[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    I was having fun climbing up to level 85 to start my Grand Arena grind, but I don't have a few thousand dollars laying around. It was fun while it lasted!!!
  • Options
    Sad
  • Options
    Falco3 wrote: »
    To all those worried about a nerf, I'm not so sure reading the details. The nerf mostly address ignoring defense abilities, and are offset but substantial buffs. So maybe they're not as good vs GLS, but seem like they're being made into stronger toons overall. Having gas stand up twice as fast is huge, not reducing GL max health is big too, but I wonder how these will balance out. Looks like they took the best NON-GL characters and made them stronger but less likely to counter GLS.

    That’s just it though. Countering galactic legends already took a LOT and they’re now making it even harder than before. They say it’s to make the game healthier, but it’s doing the complete opposite. People where afraid that they’d be unkillable monsters, thankfully they weren’t, but CG is forcing that onto the player base. We’re getting more and more GLs and now beating them is essentially going to require other GLs. This isn’t healthy whatsoever, this is just another thing to help them line their pockets. Making these changes will be a huge mistake and they absolutely need to reconsider them.
  • Options
    pånøs wrote: »

    The problem gets worse with TW. The algorithm is so bad that as I said before we matched with a guild having 40 GL more. What do you expect us to do there?

    Do what everyone else does - join TW with like 30 people and beat up on new players.

  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

    The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

    How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.
  • Options
    I like the video addition and agree that the GL need to be placed out of reach of non-GL toons as the requirements for GL unlock are so hard to achieve that the value needs to be in line. However PvP matching needs to be addressed, Players without GL going against a GL opponent is not fun.
  • Options
    Did they already edit the posting? What changed in the description for the Cap ship?
  • Options
    @Kyno
    @MasterSeedy I thought your work up was on free Kyros, so your income could be higher than that with farming and other purchases like GET and GAC tokens.

    It was. And I'm not concerned about my ability to spend GET2, but I am concerned about the ability of people who are at a stage of the game where they should be going after GLs, but aren't as free as I am to use them (maybe they still need one of the cap ships, or maybe they're not getting the g12 needs met without spending GET2, whatever).

    it's still useful to measure passive GET income vs. GL requirements. It's a measuring stick to be used to judge what CG is asking. I don't mean to literally say that people can't get Kyros any other way or that by definition the Kyros will take 14 months to acquire.

    Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    Also with the changes to allow BB to take over and hopefully be more successful in LSGeo TBand KAM mission, they may be worth more investment than you give then credit for, at least to some.

    They may well. I'm one of the 50 Shards of KAM streamers, so if we start getting consistent success with BB, I'll be among the first to know it. But since you can get consistent 90% success rates with 501st + Shaak who require many fewer Kyros and when relic'd help make you eligible for GLOW, it's hard (for me) to see that happening.

    Imagine 2 choices:
    1) 2000ish Kyros for GLOW + a 90% chance to beat KAM and earn shards of a toon who synergizes with GLOW
    or
    2) 3500ish Kyros for LV + a 100% chance to beat KAM and earn shards of a toon who can't possibly synergize with LV

    Even if BB + Omega or BB + someone becomes unbeatable in KAM, the fact that you just can't get more than a 10% success rate boost combined with the fact that one path makes KAM exceptionally useful and the other path makes KAM much less so, the logic doesn't seem compelling.

    Now, where it might be compelling is among people who aren't willing to stream or to watch a large number of runs to learn the strategies necessary to adapt to different KAM runs.

    If you're a loner with no good strategy and your success rate is (generously) 30%, then BB + Omega turns out to have a success rate of 100%, someone who doesn't want to stream or learn strategy might find a lot of value in that.

    The game is subjective, and different people have fun in different ways. I know that there are people who stubbornly try the KAM mission month after month with a low success rate, but who don't bother using resources like 50SoK or their guild streamer. Statistically some of them might find BB tempting for the 100% success rate with no special strategy other than whatever is normal for that squad against any enemy, assuming the success rate really is very high for those people.

    On the whole, though, BB vs. 1 GL is not a contest. CG has made BB a team that only people who are already finished with all the other GLs could find worth the Kyro/relic investment. You have to find people who don't care that they're not objectively worth the investment to find folks willing to relic them while they still have other GLs available to pursue.
  • E3P0
    111 posts Member
    Options
    If you're going to do a video format, fine. But PLEASE, don't omit key points from the text (there is absolutely no mention of relic 9 there, plus no explanation for why all the abilities listed are being altered).
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    LOLOLOLOL We want GL's to remain top tier, because they've been so weak up until this point
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not everyone is about the amount of work/coordination to guarantee 90% success rate of KAM shards. But fair enough.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    The Thrawn nerf hurts. Badly.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not everyone is about the amount of work/coordination to guarantee 90% success rate of KAM shards. But fair enough.

    Shaak is still a KAM requirement so you can't run full 5 team Bad Batch. how Shaak works with BB I've heard is quite underwhelming thus far.
  • Options
    The existence of counters means the game is thriving, people are being creative and interested in the mechanics of the game. It creates greater competition and equality. To stop that is to stagnate the game IMO. I have spent 1.5k annually on this game, I have a GL and a lot of counters. The counters are the fun of the game, they are what takes skill and time pursuit. Anyone can buy a GL and press auto. This post scares me, and makes me feel disconnected from the game.
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

    At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. chmoAr0ufif0u

    I assume you are talking GAC.

    GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

    Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?

    TW changes are at some level of discussion, but not around this from my understanding and no to GAC from my understanding. They have no intention of basing MM on GLs or other specific toons.

    How are they putting GL's on the same level as raid bosses and not including that in the Matchmaking?! Do they even play their own game?

    Gls should have their power tripled

    I'm gonna assume you're joking.

    I'm sorry, but how, is SLKR worth only 50k GP while gas is worth 37k GP?

    Pretty sure GLs are far more powerful than anything else, so why do their power levels not show that.

    Power level and GP aren't the same thing. If all you want them to do is increase GL's GP then I totally agree. But Galactic Legends are already the strongest characters in the game. They don't need any boost to their viability.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I'm so glad the devs have been listening to us, which is why they mentioned ship loadouts!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

    At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. chmoAr0ufif0u

    I assume you are talking GAC.

    GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

    Talking gac and tw. The algorithm might match guilds with big difference of number of mini raid bosses that can't be countered. Same for Gac. Could you at least raise this concern with devs?

    TW changes are at some level of discussion, but not around this from my understanding and no to GAC from my understanding. They have no intention of basing MM on GLs or other specific toons.

    How are they putting GL's on the same level as raid bosses and not including that in the Matchmaking?! Do they even play their own game?

    Gls should have their power tripled

    I'm gonna assume you're joking.

    I'm sorry, but how, is SLKR worth only 50k GP while gas is worth 37k GP?

    Pretty sure GLs are far more powerful than anything else, so why do their power levels not show that.

    Power level and GP aren't the same thing. If all you want them to do is increase GL's GP then I totally agree. But Galactic Legends are already the strongest characters in the game. They don't need any boost to their viability.

    CG disagrees.
  • Options
    Ok I have reached a breaking point,first the new format is sweet and all especially showing the characters and not imagining how they will be made after months and months,this is great.

    But now I wanted to let it out of my head because holy,this post is a lot of things,disappointing,greedy,terrible,painful,depressing and hopeless,still has some positive points.

    The Executor amazing! I always wanted to see this ship and have it,having a super star destroyer on your team who wouldnt want that? and he has...BH synergy..? for like...the few minutes that bh were on the executor..and also the personal ship of lord vader is for piett? Ok...so piett only took over the destroyer in eps 6 the battle of endor..and even then he has bh synergy? if you say that is for the reason "of having a bh capital ship and balance purposes" Fine. Now what is even worse is this

    Requirements to View and Begin the Event:

    Vader Relic 7
    Piett Relic 8
    Boba Fett Relic 8
    TIE Pilot Relic 5
    Bossk Relic 5
    IG88 Relic 5
    Dengar Relic 5

    Ships Required to Complete the Event:
    Razor Crest (5-stars)
    Slave I (4-stars)
    IG-2000 (4-stars)
    Hound's Tooth (4-stars)
    TIE Advanced (4-stars)
    TIE Bomber (4-stars)
    Imperial TIE Fighter (4-stars)

    WHAT?I SHOULD RELIC UP ALL THIS CHARACTERS BUT THE SHIPS TO C O M P L E T E IS 4 AND 5? sure razor crest is a conquest thing but Im going to talk about it after.BUT having myself suffer from all the relic grind then to simply enter the event and then easily beat with a 4 5 star ship...I cant believe that people thought this would be something that would be "yeah lets do it",if it was 7 stars ok..? but even then 4 capital ships are already extremely hard to have in a f2p perspective and sometimes even p2p,well for p2p it was but then CG put some shards on the shipments shop..so..yeah..that is a bummer,especially after making the new and shiny GLS and CAT hard to have,an normal 7-star event wouldnt hurt the game and not everyone would 1 day have the ship.


    New characters Maul and Lord Vader,already expected both although tusken raider..at relic 5..yikes pity for those who will go after him,still I hope in the event you can kill the tuskens and be a well done event as the last GL Kenobi event that was a perfecto as for Maul I hope something like CAT and JMK synergy with Lord Vader to destroy this absolute and op meta that is rising on the game and when JKR we thought then it was scary,now we have insta kill in the first turns,dear god..

