Has anyone catalogued all possible sources of Kyrotech

MasterSeedy
4992 posts Member
edited July 2021
You can purchase it with GAC currency, GET2, and Crystals. You get 3/day automatically. After that I'm not sure how much Kyro income is nonrandom.

I mean, you can get some in certain raids, but you can't count on it. I think that TB rewards include a guaranteed drop of Kyros, but I'm not sure how many, and that's only 2x per month.

So is there anywhere that this stuff is catalogued? I'm trying to make plans for CAT, GLOW, SEE & future GLs (I'm skipping gearing BB for now). It used to be no big deal since I could just buy the Kyros that I couldn't farm using the cheapest refresh, but now that I'm spending 2700/wk on r8 mats, my free crystals/week have shrunk quite a bit.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• You can get 10 from the AB that run each weekend(?).
  • They’re in TW rewards. At my guild’s level we get 12 pieces (the type is random) for a win, 9 for a loss.

In DSGeoTB you get #of stars +1 Kyro pieces, pretty much evenly distributed (for an odd total it’s always the LS Kyro that gets the extra one)

In LSGeoTB you get #of stars + 2 Kyro pieces, again distributed as above.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    swgoh wiki may have all of the sources via the various pages
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Spoiler: It doesn't.
  • So, 40 / month from ABs
    40ish / month from TWs
    60ish / month from TBs

90 / month from dailies.

very approximately 230/month before purchases and random rewards in raids, which might vary from nothing to a huge amount.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Its six assault battle per month, and we get two kyrotechs

So its 120 / month from ABs
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You can also farm them, if you're so inclined.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I am sure I should know this and sorry for the probably stupid question but GLOW?

Had a look through my roster and damned if I can work it out. 🤷‍♂️

Is it Galactic Legend On Way?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ryconnan wrote: »
    I am sure I should know this and sorry for the probably stupid question but GLOW?

No, some people just like calling JMK GLOW for some reason.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Oh, ok. Thanks. I don’t think I would have ever guessed that! 🤷‍♂️
  • Thanks, Ultra

so 310/month passive.
  • You also get 5 in red crate from Challenges too, so that’s potentially another 40 a month if you’re getting it every time.

I can’t find my last set of Conquest rewards, but I’d be surprised if they weren’t in there too.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    I can’t find my last set of Conquest rewards, but I’d be surprised if they weren’t in there too.

Sadly no
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Xcien wrote: »

I don't get why she insists on using GLOW but not GLEE.

Don't use either, but if you must, be consistent.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You also get 5 in red crate from Challenges too, so that’s potentially another 40 a month if you’re getting it every time.

I specifically remember some people complaining that they aren't in there (endgame rewards blah blah blah).

You can easily guess whom.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You also get 5 in red crate from Challenges too, so that’s potentially another 40 a month if you’re getting it every time.

I specifically remember some people complaining that they aren't in there (endgame rewards blah blah blah).

You can easily guess whom.

:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @ TVF:

You should not have tempted me. GLEE sounds fun as heck. It is now adopted.
  • You also get 5 in red crate from Challenges too, so that’s potentially another 40 a month if you’re getting it every time.

Total is up to 350/month passive. Thanks, Darjelo.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    @ TVF:

You should not have tempted me. GLEE sounds fun as heck. It is now adopted.

whid1.gif

Almost as if they… eased the gear crunch???

🤭

Almost as if they… eased the gear crunch???

🤭

With 100 needed for every character at g12 and more pre g11 for newer characters, it's still a crunch.
  • @ DarkHelmet1138

I'm not saying it's not a crunch, but it's pretty hard to get more than 1 toon per week from sub relic to relic. Thus 350/month almost takes care of the 4 g12 finishers. It's up to you, then, to farm or otherwise acquire the sub g12 Kyros for all the best toons + a mere 50 to 150 to top off the g12 finishers.

This means that the Kyro crunch now isn't as bad as the Stun Gun crunch used to be. I still have plenty of toons I would love to move up from g8/9/10 to g11 who are waiting on a Mk5 StunGun and I've been playing this game 5 years.

