Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• brigg
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm still chugging along with a very similar accnt to Intymmidation. Hit lvl 77 today. I have a little more invested in geo ships, but need to catch up on Ahsoka/ITF. My fleet shard feels fairly stacked, with about 25 HDB folks. That means even breaking top 20 is rare, but it's been getting better recently because geos are just getting strong enough to compete with some of the stacked teams. I need to beat a ~175k GP team with 120k geos, which can work if their comp isn't great.

8iny8al9m20y.png

Squad Arena, I also have PS at G8 and Geos at G8/G9. Nute led geos is definitely an improvement, it has me sitting at #290, and with a little more gear I'm hoping to sneak an occasional top 200.

I need to spend some time reprioritizing my fleet and hard nodes + gear farm, because I'm trying to do too much right now. 3x enegy, 1x ship, 1x mod is my typical refresh

• @brigg excellent work!

I also hit 77 on the account yesterday, have Spy & Solider ready to upgrade to 6* but not enough ship credits. I have been holding them just there at 6* and using my GW currency to bring up Ahsoka and ITF to be ready at level 78. Only 4 shards to go on Ahsoka and maybe 13 on ITF (I also have used flee currency to speed him up). After they both hit 5* they will be put on hold. I can crack top 5 in my shard if things are aligned, a couple other f2p geo fleets up there so easy for us to beat each other, plus some HDB starting to become easier.

What other ships are you farming in the meantime? I have Imp Tie Bomber and Hyena Bomber on farm now as well, and obviously continuing VD just not refreshing the node each day any longer.

For squad, do you have Poggle already or who are you running as your with with the Nute + Geo trio?

I also am on the same refresh schedule, building a bit of crystal stock that way so that once I hit 83 I'll have a nice stash to refresh cantina 3x a day to get GBA quickly.
  • @brigg & @Intimmydation

I have chosen a very similar path as you have. It's nice to see your development on these sibling accounts. =)

Congratulations Intimydation on breaking into top 5! (even getting 1st place). I wish I could do so, but in my fleet shard there are too many HDB players and there is a wall of G12 Hounds Tooth blocking the top 5. But, soon... I shall get there.

I was wondering what your next plan for Arena team is. I am thinking GBA Geos from lvl 83 (also gonna push cantina refreshes 3x a day when I hit lvl 83) and then Padme somewhere soon in time after hitting lvl 85. How about you guys?
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    @Intimmydation - Thanks for doing this, it's very enlightening. I cannot keep up with your progress for some reason, but I'm not a veteran player, still paying for newbie mistakes, i.e., I'm pretty bloated from when I first started and just leveled and geared *everything* up. Now I have GP of ~285k but it's not focused and the credit crunch is really holding me back. And I'm sort of playing the hand I'm dealt in fleet: Geos, Ahsoka, TFP. It's worked OK but I still can't break into top 50 yet because of a dearth of ship building materials.
    Question for you. I've decided to go after CLS: PS to get EP+Thrawn, then with Vader, Tarkin, and TFP (because fleet, otherwise I'd use Veers, who I just unlocked) go for R2. Who's the best lead for the CLS event, Old Ben or STHan?
    Also, getting REAL bored with The Phoenix Show, thinking of switching to another team (Jedi or Bounties) after I get EP+Thrawn just to break the monotony. This is a bad idea, isn't it? Would I just be making things harder for myself? Thanks for all you are doing to help us rooks.
  • culealex wrote: »
    Congratulations Intimydation on breaking into top 5! (even getting 1st place). I wish I could do so, but in my fleet shard there are too many HDB players and there is a wall of G12 Hounds Tooth blocking the top 5. But, soon... I shall get there.
    Sometimes it's just luck when you get dropped into a shard. For me I was within the first few hours, so have the advantage against all non-HDB players already being high up, and only got passed up early by the HDB coming in. Now while not level 85, my ships (starting 3 + 1st RI) are becoming comparable to theirs, as well as pilot gear (all geos g9 at least, whereas most HDB keep their pilots at g8 unless they really know what they are doing). Only thing lacking is a tank, and Geos don't have as much health compared to those multi-pilot HDB ships, but it's okay.
    I was wondering what your next plan for Arena team is. I am thinking GBA Geos from lvl 83 (also gonna push cantina refreshes 3x a day when I hit lvl 83) and then Padme somewhere soon in time after hitting lvl 85. How about you guys?

