[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• I am never going to watch a video for this sort of thing, so I might miss out on some info. Text is always king for me.

Not sure about the changes but seems to be a substantial nerf to non-GL toons. We'll see how it plays out but it's not like GLs aren't already the strongest units by far, so this feels kinda unnecessary.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    sb_stuartj wrote: »
    Did we just get a spoiler for the Bad Batch show?

They interacted with Anakin (as a Jedi) immediately before he went to Coruscant and met with Palps.

It's been fairly obvious BB would be a requirement for a while, I don't know why people were ignoring it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. @chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.
  • - I like the video format, as long as there's always a corresponding text post laying out the most important details. Thumbs up from me on that!

- Vader is cool, as is Maul

- The requirements for the Executor seem horrific, I don't know what they were thinking

- Nice to see that there's going to be changes to Conquest, but unless I missed something they didn't mention changing feats...I hope they do, because doing the same feats every single Conquest has already gotten immensely stale. Changing disks no longer requiring Conquest currency is awesome though

- R9...seriously? And they're still only "looking into" the gear economy with no concrete changes planned? It's been 9 months since they said they'll look into it once the shard economy changes settle into place. Bringing in R9 without changes to the gear economy is just tone deaf
  • Fylik
    12 posts Member
    Basically killing most of soft counters. Or how to make the strategy boring.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    You need to at least give Wat's weapon tech some damage boost if you remove the defense ignore!! It's completely useless against kits that can prevent gaining TM!! Give it at least a 50% boost in offense or something, jeez that's not just a small nerf, that's a huge nerf.

The additional "buff" was done earlier when they removed the CD for his skills.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I don't even mind the relic requirements for Executor, if it's like a GL capital ship? Makes sense. First batch of GL Vader requirements aren't bad either, pretty mixed - 3x BB (good), Tusken (bad), Padme (overkill so rather meh) and GAS (good).
    Some ignore defense / defense penetration changes? Will have to see how this turns out.

But what the actual hell are they thinking with those "excludes galactic legends" changes? Non-GL counter teams are what makes the GL-level GAC games interesting. I can't imagine smth more boring than a "we either both place all of our GL's on defense and block a complete path or keep them all on offense" - that is IF both players have an equal number of GL's, so maybe it IS time to add a "only match players with equal number of GL's" condition. I don't have a perfect roster for GAC matchmaking (keeping chars undergeared on purpose etc.) but I'd say I did pretty good and yet I had to tace someone with all 5 GLs while I only have 3. Still beat him cause he slipped up on fleets and I was able to beat him on efficiency. 5v3 GLs (or even 4v3) in the new format in the future? You probably just lost if we start treating them like a "you're not allowed to beat this without using a GL yourself" -> horrible approach.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?
  • I kinda liked the format, but honestly, you can leave the talk to Doja. He seems to have a better relationship with the camera. Reading the text is not very professional but it was the first time you guys did this, it was okay.

The gamechanges are drastic, and even though you would never admit, we precisely know it only means you cannot keep up with your own insane powercreep anymore. Fair enough.

I dont like the changes, but hey, it's not my call. I think it is safe to remove crumb from the road ahead, and the format is a good idea overall.
  • i play the game because i enjoy being able to counter "all teams" gac will be a loss every time for me now because im in div 4 and everyone has a gl. i do not have 1 because i don't want to waste money on toons that are pointless i enjoy my non gl counters.... you are now nerfing gas Vader wat dark trooper jkl. i will be done with this game if i cant counter GL teams still.... pay to win is already really bad in this game this will make that much much worse.. i wont be spending another dollar on this game going forward. also a refund is more appropriate esp for jkl owners who had to relic a bunch of toons they didnt want just to unlock him.

my 1st gl was going to be lord vader but now this just threw a wrench in it for me. greedy
  • Quick question, why do you hate your player base so much?
  • what a slap in the face to the ppl who develop counters. a lot of the fun for higher end players is the competitive advantage you get from being able to mod and execute these strategies correctly.

this is a terrible direction for the game to be taking and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a mass outcry from players in PvP focused guilds... you know the krakens in the game.
  • AlbinoBandito
    27 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    “We want to create a healthy meta but we don’t want you to beat our babies so we needed all your good characters”. There j fixed it for you CG.

You don’t ever hide that you don’t care about free to play players and this road ahead was a huge middle finger to us. I hope that a different studio makes a new game that creates real competition for you so you can’t continue punishing your players for playing the game. Matchmaking is still an issue with seemingly no interest in fixing it. I am paired against people with GLs in GAC every single round, despite not having one myself, and now the counters I have been working towards for months aren’t going to be a counter anymore. So I’m just expected to lose every single GAC until I eventually get a GL that isn’t relevant anymore and be ok with it? “We take these changes very seriously”. No you don’t. You only take money seriously and you are screwing over those that don’t give you money. Stop lying and just admit you don’t like free to play. This isn’t acceptable and I’m seriously considering getting rid of this game completely. You give me no reason or incentive to play this game anymore.
    Post edited by AlbinoBandito on
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Overall: A Very Disappointing Road Ahead

I like that the Executor is coming to the game as its my favorite capital ship in Star Wars, but the 2 R8 cost is utterly ridiculous, especially considering the difficulty of getting R8 resources.

Maul and Lord Vader - Let those who are excited for them be excited for them. I am ambivalent.

