[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Arvoren
    12 posts Member
    This is CG flipping off their players for GAC and TW by nerfing the only option one has against someone who whales out or has more GL's than you. Makes total sense to make the game unplayable in the modes that people like while also screwing over your free to play player base.

You're Pidgeon holding players to focus on GL's because it will guarantee a win rather than diversify your roster and enjoy new or old characters developed. Why would i spend my resources on characters that would be fun or bring different mechanics to PVP content when i will ultimately lose in TW or GAC because matchmaking pairs me against an individual with more GL's?

With the atrocious character requirements (Tusken raider...) for GL's, it would bloat rosters further with some B tier or worse units required, which could incentivize people to not go for legendries or marquee units as it would screw our matchmaking by pairing us with someone that doesn't have a diverse roster and only has GL units/GL requirement units. Will CG make modifications to GAC matchmaking to pair people against similar rosters (same number of GL's)? Why must theory crafting die when its a staple in most character collection games?

Is there going to be a catchup mechanic for CAT since you're limiting the amount of shards one can get out the crate (I.e. conquest store allowing us to spend currency to buy more CAT shards)? People may have not had the capacity to hit the red crate since its inception and now will be further away from unlocking CAT with the introduction of Maul. Instead of me unlocking her in two events (115 shards required), it will take even more grinding to have her in my roster.

You guys also said relic 8 would provide a new ability for relic'd units (one of its biggest attractions) and has been undelivered. Now you're introducing relic 9? its hard for most people to get relic 8 and is fairly new to the game.... what about these abilities that were promised? This is legit a cash grab and makes your game harder and harder to progress with all these barriers you introduce.

• E3P0 wrote: »
    If you're going to do a video format, fine. But PLEASE, don't omit key points from the text (there is absolutely no mention of relic 9 there, plus no explanation for why all the abilities listed are being altered).

I agree completely. The text should be more thorough than the video.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    BH capital ship...cries in Hondo
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • el_mago wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    First of all: @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you are hilarious! You need to start writing Crumb's jokes though, he needed a little help. Love the new format!

Secondly, calm down y'all. The sky is not falling. This game's demise has been predicted every other week since it launched, and it's still here.

Thirdly, after these changes go into effect, tune in to your favorite YouTuber and they'll have theory-crafted different counters...happens every time.

Lastly, did I mention Doja_Fett is hilarious. Love it!

What theorycrafting are you talking about? Rey, SLKR, JML and SEE counters are well developed today. We already know what works and what doesn't work. After these changes the list of "works" will just get significantly shorter. That will be the beginning and the end of the "after changes" theorycrafting.

See point #2, friend. Relax, breathe...this is just a mobile game.

That argument might hold water if people weren't being told they have to spend 1000s of dollars to fully experience the game. This update isn't just another unbalanced character being added. They are fundamentally changing the game to make it extremely difficult if not impossible for f2p players and even light spenders to play alongside people with GLs. GAC is now a dead game mode if your opponent has a GL and you don't. Or if they have more GL's than you. Any conquest tier with a GL boss is now impossible to beat if you don't have a GL yourself. Downplay this all you want, but it will have an enormous impact on the game and only makes things worse for the general player.
  • Wow. The dislikes on the video are about to pass the likes. I was just hoping for an updated hyperdrive bundle. Are there any plans for that Kyno? I click on that non removable icon every day, but alas, it never changes. I have all of those toons, just need some of the new shiny ones and I like to shop at Sam's, in bulk.
    Deceptacles / HRancor / HAAT / 6* Sith / No ticket quotas / Discord
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Syfoyoda66 wrote: »
    Worst decision ever CG. You guys say you need to plan “long term” but these bad updates are gonna make people quit. I didn’t know your slogan was “nerf and nothin”

Ftfy
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • "We are not introducing two GL, because we care that the players can collect both".
    And how to introduce a second legend with such requirements on the flagship - that's it, the care is gone?
    And how does BB relate to Vord Vader?
    Is everything all right with your head there?
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    d8hp1uzwjtms.jpeg
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Boycotting Vader.

BB were wrong to require 2000 kyros for 5 toons. That's literally the cost of all a GL's requirements + a GL.

There was no way I wanted to gear up BB anyway. Now you're making BB a prerequisite for LV?

I was willing to gear some toons that I would not normally gear, like Tuskens or BH. I am not willing to gear BB for access to a single GL. I'll go for GLEE instead: much better value, I've already made a lot of progress on the side while working on other things, and I get to work on the new Fleet meta at the same time.

Sorry, CG, you jumped the shark. It's over.

But you dont think its jumping the shark to say you would gear tuskens over BB?

I think its just the principal. Bad batch is a single shard drop still. Feels forced while tuskan is like a rose tiko.
  • I really hope CG listens and doesn't go through with many of the changes. Sure GLs are supposed to be the "god-tier" toons, but if you can only defeat them with other "god-tier" toons, then you prevent that underdog challenge. Also for the person losing, they might say "well done kid".

