Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    I would love to see the addition of 5-10 more TW reward brackets.
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

Thoughts?

Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

You guess wrong, but who's counting.

Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The current structure incentivizes some of top 100 guilds to sandbag, making for lopsided matchmaking.
    Example: New reward brackets at the 250M, 275M, 300M, 330M, 360M, 400M and 450M GP where the rewards for losing a match in your bracket is equivalent to winning a match two brackets down.

Alternatively (or additionally), matchmaking could be improved through consideration of average TW participant GP (+/- 10%), or simply the number of TW participants per side (+/- 4).

I believe any/all of the above would greatly alleviate the occurrence of TW matches where the outcome is near certain before defense is set. I personally would like to have a reason to try to win, or keep a winning streak going.

Thoughts?

Speaking of TW, just include the number of participants into the matchmaking. GP only is too easy to game, it has been known for ages and nothing has been done. I guess CG doesn't care as long as it's the whales who benefit.

Then give any other reason why this problem hasn't been touched. Not sure if it was even acknowledged, and it's plaguing TW for how long? Years? If you have any actual proof that I am wrong, share it and I will gladly admit my mistake. Except you won't, as usual.

First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Thoughts?

First, the data they pulled showed no significance in win ratio. That alone was why this persisted, because, ya know, data.

They are looking into it, along with other things related to TW, but stuff takes time.

I'm not going to try and convince anyone they care, everyone has their personal feelings about, well everything. But I will point out that when people say they only care about money, do they think that the devs here are just rolling around in $100 Bill's. From my understanding they are not. The dev team is comprised of a group of individuals passionate about their job and care a lot about the success of the game and the things they do. This is hard to see from an outside perspective, sure I get that, but this attitude towards them is just an internet generational thing of dehumanizing people due to internet anonymity and is not actually true.

No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thoughts?

No significance in win ratio? Is this a joke? Are we a joke to them? Anyone with at least half a brain can see what happens when a whale guild sandbags. Do you think that they would do it if it didn't impact the win ratio? That 10 - 15 people would just be like "yeah guys, I'm gonna sit this one out for no reason whatsoever"?
    And if they are "looking into it" like they were at the officer tools thread, they might as well not bother. It won't happen within the lifespan of this game anyway.
    They (and you) keep talking about how "passionate" they are, but the game is stale, communication is all but nonexistent and obvious improvements are ignored. Individuals may be passionate, but as a whole, it's just another corporation. EA gonna EA, and a few small fish with passion won't change that. Gone are the times of Kozi's enthusiasm, Carrie's sometimes ill-thought but honest communication, and even Doja's initial optimism...
    But that's enough ranting. Hopefully the RA brings more than just another GL. Not holding my breath, though.

That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

Yes please dont hold your breath, that can have bad side effects.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Thoughts?

That was earlier not early in TW life, just not recent. Again, you want to act like they dont care about what they do and that's not a joke.

I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thoughts?

I don't want to act that way. In fact, I would much prefer not to. It's just that the reality is what it is. As a scientist, I'm of course open to be convinced otherwise with actual evidence.

What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.
  • I just wanted thoughts on what can be done to help improve the extent to which TW is an engaging game mode. This discussion about "if CG cares" is over-done, mostly irrelevant, and off-topic for this thread.

Is it possible to have the discussion center around the points I brought up? The future of TW?

It sounds like maybe they are working on it? More details would be great on that front.
    And while the data may "show no significance" in win ratio, but the two matchups (in the past 6 weeks) my guild (270M GP) has had with 350-400M GP guilds has felt significant to my guild members. Frankly, it's disengaging, which is bad for all parties. So, the occurrences may be insignificant (statistically or otherwise), but still seems to be recognized as an issue.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I just wanted thoughts on what can be done to help improve the extent to which TW is an engaging game mode. This discussion about "if CG cares" is over-done, mostly irrelevant, and off-topic for this thread.

Is it possible to have the discussion center around the points I brought up? The future of TW?

It sounds like maybe they are working on it? More details would be great on that front.
    And while the data may "show no significance" in win ratio, but the two matchups (in the past 6 weeks) my guild (270M GP) has had with 350-400M GP guilds has felt significant to my guild members. Frankly, it's disengaging, which is bad for all parties. So, the occurrences may be insignificant (statistically or otherwise), but still seems to be recognized as an issue.

