TVF wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    When I see deals like that core gear bundle for $5 or $10 that gives the 50 kyro’s, guns, cuffs, etc I feel that’s a good deal. It’s a fair amount of gear for the price point.

When they offer the 50% extra crystals for the packs I’ll go after those. So when they used to offer 50% extra on the vaults, I scooped it up because why not?

If they ran some deals on the shards for new characters, something say like decreased crystal costs for the shard packs on bad batch characters after they become F2P (750 crystals instead of 1299) id buy some crystals for that.

What my biggest issue is the lack of monthly crystal subscription. The $9.99 for the 2800 crystals. They ripped it away for no reason and promised to replace it with something similar…

Did they?

Yes they did.

If you could please link to it I'd appreciate it, friend.

Just search for Daily Crystal Booster if you want to find out more but I did some digging for you.
    Introduction: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7259/daily-crystal-booster-packs-returning
    Removal: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129162/version-update-9-8-28-2017
    DAILY CRYSTAL BOOSTER SIGNS OFF

We are removing the Daily Crystal Booster from the Store effective 8/29/2017 for Android and iPhone users. Any Daily Crystal Boosters purchased before 8/29 will yield their full 21 days of crystals. We are reviewing alternative formulations of the booster pack and hope to bring it back in the future.

So they promised nothing. Thank you.
    I don't think they ever promise anything. They are usually very careful about the words they use.
    After some more digging I found (probably) the latest response about the topic.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163161/swgoh-q-amp-a-w-producers-3-17-18
    [QUESTION: DarthJJ] Is the daily crystal booster ever going to be brought back or replaced? If so, when? And if it will be replaced, what will replace it?

[CVG] As we had said at the time the 21 day crystal offer needed to be suspended, we had hoped to be able to keep it in the game but were not able to due to factors beyond our control. Those factors remain beyond our control. I know it's frustrating when we can't provide more details, but we do not ever want to point the finger at a party or parties other than ourselves. That said, we are working on options which might bring back something similar. No guarantee that we will be able to do so at this time.

My point exactly. Thank you.

Yet they did take away one of the best value purchases in game and never replaced it. So my overall point still stands. Thank you, friendo
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    When I see deals like that core gear bundle for $5 or $10 that gives the 50 kyro’s, guns, cuffs, etc I feel that’s a good deal. It’s a fair amount of gear for the price point.

When they offer the 50% extra crystals for the packs I’ll go after those. So when they used to offer 50% extra on the vaults, I scooped it up because why not?

If they ran some deals on the shards for new characters, something say like decreased crystal costs for the shard packs on bad batch characters after they become F2P (750 crystals instead of 1299) id buy some crystals for that.

What my biggest issue is the lack of monthly crystal subscription. The $9.99 for the 2800 crystals. They ripped it away for no reason and promised to replace it with something similar…

Did they?

Yes they did.

Just search for Daily Crystal Booster if you want to find out more but I did some digging for you.
    Introduction: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7259/daily-crystal-booster-packs-returning
    Removal: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129162/version-update-9-8-28-2017

We are removing the Daily Crystal Booster from the Store effective 8/29/2017 for Android and iPhone users. Any Daily Crystal Boosters purchased before 8/29 will yield their full 21 days of crystals. We are reviewing alternative formulations of the booster pack and hope to bring it back in the future.

I don't think they ever promise anything. They are usually very careful about the words they use.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/163161/swgoh-q-amp-a-w-producers-3-17-18
    [QUESTION: DarthJJ] Is the daily crystal booster ever going to be brought back or replaced? If so, when? And if it will be replaced, what will replace it?

[CVG] As we had said at the time the 21 day crystal offer needed to be suspended, we had hoped to be able to keep it in the game but were not able to due to factors beyond our control. Those factors remain beyond our control. I know it's frustrating when we can't provide more details, but we do not ever want to point the finger at a party or parties other than ourselves. That said, we are working on options which might bring back something similar. No guarantee that we will be able to do so at this time.

Yet they did take away one of the best value purchases in game and never replaced it. So my overall point still stands. Thank you, friendo

You are most welcome.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • One of the things they would need to solve would be the currency conversion. I know that’s not down to cg, but it very much puts me off.

But someone said earlier premium content would be an enticement. Something like a nightmare conquest mode, where a toon can only be used once a sector, but provides an exclusive toon after x amount of currency. Or something better thought out.

In terms of the way it is now, I’m quite comfortable just spending time.

797-722-718
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Did they?

Yes they did.

The patented Ravens switcheroo-backpedal! Always a pleasure to see it in action!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    “Mostly” ftp?

Am I mostly a vegetarian if I only occasionally eat a medium-rare ribeye?

