[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• I created an account just to say this format is much needed with the video. I absolutely approve of this going forward. It makes it more personable as well as addressing the mindset behind changes. Cheers Dojafett and crumb. Great work!
  • I appreciate the need for changes to protect the GL meta for reasons we probably can't yet see. However without gear changes the game is quickly becoming a very unobtainable mountain to climb...
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Is JKLs repluse actually a buff for him against GLs? Now you hit them 3X and make them vulnerable...

(There's no way it should be the direction they're headed, but you hit a raid boss for like 50,000+ 3X with it...)
  • From a quality perspective, this video was pretty low quality, especially considering the capital behind the game.

In terms of delivering information, I would give it an average rating. Some information (regarding the upcoming) was clear and understandable. Other information concerning the defence changes for example were completely confusing and hasn't actually explained what is changing.

Graphics were pretty nice and consistent, although the addition of video snippets from other media was unnecessary and emoticons were borderline childish.

I have no idea if this was like a last minute decision but the inclusion of green-screened community representatives wasn't a good idea for multiple reasons. Firstly, none of the guys are good presenters. They stutter, swallow words and on multiple occasions I can't understand what they said. Reading of a script is completely fine, but if the script is way below the camera it looks like they are starring at the floor instead of looking t the audience. The inclusion of number of jokes and puns was really unnecessary and dry and if you leave a footage of laughing at your jokes and thus falling to read the following sentence properly, maybe do another take. Both guys sound like they've done a single take only. You can certainly argue that it's just different type of humour (which is fine), but it comes at expense of overall quality of the information. Also the quality of camera on DoJaFett looked cheap and overexposed. If you want to include human presenters in your videos, make sure you get either skilled people, or hire professionals. Otherwise it comes across as ego project.

Editing was done pretty well, but if they had better material to work with, the information could be delivered under 10 min. Overall, the video feels rushed and unprofessional. Pure narration or no voice at all, would actual be better. Once again, considering the amount of money this game is earning, all aspects except Art and Editing were below average,

And I'm not even talking about the actual content delivered in the video and what it means for the game...
  • Removing GL counters from the game removes all strategy from the game. Now the game comes down to who has more GLs and nothing else.

Vader was specifically reworked to give a soft counter to Rey. Now? Nerf him into oblivion vs GLs.

Building non-GL counters is such a cool aspect to the game that shouldn’t be removed.
  • Falco3 wrote: »
    To all those worried about a nerf, I'm not so sure reading the details. The nerf mostly address ignoring defense abilities, and are offset but substantial buffs. So maybe they're not as good vs GLS, but seem like they're being made into stronger toons overall. Having gas stand up twice as fast is huge, not reducing GL max health is big too, but I wonder how these will balance out. Looks like they took the best NON-GL characters and made them stronger but less likely to counter GLS.

they literally took the best non-GL counters and nerfed them. Who cares if JKL is good vs Padme or GG? I'm using him vs JMK and JML and SLK. in GAC i've got 2 GLs and I'm facing ppl with 3 or 4 GLs. Nerfing non-GL counters is basically giving my opponents a free win.
  • The character changes are absolutely appalling. Unless they plan on some how making gear much more easier to get they should not nerf 4 of the best non GL characters.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    You need to at least give Wat's weapon tech some damage boost if you remove the defense ignore!! It's completely useless against kits that can prevent gaining TM!! Give it at least a 50% boost in offense or something, jeez that's not just a small nerf, that's a huge nerf.

The additional "buff" was done earlier when they removed the CD for his skills.

3w0h3qsv1x9d.jpg

Show me where in the road ahead it says something like that? Above that, it doesn't buff the weapon tech, which is the more important thing to do since they are basically making it useless in the CPit.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ally wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. @chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

Yes and now those 300k are harder to counter, so 300k of GLs is going to be matched against 300k of non GLs, this gives the non GLs less chance because they are matched on GP not their GL status. This is really bad because its not just the characters that p[layers have invested in its the characters for that specific team - now my Rey counter potentially wont work its not just Vader ive invested in but shore etc.

Its pretty transparent what they are doing and pretty gross.

If you have an extra 300k in your GP, especially your MM GP, and no GL, that may be your problem right there, and that has nothing to do with the changes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You need to at least give Wat's weapon tech some damage boost if you remove the defense ignore!! It's completely useless against kits that can prevent gaining TM!! Give it at least a 50% boost in offense or something, jeez that's not just a small nerf, that's a huge nerf.

3w0h3qsv1x9d.jpg

Show me where in the road ahead it says something like that? Above that, it doesn't buff the weapon tech, which is the more important thing to do since they are basically making it useless in the CPit.