I get the rationale behind some of the impending nerfs, but I absolutely loathe the release of R9 when there is still so much difficultly in getting R8.

Lastly, the reason I call it disappointing is that there was nothing new event-wise announced (except characters). No new Assault Battles, no Ship Assault Battles, no new resource events (Galactic Bounties III), no easing of the gear grind, nothing. Just two extremely hard to get characters and a new Conquest character. In other words, nothing that was announced eases the journey or does anything to make things fun (you could argue Conquest 7 changes, but we will have to see).

So I consider it a massive disappointment.
  • He’s hands down one of the biggest community streamers and deserves to be there.
  • tonnyrat wrote: »
    what a slap in the face to the ppl who develop counters. a lot of the fun for higher end players is the competitive advantage you get from being able to mod and execute these strategies correctly.

this is a terrible direction for the game to be taking and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a mass outcry from players in PvP focused guilds... you know the krakens in the game.

The only people that are happy are krakens because some f2p scrub cant counter them anymore
  • No. Just no. You are not allowed to release Relic 9 until you fix your freaking gear crunch, Capital Games. The Relic climb was hard enough with Relic 7, and 90% of your player base can’t even access Relic 8. You can’t just announce Relic 9 and call it a day without announcing more ways to get more gear and relic materials. Especially those Aeromagnifiers that you’ve conveniently confined exclusively to the impossible Challenge Rancor raid. If you want to bring out Relic 9, then you need to make Relic 8 and all the other relics and gear more accessible. I’m fine with all these new characters coming to the game, but if you’re going to give them steep requirements such as what you’ve unveiled today, then you need to provide a way for us to at least try to meet them.

I love this game, but if you’re going to alienate the F2P playerbase by paywalling all our favorite characters, I might as well just walk away since you have made it clear that you don’t want us here.
  • This is killing the F2P population. CG, I support you guys, but without announcing new marquees or F2P content the optics on this RA are bad. This is an entire post for P2W people, which is fine. But my suggestion would be follow this up with some new marquees or maybe long-awaited reworks for characters like windu, to give the F2P base some love ;)
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    So I assume watt, Gas, JML, vadet ect are all going to be set to g1 and have all the gear, zetas and relics given back to the player, seeing as these are pretty bigs changes and no longer work the way they did when we reliced, zetaed and geared

It said in the video those who have them at Relic 8 will be reduced and refunded to Relic 7. All Dark Troopers are going to be set back to Relic 5.
  • WiseJedi
    217 posts Member
    Nice format and nice to see Crumb and Doja live in action. Entertaining. I feel the joy and effort you got and invest into this team and game.

I really looking forward to see the Executioner and GL Lord Vader but I must admit for the new cap ship those req are really really hard (seems like a GL cap ship to be honest)

The Tusken raider hurts deep. Very deep. It hurts like a rose. ;) *sarcastic applause in the background*

Relict Level 9? Ouch.So I must ask you due to very hard resource management that makes it very difficult for a player to relict a toon to Relict Lv 9. [Serious Question] Do we get better chances for R8-9 specific mats (quantity increase) event, addition loot in assault battles (Please NO new tiers)
    Even relic mats from the range 1-5 are very low and prevents players from relicting toons more effective.

Thx for changing our most critic point regarding changing discs. That's helpful.

In general the RA sounds nice but we miss things like additional daily challenges levels which adds more "critical" gear mats.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. chmoAr0ufif0u

Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?

TW changes are at some level of discussion, but not around this from my understanding and no to GAC from my understanding. They have no intention of basing MM on GLs or other specific toons.
  • Loved the new Road Ahead format!
  • Pariah_Anathema
    310 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    amazing. these nerfs are so terrible and thoughtless, the elimination of a non-GL team beating a GL team so blatant, that i cannot even be excited about the new GL, conquest toon, or cap ship.

over the years, you guys have made some hard derps, but this one takes the cake. you are effectively crapping all over arena, tw's, and gac's.

this is bad and you should feel bad.

I am the Tard of Tards
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    papaofmom wrote: »
    tonnyrat wrote: »
    what a slap in the face to the ppl who develop counters. a lot of the fun for higher end players is the competitive advantage you get from being able to mod and execute these strategies correctly.

The only people that are happy are krakens because some f2p scrub cant counter them anymore

I'm not f2p but I use the same counters f2p do

So I'm just as affected as anyone else

I don't like the idea that GL Depth = instant win in GAC

I don't mind the kit nerfs to vader / luke / wat / GAS, its the "excludes Galactic Legends" on almost everything is the only thing i dislike

I wonder when executrix star date is
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Yes and now those 300k are harder to counter, so 300k of GLs is going to be matched against 300k of non GLs, this gives the non GLs less chance because they are matched on GP not their GL status. This is really bad because its not just the characters that p[layers have invested in its the characters for that specific team - now my Rey counter potentially wont work its not just Vader ive invested in but shore etc.

Its pretty transparent what they are doing and pretty gross.

• Falco3
    60 posts Member
    To all those worried about a nerf, I'm not so sure reading the details. The nerf mostly address ignoring defense abilities, and are offset but substantial buffs. So maybe they're not as good vs GLS, but seem like they're being made into stronger toons overall. Having gas stand up twice as fast is huge, not reducing GL max health is big too, but I wonder how these will balance out. Looks like they took the best NON-GL characters and made them stronger but less likely to counter GLS.
  • CG is straight-up extorting us