Been trying to theorycraft a CAT team with Rey. I'm currently running Rey, GAS, JKL, JKR, Hoda. Which one would CAT replace? Would she make that team any better or would she just be used for stuff like GAC when you need to split teams up? I'm afraid to remove anyone because they all serve a purpose.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I think you will find room for her.

Unique: HER OWN PATH
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Ahsoka has +50% Offense and Critical Damage, and if another Light Side Unaligned Force User, Galactic Republic, or Scoundrel ally is present, she also has +50% Health and Defense and shares all of these bonuses with her Light Side allies.

\
    Post edited by LordDirt on
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • She may be great with other teams, but without JMK’s instant Cooldown reduction CAT won’t be able to instant pop off her annihilate
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Should be fun in four days.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    CAT is going to make Rey insane, definitely will be good there.

Likewise her putting 50% additional HP onto a Padme team will be beneficial - that's going to be a lot of extra prot up that can get turned into Courage. You can (likely) throw C3PO back to CLS safely.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    The teams I see her being good for (and why)

JMK - 90% chance this is just her optimal home. Small chance she performs better on a Rey team due to KAM existing though.

GL Rey: As stated by others, very obvious as to why. Rey getting an extra +50% health is nuts, but even more than that, there's also +50% offense (higher Ult and whirlwind aoe damage) AND +50% defense in there to make that health go even further - This will likely mostly break many counter team's ability to do enough damage to 1-shot Rey, as well as completely surpass SLKR, and potentially JML as well - SEE and JMK are more iffy.

Padme: Padme has always been missing a solid 5th, and that stat boost is huge for a more bulky-oriented team. GR tag helps a lot, as you don't lose any notable synergy.

CLS: So, this is for one (technically 2) specific reasons: Stat stacking, and 3PO utility.
    CAT has synergy with unaligned force users and scoundrels. CLS, Han and Chewie have those tags.
    CLS is a VERY highly offense-oriented team, and is one of few teams that has characters running true 100% crit rate.
    +50% offense and +50% crit damage is a HUGE damage boost, and replacing 3PO with CAT allows you to use 3PO on other teams, such as JTR, who actually gains a ton from 3PO - Odds are, this is where any lower roster variety players would put CAT, as she'd probably make a bigger difference on Padme, but it's a very interesting option, especially considering the amount of stat buffs this team can get from this.

Beskar Mando/Qi'Ra lead teams - Ok, this one's really sub-optimal, as I really doubt the stat boost is going to miraculously make this team significantly better, but... it IS an option. Considering these teams practically exist as "better Nest strats", or down there in the C - B tier team section, I... really don't think CAT will make a notable difference at all.
    But if you have like a ridiculously dark side oriented roster where CLS and JKR are the only good light side teams you have, (so no competition for 3PO) I mean, might as well use her for something at least.
    If Uniques didn't de-activate after the unit dies, I'd rate this much higher just for the stat boost on Nest, but that would require CAT to somehow survive alongside Nest the entire battle.
  • She may be great with other teams, but without JMK’s instant Cooldown reduction CAT won’t be able to instant pop off her annihilate

it's only an annihilate the first time she uses it
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    To add to Artumas’ post, the high damage from Han and chewie on a cls team is only with a +15% offense from leadership. Change that to +65% and lay the smackdown with your opening salvo.

Edit: my mistake, the +% from special takes place after the +% from Leadership, as Ultra explained it in a previous post.

So, as the only +% offense bonus from special skills, it will be a whopping +50% offense to the total amount of offense, after mods and leadership. Yes, that is scary.
    How will it interact with the bonus from Chewpio, as the furry droid gives a flat bonus based on a % of the leader's score ? No idea.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    To add to Artumas’ post, the high damage from Han and chewie on a cls team is only with a +15% offense from leadership. Change that to +65% and lay the smackdown with your opening salvo.

Barriss ain’t saving the Sith Empire from THAT.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    does cat share the bonus itself or only the bonus she gets ? people seem confident she shares the bonus itself, but it doesn't sound clear to me.
    is there any confirmation about it ?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    mikk207 wrote: »
    does cat share the bonus itself or only the bonus she gets ? people seem confident she shares the bonus itself, but it doesn't sound clear to me.

Confirmed by a moderator on kit reveal cat thread. Not an ‘official’ answer, but still ;)
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    mikk207 wrote: »

Confirmed by a moderator on kit reveal cat thread. Not an ‘official’ answer, but still ;)

thx for clarification
  • epeeist
    98 posts Member
    willennium wrote: »
    Been trying to theorycraft a CAT team with Rey. I'm currently running Rey, GAS, JKL, JKR, Hoda. Which one would CAT replace? Would she make that team any better or would she just be used for stuff like GAC when you need to split teams up? I'm afraid to remove anyone because they all serve a purpose.