    Conquest,Oh Conquest,my favorite and sweet mode,after that update they massacred you into a grind and painful one if I might add,I went from a full clear to barely scratching the 2nd sector with that GAS as a boss,now I wont complain a lot about it because I havent seen the full extent of the new things to come,all Im gonna say is that I dont want to see is a team that can take 5 million turns even tho my vader is 255 speed and with a full empire/sith team can go to +300 speed (not counting the Leader´s Resolve Buff) and even then being forced to use my best team when Stamina is a thing Im just losing time and a team,also no GAS no GL in normal mode at least,these characters are the top of the top and in normal mode is not everyone that is capable of countering everything and fighting a reliced SLKR or Rey is even worse,if you insist in having GLS at least put the old ones back,they were easy and it could give the non spending players at least a chance and have rewards to help them in the game and gearing their characters a little more,the data disks seems cool,but then there is that thing,ok Im immune to daze stun and AB,alright...but the massive damage? Tm reduction? Preventing bonus TM? Cooldown Increase? like these mechanics give an overwhelming advantage on other teams and "when an ally attacks out of turn they recover 6% health" aham...what if my entire team is dead or Health Immunity is a thing,Im not saying bring the DCS back,Im fine without it even though that what it was fun about it...but if it was from a balance purpose ok...but that doesnt mean lets elevate the hardness of conquest and make it a boring and stressful mode...this is my request..

    Defense is something really trivial as it was said,sometimes I see my shoretrooper a tank character sometimes getting one shot even against enemies on his level ,the function of a tank is to take up the damage and be an annoyance but he is just,*puff*,the only toons I have seen that defense made something was ofc all the GLS,Malak,Stormtrooper and Dark Trooper,I noticed that the stormtrooper in special has some amazing defense,even GAS relics were just scratching him,if this is a thing and how defense was working well that is great to hear and help on the tanks,that is a positive thing.

    I think this is the major thing that will shake the game that basically almost all of the f2p GL counters were nerfed to oblivion,now...if GL was a easy thing and less powerful than now,this wouldnt be a thing,but GL are the top of the top,I dare say Gods of the game,they are hard to acquire? yes. people need effort,time and patience on it? yes. Will they have an amazing time with it? yes. But you shouldnt be like "I have the best toy in my toy box so I can smash any other toy because mine is the best",this is a game with different people different roasters,so for you that has a GL but you keeping finding people that has none of it,do you think it is fun for them? do you think it is fun to stomp just because you have an overpriced character? If you said yes,then it is your opinion,but for me,everyone should have fun in first place in a game,lets be serious to those that arent p2p,this games is terrible,the rewards are poor,the matchmaking sometimes is horrible picking non gl players with gl players (yeah there is non gl counters to gl,I mean..there was bcs now RIP),the gear grind,the realization that those so beloved heroes that you want to have are simply beyond your reach..and to improve you gotta merely spend or wait years and years just for a game...this game has its problems,and every game will have,but at this point...just why make gl a raid boss...they are already monsters on their own regard,they have their own place on the meta beating everything...why make it even worse...

    What gave me a little anxiety is the talk of "prolonging the years", listen this is important,but after these reqs,these changes something has started to itch in myself,why trying to take every chance to take our money in a game when you want to prolong the game..yes we all need to make money..but there is a difference between this and greedy,2 relic 8 on a event that I will need 4 5 star ship...(yes Razor crust is a little grind even if you have max crate but 5 stars,not even 7),that made me feel really disappointed and after 2 months I have held my fingers to type something,because it wouldnt matter...typing this much and wasting my time..but this is post just..picked on my nerve,I had patience,I thought this gear grind,rewards,raids and a ocean of content would be coming with plenty of fixes..but this is what we get...more pay walls and more p2p characters...

    CG from the bottom of my heart,I cant believe that we have reached this low.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

    The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

    How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.

    The new player experience for the game is already trash. So making it even more daunting for a new player to come into the game definitely effects new players. Getting a GL takes well over a year even if you start going for them immediately after starting your account.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

    The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

    How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.

    Overall game balance affects every player. Whether you are new or old you won't be able to use the counters that work today.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Puh, I already expected extended requirements for Vader, but that? Also for the ship. Even if our guild won the cpit yesterday the first time and the lense crunch has an end, R8 and r9 ... Needs a lot.
    What this news definitely showed me is, that not matter what money I already spent , it will ever be too less. So the only conclusion for me is to absolutely stop investing money.
  • Tintguy
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I'm f2p currently gearing for JMK, this road ahead simply tells me to quit, my time has no value, my engagement is not wanted
  • Options
    It looks like they are going to kill the free to play players with these changes!
  • Options
    These are the least free to play friendly changes I've ever seen in a game. Congratulations on the new low CG.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    most of my opponents that still play whaled somehow on an GL and the rest of the roster is mostly weak.

    so the only way to compete with them is VADER.
    I planned my roster especially for this.

    no matter how much my roster is developed, my entire GAC is now almost completely destroyed or worthless to enter, because now someone needs to put any GL on the defensive? ... and the rest can just stay with much weaker teams?

    you call that "health of the game?"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    th3evo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

    The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

    How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.

    Overall game balance affects every player. Whether you are new or old you won't be able to use the counters that work today.

    New players need fewer counters and can have more laser focus on their roster. Yes it does effect them but not nearly the same way.
  • Options
    Thank You CG!! Finally some right sizing and reducing the power creep. Can't wait for all these changes !! But please enough with cap ships and add more ships! Fleets is such RNG crud right now..
Sign In or Register to comment.