Malak Requirements?

So the minimum power is 17500 per character to take into the event. Does that mean I’ll need 10 total characters to start the event (5 for each).

Or if I just get 5 up to that level on either dark or light is that enough?

Replies

• You need 10. JKR, DR, and 4 of the characters required to unlock each.
  • So I can’t attempt the light side without having all dark side characters at that level?
  • So I can’t attempt the light side without having all dark side characters at that level?

Correct. I had LS ready the first run, but couldn't do the LS battle
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    So I can’t attempt the light side without having all dark side characters at that level?

This is wrong. You only need the characters of one side at 17,500 to do that side. You do need both Revans unlocked, so if you didn't have Darth Revan unlocked, that's why you couldn't do it. But as long as you have Both Revans, you only need the characters of each side ready to perform that side.

However, only doing one side will not give you enough shards to unlock Malak, and he dosen't appear in the store until he's unlocked.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    So I can’t attempt the light side without having all dark side characters at that level?

This is wrong. You only need the characters of one side at 17,500 to do that side. You do need both Revans unlocked, so if you didn't have Darth Revan unlocked, that's why you couldn't do it. But as long as you have Both Revans, you only need the characters of each side ready to perform that side.

However, only doing one side will not give you enough shards to unlock Malak, and he dosen't appear in the store until he's unlocked.

I stand corrected. Yeah, I didn't have DR the first time. Couldn't even enter the event screen.
  • To actually manage the unlock you will need the characters at G12 (G13 is excessive, but makes it very easy). Many say that is not the case and point to doing it with a couple of them at G10. What I can say is that for the non-core toons such as BigZ I only managed to get them above 17,500 by actually getting them to G12 and was ecen afraid I might have to zeta them just to manage it. Of course, the core ones you likely have already quite high (to unlock Revan and Darth Revan).
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    One of our guild members unlocked LS part with all characters at G10, so you by all means don't NEED G12. But of course it requires zeta on them to pass 17500 GP.
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    To actually manage the unlock you will need the characters at G12 (G13 is excessive, but makes it very easy). Many say that is not the case and point to doing it with a couple of them at G10. What I can say is that for the non-core toons such as BigZ I only managed to get them above 17,500 by actually getting them to G12 and was ecen afraid I might have to zeta them just to manage it. Of course, the core ones you likely have already quite high (to unlock Revan and Darth Revan).

Zaalbar is not core. I beat it without him, and with a gear 11 t3 and 10 misson
  • Not sure where I found this, but should help if anyone else is trying to get by with minimal requirements.
    3pqa3b7gn348.png
  • Not sure where I found this, but should help if anyone else is trying to get by with minimal requirements.
    3pqa3b7gn348.png

What's the website?
  • Baibars
    58 posts Member
    Not sure where I found this, but should help if anyone else is trying to get by with minimal requirements.
    3pqa3b7gn348.png

What's the website?

It is Reddit.

I need to gear up Carth, Canderous, Big Z and Mission for the event. Can someone who uses them tell me which omegas or zetas are the most useful?
  • Baibars wrote: »
    Not sure where I found this, but should help if anyone else is trying to get by with minimal requirements.
    3pqa3b7gn348.png

What's the website?

It is Reddit.

I need to gear up Carth, Canderous, Big Z and Mission for the event. Can someone who uses them tell me which omegas or zetas are the most useful?

Mission zeta is good for the event, but not required. I have a guildmate who did the LS with all JKR zetas and nothing else.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I seem to remember that one of Zaalbar's omegas actually made it harder. Can't recall why.
  • I seem to remember that one of Zaalbar's omegas actually made it harder. Can't recall why.
    Omega on Zaalbar’s basic applies a DOT. Putting a DOT on Malak fears you.