[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• If the current power level of Galactic Legends isn't your "vision" then it seems like you were lying about caring about the health of the game. GL's are already incredibly difficult to beat and in a lot of cases it's completely impossible. And you're looking to BUFF them?! It was already painfully obvious that you hated the F2P/low spender player base, but now you're plainly telling them they have no place in your game. It's despicable and sickening how you're handling the game and you should be ashamed.
  • Will Commander Tano shards still be rewarded at the same rate in Conquest after Maul is added to the reward crate?
  • First impression: these changes are awful. Non-GL counters are most of the fun of TW and GAC. Time for a spending hiatus for me I think. Even though I usually have more GLs than my GAC opponents, I'm not sure I would really want to play a SWGOH without non-GL counters.
  • So your goal is to remove all non GL counters? Are you also going to fix GAC matchmaking? How do you suggest we beat na opponent with more GL's than us when you remove all the f2p or budget counters? You're killing your game and don't even care. Terrible all around.
  • @Kyno
    But you dont think its jumping the shark to say you would gear tuskens over BB?

If you read me in context, that's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is that a new GL is worth spending 2000 kyros, even if some of the required toons are low kyro/gear requirement toons that I don't care much about (like Tuskens).

BB is not worth spending 2000 kyros, particularly as CG seems set on the idea that now that there are sufficient GLs out, that it's time to nerf all nonGL counters to GLs to make it a (near?) requirement to have a GL to beat a GL.

Lord Vader, by having BB required (and there's no reason that the other two BB won't be required), goes from requiring 2k to 2.5k Kyros required to something like 3.5k Kyros required. (More? It depends on future requirements).

I would much rather spend 2k Kyros for GLEE than 3.5k to 4k to get LV. And those are my only GL choices now that GLOW is almost done (just waiting on BKK shards for a couple more weeks).

I just did a big workup of Kyro farming. At the very top end we can expect to see 350, maybe 360/ month Kyros passively farmed. That's it. 3500 kyros is 10 months of passive Kyro farming for the most advanced among us. For anyone less well off, but ready to pursue GLs, it could easily be 14 months of passive farming, and for those persons there may well not be the excess GET2 necessary to seriously farm Kyros actively.

I've been thinking about this, and I almost suggested the other day that it's time for CG to put some Kyros in Fleet battles. It's not crystal efficient to farm Kyros when paying 100 crystals for 120 energy.

So instead of providing extra low cost refreshes, what about just putting a Kyro node on Fleet Battles? This enables more spending on Kyro farming at an affordable rate without changing anything else in the game. It still requires crystal farming. It still requires patience & RNG (so the people who don't farm and prefer to buy Kyros in Shipments will still do that), but now it at least is possible to farm Kyros & Bad Batch shards simultaneously.

After today's announcement, I propose this, which is the same idea, but taken farther, given the ridiculous Kyro requirements in the game now:
    Make the final Fleet/Normal node (Fleet Normal 5H) drop 1 kyro of each type. Move the Mark 6 Medpack to Fleet Normal 4B. Delete the Mk9 Electro Binoculars currently awarded on Fleet Normal 4B. Everyone has a surplus of these anyway.

Finally, in addition to double drop events (or alternating with DD events so you have the same number of such events per year), have Kyro events where every node (or every LS node or whatever) has the standard chance to drop a Kyro in addition to everything else it would normally drop. If this is too much, have events where LS battles have a chance to drop 1 of the Kyros, DS has a chance to drop the other Kyro, and Cantina has a chance to drop Impulse Detectors.

I won't be going for Lord Vader until at least Kyros are added to Fleet Battles, even if you don't add Kyro/Impulse Detector events.

• While the format was great, honestly it's nice. But that's about all of the good.

All of these changes are just going to block FTP players and drive people away. There are too many things in this that are going to backfire horribly. If you send someone with a GL against someone without one, then they will auto lose. There would be literally no reason to play the round. If GAC is fixed to be equal on GLs then maybe, but otherwise this isn't.
  • BB is not worth spending 2000 kyros,

And if it wasn't completely clear, the reason BB is not worth 2000 kyros is because I can get a GL for the same price.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    FaroHylian wrote: »
    Will Commander Tano shards still be rewarded at the same rate in Conquest after Maul is added to the reward crate?

She will be reduced to 44 or 45 shards instead of 90
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?

TW changes are at some level of discussion, but not around this from my understanding and no to GAC from my understanding. They have no intention of basing MM on GLs or other specific toons.

How are they putting GL's on the same level as raid bosses and not including that in the Matchmaking?! Do they even play their own game?
  • Sigh. Just finished digesting most of the content. I say this as a 4.3M account with 1 GL, about 1.5 months away from making it 2 GLs. I routinely match up with accounts that have none.