From level 83, GBA and the full geo squad for sure, that's the way to go since you'll want them geared up anyway. If you can save a bit of crystals so you are able to do 3x cantina refreshes once you unlock that node, even better!

This is my plan first while I think start to work on the gearing of my Imp Troopers team (as Piett still won't be 7* by then). Right now I am pretty much done on the shard farming for Starck, Veers & Gideon....Range a bit behind but Piett pretty slow.

Another option I am considering (and definitely a team I will build early) is a Sith team using Palp Vader Sith Trooper BSF + 1 that I don't have yet, Dooku or Sidious perhaps. This will be a good early Geo counter team for GAC.

The big question even to me, is when do I make the switch...obv to the full Geo team it won't work until I have GBA at 83+, but since my 3x geos are already better geared than my PS, should I switch now under Nute (who would require a bit of gear) and then add 1 more (maybe Boba even though no synergy since he is g8 for the CH events).

I might just test it out in Arena and see how they go over the weekend.
  • Gamera wrote: »
    @Intimmydation - Thanks for doing this, it's very enlightening. I cannot keep up with your progress for some reason, but I'm not a veteran player, still paying for newbie mistakes, i.e., I'm pretty bloated from when I first started and just leveled and geared *everything* up. Now I have GP of ~285k but it's not focused and the credit crunch is really holding me back. And I'm sort of playing the hand I'm dealt in fleet: Geos, Ahsoka, TFP. It's worked OK but I still can't break into top 50 yet because of a dearth of ship building materials.
    Don't worry, I face this ship building material crunch every day. You don't get enough early game to even keep your starting 3 at your max level, let alone your RIs. And right now I cannot take my geos from 5 to 6* because of lack of materials. You just have to stick with it, eventually they will be maxed and you will have fewer ships you are building up at one time. Focus on Geo trio + VD, and don't invest too much in Ahsoka or TFP...most of the time you either win the battle before they are needed, or you don't. Ahsoka is only good to come in to dispel those early HT taunts I find, before HT becomes a beast.
    Question for you. I've decided to go after CLS: PS to get EP+Thrawn, then with Vader, Tarkin, and TFP (because fleet, otherwise I'd use Veers, who I just unlocked) go for R2. Who's the best lead for the CLS event, Old Ben or STHan?
    Not sure if you've seen me post before my thoughts on CLS early, but I'm very much against it (and on my main it's actually the team I went for first, so have lots of experience there). It just requires so much side investment before you have the ideal team, and those side investments are not great long term teams. But if you decide to go that way, during the different tiers of the event you are required to use a different mix of the rebels, so you won't need Old Ben in the last tiers, there is just one main one he is needed. ST Han is more important and should be geared higher. If you want more of my thoughts on CLS, just ask or message me.
    Also, getting REAL bored with The Phoenix Show, thinking of switching to another team (Jedi or Bounties) after I get EP+Thrawn just to break the monotony. This is a bad idea, isn't it? Would I just be making things harder for myself? Thanks for all you are doing to help us rooks.

Yep, PS is super boring and I feel you here, see my response above. I might try to make the switch because I am no longer gearing PS so they will just continue to fall in rank. EP Thrawn and Vader are good, but I'd try to hold off because they really only come into their own when you can put a zeta on Vader's Merciless Massacre around lvl 82/83. After that point it's a great early team, and in fact the one I used on my main account for a long time until CLS team was ready.