Lol, but please don't turn this into an argument over the semantics of f2p forever, f2p recently, f2p most of the time, minnow, dolphin, etc.
    I won’t.

I like the gear packs, as someone else mentioned. The ones with 3 x 32% chance of hitting decent rewards and 4% chance of hitting all the rewards are probably the one I’m tempted by most.

I do too but the ones the cost crystals.

I mean in that signal one that's about to finish I netted 30/50/75 of the rare signal data. 75 of that blue signal data alone was worth 1900 crystals

Yes - that one is an auto-buy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Did they?

Yes they did.

The patented Ravens switcheroo-backpedal! Always a pleasure to see it in action!

Ah the patented Darjelo thread derailment! Always a pleasure to see it in action. But I’ll stop it right here since I didn’t backpedal or dispute “promise vs hope”. My main point is they never brought it back, so sorry to disappoint you Darjelo. As OP said, please don’t try to derail this thread as you’ve done countless others. Ta!

Did they?

Yes they did.

Ah the patented Darjelo thread derailment! Always a pleasure to see it in action. But I’ll stop it right here since I didn’t backpedal or dispute “promise vs hope”. My main point is they never brought it back, so sorry to disappoint you Darjelo. As OP said, please don’t try to derail this thread as you’ve done countless others. Ta!
    How is it derailment?

This is a thread about what people would buy if it were available.

You said you liked the daily crystal deal which they promised to replace, but they didn’t promise to do that.

A thread should be an exchange of facts or opinions - your statement about this “promise” was neither of those things. Now you’re saying it doesn’t matter that you’ve accused them of something they didn’t do?

It’s totally fine to say you liked that pack, you used to buy it and that if it or something similar were available you’d buy it again. But tagging on this mythical broken promise isn’t necessary and it is in no way a derailment to point out that you were wrong about that.

Thankfully though, you’ve stated that you’ll stop it right here. Unless you backpedal on that statement too?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Did they?

Yes they did.

How is it derailment?

You said you liked the daily crystal deal which they promised to replace, but they didn’t promise to do that.

A thread should be an exchange of facts or opinions - your statement about this “promise” was neither of those things. Now you’re saying it doesn’t matter that you’ve accused them of something they didn’t do?

It’s totally fine to say you liked that pack, you used to buy it and that if it or something similar were available you’d buy it again. But tagging on this mythical broken promise isn’t necessary and it is in no way a derailment to point out that you were wrong about that.

Thankfully though, you’ve stated that you’ll stop it right here. Unless you backpedal on that statement too?

You’re right I did like that pack. If they brought that back I’d for sure buy it again as I bought it every month it was available. A shame they didn’t replace it after saying they would try to and have since forgotten about it completely. Oh well, guess I’ll just stick to the discounted crystal packs until then

Did they?

Yes they did.

How is it derailment?

You’re right I did like that pack. If they brought that back I’d for sure buy it again as I bought it every month it was available. A shame they didn’t replace it after saying they would try to and have since forgotten about it completely. Oh well, guess I’ll just stick to the discounted crystal packs until then
    I found this thread, where Kyno gave a shred of detail as to why they can’t / won’t come back.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1943008#Comment_1943008

Please don’t take me linking this as any sort of indication that I understand what he means, or as any form of approval for the 21 day pack no longer existing.
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    The 10M GP thread got me thinking, what content, perks, etc would get the f2p ranks (myself included) to open their wallets and support the game financially?

[...]

And if the answer is $0 no matter what, you had best not be complaining about whales :P

I think small amounts for much-needed gear is what does and will continue to tempt me. I've become better about resource management, but many mistakes in my first two years have created a large mountain to push a gear-hoarding boulder up. Crystals overall give me and players myriad choices, so I do look at them too as potential microtransaction purchases, but I don't trust my own value judgment even with thoughtful gear guides.

Personally, it's just a slippery slope for my own nature about just spending a little and then watching it become much more than my family would consider reasonable. But $5 - $10 a month fits in my ideal scenario for purchases I consider appropriate for my income bracket and the enjoyment of a mobile game based on Star Wars.

I have nothing but respect for any player who has paid and allowed me to play. I've seen the threads arguing about how much is too much, but it all revolves around fiscal responsibility in my opinion, and that is a deeply personal topic for a game in which I know only three players in real life.

The question for me is what do I financially owe the developers of this game? Nothing? Something? I'm not sure. But thanks for raising the F2P --> P2P question.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Did they?

Yes they did.

How is it derailment?

I found this thread, where Kyno gave a shred of detail as to why they can’t / won’t come back.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1943008#Comment_1943008

Please don’t take me linking this as any sort of indication that I understand what he means, or as any form of approval for the 21 day pack no longer existing.