I'm running exact same team, and since it seems to me CAT a viable replacement (i.e. looks like will improve team) for any of them (except Rey of course!) I'll probably try all the different substitutions to see what seems to work best. Plus check what others running!
  • epeeist wrote: »
    Been trying to theorycraft a CAT team with Rey. I'm currently running Rey, GAS, JKL, JKR, Hoda. Which one would CAT replace? Would she make that team any better or would she just be used for stuff like GAC when you need to split teams up? I'm afraid to remove anyone because they all serve a purpose.

I'm running exact same team, and since it seems to me CAT a viable replacement (i.e. looks like will improve team) for any of them (except Rey of course!) I'll probably try all the different substitutions to see what seems to work best. Plus check what others running!

Yeah, I guess we'll all see in a couple days what sticks.

I don't wanna remove JKR cause savior and marked. JKL dispels on basic, has AoE stun, blinds. Hoda heals, dispels, and gives master's training and foresight. GAS does monster damage, increases CDs, and reduces max health.

Those shared buffs CAT adds are crazy, but something's gotta give. On paper, it seems like she might be best as a 5th when you want to place Rey on defense with Resistance or something(along with resistance bros and Holdo... But then you'd want a GR toon so she can apply Shien on them so they can help reduce CD on Force Leap... It's obvious she's meant to go with JMK, but he's a long way off for me.
  • BAM- Kuill goes first at 300+ speed, gives TM to rest of your team. BAM goes and sets up birds. IG11 goes and damages 5 enemies. Nest/vet han go next and damage 5 enemies. CAT goes and TM swaps to BAM who attacks twice. BAM gets a turn and fires off 17 birds with 50% bonus offense. Probably not good enough, but very powerful.

Padme you can do a turn order with CAT going first with TM swap and Shian to regular snips, and she assists a bunch and CAT can force leap on her swapped turn. Or just make slow padme a Darth Revan counter since you can force leap malak.

Rey been covered, CAT (on paper) looks great in many lineups without needing kenobi.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Yes she is. I use in Rey team 😀👍
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I tested CAT on my R7 CLS team and you can get to insta-nuke in about 30 seconds. This in the mirror-damage Galactic Challenge, too.

Just throw Shien form on Chewie and he's assisting Han and CLS the entire time.
  • I tested a couple of battles with CAT under Rey, I will do more when it's closer to my payout. So far, she's made my wins a little easier due to the her bonuses and the enemy AI targeting priority rather than her attacking abilities.

I ran Rey(L), JKR, GAS(to apply Shien to), JKL(apply Jedi's will to GAS for counter attack potential), CAT.

Against JML, it seems JKR is programmed to mark her first, so it takes a little RNG out of it. Her bonuses, plus Rey's LB lets her survive pretty comfortably. She gets marked and CD's get reduced by JML and GAS, so I don't get to use her abilities really. But while they're attacking her, my team (aside from CAT) is just having their way with the enemy.

Against SLKR, it goes about the same as it does without CAT, except her passive bonuses with her zeta allows you to survive better, combined with Rey's LB as well as making your attacks stronger. Like JML, you won't really get to see her Force Leap since GAS is the only one that she can apply Shien to and SLKR stun locks him most of the battle.

So far from my testing, nothing groundbreaking as these teams were beatable before, but it is notable that she helps make those wins a little more decisive. From what I've seen, aside from JMK, Padme team seems to be the best home for CAT. Padme(L), CAT, Ahsoka, GK, JKA. Putting Shien on Ahsoka since she attacks out of turn every time someone uses a special when under GR lead.

I'll test more later on and update if I find anything of note.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I tested a couple of battles with CAT under Rey, I will do more when it's closer to my payout. So far, she's made my wins a little easier due to the her bonuses and the enemy AI targeting priority rather than her attacking abilities.

I ran Rey(L), JKR, GAS(to apply Shien to), JKL(apply Jedi's will to GAS for counter attack potential), CAT.

I used my CAT in the same Rey line up yesterday and went against a JMK+CAT(R8). First try my GAS got one-shot by opponent CAT. Second try, I marked CAT instead of Gas and got her out with whirlwind and gas special. Then it's basically easy sailing. Conclusion: Having your JKR faster than opponent CAT is decisive when got with Rey against JMK. My CAT did almost nothing the entire battle. But I guess having 50% Health and defense on everyone is still nice given you let go Hermit. I won with still over 1:30 minute on the clock.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    I tested a couple of battles with CAT under Rey, I will do more when it's closer to my payout. So far, she's made my wins a little easier due to the her bonuses and the enemy AI targeting priority rather than her attacking abilities.

I used my CAT in the same Rey line up yesterday and went against a JMK+CAT(R8). First try my GAS got one-shot by opponent CAT. Second try, I marked CAT instead of Gas and got her out with whirlwind and gas special. Then it's basically easy sailing. Conclusion: Having your JKR faster than opponent CAT is decisive when got with Rey against JMK. My CAT did almost nothing the entire battle. But I guess having 50% Health and defense on everyone is still nice given you let go Hermit. I won with still over 1:30 minute on the clock.

Cat base speed is 22 pts higher than jkr speed (Rey and jmk both give 30 speed), so you need far better mods than your opponent to prevent one-shot goodness with this solution. Good for you though ^^