Now changing to a Bastilla led Jedi team is a good idea, you already have Ezra & Kanan and you can add Bastilla and farm Jolee. GMY can be your last, but you'll need a 5th jedi to unlock him (Ahsoka the easiest to get). If you want to build towards JKR or DR/Malak early, this is the way to go, plus Jedi tag is needed for many of the game modes & events.
  • The big question even to me, is when do I make the switch...obv to the full Geo team it won't work until I have GBA at 83+, but since my 3x geos are already better geared than my PS, should I switch now under Nute (who would require a bit of gear) and then add 1 more (maybe Boba even though no synergy since he is g8 for the CH events).

I might just test it out in Arena and see how they go over the weekend.
    I would say switch to Nute Geos already, without a doubt. I got to lvl 80 today, and could put the Omega on Nute lead and I am might get into top 100 in Squad Arena today already.

Gear lvl on Nute isn't that important, as he goes under stealth after the first time he is killed. How far have you gotten on Poggle? I still have him at 6* but he is pretty cheap to gear up. I would say take your best Separatist for the fifth slot.

• @culealex
    That's my problem, I haven't started farming Poggle yet. I will get him from the GW store, but not yet until I am sure I have all my ships ready for the zeta mat challenge, then will decide if I take the 2 Geo ships to 7* first or start Poggle (he will be a fast farm anyway).

My Nute is 7* and g5, but I only took him there today for the CH, so wouldn't be hard to just get him to g8 for the squad. I don't have Dooku, which now looking back I should have farmed him early instead of JKA or Greef for example if I did it over, so I don't have any other Seps ready.

Boba I can put just for now even though no synergy, he's g8 and at least when he dies he gets 1 revive, so that's 2 characters with a revive and some dmg output to help Spy out. I'll give it a try on my climb tomorrow if I can gear Nute a bit more in the meantime (g5 will just get one-shotted).
  • I saw you have Poggle at 4*, so try to gear him up and upgrade his abilities if you can, same for Nute. These two support characters need Speed so that Nute can do the Extortion (preferably at least twice before getting killed) and Poggle gives Offense Up. They don't need to be tanky, at all.

• Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Week 9 Update - July 22
    m8isij3wq05o.png
    • Able to get top 5 in Fleet Arena most days, beating the HDB with my Geos + VD
    • 6 shards away from 5* on ITF to complete all reqs needed for zeta mat challenge once I level up to 78
    • Cleared tier 3 of credit heist today, sadly only the minimum drops (2.5M credit total)
    • Ship building materials are scarce, cannot keep starting 3 or VD / Executrix at max level, nor have enough credits to take my Geo ships to 6*. This will become less painful once I am level 85 and these main ships are maxed
    • Arena team I will switch soon and try Nute (once i get him g8) + Geo trio + Boba
    • Poggle farm not started yet, I will farm from GW currency but want to finish ships first
    • In hindsight, should have farmed Dooku early to use as 5th Sep for the team instead of farming JKA or Greef this early
    • Energy Refreshes: 3x normal, 1x fleet & 1x cantina every day. Haven't refreshed mods since I don't have to put them on a ton of teams, but think I will start at least 1 refresh there (Gideon nearly to 7* so might hold off on cantina refreshes and do 2x mod)
    • Building some crystal inventory so that once I hit level 83 and can farm GBA from cantina, I can afford 3x refreshes per day

Current Farms
    uvvfe5g8iaax.png
    4alah47xcqas.png
    tlq0wifi0h4z.png
    *forgot to include Vulture Droid in the ship farms, but doing it 1x per day

Current ships
    usbfdr9n1mux.png
  • brigg
    14 posts Member
    @brigg excellent work!

I also hit 77 on the account yesterday, have Spy & Solider ready to upgrade to 6* but not enough ship credits. I have been holding them just there at 6* and using my GW currency to bring up Ahsoka and ITF to be ready at level 78. Only 4 shards to go on Ahsoka and maybe 13 on ITF (I also have used flee currency to speed him up). After they both hit 5* they will be put on hold. I can crack top 5 in my shard if things are aligned, a couple other f2p geo fleets up there so easy for us to beat each other, plus some HDB starting to become easier.