There are just too many changes that nerf everything. The point of a lot of games is to find a way to defeat the "god-tier" characters/cards/whatever with lower ranked things and common soldiers. There is no shame is this and I don't think that is what CG is getting. Even the current GL counters only work if you get it right. Make a mistake, and you might not recover.

They fill their niche quite nicely and have a good goal, but in addition here's something that I don't think CG will understand. By having the ability to use more common toons to defeat a GL, with the right build and everything also makes it harder for people to use their rosters. They always have to plan around countering that and that also limits rosters. It also forces people to have a developed roster to make sure they can do things once the GLs have been dealt with.

If you are going to go to a GL can only defeat another GL meta, then CG must provide a free GL to anyone once they reach a certain GP. They mush also lock TW so that teams completing have the same amount of GLs. They must also do the same for GAC. All 8 people in the GAC must have the same number of GLs. If those last two aren't met, then anyone who doesn't have a GL vs someone who does is screwed.
  • I really enjoyed this new format! Doha is quite the Dad joke expert. Keep it up!
  • wilhud
    47 posts Member
    I fully agree with you both that it will not happen. But the question I'm posing is do you think it should happen? Does making those characters less powerful in game make you like the game any less or do you not really care, so long as there are different tiers and you have characters in the top tier?

For me personally, I prefer characters like Vader, GAS, GMY, JKL, Revan and even Han Solo or Boba Fett over the characters we currently have as GLs. GL Kenobi would probably be the one exception. I get that the newer movies/characters take precedence over the older characters, but it just seems out of balance. Or am I just looking at this from an old man's perspective and these newer characters are super popular with fans and deserve to be at the top?
  • Incredibly dissappointing, disheartening, and disrespectful to your player base.

Balance changes or not - we need to fix the gear economy. 95% of the things you just proposed are inaccessible to the majority of players. Even the big whales can't keep up with this. r8 is basically impossible for most people, so your solution is to add r9 instead of fixing accessibility? Half the daily events (Omega, training droids, Fleet mastery) are so pointless at this point, and basic things such as ship squads and gear crunch continue to be ignored.

the gear requirements for the capital ship is... insane. JMK already is causing enough issues, now it's going to break the game into those who have GL's, those who don't have GLs, and those who have JMK or Fallen Vader (who i'm assuming will join JMK in being leagues above the rest).

The video format is good. you should continue that, but this is a lot of info dump with very little good news.

I think we all would have preferred things that are FUN. point blank period, these changes do not seem fun. they do not seem exciting. It is a game, we come here to escape from our lives, not to work for CG's bank accounts. I love this game, I will continue to play. But this is all a slap in the face.
  • @FaroHylian

Re: Cat shard rewards in Conquest being reduced from 90 to 45 with the release of a new toon (Maul):
    This is frustrating. I was on pace to unlock her in two more conquests. Now I'm being punished because I didn't unlock her in the minimum amount of time possible and now have to wait probably two additional conquests. Instead of two months out I'm four months out--not because I'm losing any battles but because they are narrowing the bottleneck.

While I completely understand that you feel frustrated, the intention to do exactly this was announced long ago, in the April Road Ahead when they addressed changes to conquest, including swapping out old Data Disk options for new ones. Here's the text:
    The 4th Conquest event will also mark some refinements to the Conquest unit cadence and how we plan to address these units in game.
    When we release a new unit to Conquest, we will do the following with previous Conquest exclusive units:
    • The older unit will remain in the End of Event rewards but will see the amount awarded in prize boxes reduced.
    • The amount of Conquest Currency needed to purchase shards will be slightly reduced.
    • Its unit shards will appear more frequently at Normal and/or Hard Node Merchants (Wandering Scavenger).
    Several months later a third new unit will be introduced in Conquest and that first unit (Razor Crest in this case) will:
    Leave End of Event Prizing
    • Stay on Node Merchants (Wandering Scavenger)
    • Get added to Conquest Shipments for Crystals and Conquest Currency
    The last step for these units occurs approximately a year after their initial release
    • The unit will become more widely available and be moved to somewhere more accessible. The final details are undecided at this time but we are looking at adding to a Journey Guide style event or a Galactic Challenge. We will have more info on this in the future.

They didn't list a number of months before they reduced the shard rewards, but the number of conquests was obvious: three. Going forward there will always be one Featured toon (max rewards: 90 shards), one lingering toon (Max rewards 44 or maybe 45, this is the toon that was most recently replaced as the Featured toon), and some number of remainder toons (and ship in the case of Razor Crest). For those they will be purchasable in the Conquest store, even between Conquests. The conquest event will not have to be actively running for you to purchase these shards.

