124Next

Replies

• There’s already a post discussing this, I’d move further discussion there
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    XKurareX wrote: »
    The real fix would be the use of factions
    > Zombie to actually require a Nightsister as leader to revive
    > Armorer to only give Beskar Armor to Mandalorians (that buff is absolutely unbalanced and will in future anyways do more problems than anything else)
    > Wat Tambor to have full tech strength only with Separatists (or remove them on his death)

That would truly break the game in half. You my friend have very bad ideas. You scare me.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    artusa wrote: »
    Does that mean zombie will get a nerf? If so, then let me retort.
    This whole thing is in response to JMK with CAT and not so much CAT in general.
    As of now the community hasn't found any non-GL friendly counters to JMK/CAT. All we have is GL counters and very weird GL counters. Rey has a counter, SEE has his, JML has his but if you nerf zombie then SLKR has nothing. The combination of JMK and CAT is too strong and unbalances the game.
    A fix would be great but if anyone should get a nerf then it should JMK.

They said they are looking into improving the AI targeting, not nerfing toons
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    As of now the community hasn't found any non-GL friendly counters to JMK/CAT. All we have is GL counters and very weird GL counters. Rey has a counter, SEE has his, JML has his but if you nerf zombie then SLKR has nothing. The combination of JMK and CAT is too strong and unbalances the game.

ok thank you, I can show this to my shard chat. People are losing their minds. This combo is so broken that everyone is scared of what might out of this.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Pisoko wrote: »
    Maybe you play for bad AI

I invest and mod my toons to hold on defense, and poor AI means others can drop me in arena or beat my GAC teams

Which is bad for me

Relying on poor decisions by opponent to win means I’m bad at the game and need to git gud

If you use hard counters or soft counters properly even a perfectly playing AI can’t win

This only makes sense if you have a meta with hard and soft counters for every team, the lack of which is exactly what is being critized in this thread. If there are no reliable counters for JMK + CAT you have a stale mirror match meta and this kills the game.

JMK with GAS, JKL, JKR does the trick reliably

An even an improved AI can't help that team win against it due to the mechanics of both teams

Which breaks your JKR team, your Gas team, and is utilizing JML/JKL. What an expensive team. With expanded GAC, good luck saving that every round.

There should be an advantage in GAC/TW

Why? All GLs are comparable, remember?

"comparable" /= "exactly the same"

Also, they didn't say anything about their squads (including CAT btw).

CAT was advertised in JMK synergy suggestions and JMK was advertised in CAT synergy suggestions. Granted, it's not the same post that mentions JMK being on par with other GLs - that was Road Ahead: April 2021 where they announced both CAT and JMK.

Well yes, exactly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

ok thank you, I can show this to my shard chat. People are losing their minds. This combo is so broken that everyone is scared of what might out of this.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of nerfs too

Even though i have JMK + CAT, i also have to face other JMK + CATs myself in TW / GAC without my own, so its not like i don't understand some of the issues people have with having meta only counters

Fortunately, you can take out this team using other expensive toons, if needed
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member

What's your complaint?

JMK needs a counter that breaks nothing and shouldn't cost you anything to beat with?????

do you really think that's reasonable ask??

The original complaint was that the team has no counters outside mirrors, but it does, and now the issue is that its costly to beat it?

What's the next complaint if there is a less costly team?

"Why do i need a team to counter JMK? I should be able to solo Vader it tbh"

Actually, Yea kinda. JMK is supposed to be on par with the other GLs, from CG themselves, and the GLs counter each other.

You obviously have zero experience of any high end PvP at all. You listed a counter that takes 3(!!!) Possible SLKR counters and tears them up. JKR/JKL? Spent. JML w/ (misc jedi)? Gone. Gas cheese? Gone.

So, mastermind, tell me how you deal with two walls of 50 SLKRs, and 50 JMK/Cat crisscrossed.

Ill wait. You're getting into the empty cupboard scenarios depending on Modding.

You can act like that is reasonable, but it isn't. Just continue showing how inexperienced you are at strategy, though. Its stunning.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    .... and soon the JML/GAS counter won't work at all. Lol.
  • This topic has really aged well with today's road ahead.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    This topic has really aged well with today's road ahead.

I know, right? Now we don't even know if JML will still work because they are changing 2 toons required for the JMK counter.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    In a month
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    In a month

8 days left of July. not that far away.
  • Ultra wrote: »

This response aged well...
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    If you use hard counters or soft counters properly even a perfectly playing AI can’t win

This is just wrong.

lol

Tell me what perfect decisions AI can make to beat my SLKR with Phoenix :wink:

That's not hard/soft counter. That's an overkill.

Funny how y'all keep changing definitions to avoid the problems with your own arguments

Funny how you used an absolutely absurd example to “counter” the argument. Phoenix vs SLKR…absurd.

Yes, it is possible to lose a hard or soft counter when played correctly against proper AI; there are RNG aspects involved: dodges, resists, crits or not etc.

(Note: I didn’t weigh in on this earlier because I agree with you in principle on the other aspects of the AI issue: the real discussion not this farce with Phoenix vs SLKR)
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    > Armorer to only give Beskar Armor to Mandalorians (that buff is absolutely unbalanced and will in future anyways do more problems than anything else)
    > Wat Tambor to have full tech strength only with Separatists (or remove them on his death)

No. You cannot nuke numerous other toons because of the problem of a singular toon's interactions. You fix the singular toon, not everyone else.

Exactly - thats why you fix those extreme buff toons. Same reason they remove ignore defense from GAS/JKL + remove Thrawn fracture for GLs
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member

That would truly break the game in half. You my friend have very bad ideas. You scare me.

Beskar Armor:
    1 Stack: +50% Defense and +15% Max Health
    2 Stacks: Recover 30% Protection at the end of turn
    3 Stacks: +100% Counter chance and can't be critically hit

Wat Tambor:
    Chiewab Medpac: Recover 5% Health and Protection at the start of every character's turn, and 5% bonus Protection if this character is a Separatist

Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection

BlasTech Weapon Mod: Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; Attacks ignore defense and enemies defeated by this character can't be revived

Those break the game together with HP pools of GLs
    Thats why they nerf Ignore defense from GAS/JKL + remove thrawn fracture for GLs
  • Ultra wrote: »
    fajha_jaba wrote: »
    CG is concerned about balance? CAT *is* the imbalance. They fail to recognize that they are widening the rift between top tier rosters who can max conquest rewards, and those that can't.
    They are discouraging new to moderate roster players, who are supposed to be the future of the game. Those players who theory craft and find ways to win and climb in arena.
    It's an incredible lack of foresight to listen to people cry about poor AI. If you want to get around AI, petition CG to develop real-time PVP gameplay. Better yet, play chess with someone.
    No idea how to make sure someone at CG sees this post, but I'd be curious to hear a rebuttal.

Maxing out conquest isn't hard

New players will face other newer players and everyone around them will be at an equal pace

That's hardly a rebuttal; rebuttals are based in facts. You have simply re-stated the delusion.

Added to this ridiculousness, you buffed JMK to the point that if you don't have CAT, you can't win. JMK lead with one unaligned force user that is also Galactic Rebublic (only CAT fits this description) nerfs Sith with defense penetration and retribution not permitted. I was climbing successfully with SEE until that update.

I can't see how LV will be a solution, as his factions include Sith.