I'm VERY disappointed that CG is reducing the effectiveness of non-GLs against GLs. The theorycrafting is some of the best part of the game, and it looks like CGs is basically taking it away. In GAC when I match up with someone without a GL, I still need to be cautious and review their roster for GL counters and their history for their skill with said counters. The strategy matchup between a very narrow but developed top end roster (mine) versus someone with a broadly built out roster was very thrilling for me in GAC matches.

Now the best part of the game gets more boring as GAC will really devolve down into "How well does your GL(s) do against their GL(s)?"

Furthermore the relic 9 announcement is even more distressing. It feels as if we JUST got relic 8, it's still hard as hell to get, and its still painful to even get to relic 7 still. It really is shameful that the gear crunch from G1 to G11/G12 hasn't been addressed.

I started my account about a little under 2 years ago and just when I feel like I'm catching up a little bit, this road ahead has me dismayed at the future of the game.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I like how they dropped this while we were discussing metas and counters in other threads. A lot of opinions and arguments aged very poorly.
    This Road Ahead has to be some kind of a joke we don't get.
    Crumb casually says that the defense changes will allow tanks to not get one shot off the board right after they released CAT. Healthy meta apparently means death to non-GL counters. 4* ships with Relic 5-8 pilots.
  • So I see you're making conquest harder as well as nerfing GL counters. Well that's just fantastic! I'm sure that will further improve players enjoyment in the game.

GLs should not be considered "raid bosses". Are we going to be able to bring in multiple teams to beat them in Conquest? No... Well stop it.

I'm excited for Lord Vader. Not excited for your expanding relic requirements.

I'd be excited for Executor, but I'll probably never get it. Reqs seem awfully steep for yet another Empire capital ship. Bring in Nihilis' Ravager.

Maul? Yes, please and thank you.

Relic 9... At least up the rewards on gear. I get adding new levels of relics. But come on, new players are getting hosed so hard.
  • This is not the way.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?

TW changes are at some level of discussion, but not around this from my understanding and no to GAC from my understanding. They have no intention of basing MM on GLs or other specific toons.

How are they putting GL's on the same level as raid bosses and not including that in the Matchmaking?! Do they even play their own game?

Gls should have their power tripled

I'm gonna assume you're joking.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @MasterSeedy I thought your work up was on free Kyros, so your income could be higher than that with farming and other purchases like GET and GAC tokens.

Also with the changes to allow BB to take over and hopefully be more successful in LSGeo TBand KAM mission, they may be worth more investment than you give then credit for, at least to some.
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
    This is the Way
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    Pathetic move GC, completely pathetic.
  • If GLs are raid bosses, then there should be a 50/50 shot for any GL to solo a single phase of RCT.

1 GL vs. 1 Raid Boss should be an even fight. Right?

Right?
  • So I see you're making conquest harder as well as nerfing GL counters.

I'm very concerned about Conquest. So far I've gotten max crate every time. If it becomes impossible to do that, or even just significantly more difficult to do that, I'm going to care a whole lot less about that game mode, even if great toons representing characters I love (like CAT) are released there.

• Im ok with this new road ahead format. But these changes are god awful. For the general player this post was mostly terrible news. ie: relic 9, significant nerfs to GAS, thrawn, wat, vader, gideon, and JKL, no news on if relic 8 will become easier to obtain, a new capitol ship which is needed for BH but has absolutely ridiculous requirements, and the new vader requirements are already looking far more difficult or useless than the Kenobi requirements. The only good news was that maul was confirmed and conquest is being looked at. The news about speed grand arena isn't bad but for the vast majority of players this info is absolutely worthless. This speed grand arena may provide some entertainment for the content creators who get to play it but for us normies we get almost nothing. What we need is the ability to make our own GACs during off seasons to play our guild members or allies or at least a button that allows us to leave GAC. Ive already seen 5 people quit because of this post so for me this feels more like a road out instead of a road ahead
  • Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.
  • First off love the road ahead as a guild leader it’s a great way for me to get the news out to everyone without typing a lot. Keep going with them.
    2nd could we maybe increase the speed at which units are added to the accelerated shard drop that way F2P ppl can get the new characters for these GL’s sooner?
  • These are some of the worst changes I’ve seen in my 5 years of playing this game. It’s starting to get pretty hard even for the moderators on this forum to defend CG.

Yet on every page they seem to try. I’ve got to give you all credit defending CG when they don’t even give you a heads up on the updates.
  • making it so thrawns fracutre wont work on GLs is just wrong.. way to remove the best GL rey counter in the game.. THANKS SO MUCH CG.. just put all GLs on defense and no one will ever win in TW or GAC..