What other ships are you farming in the meantime? I have Imp Tie Bomber and Hyena Bomber on farm now as well, and obviously continuing VD just not refreshing the node each day any longer.

For squad, do you have Poggle already or who are you running as your with with the Nute + Geo trio?

I also am on the same refresh schedule, building a bit of crystal stock that way so that once I hit 83 I'll have a nice stash to refresh cantina 3x a day to get GBA quickly.

I'm also doing VD and Hyena. I was doing ITB, but now it's getting hard to budget in, so I've missed some days. I'm buying ITF and Ahsoka from stores to get ready for 78 now. Also farming Anakin SF and ITF still from hard nodes... but that takes a refresh to budget in.

I have Poggle at 6*. I also like the idea of save and refresh for GBA. Here's my Geo and PS. PS was getting me around 450 rank, geos have me at 237 atm:
    4aoldfin9hb4.png

• BoonCapital
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    My 12 day no phoenix status

https://swgoh.gg/p/472356445/

- I'm still top 100 easily beating all phoenix with KRU, boba, soldier, spy, and poggle

- I'm clearing GW easily

- I'm only farming gear and VD + JKR/DR reqs at the moment. I'll restart troopers tomorrow with the Piett node.

I'm considering ignoring phoenix entirely and just going for Malak. Like this https://swgoh.gg/p/585147953/

I'm not farming dark trooper, but want to badly after seeing @culealex do so LOL
    Post edited by BoonCapital on
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Did my own version of Intimmydation's list above, in case you want to see a very similar progress status, but from a 9 days older account. Thank you so much @Intimmydation , this thread is really helpful for new F2P players.
    • Able to get top 10 in Fleet Arena most days, beating the HDB with my Geos + VD but cannot do sheesh (yet) about the G12 Hounds Tooth fleets in top 5
    • Easily cleared tier 3 in Ship Mats Challenge, had KRU and Ahsoka as RI that never even got to enter.
    • Cleared tier 4 of credit heist yday, with Boba (L), Nute, Greef, Jango & ST Han.
    • Ship building materials are scarce, indeed. Advice: I try to look what ship ability/ies I want to upgrade and focus on them, i.e. having one ship at 75, one at 78 and one at 80 - depending on the ability's value.
    • Arena team - Nute (L) + Geos. Since I got Nute to lvl and could put Omega on his lead, this team can do the most amazing comebacks in arena battles. It's a really funny team.
    • Energy Refreshes: 3x normal, 3x fleet & 3x mods every day. I have maxed my Mods inventory recently and now I'm only farming Slicing Mats from Mod refreshes. I want to get to lvl 85 asap and we are never gonna regret having done too much Mods farming, as good ol' Darth Loquitor says...
    • Keeping my crystal inventory at 1500+ so that once I hit level 83 and can farm GBA from cantina, I can afford 3x refreshes per day

Current farms:
    4w50le8yk14f.png

Cantina energy goes to farming Gideon.

I have three squads that I use in GW. PS does the first 5-9 rounds, then Imp Troopers and finish of with Nute Geos. @BoonCapital Confirmed. Dark Trooper is such a wonderful character. :smiley: I am tempted to start force farming him to get him to 7* asap, but luckily there is an alternative cost for this that keeps me focusing on my main plan.

My funny teams:
    5tzx2o8nakkn.jpg

My ships:
    f2664qkfvjcu.jpg
  • Yeah i guess I didn't even realize I had Poggle at 4*, must've gotten an 80 shard bronzium drop because I have never farmed him, hah...so that helps.

At our levels, hard node farms become tough to budget everything, but hopefully you will have some start to fall off soon. For me, Veers is 12 shards away from being done and Range 75. Gideon will be done tomorrow, only 4 shards left. I won't refresh cantina and instead use those 100 crystals towards mod refreshes until I hit level 83. When I finish Veers, I may force farm ITB a bit to get it unlocked, not sure yet, or just use that energy on gear (probably better). The pilotless ships are always good investments because you just have to farm one thing instead of 3 (ship + pilot + gear).
    Arva's alt account is a great account, and if you focus going straight to Malak it can be powerful (I'm likely going that way first instead of Padme now, but after Troopers / Sith).
    Just bear in mind that if you skip Phoenix now, you will have to circle back at some point for them if you want Thrawn, and it will be at a time where they aren't useful to you anywhere else. Also Palp, but you can get him with other rebels, but is always nice to knock out 2 birds with 1 stone using PS.

