[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    FaroHylian wrote: »
    Will Commander Tano shards still be rewarded at the same rate in Conquest after Maul is added to the reward crate?

She will be reduced to 44 or 45 shards instead of 90

This is frustrating. I was on pace to unlock her in two more conquests. Now I'm being punished because I didn't unlock her in the minimum amount of time possible and now have to wait probably two additional conquests. Instead of two months out I'm four months out--not because I'm losing any battles but because they are narrowing the bottleneck.

• Hate the changes to the non-GL counters. Spent the last 7 months farming and building a GAS team thinking it was going to be good enough for my arena climb as I work on a GL over the next several months. Now that I won't be able to counter any SLKR teams I totally regret going the GAS route, and regret spending any money on this game.
  • Dianora
    116 posts Member
    Doesn't seem like there's anything here for players who aren't at 4M+ and doing Hard Mode Conquest. Very disappointing.
  • Great road head delivery cg. Really liked the way it was delivered and explained. I am going to let everyone else digest what they think and feel about it. With all new info that’s Boosts or nerfs people are excited and angry. My question to cg on the road ahead is what is the percent of people in the game who have access to relic 8 now? With relic 9 coming (c-tank relic6 to get in?) out I really hoped to hear that you will be adding tiers to c-pit starting at relic 1 with less rewards, but with a few relic 8 mats to give a path for lower guilds and a chance (this would just lower it to a 200mil from 250mil +) Or relic 8 is open in other ways who are not in a c-pit guild. Or high enough for hard mode conquest. Yes, you still have the all mighty dollar, but what about the other 60% or more who do not have access relic 8.
  • NickE03
    10 posts Member
    It seems like every new player is just going to shoot for the quickest GL because those with them will dominate and those who prefer to play the game for their love of star wars and want their favorite characters will get stomped on. I’m willing to give a chance, but coming from someone who was somewhere between whale and f2p, I’m not spending any more money till I see how this plays out. It’s not fun having just two tiers of toon. The winners and the losers and that’s it. Having an intricate checks and balance with a few special mediums such as GAS being able to best a GL, but only one makes the game complex and fun. Now it’s seems like it’s just going to be lame, black and white, GL’s, non-GL’s.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    This thing was entirely unnecesary and it trivializes the raid that puts an exclusive piece for r8. Now everything needs it all of a sudden with 0 supply for it.

gavy188w5q7l.png

1) pick your credit card
    2) buy crystals
    3) go to weekly shipments
    4) buy 15 IDs for 2700 crystals
    5) since there's a high chance that this will not even cover your weekly Aero income (unless you mostly ignore CPit and just sign up) go to daily shipments and buy g12 gear to scrap (like 15 medpacs for 450 crystals)
    6) since farming g12+ gear with 3x fleet energy refreshs is also not providing enough Zinbiddles, make sure to buy them for crystals aswell

Of course I could also farm normal 9F...if there wasn't that BB asking for 4 chars being farmed on LS nodes at the same time taking away 720 energy with all their nodes being refreshed one time. Oh wait..actually I do spend some energy on 9F! Like 80 spare energy which is like...1.6 bayonets? YAY! Just 181.4 left!!!

Bottom line:
    Doing well in CPit is pointless if you're not a spender. But you already know that. Oh and relicing chars to R8 is also pointless (except for some exceptions like GAS, JKL or Vader or the obvious GL requirements) since you gonna bloat your GP, have a higher chance of getting an opponent that has a GL more than you as a result of the bloat and....well, lose the GAC match because CG wants it to be a "who has more GLs" check.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • 90% of the reactions to the RA J2021 video are people being sick of CG letting people pour time and money into toons like GAS only to have them nerfed a year later. They are going to destroy this game but as long as they stay dragging in money.
  • avihas
    247 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Updated:
    7thh0nhqs1oo.jpg

yeahhhh, because that was what bother us the most- the fact that the ships are not required to be 7 star to achieve the new capital ship.

not the r5 & r8 requirement to even see the event, not the nerf of Wat, Troopers, Thrawn & JLK- it's the "7star to complete" that bother the most...
  • Question for Kyro:

Is there any concern on how the changes for JKL and GAS are going to effect JML's interaction with other GL's?

Currently JKL and GAS are huge pieces of a JML squad, I am concerned that JML's viability vs other GL's will be directly effected due to these changes.

