• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...

I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:

So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.

No that's not correct.

Why not? You need 50 shards, 5 shards cost 330 tokens, so with your stockpile alone you are 100 tokens short.

You are incorrectly assuming that currency is the only way to get more shards.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What's the well known information that states *when* RC gets moved out of the prize box?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    What's the well known information that states *when* RC gets moved out of the prize box?

Did I ever claim that as a fact? You are the one saying that I'm wrong with no proof, as you so helpfully quoted above.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I didn't realize until now how much that sucks. Assuming that conquest currency stays as tight as it is now (and there's no indication it should change), it basically means no more RC shards for now unless we want to spend crystals or give up on the next conquest character. And then the long, annoying hard node farm...

I bought no RC shards since CAT came out, am sitting on 3200 currency, and will be at like 50/100 on RC after this conquest. I am very happy :sunglasses:

So you can 7* it if you spend your whole stockpile and some of the tiny surplus from next conquest (assuming the pricing stays the same). Thanks for illustrating my point.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    If you are now saying you were just guessing when you said that, ok cool.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Just looked and I’m at 53/100 on RC. Not sure how but I must have bought shards but I don’t remember doing so lol!?!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Just looked and I’m at 53/100 on RC. Not sure how but I must have bought shards but I don’t remember doing so lol!?!🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm the same, 53/100. Bought all the shards before CAT was released.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    And still no indication why is my assumption wrong, even though you seem so certain about it. Unless you provide some proof, my assumption is at least as good as yours. In fact, getting just enough shards in 3 conquests seems to be deliberate design that wouldn't make much sense otherwise, so there is some basis for my assumption.

The wrong part comes in when you say you can only buy it with currency.

1) Neither of us knows *when* they'll move it out of the prize box.
    2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

2) Once they do, you can also buy with crystals, which are not capped nor are they limited in availability.

Crystals are not limited. That must be the best joke of the forum.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Currency is limited. There is a hard cap on both how many you earn per conquest and how many you can save up.

You can buy as many crystals as you want AFAIK.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Currency is limited. There is a hard cap on both how many you earn per conquest and how many you can save up.

You can buy as many crystals as you want AFAIK.

All of this is true. Just in case anyone wasn't clear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I left one thing out, I should have said "you can buy or save up as many crystals as you want."

This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.
    :|

• Kyno wrote: »

This is a lie, I cannot afford as many crystals as I want, so no I cant buy them all.

He said can. Not should. Many people buy things they can't really afford.

For the purposes of CAT and razor Crest shards, the required amounts of crystals would likely be below the typical credit limit most people have on a credit card. So for the purposes of the discussion, crystal purchases once they reach a store are not gated in the way conquest rewards are.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

He said can. Not should. Many people buy things they can't really afford.

For the purposes of CAT and razor Crest shards, the required amounts of crystals would likely be below the typical credit limit most people have on a credit card. So for the purposes of the discussion, crystal purchases once they reach a store are not gated in the way conquest rewards are.

BIT4TTM.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I believe in you, friend, as always.
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Night2 wrote: »
    i hope they leave possibilty to earn more than 20 shards a month for people which miss initial run or couldn`t earn top red box for whatever reason. so i can have both in about a year

It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

It is likely when CAT makes the transition to the RC position, the red box rewards will be what RC is now, and still open to buy the 20 shards from the merchant.

Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Is it? RC came before the cadence for conquest characters was established, I don't think we can base anything on it. There will definitely be some shards, though, so it's safe to say that we will be able to get more than 20 in the following months.

Yes it is.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

The dev post says that when they release a new character the older unit (CAT) will remain in the box but with slightly reduced amount awarded.
    s38m9ntakpsj.png

Does it say that it will be the same amount as RC is now? No. So your reply is irrelevant.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

s38m9ntakpsj.png

Does it say that it will be the same amount as RC is now? No. So your reply is irrelevant.

Being that its evidence based, it's more relevant than this reply.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited July 2021

s38m9ntakpsj.png

Being that its evidence based, it's more relevant than this reply.

So far, the only convincing argument to think that it won’t be 44 was that it’s more a ‘ship’ number of shards imo. Speculating that it could be 45 is not a stretch, but not game changing ^^
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Any update on the farming of the rest of our needed RC blueprints? I really thought that would hit with this update. iirc, one of the original posts about the RC said the plan was to eventually move it to a node.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Any update on the farming of the rest of our needed RC blueprints? I really thought that would hit with this update. iirc, one of the original posts about the RC said the plan was to eventually move it to a node.

@AM2Rainman
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021
    0o0hg0yyxdf5.jpg
  • CAT can go jump off a cliff. I just need 30 more RC shards by September 18th!!!
  • I totally lost track of this thread in July. Wow. It got real weird up in here, didn't it?

Anyway. I'll bet you a dollar everything is fine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Any update on the farming of the rest of our needed RC blueprints? I really thought that would hit with this update. iirc, one of the original posts about the RC said the plan was to eventually move it to a node.

@AM2Rainman
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021
    0o0hg0yyxdf5.jpg

I guess I was just optimistic in thinking the RC was not following that path since they did not reduce the amount of blueprints we got in the boxes. Just seems weird since they also specifically state shards although that could be a general statement I suppose.