Dark Trooper is super powerful, but hard to justify three single-shard farms for the Troopers team this early (Piett, Gideon, Dark)

• @culealex

Good to see all the progress! For tier 4 of CH, were you able to 3* it or just clear it? I am using the same 5 scoundrels, but ST Han & Greef not really leveled, but passed tier 3 pretty easy and will be able to pass t4 easy once it comes around (especially since I'll level up Nute & Boba a bit more).

Hard Node Farms: You have a lot there, you may want to take a couple off and spend on gear as the gear you need at these levels takes quite some time to farm. What is your plan for first big team again, Troopers first or into Padme or JKR?

Fleet nodes Why are you farming Greef there, are you going to put together a BH team and want him to be part of the 5? If not, I may suggest to farm Umbarran if you want to put together a GR fleet as your 2nd (you have Ahsoka and farming Eta-2 already)

Mods: Since you maxed your inventory, have you gone through and cleaned up and sold off the bad mods? Anything not 5* can be sold right away, then come up with a method on how you level them up and decide which to keep or sell. DL has a lot of good videos lately on this. For me I sell all gray mods except for triangles and crosses if they have primaries i want, and then green mods I level to 6 to see if they hit speed and sell if not. Just don't want to spend a TON of credits on mods that won't turn out great in the end.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for the well-grounded feedback, @Intimmydation ! It's really good to motivate for myself why I'm doing what I'm doing.
    @culealex

Good to see all the progress! For tier 4 of CH, were you able to 3* it or just clear it? I am using the same 5 scoundrels, but ST Han & Greef not really leveled, but passed tier 3 pretty easy and will be able to pass t4 easy once it comes around (especially since I'll level up Nute & Boba a bit more).
    I 3* it at the first try with this team:
    dquic1c3zrpd.jpg
    Hard Node Farms: You have a lot there, you may want to take a couple off and spend on gear as the gear you need at these levels takes quite some time to farm. What is your plan for first big team again, Troopers first or into Padme or JKR?
    My balanced plan is to have one good arena team and six good teams for GAC. GBA Geos is my next plan, then transition into Padme pretty soon after hitting lvl 85 and staring up GK (he's at 90 shards atm). So since I'm aiming at 6 good teams* for GAC, I have to do quite many character farms from normal energy. (Padme, Basti Jedi, Imp Troopers, Geos, Empire, Bounty Hunters). Also, I am thinking about force farming Hyena or not, it will cost me to reduce 100 energy but it will make it easier to clear fleet nodes & challenges as well surviving in fleet arena until VD comes in and land buff immunity on enemy HT.
    Fleet nodes Why are you farming Greef there, are you going to put together a BH team and want him to be part of the 5? If not, I may suggest to farm Umbarran if you want to put together a GR fleet as your 2nd (you have Ahsoka and farming Eta-2 already)
    Yes, he's key to a BH team and I don't want to use a hard node for that + his fleet farm gives med Rebel Y-wing which is a long term plan for a Rebel fleet. For my 2nd fleet in GAC, my plan is HT, ETA-2, Ahsoka & Silencer (and ev. Slave 1) with Home One.
    Mods: Since you maxed your inventory, have you gone through and cleaned up and sold off the bad mods? Anything not 5* can be sold right away, then come up with a method on how you level them up and decide which to keep or sell. DL has a lot of good videos lately on this. For me I sell all gray mods except for triangles and crosses if they have primaries i want, and then green mods I level to 6 to see if they hit speed and sell if not. Just don't want to spend a TON of credits on mods that won't turn out great in the end.
    Yup, I desperately need the credit for all 1-4* mods, so these are sold off instantly. :smiley: For the grey mods, I actually keep them, since my inventory is not full and they are really cheap in terms of slicing materials, but the downside being it's expensive to take it from 12 to 15, to be able to slice it. But you came up with a good question here and I will need to consider whether to sell these off or not. If a grey mod has 3/4 relevant secondaries (speed being one, ofc), I will prolly take it to 15 and slice it once and see if a good secondary is increased.

