Cantina drops wrong?

Prev1
When i try to do the cantina node for incomplete signal data it is only rewarding me with two data shards.
But it says Bonus 4 is this a bug?

Replies

• mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    When i try to do the cantina node for incomplete signal data it is only rewarding me with two data shards.
    But it says Bonus 4 is this a bug?

Nope

It shows possible rewards, not guaranteed

You can get up to 4 per node simmed
    Doesn't mean you'll get them
  • Well thats false advertising!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well thats false advertising!

No it's not.
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 0-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops. Edit...i gave them too much credit and wrote 1-4 not 0-4
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Reolwen wrote: »

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 1-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops.

Are you new to the game?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

No it's not.

Sure it is. The way it has it listed is 4. Meaning you will get 4, not 1-4 which means you have a chance up to 4. Kuiil is shown as 2. Meaning you will get 2. Not a chance at 2. Just these guys being money grubbing and stealing your money by falsely advertising drops.

"Potential rewards"
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Sorry but if it says you can potentially get 4 shards, then its understood you can get none or 4. I agree that its misleading.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    Had they put in the range of potential 0-4 , then it would be clear. But stating the potential drop is only 4, then one would logically assume it's either 4 or 0. Then again, logic is more of a star trek thing.
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Yeah im new so i expect the drops to be what they say they are before i spend my gems. Why cant they do 0-4 like they do for other rewards that vary?
  • Its like that for every single node in the game.

On normal (non-double drop days), do you expect to get 2 signal date every single time you battle? It shows a range, if you successfully get the item.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    Its like that for every single node in the game.

On normal (non-double drop days), do you expect to get 2 signal date every single time you battle? It shows a range, if you successfully get the item.

Why yes, yes i do. Never get it but each day i start out with "this is going to be my lucky day".
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Had they put in the range of potential 0-4 , then it would be clear. But stating the potential drop is only 4, then one would logically assume it's either 4 or 0. Then again, logic is more of a star trek thing.

By your logic, it’s not possible to get zero either
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited May 2021

Disagree. By stating potential drop , I indicated you could get 4, or not. Quite like the current in-game display
    Edit: if you are referring to the potential 0-4 quote, fair enough. I questioned myself after I posted that if anyone would call me on it that it should be 1-4 potential drops. If that's the case, yes. You're right. Gosh darn my haste.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member

Disagree. By stating potential drop , I indicated you could get 4, or not. Quite like the current in-game display

They don’t state zero, you’re just assuming it’s possible while at the same assuming 1-3 are not possible. 1 and 3 can logically be eliminated since they are odd numbers on a double drop day. So where’s the logic in assuming 2 isn’t possible?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Would you rather get “0 or 4,” or “0 or 2 or 4?”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    I think I edited that last response into spam block. Basically double drops = if you got a drop, its double. There no statement saying "chance of double drops".
    @Gifafi would rather it state the actual drop possibilities as opposed to either 4 or nothing (for this example)
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Description clarity is not CG’s forte, but I also understand they have limited space being a mobile game
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think I edited that last response into spam block. Basically double drops = if you got a drop, its double. There no statement saying "chance of double drops".
    @Gifafi would rather it state the actual drop possibilities as opposed to either 4 or nothing (for this example)

It’s not a “chance of double drops” it’s “double drops on a chance of shards.”

So if you get a shard drop, it’s doubled. I mean, I’m all for cg being able to word things more clearly.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Ive gotten 0 signal data on attemps so yes the 0-4 would apply
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    o3zasmcdi4ij.jpeg
    'Potential drops'!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member

No it's not.

It kinda is.....

There are how many places in the game where it will list the possible drops as 1-3 and other places where it's lists 4 and we have come to expect it to mean 0-4

The problem is inconsistency across the game. Cg is not good at this at all.

It should not be a guessing game on the drops where you have to eventually learn what their intent is.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    That's why they teach math at school.

0 times 1 is = 0
    0 times 2 is = 0
    0 times 4 is = 0
    0 times 1 Billion still = 0

What is shown on screen is not the drop number, also not the possible drop number, it is the "TIMES" number.
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    0-4 means it has a chance to drop 0 1 2 3 or 4 items not 0 x whatever number, learn simple ingrish before trolling.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    Hey dummy 0-4 means it has a chance to drop 0 1 2 3 or 4 items not 0 x whatever number, learn simple ingrish before trolling.

Irony
  • Reolwen
    5 posts Member
    Also kisakee thanks for proving our point. You will always get 0 shards or 4 shards when you get champion shards. Not some random number in between.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

No it's not.

It kinda is.....

There are how many places in the game where it will list the possible drops as 1-3 and other places where it's lists 4 and we have come to expect it to mean 0-4

The problem is inconsistency across the game. Cg is not good at this at all.

It should not be a guessing game on the drops where you have to eventually learn what their intent is.

It's still not false advertising.
  • It shows 2x rewards yet on many occasions I have received an odd number which should not be possible mathematically!
  • Bilal3 wrote: »
    It shows 2x rewards yet on many occasions I have received an odd number which should not be possible mathematically!

Wrong in this thread too. 2 is max drop. 0,1,2 are all possible
  • Mid-tier necro... I've seen better