Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I think the reason fallen anakin makes the most sense, or Hayden vader, is because of their focus on revenge of the sith. When you think of kenobi in that movie who is the obvious opposite? Maul? He's not even relevant in the movie. Dooku? His head is rolling around a space ship for most of the movie. Grevious? He fought Kenobi but it is tough to call that a legendary fight. The o ly thi g that fits is the duel between kenobi and anakin. I get people are butt hurt about factions and "it wouldn't make sense if he was separatist" or some nonsense like that, but quite honestly when has this game ever gone by canon or making sense? They base factions off of balance. They generally choose characters that tend to be opposites.

You can argue that Jesi Master Luke and Sith Eternal never fought so it doesn't make sense, but CG was just capitalizing on the new trilogies and knew more people would pay for a luke and Palpatine than another kylo or another rey to counter luke or see. Same thing here, while some niche fans want dooku or maul or grevious, Hayden vader will make them more money. That is the obvious choice.

and yet, you can argue for the exact same reason you made (choosing characters that tend to be opposites) that Galactic Republic is the exact opposite of the Separatists, in canon and in this game. One (epic and amazing) duel in the 3rd movie does not make up for the 3 prequels of movies that establish the 2 factions fighting for different regimes of power..

It is more of people wishing that they could have a "Fallen Anakin" and quite honestly, imho, it's also the false hope that the push/feedback from some in the community for this character is the proof that they can influence the game and the Devs. That only goes so far, despite how much we may feel differently.

GR vs Separatists makes more sense than any wishful thinking for a baby newborn Lord Vader that has no faction to pull from..

But are the steps and the republic really fighting for opposite ideals? The people that believe in the separatists and those that believe in the republic both believe they are fighting for freedom and democracy. They are both being manipulated be sideous. So they really aren't different at all but pretty much the same.

I'd venture to say that the faction most idealistically opposed to the republic is the empire.

It also probably isn't a coincidence that that faction is currently being explored in the bad batch show.

So a Vader with the empire tag would be an opposing faction of the republic. It was the enemy the entire time through the prequels. The separatists were just pawns. The real enemy was within.

We know that.. now...

that's like saying that Darth Sidious/Palpatine/SEE is actually everyone's main villain because he is the architect of the entire Saga so therefore he should be everyone's GL DS counterpart..

GR is fighting to HOLD on to its power, Separatists are fighting to BE their own Power.. It's a conflict between two different regimes , regardless of who is actually behind it all.

Both sides were fighting for democracy....

ThoughtfulPoliteElephantbeetle-max-1mb.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • All 3 Ahsoka r8
    All childrens r7 xD
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    you forgot R8 tuskens
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Dark Trooper R8....I‘m not sure. Maybe

I think they will introduce another character to the next conquest, which either will become a requirement or a great fit for LV (Like CAT for JMK).
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    padme and tuskins r9 ;)
  • KarateApina
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I am betting tuskens. No one has them at relics and they are a part of his journey to the darkside.

Padme has not been req for anything yet so she is a must. Most chars connected to Anakin are already been reqs for something. Mayby few of those anyway.
    (Palp, kenobi, yoda, c3po, r2d2)

Few useless jedi/ sith/separatist

Plus some random new chars ofc.
  • I remember the episode when he teamed up with the Coruscant underworld police and fought the mob enforcers. Hope that will make it into the event.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Anakin and GAS
    CAT AT ATF
    Geonosians
    Tuskens
    C3PO
    R2D2
    Padme
    Luminara
    Skaah Ti
    Nute Gunray
    Zam Wessel

Just some guesses, not a real list
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    I also have a feeling the next conquest toon will also be needed, and that toon will be end of clone wars Maul
  • If he’s Empire, a Stormtrooper could a req as well since few bothered to gear him up.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    I also have a feeling the next conquest toon will also be needed, and that toon will be end of clone wars Maul

End of CW Maul, what is the consensus on his name? Is it Robo Maul? Is it Mando Maul? Or is it Crime Lord Maul?
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    Well, I totally agree next Conquest toon will be RoboLegsMaul!! Not sure if he's gonna be a req for Lord Vader though.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Well, I totally agree next Conquest toon will be RoboLegsMaul!! Not sure if he's gonna be a req for Lord Vader though.

I don't see robo legs maul making sense as a requirement for Vader or necessarily having synergy with him.