Post edited by culealex on
  • brigg
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    FWIW my math shows that grays are bad long term investments because of the slicing cost later. I also save the good primaries, but that's about it.

On Fleet Arena - I'm kinda bummed that you guys are doing much better than me, where I can only occasionally get top 20. I'm curious if I can be doing something better. Here's an example of what's in my top 20:
    2qvap2ct0w9r.png
    #17 is beatable, but #14 and #13 it just feels like I don't have the HP to handle the opening rounds. I lead with geo trio, reinforce with VD.

Thanks for the thoughts on hard nodes and the next teams to get. This is the list of what I want vs. what I decided to prioritize. It looks like I came out pretty close to @culealex

mr6h3m7tfd0d.png
    *small caveat - actual current cost is 700, 620 was when Poggle finishes.

It seems like I have no choice but to slow down the Mando/Greef until troopers are finished. It also seems like I need to pick 3/4 ships, so I dropped ITB for now.

I'd also like to be spending a little bit more on gear, but I haven't figured it out yet.
  • @culealex
    My balanced plan is to have one good arena team and six good teams for GAC. GBA Geos is my next plan, then transition into Padme pretty soon after hitting lvl 85 and staring up GK (he's at 90 shards atm). So since I'm aiming at 6 good teams* for GAC, I have to do quite many character farms from normal energy. (Padme, Basti Jedi, Imp Troopers, Geos, Empire, Bounty Hunters). Also, I am thinking about force farming Hyena or not, it will cost me to reduce 100 energy but it will make it easier to clear fleet nodes & challenges as well surviving in fleet arena until VD comes in and land buff immunity on enemy HT.

Just remember that when you get to 85 and start GAC, your opponents will have just done that same so they are not going to have developed rosters either, and you will likely be better since you have a solid plan. Don't spread yourself too thin trying to build 6 decent teams instead of 1 or 2 really strong ones, while you then work the rest up. Good geos and Padme on defense will hold early most times, so you can throw underleveled / geared crap in the back.

I probably wouldn't force farm any hard nodes right now since you have a ton. Early on doing it for VD is okay because 1) nodes are cheaper and 2) you level up so fast it's hard to spend your energy

Nice job on CH, my ST Han was like level 1 g1 so died instantly but as long as I can pass it, doing 2 battles manually once a month is no issue for now.
    Yeah unless you get 3 or 4 really good stats (with a 5 speed) on a gray mod, then I wouldn't slice. You just end up wasting so many slicing mats for mods in the end you won't want as 6*
    On Fleet Arena - I'm kinda bummed that you guys are doing much better than me, where I can only occasionally get top 20. I'm curious if I can be doing something better. Here's an example of what's in my top 20:

It's just a matter of luck that you got into your shard later than us, so those HDB had even more of a head start. You will get there, a lot of those high "power" fleets are just because they use 2 or 3 pilot ships that inflate it, but are still pretty squishy. Top 5 of my shard has a couple 200k+ fleets, and those ones actually seem to know what they are doing.
    It seems like I have no choice but to slow down the Mando/Greef until troopers are finished. It also seems like I need to pick 3/4 ships, so I dropped ITB for now.
    I dropped both of them off my farms a few weeks ago once I was able to get to more highly needed characters, can always go back but they have served their purpose for CH thus far. On the list you put, consider moving Poggle to GW farm (how many more shards do you need there for your Geo ships?) and I'd have a long thought about HT (+ Bossk) vs ITB. Overall HT is better, but with ITB you don't need the pilot. This is the way I am trying this way, so I guess we can compare how it goes.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @culealex
    Just remember that when you get to 85 and start GAC, your opponents will have just done that same so they are not going to have developed rosters either, and you will likely be better since you have a solid plan. Don't spread yourself too thin trying to build 6 decent teams instead of 1 or 2 really strong ones, while you then work the rest up. Good geos and Padme on defense will hold early most times, so you can throw underleveled / geared crap in the back.

