Should I G13 Jolee?

Sithlordkim
2 posts Member
edited July 2021
I got Jedi Knight Revan yesterday. I started to make a JKR team with JKR-Bastila-Jolee-GMY-GK. I will G13 JKR, GMY, and GK. But, should I G13 Jolee?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Yes, you want jolee to survive so that he can revive the rest.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Like any gear investment decisions in game, it DEPENDS.

I would say relic-ing Jolee is certainly not a priority early or even mid-game. I would even say relic-ing support characters is always of second priority compared to your damage dealers and tanks. That list includes Wat, 3PO, Hermit and many more. I certainly succeeded with many of these characters at g12 or even lower for quite a long time.

To be more precise, what is the purpose of relicing someone? Durability and speed. Most support characters have other workarounds to keep them from dying.Taking your JKR squad as an example. If the damage dealer of the squad,GMY, is highly relic-ed and fast, the match is probably already over before anyone touches your Jolee. Or if you have your GK relic-ed and tanky, chances are small anyone can get to your Jolee at all. Sure, if the main purpose of your JKR squad is to face a full relic-ed GG squad, then it is probably a good idea to have a reliced Jolee. But the question is how often does that happens to you at your current gp level?

That's btw. also the reason, why it is a bad idea to relic a complete squad evenly. Most of the time you really need one or two characters relic-ed to make the squad work.

Things will be different, when you move to end game content. You will face more and more relic-ed opponents (both PvE and PvP). Then survivability of your support characters certainly becomes priority there too.
  • Jolee gains a bunch of health from relic tiers so I'd say yes
  • Yes
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    No, that is a midgame team. Work on your next team that will need relics to function.
  • Absolutely worth doing, not sure he needs a bunch of Relic levels (mine is still R0), but the base stat boosts from g12 to g13 are great, and your JKR team will remain a staple part of your lineup in GAC/TW for years.
  • It really depends. Relicing GMY and GK is a pretty good move since they’re both required for JMK, and JKR Relic is used pretty often. I’d only relic Jolee if you really want to have a high HP healer but he’s not all that useful late game
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Eventually, sure, but g12 Jolee is fine for quite a while.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jolee is great and worth the relic but like crzydroid said, the team itself you are using him, he's not needed at g13, and its better for you to diversify your gear in a better team
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    @Antario
    speed because of relics? sounds new to me
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »
    @Antario
    speed because of relics? sounds new to me

G13 is for me Relic 0.

• Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Worth it if you want a full relic team. But with good mods he does much the same job at G12. He won’t heal more or revive more with relic.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    Worth it if you want a full relic team. But with good mods he does much the same job at G12. He won’t heal more or revive more with relic.

Wut...
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Wut...

You have Jolee in to heal and revive do we not?

Lower his ability cool downs with his basic?

Is G13 a priority a to make those things happen?

So my point is that out of the whole JKR team, Jolee relic isn’t a showstopper. G12 is fine for some time. He will still revive. He will still heal. His basics will still lower his cool downs.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Wut...

You have Jolee in to heal and revive do we not?

Lower his ability cool downs with his basic?

Is G13 a priority a to make those things happen?

So my point is that out of the whole JKR team, Jolee relic isn’t a showstopper. G12 is fine for some time. He will still revive. He will still heal. His basics will still lower his cool downs.

I think the "wut" was because you contradicted yourself. You started off saying it was worth it, then proceeded to describe why it's not worth it.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Also two of his abilities heal/grant bonuses based on his own max health.

Relics = more health = more benefit, it directly contradicts your statement that "He won't heal more [...] with relic"

Hence "wut"
  • Alright. It seems like relicing Jolee isn't worth it for me(He heals more though). I'll use the resources somewhere else.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Yeah. You should
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Counterpoint: You shouldn't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH