Which jedies are better to develop in my situation, Qi-Gon or Mace Windu? What else to focus?

Aeuou
1 posts Member
Hey folks 😊
Please give me some advice.
I'm level 63 and I'm going to form a jedi squad as a primary arena team.
I didn't farm any phoenix and will not farm them at all if possible (yes, I know that it is optimal start for unlocking Palpatine and Thrawn and also becaus of their ship). I also prefer mostly Light Side as I feel it kinda more enjoyable :smiley:
The main question is which jedi to focus to speed up Grand Master Yoda unlock in my situation?
My jedies: https://swgoh.gg/p/457173374/characters/?f=Jedi
I also have some Rebels for a future second squad: https://swgoh.gg/p/457173374/characters/?f=Rebel (my Princess Leya and Lando Calrissian are already 7 stars).
I've already collected enough shards to unlock Biggs 7 stars.
I am farming all shards for Bastila (but it feels like an eternity to get 7 stars), Jedi Knight Anakin and just started farming Jolee (as a really long run) and Geonosians (for an event and Padme unlock). What are the best jedi for me for quick GMY unlock except those that I've almost got ready (Jedi Consular, Ahsoka and Old Ben). I guess Jedi Knight Anakin as 4th? (It is going so slowly). Who is better and faster as fifth, Qi-Gon Jihn or Mace Windu? My primary capital ship is Executrix. Do I ever need Mace Windu for the third or the second capital ship? Or does Ackbar act better and that's will be enough? I've read that Mace Windu is quite useless with a jedi pack. So I would prefer Ackbar but it is another farm though.
I would be excited also to receive any other suggestions what to focus and which goals to proceed now.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    GMY is an easy event. Keep working on Anakin and Bastila and you already have five you can use.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Aeuou wrote: »
    Hey folks 😊
    Please give me some advice.
    I'm level 63 and I'm going to form a jedi squad as a primary arena team.
    I didn't farm any phoenix and will not farm them at all if possible (yes, I know that it is optimal start for unlocking Palpatine and Thrawn and also becaus of their ship). I also prefer mostly Light Side as I feel it kinda more enjoyable :smiley:
    The main question is which jedi to focus to speed up Grand Master Yoda unlock in my situation?
    My jedies: https://swgoh.gg/p/457173374/characters/?f=Jedi
    I also have some Rebels for a future second squad: https://swgoh.gg/p/457173374/characters/?f=Rebel (my Princess Leya and Lando Calrissian are already 7 stars).
    I've already collected enough shards to unlock Biggs 7 stars.
    I am farming all shards for Bastila (but it feels like an eternity to get 7 stars), Jedi Knight Anakin and just started farming Jolee (as a really long run) and Geonosians (for an event and Padme unlock). What are the best jedi for me for quick GMY unlock except those that I've almost got ready (Jedi Consular, Ahsoka and Old Ben). I guess Jedi Knight Anakin as 4th? (It is going so slowly). Who is better and faster as fifth, Qi-Gon Jihn or Mace Windu? My primary capital ship is Executrix. Do I ever need Mace Windu for the third or the second capital ship? Or does Ackbar act better and that's will be enough? I've read that Mace Windu is quite useless with a jedi pack. So I would prefer Ackbar but it is another farm though.
    I would be excited also to receive any other suggestions what to focus and which goals to proceed now.

If I,remember correctly, there is,an event with windu’ s ship, so you’ll,have use for,him (keep.him at low gear you won’t use him later on). So,if,you,have to,choose between those 2 subpar jedis, I vote windu.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Windu to complete the fleet challenge that requires his ship, but after that, he’s not really needed. Though both Qui-Gon and Mace are required for JMK.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Keep farming Bastilla, JKA and Jolee to 7*.

Bastilla, GMY, JKA, Ahsoka and Jolee will make an OK jedi team initially. Bastilla and Jolee should probably have your first 2 zetas (if you're still using that team in arena by then). However, also consider that JKR will soon replace Bastilla as leader if you keep developing your jedi team.

You will need Old Ben at 7* eventually to unlock CLS for your rebel team.

Don't waste resources on QGJ and Mace until (much) later. The Endurance is the weaker of the capital ships.

I would recommend to keep building the Executrix as your main capital ship instead of switching to Home One. It's a strong ship in early fleet arena and Tarkin will also help you unlock R2D2 which is required to unlock CLS.

• Aeuou
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    If I,remember correctly, there is,an event with windu’ s ship, so you’ll,have use for,him (keep.him at low gear you won’t use him later on). So,if,you,have to,choose between those 2 subpar jedis, I vote windu.

This challenge (not event) is for promoting his ship, right?

Is it ok not to use Mace Windu's ship at all or it is necessary for some late game activities?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Is it ok not to use Mace Windu's ship at all or it is necessary for some late game activities?

It's not required anywhere else.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Except for that fleet challenge with the xp robots. Otherwise, pretty much nothing else.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You can use it for the GAS event if you don't have the Negotiator.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Except for that fleet challenge with the xp robots. Otherwise, pretty much nothing else.

OK. However, I doubt it's worth spending too much gear on Mace for that
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

OK. However, I doubt it's worth spending too much gear on Mace for that

Agreed