I probably wouldn't force farm any hard nodes right now since you have a ton. Early on doing it for VD is okay because 1) nodes are cheaper and 2) you level up so fast it's hard to spend your energy
    Yup, you're probably right. I might change (chill down) a little bit and focus on two really good teams (Geos for def and IT for off) and then only focus on the alpha characters for the other GAC squads (i.e. Vader,GMY) and hopefully get the non-alpha characters to G7. That, together with focus on the pilots of the 2nd fleet (JKA, Ahsoka & Bossk) should det a good foundation for a competitive GAC lineup. Aaand, then it will be a lot of 3v3, but that's a later problem :smiley:

And, you are also right on force farm. I will have to think if I wanna switch Chewpio to force farm Hyena. :grimace:
  • @Intimmydation with the latest changes any farm guide is cancelled now. They really messed it up
  • @brigg just came across you in the squad arena shard so took a run and won :) added you to my friends in game.

Nice to see we are in the same shard. Most likely you got I to the previous fleet shard and right at the end. Considering how early I was in mine. So just u lucky there
  • Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation with the latest changes any farm guide is cancelled now. They really messed it up

Will have to analyze and see. Right now not thinking it changes too much at this early point. Only part it could set you back is if you get a GL rusher in a GAC matchup, but that’s the only Laet it really affects.

Maybe Wat won’t be as important now so hearing the GEOS early won’t be as important, but at the same time considering he’s needed r7 for JMK then probably doesn’t change.
  • Imp will be still a good team, Vader, Thrawn, Wat, dark trooper and every non GL toon that got nerfed, all of those will be good toons and useful for events and countering non GL teams etc, but not GL counter from now on.
    The way i see it from now the priority moves to GL's, toons which are required to get a GL, and toons that are part of a GL team. We 'll see but that'show it looks now.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Terkac11 wrote: »
    @Intimmydation with the latest changes any farm guide is cancelled now. They really messed it up

Will have to analyze and see. Right now not thinking it changes too much at this early point. Only part it could set you back is if you get a GL rusher in a GAC matchup, but that’s the only Laet it really affects.
    I don't think that the farming path for knowledgeable newer players will change either, but a problem is that there might spread a buzz that you have to rush a GL as a new player which can make your squad arena very tough in a year's time or so if we don't follow the GL path. But at the same time, it's good to decide what you want with your new account. What I want is to have fun and crush in GAC - and that I can do without a GL (until I meet an opponent with a GL :smiley:)

Also, I see your arena rank has improved drastically since you switched to Nute Geos. B)
  • @Terkac11 & @culealex

Yeah I don't think it changes anything, you still need a well-rounded roster. Only thing it might change is instead of going for both Padme & DR/Malak, you just go for 1 and then go after a GL. I'm likely going DR/Malak then into SEE (since I'll have a lot of it with Troopers anyway). Padme team you will get b/c of Geos / raids, so they are still usable just don't need them all at relics.

Some people will rush GLs (they do already), and those people are very easy to beat in GAC. Yeah you might lose a couple rounds if you get matched against someone with a GL, but once you get yours it will be domination b/c of the more balanced roster. And anyway, if you have strong fleet, they won't beat it. There are still ways to win GAC w/o a GL, you just might not win it with a full clear. Anyway that's all a long way off from where we all are at now.
  • Hello, I haven't really seen this guide until now. I'm using Phoenix Squad (10k team power) in squad arena and I usually get around rank 5000. Should I make a new account and rely completely on this guide or should I continue on my current account? Account: https://swgoh.gg/p/858125448/
  • Hello, I haven't really seen this guide until now. I'm using Phoenix Squad (10k team power) in squad arena and I usually get around rank 5000. Should I make a new account and rely completely on this guide or should I continue on my current account? Account: https://swgoh.gg/p/858125448/

You don't need to start over, you can just pick up and go from there. Level 45 is about 2 weeks in or so, you'll be fine. Just pay particular attention to the focus I put on ships / fleet and the geo pilots. You're at the point when you will want to start preparing for it, which means Geo Soldier & Spy farms, Vulture Droid farm, and then trying to save GW tokens when you can (though you should get your Zeb to at least 5* maybe 6*).

