Replies

• Connor_Phillipz
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.

Overall game balance affects every player. Whether you are new or old you won't be able to use the counters that work today.

New players need fewer counters and can have more laser focus on their roster. Yes it does effect them but not nearly the same way.

But it does still effect them in a negative way. The early part of swgoh is already an unenjoyable, grindy mess, so adding more reasons not to play the game on top of that will push more people away. But CG only cares about people who spend 10s of thousands of dollars so why would they want to encourage new people to play their game?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    Happy with Lord Vader, Executor and Maul... unhappy with requirements, grinds, power changes, and overall, letting down the entire F2P base.
  • MBRedline
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I wonder if the people spending tens of thousands like the content creators will continue to play and spend when the FTP or the spend-less (like myself) quit? I mean if the creators lose their following and views, will they continue to spend??? No lol.

Basically if you hurt the FTP to a point of departure you kill the game
  • CG talks about prolonging the game but doesn't add new events or game modes. BBQ Anakin seems like one last cash grab before the game goes away completely.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Not everyone is about the amount of work/coordination to guarantee 90% success rate of KAM shards. But fair enough.

Shaak is still a KAM requirement so you can't run full 5 team Bad Batch. how Shaak works with BB I've heard is quite underwhelming thus far.

Shaak has never been a requirement, she's just allowed to do the battle. the only unit that has ever been required has been Arc Trooper, and they are removing that requirement. Just FYI.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It looks like they are going to kill the free to play players with these changes!

You can freely get a GL though
  • Thanks for removing the conquest disk swapping cost. And big cheers for new Maul.
    Please reconsider introducing relic 9, maybe even remove relic 8 and focus more on new content.
  • AJTP1
    1 posts Member
    Legit question-can anyone name an impactful, good reason to be happy about this?
  • Gurken
    59 posts Member
    CG talks about prolonging the game but doesn't add new events or game modes. BBQ Anakin seems like one last cash grab before the game goes away completely.

BBQ Anakin, I like that! He totally is, he only has 30mins as LV in ep3 before he becomes Darth Vader we all know and fear
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Well i liked the format... hated the content.

Not really liking the direction with the changes and im not feeling the chase of a ship meta and a gl all at once
  • Cobraclutch
    24 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Question for Kyro:

Is there any concern on how the changes for JKL and GAS are going to effect JML's interaction with other GL's?

Currently JKL and GAS are huge pieces of a JML squad, I am concerned that JML's viability vs other GL's will be directly effected due to these changes.
  • Coming from someone who has four GL’s…it doesn’t bother me we have non-gl counters. Good for someone who can make it work…GAC is already boring and dated with crap rewards. If I lost because of it…who cares. The new games modes like conquest really don’t help the gear crunch as is fast becoming stale. The help with the gear economy was supposed to come before relic 8…now we are moving on the relic 9. No help yet. Really? So much for gathering data on the gear economy when they made changes to the shard economy…another middle finger to the player base.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    CG have responded!

1tbozv0a8d3k.png
  • It is terrible that they're adding another Empire Cap Ship without having 2 full Empire fleets available, much less a single Resistance or FO fleet.

And again, I just have to say, requiring r8 toons but 4* ships for a Cap Ship quest is an insult to fleet. Requiring any relics at all on the pilots of 4* ships is an insult to fleet. 7* ships and r3 pilots might be justifiable. This is just gross.

And yet, thinking about it honestly, the only thing that can salvage the terrible LV requirements is if they actually require a 7* Executor (and thus an r8 Boba, etc., etc.) and just make it clear that no matter what GLs you have, Vader isn't for you unless he's the only GL left to get.

If they make it completely obvious that he's the last thing in the game you'll ever acquire, then maybe I won't care that he's so much more expensive than everyone else and that the Bad Batch requirements have literally nothing to do with Lord Vader's story and character development.

Heck, require that you have every toon in the game at 7* before you can see the Vader event, so that when they release new toons you lose access to the event until those toons hit 7* as well.

Make him the final toon of all toons, and then the Krakens can have their fun and none of the rest of us have to care.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Assuming the Executor is a ship-equivalent of a GL, we're probably going to get a LS opposite in a few months. So that'll be even more r8 requirements incoming very soon. Possibly even the first r9.
  • MBRedline
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    It looks like they are going to kill the free to play players with these changes!