That is the information I got when I asked.
  • Lexjade
    24 posts Member
    0xrld5wge1h3.png
    Guildmates already got creative lol
  • And nothing to help the gear grind at useless gear levels, devs really don't care about their player base at all. Here comes Kyno to tell me I'm wrong and we should bow down to our masters for the can do no wrong.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Rock paper scissors meta (as desired by the devs) apparently became too much rock paper scissors. We are back where we were 2 years ago. Can only guess that new management is here? Maybe? Not enough income i guess. Tusken Raider relic 5 is just beyond trolling. It's not about the money - we all can do it and we will. But pushing high relic on such useless character is just a spit in the face to CG customers. What kind of company does that? Don't know.
    Post edited by Bartek on
  • Cheers guys it was good seeing all of you. I’m off to a game where the devs actually care about the players. If you go through with these changes (as they’re “subject to change”) it will destroy any balance the game had. You’re getting rid of every non-GL counter to GL’s, which you obviously know if you’re refunding the gear just after an update with a GL that all the others struggle to beat. Let alone requiring one of the characters you just refunded the gear for as a prerequisite to the next GL. Obviously CG has been tone deaf for a while but this is on a completely different level, it’s just a middle finger to their entire player base. I doubt anyone who works at CG plays the game as these changes are absolutely awful and signal a disconnect that’s seems irreparable.
  • I created an account just to say this format is much needed with the video. I absolutely approve of this going forward. It makes it more personable as well as addressing the mindset behind changes. Cheers Dojafett and crumb. Great work!

whale harder bro, take care!
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    Ever hear the term:

You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but only skin 'em once. You're skinning the sheep, CG.

3w0h3qsv1x9d.jpg

So what cooldown? Wat can spam the protection recovery/hot and dot trigger? Thst is also useless in CPit. It's a huge screw over to that, besides also screwing over against GLs. I don't care about being able to restore more protection, I need the damage increase from the WEAPON tech.
  • BrillCounsil7
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    The mechanics changed by these updates will not only break MANY off-meta counters, they will also break many GL cleanups. So even if you use a GL on a GL and lose, the clean up will be harder. That will likely affect lower GP players even more than high GP ones. 0-2 GL, who is going to set theirs on D and use off-meta in that world? It'll be back to half-board and pray GAC.

This one has me thinking about hanging it up. I'm a launch player with 3GL, CAT and KAM. Two weeks ago I was as excited as I've been for the state of the game by finishing GLK ult and getting CAT/KAM all in less than 10 days. INCREDIBLE week. These changes to the core mechanics of GL and GL counters are absolutely crushing. Off-meta counters have always been hard, mod intensive, and requred exacting gameplay. That's the depth that has kept me in the game so long. I will hang out and see how the game goes but I'm extremely sad to see that the game is likely becoming *less* complex.

[edit]n/m
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

Yes and now those 300k are harder to counter, so 300k of GLs is going to be matched against 300k of non GLs, this gives the non GLs less chance because they are matched on GP not their GL status. This is really bad because its not just the characters that p[layers have invested in its the characters for that specific team - now my Rey counter potentially wont work its not just Vader ive invested in but shore etc.

If you have an extra 300k in your GP, especially your MM GP, and no GL, that may be your problem right there, and that has nothing to do with the changes.

I respect you for what you doing there but it's sometimes hard to read. If you are "older" player than a new/whale player you will naturally have more GP, thats the fact.
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    Theres still time CG, you can completely undo everything you have planned, demote Ani to a conquest character and promote Maul to his rightful place as a GL opposed to Kenobi! Maul survived being cut in half and dumped on a trash planet just to get revenge on Kenobi. His desire to kill kenobi went through the clone wars into rebels. He's far more interesting than someone who has 30min of screen time (as Vader) and only shows of power is killing younglings and unarmed separatist leaders
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member

Its a problem cause CG made it a problem suddenly. They keep doing changes we never asked. I am half way to SEE for example, and i have 4 gl. That will make me matched with someone with 5 gl. I already lost.

The problem gets worse with TW. The algorithm is so bad that as I said before we matched with a guild having 40 GL more. What do you expect us to do there?
  • This is just terrible. IMO it will lead to a big collapse and lots of players quitting. You are basically giving the middle finger to those who had taken time to figure out the mechanics of this game and learn counters for gls. Wow just wow. I love this game and it pains me to see this direction being taken.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Yes it has to do with the match making because it doesn't take into consideration that in CG's own words one person has Raid boss GP of 300k and the other person does not. Not everyone can go and grab every GL they just cant get it, and by nerfing specific counters to GLS means you exclude thaose type of players from the game, forcing everyone to go and get GLS. And this is amplified in TW when were often out GL'ed.

You can argue all you like and defend CG which is your lot on here, but everyone can see what its doing this is just bolstering GL's effectiveness and reducing players non GL Counters to GLs, forcing people to go for them.

3w0h3qsv1x9d.jpg

Kyno plz ask them to rename the weapon tech to the turn meter tech plz. It's more honest.
    fr1nbwfee2gi.png