I'm assuming that the new vader will likely synergize with empire. Robo legs maul wouldn't.

As far as a character that may synergize with him, we'll likely get a legendary requiring bad batch (maybe crosshair) that could synergize with vader
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »

End of CW Maul, what is the consensus on his name? Is it Robo Maul? Is it Mando Maul? Or is it Crime Lord Maul?

Just Maul. Nothing else is needed.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »

Just Maul. Nothing else is needed.

Once Darth, now just Maul
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Darth Hayden should be in the game... as a Journey or Legendary character, or even released in Galactic Conquest. The GL Vader should absolutely be him in his suit with an Empire tag leading Imperial Troopers. With GL Leia as his counterpart leading Rebel Fighters.

We’re still in the Clone War era. Give us Supreme Commander Grievous as Kenobi’s counter. The sequels were given 4 GL’s, so give the prequels 4 GL’s too—give us Head of State Dooku and Jedi Master Windu. Both are huge characters who are pathetic ingame, both graphically and functionally. Then move onto OT era Vader, Leia, etc.

Give us GL Boba and GL Maul too while you’re at it. Lords of the underworld competing. Scoundrel/BH vs Scoundrel/Mandalorian.

How would Grievous and Dooku be any different, apart from giving Dooku a reskin and Grievous a cape?

I'd be happy with a caped Grievous. Not sure where he would stand but capes are cool.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    0hy9nlmtcqpi.jpeg
  • exile038 wrote: »
    Darth Hayden should be in the game... as a Journey or Legendary character, or even released in Galactic Conquest. The GL Vader should absolutely be him in his suit with an Empire tag leading Imperial Troopers. With GL Leia as his counterpart leading Rebel Fighters.

We’re still in the Clone War era. Give us Supreme Commander Grievous as Kenobi’s counter. The sequels were given 4 GL’s, so give the prequels 4 GL’s too—give us Head of State Dooku and Jedi Master Windu. Both are huge characters who are pathetic ingame, both graphically and functionally. Then move onto OT era Vader, Leia, etc.

Give us GL Boba and GL Maul too while you’re at it. Lords of the underworld competing. Scoundrel/BH vs Scoundrel/Mandalorian.

How would Grievous and Dooku be any different, apart from giving Dooku a reskin and Grievous a cape?

I'd be happy with a caped Grievous. Not sure where he would stand but capes are cool.

I’d also be happy with a Supreme Commander Grevious. The Separatists should get a GL since they are a major faction but I’m sure we are getting a Vader of some kind with Empire primary synergy.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    exile038 wrote: »

I’d also be happy with a Supreme Commander Grevious. The Separatists should get a GL since they are a major faction but I’m sure we are getting a Vader of some kind with Empire primary synergy.

A Vader with a cape synergy will do.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

Cape tag confirmed?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Cape tag confirmed?

Lando meta incoming!!!!!
  • Chmilk2
    69 posts Member
    Omega, cause younglings
  • Kyno wrote: »

Lando meta incoming!!!!!

And Dooku, Moff Gideon, maybe even Malak, but his cape is only on one side.. Phasma, ok, I'll stop looking for more.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Lando meta incoming!!!!!

And Dooku, Moff Gideon, maybe even Malak, but his cape is only on one side.. Phasma, ok, I'll stop looking for more.

Grievous, Vader, DR, for some others.

• Vader and GG mentioned in the thread already, and Doc's outfit looks more like a robe to me. I only scrolled down 3 or 4 lines in my roaster, er, rooster.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Vader and GG mentioned in the thread already, and Doc's outfit looks more like a robe to me. I only scrolled down 3 or 4 lines in my roaster, er, rooster.

What about both Mandos? And I think DR has both a robe and a cape/cloak, but not too sure.

• Kyno wrote: »

Cape tag confirmed?

Lando meta incoming!!!!!

If lando is present, all characters with a Cape gain 9000% offense and damage immunity until the end of the encounter.
  • Here's what I don't understand about the Kenobi requirements...

Why must Jango be r7? Shouldn't you have your pick of Jango, Omega, Clone Troopers, & Boba, and as long as any one of them is r7, that's good?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Separately: I support a relic Tusken requirement for GL Vader.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Separately: I support a relic Tusken requirement for GL Vader.

Do you have Relic Tuskens?