So, yeah, it's a crunch. And GL requirements are ridiculous (as are Bad Batch requirements) but I'm continuing to move toons up to relic at a steady pace. It feels... acceptable. And it felt much more acceptable before r8. I've been purchasing the r8 mats with crystals each week now, and all that crystal income used to go into farming/purchasing Kyros. So overall my Kyro income has dropped because of the r8 requirements for the latest GLs (I use the plural because I assume all GLs will now include some r8 requirements), but that is a choice of mine, and the whole game is about managing resources. If we didn't have any bottlenecks, then there would be no resource management needed and there would be nothing to accomplish.

I probably won't gear BB unless and until I have literally all the GLs (I'm still 3.5 to 4.5 weeks away from #4), since a full BB squad uses as many Kyros as all the required toons for a GL + the GL itself. But at the rate that I'm working I can get 2 more GLs done by the end of the year after that one. If they only release 1 new GL the rest of the year, I can catch up on everything but BB, then be ready to start the first GL of next year the moment it is announced, and after that one, maybe March or April next year, have some spare Kyros for BB.

It's a long, long game, and the Kyro crunch is real, but it is possible to relic toons faster than they are released. I'm okay with the current level of crunch (unless and until they make BB a required faction for something).
  • As a relevant addition, GET2 income is going to be 12k to 19k for most folks, which translates to 8 to 13 days of max GET Kyro purchases, if Kyros are your only GET2 purchase.

This ends up being 185 to 290 being the number of Kyro salvage that can be sustainably purchased with GET2 per month, depending on your income.
  • @ DarkHelmet1138

I'm not saying it's not a crunch, but it's pretty hard to get more than 1 toon per week from sub relic to relic. Thus 350/month almost takes care of the 4 g12 finishers. It's up to you, then, to farm or otherwise acquire the sub g12 Kyros for all the best toons + a mere 50 to 150 to top off the g12 finishers.

This means that the Kyro crunch now isn't as bad as the Stun Gun crunch used to be. I still have plenty of toons I would love to move up from g8/9/10 to g11 who are waiting on a Mk5 StunGun and I've been playing this game 5 years.

So, yeah, it's a crunch. And GL requirements are ridiculous (as are Bad Batch requirements) but I'm continuing to move toons up to relic at a steady pace. It feels... acceptable. And it felt much more acceptable before r8. I've been purchasing the r8 mats with crystals each week now, and all that crystal income used to go into farming/purchasing Kyros. So overall my Kyro income has dropped because of the r8 requirements for the latest GLs (I use the plural because I assume all GLs will now include some r8 requirements), but that is a choice of mine, and the whole game is about managing resources. If we didn't have any bottlenecks, then there would be no resource management needed and there would be nothing to accomplish.

I probably won't gear BB unless and until I have literally all the GLs (I'm still 3.5 to 4.5 weeks away from #4), since a full BB squad uses as many Kyros as all the required toons for a GL + the GL itself. But at the rate that I'm working I can get 2 more GLs done by the end of the year after that one. If they only release 1 new GL the rest of the year, I can catch up on everything but BB, then be ready to start the first GL of next year the moment it is announced, and after that one, maybe March or April next year, have some spare Kyros for BB.

It's a long, long game, and the Kyro crunch is real, but it is possible to relic toons faster than they are released. I'm okay with the current level of crunch (unless and until they make BB a required faction for something).

I'm not saying it can't be managed. Just that it's still a crunch.

And with every new toon requiring 300 or so kyros, it will likely continue to be a crunch (maybe worse) going forward.

I agree the stun gun crunch is still very real. Though at the moment I'm good on them since the jmk requirements don't need all that many. It seems to be golden eyeballs that everyone needs.

As far as kyros as a bottleneck, I'm good with the bottleneck for the finisher. I'm not so good with it starting at g7 or g8 on newer characters.
  • As far as kyros as a bottleneck, I'm good with the bottleneck for the finisher. I'm not so good with it starting at g7 or g8 on newer characters.

Fair.