No need to level up or invest in your other characters for now, just keep focus on gearing Phoenix and the Geo pilots. After you finish Kanan in the Squad Arena store, you can get Tarkin shards and then Nute shards, and use Nute + Geos for Squad Arena after you finish PS (all 7* and gear 8)
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Another thing I thought of as well is that relicing all the characters for the GL prerequisites will bloat the GP a lot, so if you don't wanna rush a GL and keep your roster very tight, you might be less likely to run into a GL owner in the GAC matchmaking process anyway.
  • TLDR: New path I'm trying is KRU, Ahsoka, Anakin, Vader, Old Ben in Arena. Priority is KRU 7* (for ship, guild participation, and arena value), then Geo Pilots. Eventually replace arena team with Geos, use Geos to unlock Padme (second team), and farm FO as 3rd team. Its going great.

I decided to start a new account after about 3-4 weeks to see if I could clean up my early mistakes (mods, leveling, etc). And, I wanted a different path that didnt involve PS because I realized that 1) I could probably do just as well in GW and Arena with other teams, and 2) it was going to take MASSIVE gear/mod investment to unlock EP and Thrawn up past 5*.

I figured I would rather just put the gear on GEOs so that they could be a primary squad in fleet and arena. My arena team has been Anakin KRU, Old Ben, Anakin, Ahsoka, and Vader....and I'm outperforming PS in arena. Typically let anakin lead for offense, Old Ben for Defense. KRU farm gets me his ship on the same farm node and eventually get into FO teams. Ahsoka gets me another early ship/pilot combo and will be great with Anakin/Padme/Kenobi/Yoda. Geos will get me to Padme and to good guild events. And, since Geo Pilots are cantina battles, I can switch my other store purchases that would have gone to PS to either ship shards or First order/Nute.

So far, I'm level 51. Ive got 7* KRU, 7* Ahsoka, and 6* Geo Soldier. My arena team is all G6 except for Soldier and Ahsoka, which are both G7. . Ive got enough shards to take the silencer to 5* (if I decide to spend credits), which should help the very early fleet battles while I'm still buying Geo ships.

This path also got me to a 7* much faster than the PS route (solo focus KRU from cantina and hard node) which is already getting me the big guild rewards about a week faster than PS, all while 1) investing in better long term characters, 2) saving all GW currency for geo fleet shards, and 3) actually performing equally/better in arena and GW. AND, it got me a 5* ship with G7 7* pilot (Silencer) ready for fleet day and a G7 7* Ahsoka for her ship. And, because Geo's will be a primary arena and Fleet team, I'm able to focus my gear farm a lot faster.

*CONS: I know I wont unlock EP or Thrawn very fast this way...but I wasnt going to to be able to 7* them any time soon, and I decided that I couldnt simultaneously gear PS and an Empire team AND a fleet team AND an arena team. Also, PS was a great auto-play team with a good borrowed hero, great survivability. My team takes a little more attention sometimes.

**One trick I found for GW that helps against some brutal teams. Instead of sending in my second best team to try and take out a single character, I actually start with a team of 1* level 1 characters. The AI team burns all cooldowns on their best abilities but wipes me out immediately; then I jump back into the battle with better teams. Super super helpful, and those low level characters werent going to contribute any damage anyway.

Open to feedback, questions, criticism, etc.
  • Also, starting with KRU and a FO squad early lets me pivot to SLKR, if thats the way the game is going.