How to craft gear if nobody needs it

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited July 2021
Here’s a new one, I’m trying to craft full gear pieces for chromium relic pieces. The Mk 7 armor plate things. However none of my toons need them. Any suggestions on how to get this done…lol
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Here’s a new one, I’m trying to craft full gear pieces for chromium relic pieces. The Mk 7 armor plate things. However none of my toons need them. Any suggestions on how to get this done…lol

The only way is to get a character that needs it and don't add it to them so you can craft it unfortunately. Sometimes you get the full pieces from raids, events, etc., but really the don't gear up technique is really the only way.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The only way is to get a character that needs it and don't add it to them so you can craft it unfortunately. Sometimes you get the full pieces from raids, events, etc., but really the don't gear up technique is really the only way.

So if all my toons are beyond the point of mk7 armor plates then that means I’m SOL? Yeah…that’s a pretty big issue then that CG needs to fix

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    It's not a new thing.

Your Eeth Koth is Gear VII isn't he? He needs it, craft it on him. Or increase Lobot to Gear VIII, he needs it again at that level.
  • A fix for this is long overdue.

I keep promising myself that next time I get a new toon I’ll check if they need any of the premium gear pieces that can be used for relic materials before stampeding them up the levels.

But I think CAT was g13 within about 90 seconds of unlocking her!
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    It's not a new thing.

Your Eeth Koth is Gear VII isn't he? He needs it, craft it on him.

No, he’s gear 8 unfortunately. I’ll keep referencing SWGOH and my roster, hopefully there’s someone I’m overlooking but that still begs the question of why this is even an issue and we should be able to craft the gear in the scavenger
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    It's not a new thing.

No, he’s gear 8 unfortunately. I’ll keep referencing SWGOH and my roster, hopefully there’s someone I’m overlooking but that still begs the question of why this is even an issue and we should be able to craft the gear in the scavenger

Added to my post, but take Lobot to Gear VIII and you'll be able to craft them on him. You can currently craft them on your gear VIII Ima-Gun Di
  • A fix for this is long overdue.

I keep promising myself that next time I get a new toon I’ll check if they need any of the premium gear pieces that can be used for relic materials before stampeding them up the levels.

But I think CAT was g13 within about 90 seconds of unlocking her!

Oh she was R5 for me in the same time lmao. Triple zeta too. Unfortunately not in enough time for GAC since I forgot and locked myself in before I unlocked her…ugh. Another issue they need to fix lol
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    It's not a new thing.

Added to my post, but take Lobot to Gear VIII and you'll be able to craft them on him.

Ahhhh, there we go. Nice, however the overall problem still remains. Would be nice if the devs could include this in the QoL update they promised in the early part of the year back in December, which we still haven’t gotten.

And before you come in mr Darjelo….I got yah covered haha

“ Early 2021 Plans
    We are wrapping up our plans for 2021 over the next few weeks and preparing for another year of Galaxy of Heroes. Large and small, we've made a lot of adjustments to the game this year. Going into this next year we have an eye towards the continuing expansion, and renovation, of our many systems and characters. It’s been 5 years since our official launch and Galaxy of Heroes continues to attract new players all the time - we are committed to bringing them the best introduction to Galaxy of Heroes, while continuing to serve you, our long-time players, with the best new Star Wars content we can. We can't wait to look back on the sixth anniversary and see all the changes we've made together. 2021 also means more exciting Star Wars characters, more events, quality of life updates and some special surprises. Here’s a sneak peak of the next character coming to Galaxy of Heroes”

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239115/state-of-the-galaxy-december-2020#latest
  • We need a gear browser where we can see ALL the gear, regardless of whether or not a toon needs it, and craft them directly from there.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    It's not a new thing.

Added to my post, but take Lobot to Gear VIII and you'll be able to craft them on him.

Ahhhh, there we go. Nice, however the overall problem still remains. Would be nice if the devs could include this in the QoL update they promised in the early part of the year back in December, which we still haven’t gotten.

“ Early 2021 Plans
    We are wrapping up our plans for 2021 over the next few weeks and preparing for another year of Galaxy of Heroes. Large and small, we've made a lot of adjustments to the game this year. Going into this next year we have an eye towards the continuing expansion, and renovation, of our many systems and characters. It’s been 5 years since our official launch and Galaxy of Heroes continues to attract new players all the time - we are committed to bringing them the best introduction to Galaxy of Heroes, while continuing to serve you, our long-time players, with the best new Star Wars content we can. We can't wait to look back on the sixth anniversary and see all the changes we've made together. 2021 also means more exciting Star Wars characters, more events, quality of life updates and some special surprises. Here’s a sneak peak of the next character coming to Galaxy of Heroes”

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239115/state-of-the-galaxy-december-2020#latest

I think the new squads and character screen is the QOL update they were talking about, I'm still hoping for fleets as well, but crafting in the scavenger would be ideal.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Seeing mods from the squad screen is a fantastic QoL we got.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mohrg wrote: »
    It's not a new thing.

“ Early 2021 Plans

I think the new squads and character screen is the QOL update they were talking about, I'm still hoping for fleets as well, but crafting in the scavenger would be ideal.

Not really a QoL since it made the layout more convoluted and messy. If that’s CG’s new idea of QoL then that’s absolutely pathetic
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    My tuskens are my go to gear farm.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    My tuskens are my go to gear farm.

You might need to for the assumed GL Lord Vader!
  • …without having a hero who still need it?

when i remember right it was once a question as part of a q&a. the devs had this on their list.

here an example: (in this case my gear8 ima-gun di needed a mk7 baw armor mod.)

i need 5 salvage for a prototype, with other components i can build the full piece.
    but i need 45 salvage pieces to get 6 „chromium transitors“, like for the full one.

with a hero, who needs it, no problem, but without?

nc5vm1l2ma2e.png
    b5szjbr0t3gd.png
    v8bndxnprm1l.png
    crn8xf5r26zw.png

with the time the „lower“ relic materials run short and i had 1000+ when the came out.

would be a good qol idea to craft the full pieces „without heroes“.
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    Why can’t we craft gear that we need for relics from the scavenger?

in particular, It’s seems very counterintuitive that you have to keep characters at g12 just to bring other characters to g13…

I can craft 3 wristbands, except I can’t craft them anymore because the ever growing list of required relic characters leaves me with few g-12 characters… so I can’t make them, or I would have to burn 90 of the yellow salvage to get 15 electrium conductors, when I could use 30 of them to get 14… but for some reason it’s not possible to use the gear you’ve already farmed…

It doesn’t make any sense to me and am wondering if anyone could enlighten my understanding
  • WhoDat wrote: »
    Why can’t we craft gear that we need for relics from the scavenger?

in particular, It’s seems very counterintuitive that you have to keep characters at g12 just to bring other characters to g13…

I can craft 3 wristbands, except I can’t craft them anymore because the ever growing list of required relic characters leaves me with few g-12 characters… so I can’t make them, or I would have to burn 90 of the yellow salvage to get 15 electrium conductors, when I could use 30 of them to get 14… but for some reason it’s not possible to use the gear you’ve already farmed…

It doesn’t make any sense to me and am wondering if anyone could enlighten my understanding

It’s a “feature”, (and a workaround is a frequent topic on QOL upgrade requests)