Razor Crest shards from now on

Prev1
Hi

Will be Razor Crest shards in the end of event box of next Conquest?

Thanks

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021#latest

If a new character is released into the rotation we will be in step 2 for the next Conquest
    z1qju4reenjm.jpg
  • I notice it says several months, not 3. Does this mean that the next conquest could still have the same rewards?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    This is true. The only mention of 3 times was in the ability to unlock CAT with max rewards . (red box hard mode)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...

I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:

So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I notice it says several months, not 3. Does this mean that the next conquest could still have the same rewards?

They left it open, which basically means when the next toon is added that will cause the shift. But also several is because this step is counting RC as the starting point, which would be more than 3 Conquest.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.

No that's not correct.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

No that's not correct.

Why not? You need 50 shards, 5 shards cost 330 tokens, so with your stockpile alone you are 100 tokens short.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    I thought they were 400?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m really hoping that the next cycle of conquest would have a new character or ship, as I’m only 30 away from unlocking CAT, and I pretty much doesn’t care much for the Razor Crest just yet (as BAM isn’t on my priority list at the moment.)

Also I’m up hoping for a refresh of bosses etc. Also some new feats would be nice.

The conquest is getting a bit stale, really.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    It all depends on the data disks used, I believe conquest is fresh and uses more strategies the higher you climb. Albeit, easier if your roster is closer to full development. I don’t think it’s stale. It could also change to keep us on our toes.
  • Can someone clarify how we will get RC/CAT shards after they’re gone from Conquest rewards? Is it only from the conquest shipments? I thought I read someone say hard node?
    Thanks
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

No that's not correct.

Why not? You need 50 shards, 5 shards cost 330 tokens, so with your stockpile alone you are 100 tokens short.

You are incorrectly assuming that currency is the only way to get more shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can someone clarify how we will get RC/CAT shards after they’re gone from Conquest rewards? Is it only from the conquest shipments? I thought I read someone say hard node?
    Thanks

Next will be Conquest rewards, then after they have been out for a year, they will possibly moved to an event or something, but no not a hard node.
  • I'm actually hoping they wait a couple of conquests before introducing a new character. I'd like to be able to work on some gear with the conquest currency after focusing solely on a character with all the currency.

As far as razorcrest goes, I don't think it's meta shifting enough to worry about. I'm at 50 out of 100 or so. A couple more conquests and it'll be done without any active farming.
  • Gascharack
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2021

What if they move the RC now to the Conquest Store where 5 shards costs 160 (or 80 Token)? Oh wait, they said they will do it? And they can also set a new "price" for the RC in the store. So no problem at all. All you had to do was put a few tokens aside. We are not missing that much shards now
  • Nauros wrote: »

Hard choices are fun.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I need 25 RC and 40 CAT so I'm fine if they keep the rewards the same one more conquest. That way I can buy relic materials this time around.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gascharack wrote: »

What if they move the RC now to the Conquest Store where 5 shards costs 160 (or 80 Token)? Oh wait, they said they will do it? And they can also set a new "price" for the RC in the store. So no problem at all. All you had to do was put a few tokens aside. We are not missing that much shards now

Sure, it will cost 1/4 of what it costs now. Keep dreaming. And unless the cost is, like, 10 tokens, it's mostly pointless anyway. The tiny bit we get to keep after the new character won't be enough for any substantial amount.
    On one hand, keeping the rewards same for one more run would resolve it neatly, but it would make CAT a bit too easily accessible.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

No, this is incorrect. The "spend everything to 7* CAT" mindset is based on the flawed assumption that you're only going to get her in these 3 Conquests. She's going to be in boxes for a long while. You won't have to buy her stuff and can instead spend on Razor Crest or horde or use it for gear. You'll have plenty of shards for free.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

No, this is incorrect. The "spend everything to 7* CAT" mindset is based on the flawed assumption that you're only going to get her in these 3 Conquests. She's going to be in boxes for a long while. You won't have to buy her stuff and can instead spend on Razor Crest or horde or use it for gear. You'll have plenty of shards for free.

I would like to see some source for that.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Once the new Conquest character is released it will replace CAT, RC will move out of box rewards and CAT will replace RC.
    50e0t15yhn75.png
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

Once the new Conquest character is released it will replace CAT, RC will move out of box rewards and CAT will replace RC.
    50e0t15yhn75.png

That's nice, but NicWester seems to also know when it will happen, which is something we haven't been told afaik.
  • Nauros wrote: »

50e0t15yhn75.png

That's nice, but NicWester seems to also know when it will happen, which is something we haven't been told afaik.
    And how many shards we’ll get when it happens, which we also have not been told.

A few in my guild are sitting on ~280 CAT shards and saying they’ll unlock her next Conquest. Maybe they will - but there’s nothing stopping the devs dropping her to 25 shards for red crate
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited July 2021

50e0t15yhn75.png

Where is NicWester claiming that? I don't see any claims that aren't included in the dev post.
  • They could be I doubt CG would do that. It seems they kinda have a mindset of what they want. RC shards didn't drop too much so maybe CAT wouldn't either but CG can do what ever they want

I'm sitting at 230/330, not even next conquest for me. I'll get it in 2 conquests if they do It like RC maybe more if it's done differently, depending on what they do to the shards. I do see them doing it like they did with RC though.

That would be absolutely disappointing if they did drop it to 25 shards for the red box XD
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    KueChael wrote: »
    It all depends on the data disks used, I believe conquest is fresh and uses more strategies the higher you climb. Albeit, easier if your roster is closer to full development. I don’t think it’s stale. It could also change to keep us on our toes.

Well I use pretty much the same strategy since I messed up the first conquest when CAT was included for the first time. At the end of the last conquest I just wish for some fresh feats and a change of bosses to keep it a lot fresher.

Especially if players who have max out both CAT and RC shards will only have the R8 materials to look forward.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

But no source necessary for your claims.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

But no source necessary for your claims.

You are right, it's all well known information.