Hey that’s my thread!!!! Woooo lol

There was an idea someone tossed in there for a once a month pack of 2200 crystals for $9.99. It would get around the rules or partnership nonsense they claimed was it’s downfall. Personally I think they didn’t like it being such good value but that’s tinfoil hat talking. If it truly was an issue of subscriptions with entities/countries then I don’t see how other games like MSF can still do it.
  • I would spend $5 USD for a complete stun gun. But what they offer in the packs is just dumb. 15 salvage here or there with a whole bunch of other stuff I am not concerned with for $10? No.

I do wish that instead of character GP or roster GP, next to your name it showed how many $ you spend. Mine would be $60 I think.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    They used to offer a cheap pack that gave you daily crystals on login. Probably the best value thing they've ever offered, except the hyperdrive pack. I don't remember why they axed it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    They used to offer a cheap pack that gave you daily crystals on login. Probably the best value thing they've ever offered, except the hyperdrive pack. I don't remember why they axed it.

That’s what we’ve been talking about. They said it was “issues with partners” so they had to axe it. I’m of the opinion that they didn’t like losing so much potential money since they didn’t make any attempt at even a once a month pack worth the same
  • Jarvind wrote: »

They axed it because of
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Probably the best value thing they've ever offered, except the hyperdrive pack.
  • I typically spend <$100 a year usually on crystal chests but I would pay $10-$20 a month if it would make 2 day events on all assault battle and had 2 conquests run back to back each month so I had more content to play and the rewards that come with it.
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    I initially played for a few months, and thought it was a really impressive game for ftp, so I bought a pack to give the devs some payment for the game. As above, I like the concept of buying a game and owning it. Expansions then pay for more content.
    But being in Aus, the prices of packs in the shop are massive!! Up to $160 for some!!?? If I bought what's in there now (just the $ ones, not all the crystal ones) I'd be up for almost $485. That's pretty insane. I could buy a whole new game console for that money. And that's just today's options, none with 'click for pricing' which are likely to impose an even bigger local tax.
    So many other mobile games have $1 boosters, or small amounts that are far easier to justify.
    Just seems they're asking huge money for any IAP, which removes many opportunity purchases.

• I do wish that instead of character GP or roster GP, next to your name it showed how many $ you spend. Mine would be $60 I think.

Ha, I'd love that! Don't think such a thing would ever get implemented, but it would certainly be an interesting experience.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Now that Apple cuts their fee in half for subscriptions, CG should take another look at this.

The more dollars coming from subs the more they keep in their pocket.
  • Every time I've ever considered spending one of two things stop me.

1. Sticker shock. I'm probably not going to randomly spend $100 or more on a temporary advantage.

2. The packs that don't give sticker shock, usually offer a small enough advantage that it really isn't worth it. Yeah the cheap gear packs may get me to the next gear level sooner but usually only by a couple of days. A couple of days progress isn't worth spending for in my opinion.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    Every time I've ever considered spending one of two things stop me.

1. Sticker shock. I'm probably not going to randomly spend $100 or more on a temporary advantage.

2. The packs that don't give sticker shock, usually offer a small enough advantage that it really isn't worth it. Yeah the cheap gear packs may get me to the next gear level sooner but usually only by a couple of days. A couple of days progress isn't worth spending for in my opinion.

This.

I'm not a spender, but if they want me to drop $100 I expect a full character at R8 for that amount of cash (minimum). But I guess I'm just really old school when it comes to buying things that are wants/conveniances. But they still make plenty of money without targeting my personality/spending type - probably more than if they did target players like me,
  • How about a "battle pass" system, something similar to fortnite, call of duty, ect? You complete challenge and it gets you gear, mods, character shards ect????
  • I'd buy an identical Hyperdrive bundle again, in a heartbeat! Most bang for your buck ever, even for an end game player.
  • How about a "battle pass" system, something similar to fortnite, call of duty, ect? You complete challenge and it gets you gear, mods, character shards ect????

I hope that never happens.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I would be f2p forever, not because I don’t want to support the game financially, but because I already enjoy the challenge of keeping up without spending a cent, and I don’t know want to lose the 100% f2p status. If CG has some other way for me to support the game, I would like to know how. It is a great game worth supporting.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hyperdrive Bundle

it was such a steal, that it converted me into becoming a P2P

A $100 bundle of virtual items in a video game is never "a steal".

You are right

Good thing nobody pays fifteen bucks for a movie ticket per individual for a virtual slideshow
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Hyperdrive Bundle

it was such a steal, that it converted me into becoming a P2P

A $100 bundle of virtual items in a video game is never "a steal".

You are right

Good thing nobody pays fifteen bucks for a movie ticket per individual for a virtual slideshow

Can you not let him state his opinion without responding and derailing this into more pointless analogies?