The data is old, and this is being looked at, I am sorry if my mention of data is confusing the situation, the current climate is a "newer" situation where guilds are less concerned about going in full. (I was asked why this has persisted)

This is not a discussion thread, just a listing of ideas about things they may discuss in other information releases Doja is trying to work out.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Thoughts?

What you believe cannot be unproven, no matter your profession. They are people, they do a job they enjoy, and yes they are passionate. Since I am fairly certain you have not spoken to many or maybe even any of them directly, your conclusion about things they feel about what they do is base on no evidence. I will also add, them caring and being passionate is not based on your belief of that.

My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Thoughts?

My conclusion is based on indirect evidence (bugs left to fester, sorely needed improvements being ignored, changes like kyrotechs...), which is the only kind of evidence I can get. You may or may not have more direct evidence, but you never share it, so I treat it as nonexistent until you do.
    And I'm far from the only one with this kind of sentiment, so maybe try thinking about what causes it instead of constantly blaming me.

I'm not blaming you, I am just not here to change someone's beliefs.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Thoughts?

So stop telling me that I'm wrong without proof. Thanks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021

Thoughts?

So stop telling me that I'm wrong without proof. Thanks.

I have spoken with many of them (among other reasons), and I can assure you that, that is more proof than you have that you are wrong about them caring.

I would also like to point out that what you are calling evidence, from a "psuedo scientific standpoint", would be considered incomplete and biased, but there is no point to doing that, as you are the scientists and should be fully aware of that.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

Thank you for understanding that they do care.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.
  • Why is there still a lockout on what gear can be requested? Fully crafted and higher end gear cannot be requested even though some guildmates would happily share.

And not all lower end gear seams to be available to scrap. I have recycled most of my extra gear that can be, but still find some that I have over a thousand of and cannot scrap it.
  • Aspromalee wrote: »
    Why is there still a lockout on what gear can be requested? Fully crafted and higher end gear cannot be requested even though some guildmates would happily share.

And not all lower end gear seams to be available to scrap. I have recycled most of my extra gear that can be, but still find some that I have over a thousand of and cannot scrap it.

Hey yes! Darn it I want this
  • I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.

20%
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.
    Of what relevance is “doing 2 at a time”?

• BobaFettish86
    584 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims, doing 2 at a time. Now I'm lucky if I get 1. I'd call it rng but this is happening consistently now. On the very rare occasion I get 2 I feel like I've won the lottery. Right now the grind for G12/13 is so painful. Mk8 biotech implants in particular have an awful drop rate.

At one time folks reckoned simming two at a time yields better results.

And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

And it definitely doesn't feel like 20%. Am I really being shafted by RNG? The fleet nodes seem particularly poor.

It will never feel like what it is, but the data doesn't care about your feelings. It is heartless, but consistent.😉
  • Kyno wrote: »

It will never feel like what it is, but the data doesn't care about your feelings. It is heartless, but consistent.😉

Haha well at least I'm not going crazy then. That's fine, I'll get SEE, JKLS in a couple of years. Might take 3 to get executor with r8 requirements as I don't have the gp for hard conquest and not enough r5s for CRancor. 😞

“Reckoned”, “feel like”.

It makes no difference how many sims you do at a time, and the rate is 20%.

If you are doing 2 at a time with a 20% chance of success on each sim, here are your odds:

0 drops: 64% chance
    1 drop: 32% chance
    2 drops: 4% chance

Hope that helps.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I would like to know the drop rate on nodes for G12+ epic and legendary pieces. I used to get at least 4-5 from 15 sims,

Since the expected rate should net you 3 per 15, you should feel lucky.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Is there a way to auto-ban certain users (posting vulgar and **** images over and over) from the forums that continually create new accounts using new emails by using their IP address instead of using accounts?
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Is there a way to auto-ban certain users (posting vulgar and **** images over and over) from the forums that continually create new accounts using new emails by using their IP address instead of using accounts?

Not sure about auto-ban, but it is definitely possible to be IP banned here.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Not sure about auto-ban, but it is definitely possible to be IP banned here.

Thanks, hopefully that gets resolved. Annoying that threads are closed because some **** continues to post vulgar images. I’m not a fan of the road ahead, but just stop with the spamming already.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.
This discussion has been closed.