Yeah, I'm really glad that my GL got nerfed. I've spent plenty of money on this game, but not another penny, and if these changes go live I'm gone.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Can't wait until 7* Executor is the last requirement for Lord Vader
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • NO. Just no.. not gonna spend or devote resources to get LV and my participation in GAC just went to zero.

These changes speak to the fact that reworking these many characters to promote 6 GLs is just poor overall planning...

Relic 8 materials better get a whole lot easier to get than CPIT or Conquest!

the struggle of the Gear Economy is Real..
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    el_mago wrote: »
    First of all: @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you are hilarious! You need to start writing Crumb's jokes though, he needed a little help. Love the new format!

Secondly, calm down y'all. The sky is not falling. This game's demise has been predicted every other week since it launched, and it's still here.

Thirdly, after these changes go into effect, tune in to your favorite YouTuber and they'll have theory-crafted different counters...happens every time.

Lastly, did I mention Doja_Fett is hilarious. Love it!

What theorycrafting are you talking about? Rey, SLKR, JML and SEE counters are well developed today. We already know what works and what doesn't work. After these changes the list of "works" will just get significantly shorter. That will be the beginning and the end of the "after changes" theorycrafting.
  • So, couple of things here. First time i've posted after playing for a number of years so there's a data point for you. On the topic of the presentation, I liked it. Seemed a bit rushed in places but overall, having the text and follow along video provides for two separate audiences. Those who want to read it, can and those who are looking for more depth can, as was the case in this.

As for the updates to the characters, i'm generally ok with...the exception being when you're including the GL's in that. Having non-GL characters being able to beat GL's is part of the fun of the game.

More specifically:

1. JML - It still takes forever in a non-GML led team for him to reach his ultimate. I bring this up because his leadership skill is, by comparison to the other GL's pretty trash. In fact, its worse than many non-GL's. I would suggest you look at fixing his leadership skill. As is he's the least useful GL unless you add GAS, DR, and JKL In that case you're fine for Arena, but for GAC that's at least 2 teams you're pulling away from. No other GL has to deal with that.

2. Kenobi GL - I get he's the new shiny, but the goal at the beginning of GL's was to make them on par with each other. As it stands, there is no GL comparable to Kenobi and it only got worse with CAT's recent release. It's sickening to be honest, especially given the amount of time and resources that goes into a single GL.

3. You just made SEE a god. I get you're trying to keep non-GL teams from being as effective, but you've nerfed 3 other GL's in the process.

4. I'd like to see Rey get multiple WW's such that if you bring 1 character to yellow she gets one, and then in the same turn you bring a separate character to yellow she gets another one as a stack to use her next turn.

• Lulo
    1 posts Member
    Congratulations! You just killed the fun for f2p
  • P2P's are like more salty tears please lol
    ubz1e12et0tr.png

• Jackow
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Change the annoying conquest feats! It's nice to get New Boss modifiers and data Discs dont get me wrong, but it's almost worthless if we always have to complete the same feats. You have to play in the same way to complete these feats every conquest that's the problem.
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Unbelievable, just atrocious, particularly how they try and emphasize/hide behind the idea that they're doing this for the health of the game and balance.

This brings LESS balance. For those of us who wanted to develop counters to gls while we slowly worked towards them, whoops that was a complete waste of time and effort.

You've completely nerfed every gl counter, and this malarkey about it being ignoring defense is absurd. Last time I checked thrawns fracture has nothing to do with defense penetration.

This is pain and simple making gls impossible to beat without another gl. A huge finger to those of us who invested in other things with kits ALREADY OUT THERE instead of rushing gls.

Shame on you cg, darth vader no longer will feel like darth vader. General anakin skywalker will no longer feel like general anakin skywalker, jedi knight luke will no longer feel like jedi knight luke, and wat tambor will be nerfed so hard, with no additions to balance, that he's unimportant.

Vader, Jkl, and wat all have been created by cg RECENTLY. So this nonsense about how the problem has been compounding for a while is again another lie. You added these things and were fine with the implications. Note all of sudden we're to believe that you've been wanting to get my kit concepts involving defense and whatnot for a while but have been stifled by the VERY RECENT characters you created?

At least have the transparency and honor to admit what you're really doing. Also relic characters for ships is yet another trash blatant cash grab
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    First of all: @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you are hilarious! You need to start writing Crumb's jokes though, he needed a little help. Love the new format!