You can freely get a GL though

Try this... two players take different paths, one shoots straight for slkr, the other takes a detour or two, goes for gas, then chewy, then heads towards SEE. These two players get matched in gac.

The first FTPd slkr, the second spent thousands of crystals perfecting a counter to slkr, trying different mods and refreshing arena everyday.

In their match, the first puts slkr on defense, the second tears him a new one and wins the match....Why? Because he was a better player.

This has been my experience through my entirety of the game till now.

In the new conditions the one with slkr wins by default, not because of skill or money spent.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Question for Kyro:

Is there any concern on how the changes for JKL and GAS are going to effect JML's interaction with other GL's?

Currently JKL and GAS are huge pieces of a JML squad, I am concerned that JML's viability vs other GL's will be directly effected due to these changes.

There are always concerns, but if I say it was tested I will just start a whole another line of conversation.

They will keep an eye on any effects this change has and will react accordingly to anything unexpected or undesirable.

Also I assume you meant Kyno, if not I will let Kyro speak for themself. 🙃
  • If we get a LS counterpart to the Executor, they can give it 5M gp and then 3* in LS Fleet p4 will finally be physically possible to achieve.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Updated:
    7thh0nhqs1oo.jpg
  • Overall I liked the video idea and commend them for trying it. It certainly could've had a little better quality in editing and their speaking but I can chalk that up to this being the first time they've done something like this and it would get more polished over time. I chuckled at the dad jokes (little things like "over-mauled") and overall liked it. The actual content however, I liked some of it and didn't like some of it. I understand the necessary changes to the characters that ignore defense, but I do not like all the changes that are going to start treating GL like raid bosses. I could even stomach most of them if not for the change to Thrawn, he was a key piece in many GL counters. Now his fracture will just basically act like a speed down de-buff instead of actually locking the GL down for 1 turn. I'll have to see how these changes play out in the wild before I make my final decision on whether these are good or bad changes for the health of the game.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    This thing was entirely unnecesary and it trivializes the raid that puts an exclusive piece for r8. Now everything needs it all of a sudden with 0 supply for it.

gavy188w5q7l.png
  • EastPoint2Shaolin
    103 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    th3evo wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    The GL was overpowered before but at least there were som counters out there.
    This update will surely kill the game for a lot of players and make it virtually impossible to come in as a new player.
    I’m not at f2p player but this is to much for me a I will most likely drop out now.
    GAS and WAT, JKL are not easy to get and to nerf them this much makes no sense to me.

The only reason that makes some sort of sense is if they want to milk the old players dry while making it impossible to come in as a new player and then kill the game in a year or two because failing user base.
    Then launch a brand new game prob already under development.

How does this effect new players? Ate they not able to work on getting GLs? Not sure how this has any down side to a new player work on a new roster, against other new players doing the same.

Overall game balance affects every player. Whether you are new or old you won't be able to use the counters that work today.

New players need fewer counters and can have more laser focus on their roster. Yes it does effect them but not nearly the same way.

You can't honestly believe this stuff, can you? Come on, this is a garbage update for F2P and everyone knows it. Try to do mental gymnastics if you want, but it's painfully obvious to all of us.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Will they add Deanger's ship to the game? [Punishing One]
    Coz I really don't want to relic character that is currently useless to my BH squad(no free spot) and has no ship
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Ah, and will Rancor require meat at the start of each phase? Coz Tusken Raider - Relic 5 is basically rankor's food. But Rose is more then enough for him. currently
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    First of all: @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you are hilarious! You need to start writing Crumb's jokes though, he needed a little help. Love the new format!

Secondly, calm down y'all. The sky is not falling. This game's demise has been predicted every other week since it launched, and it's still here.

Thirdly, after these changes go into effect, tune in to your favorite YouTuber and they'll have theory-crafted different counters...happens every time.

Lastly, did I mention Doja_Fett is hilarious. Love it!
  • LOL to trying create a long term META. You're creating a GL only meta
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Who knows if they make executor a BH-empire cap, not just empire?
  • They're nerfing all the non-GL toons that were viable GL-counters. I find it laughable that anyone thinks these changes are being done for anything outside of a major money grab.