Secondly, calm down y'all. The sky is not falling. This game's demise has been predicted every other week since it launched, and it's still here.

Thirdly, after these changes go into effect, tune in to your favorite YouTuber and they'll have theory-crafted different counters...happens every time.

What theorycrafting are you talking about? Rey, SLKR, JML and SEE counters are well developed today. We already know what works and what doesn't work. After these changes the list of "works" will just get significantly shorter. That will be the beginning and the end of the "after changes" theorycrafting.

See point #2, friend. Relax, breathe...this is just a mobile game.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    I just want to give you major thanks CG for releasing this announcement now before I purchased a Hyperdrive bundle account and really dug into your game. I will now be saving my money and put that purchase on hold.. and if you go through with these stupid debuffs to non GL counters you can stuff your game. Darth Vader becoming a top character was the entire reason many of us returned to the game in the first place.
  • "Spend more money to get gls, no using budget counters that don't require absurd amounts of resources to defeat gls. Money, give us all your money!!!!!!!" Capital games.
  • I think personally if all these R8 toons are gonna be required for everything going forward then they need to give out some more R8 mats with other game modes. Galactic Challenges seem like a good place to put some. It'll also help with smaller GP guilds that can't do challenge rancor yet. Otherwise you are stopping them from ever being able to get better.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

See point #2, friend. Relax, breathe...this is just a mobile game.

How does point #2 address theorycrafting for current GLs?
  • That's exactly what it's going to be. Maybe 6*. Everyone was so excited about LV release and they still manage to f it up...
  • wilhud
    47 posts Member
    With the new road ahead, it sounds as if GLs are being put into a category of their own now and non-GLs, that have been used to counter them thus far, are being nerfed to not be viable counters in the future. Three of those four characters are Jedi Knight Luke, General Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. These three characters could easily be argued as 3 characters that should be in the top tier, most powerful in the game. Since non-GLs are being nerfed to not beat GLs, then does it stand to reason that these three should be converted to GLs, rather than being nerfed to not beat GLs?

I don't see CG ever doing this, but it seems more reasonable to me that these characters be given their proper place in the game rather than being tuned down to a lower tier of character. What do you all think? Are Rey and Kylo more powerful characters than Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker or GAS?
  • Worst decision ever CG. You guys say you need to plan “long term” but these bad updates are gonna make people quit. I didn’t know your slogan was “nerf or nothin”
  • xGriiMErZ is 100% right. CG doesn't profit out of retroactively improving characters or making them a new 'tier'.
  • pånøs
    152 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    pånøs wrote: »

The problem gets worse with TW. The algorithm is so bad that as I said before we matched with a guild having 40 GL more. What do you expect us to do there?

Do what everyone else does - join TW with like 30 people and beat up on new players.

We have a healthy guild with 48-50 joins all time. Surely i can't tell people to stand out. matchmaking needs to be updated both in TW and GAC to reflect this
  • Ultra wrote: »
    It looks like they are going to kill the free to play players with these changes!

You can freely get a GL though

Maybe after a year and a half of pure focus on them. Which isn't reasonable to ask anyone to do just to compete. I find it extremely hard to believe you actually agree with what you're saying. It's more likely you're just playing damage control so CG will let you keep your position.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    As a ftp player with 5.1M GP, no GL's, no Wat, no GAS, no JKL, I find this update laughable at best. (go ahead, insert joke here about my roster probably being laughable too...whatevs, I play how I want)

I mean, I'd love to start on GL's at some point, but I cant chase the meta and still have actual fun...not without spending money, which I have no desire to do. None of this will help a player like me remain competitive (like I even had a shot anyway), it's meant for high rollers only (like always), and nothing but a poop on ftp players.

Just about done on my full R7 Jawa team, only one relic left...so that's something.

I guess I'll just keep plugging along watching from the side, I have my bits of fun here and there...my R7 Ugnaught hits like a truck on occasion, other times like a scooter :D

Btw, where's our fleet squad option? Remember we talked about that on the last update? Did you forget that part? Instead we get a bounty hunter cap ship...for the 5 minutes they were on the ship in the films? (Where's my Mouse Droid?? It got more screen time than Fett did.) With an R8 requirement? And you still haven't added more options on how to get the resources, despite saying you would? Oh, and adding in R9??

For some reason it hurts to sit right now.

*Edit - added for shiggles.
    cdnzszcz8xdj.jpg
    Post edited by Rebuc on