Again, I understand that this is distressing to hear if you weren't aware of the contents of the April Road Ahead, but it has been the plan, and has been publicly known since April 28th. They're not intending to surprise anyone with this.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    This thing was entirely unnecesary and it trivializes the raid that puts an exclusive piece for r8. Now everything needs it all of a sudden with 0 supply for it.

gavy188w5q7l.png

1) pick your credit card
    2) buy crystals
    3) go to weekly shipments
    4) buy 15 IDs for 2700 crystals
    5) since there's a high chance that this will not even cover your weekly Aero income (unless you mostly ignore CPit and just sign up) go to daily shipments and buy g12 gear to scrap (like 15 medpacs for 450 crystals)
    6) since farming g12+ gear with 3x fleet energy refreshs is also not providing enough Zinbiddles, make sure to buy them for crystals aswell

Of course I could also farm normal 9F...if there wasn't that BB asking for 4 chars being farmed on LS nodes at the same time taking away 720 energy with all their nodes being refreshed one time. Oh wait..actually I do spend some energy on 9F! Like 80 spare energy which is like...1.6 bayonets? YAY! Just 181.4 left!!!

Bottom line:
    Doing well in CPit is pointless if you're not a spender. But you already know that. Oh and relicing chars to R8 is also pointless (except for some exceptions like GAS, JKL or Vader or the obvious GL requirements) since you gonna bloat your GP, have a higher chance of getting an opponent that has a GL more than you as a result of the bloat and....well, lose the GAC match because CG wants it to be a "who has more GLs" check.

Indeed xD

9ha0tmfn6owx.png

• Artumas
    324 posts Member
    If you actually read the character changes, the only characters getting DIRECTLY nerfed are Wat, the GL Exceptions and maybe in a small sense Vader.

Most of the changes are significantly more than made up for, and the ONLY notable GL counters being affected are Thrawn (completely destroyed) and in the couple matchups that actually cared, GAS losing cooldown increases. Seriously, almost none of these changes were actually used for GL counters, and most of them aren't being directly hit.

JKL was used to blind and deal damage - That's not being changed.
    GAS was used to manipulate SLKR's AI, that's not being changed.
    Imp troopers are completely unaffected, and due to weird wording, I have no clue how SEE's change even works. (does it only affect undispellable buffs that are present at battle start, like GAS taunt and stuff? Because I swear that's how it reads.)

Vader v Rey is the only real GL counter that's been very notably hit. And that's because of Thrawn and Wat.
    In fact, Rey's just massively been buffed by almost all of these changes, and I have no clue why, when all the other GLs are being barely touched.

At first, it looks like a very significant change, but...
    if you actually read all the changes, and look at what's ACTUALLY changing, and how these characters are used in their current teams....

Thrawn and Wat are the only ones really being significantly hit by this.
    And 501st GAS is randomly getting massively buffed for unknown reasons.

This really isn't as bad as it looks at first glance, tbqh.
  • @Kyno

I just want you to know that I appreciate knowing that the event does require 7* ships to complete. I still maintain that the r8 character requirement is ludicrous, but even if it's not the most outrageous thing about the event, it was a problem that the event appeared to require only 4* ships.

This brings up something else, though.

If you only have to have 4* ships to access the first/easiest tier (for clarity, let's remember that this might not even be enough to unlock), and the requirements increase as a player progresses through the tiers, then in some sense that makes the character requirements worse.

After all, if requirements are increasing with progress, the event could have required a g11 Boba to see/access/complete the easiest tier, but r8 to complete the event.

g11 for tier 1
    g12 for tier 2
    r1 for tier 3
    ...etc...

would have kept the value of the ships closer to the value of the pilots. Not nearly close enough, IMO, but still closer.

Again, I appreciate CG making the change to the announcement and clarifying 7* ships will be required. It does minimize one issue I have with the event. But it does raise new questions and it does not eliminate the issue that in a Fleet event the ship requirements are trivially unimportant compared with the toon requirements.

That's sad. And it's still a problem.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Artumas wrote: »
    If you actually read the character changes, the only characters getting DIRECTLY nerfed are Wat, the GL Exceptions and maybe in a small sense Vader.

Most of the changes are significantly more than made up for, and the ONLY notable GL counters being affected are Thrawn (completely destroyed) and in the couple matchups that actually cared, GAS losing cooldown increases. Seriously, almost none of these changes were actually used for GL counters, and most of them aren't being directly hit.

JKL was used to blind and deal damage - That's not being changed.
    GAS was used to manipulate SLKR's AI, that's not being changed.
    Imp troopers are completely unaffected, and due to weird wording, I have no clue how SEE's change even works. (does it only affect undispellable buffs that are present at battle start, like GAS taunt and stuff? Because I swear that's how it reads.)

Vader v Rey is the only real GL counter that's been very notably hit. And that's because of Thrawn and Wat.
    In fact, Rey's just massively been buffed by almost all of these changes, and I have no clue why, when all the other GLs are being barely touched.

At first, it looks like a very significant change, but...
    if you actually read all the changes, and look at what's ACTUALLY changing, and how these characters are used in their current teams....

Thrawn and Wat are the only ones really being significantly hit by this.
    And 501st GAS is randomly getting massively buffed for unknown reasons.

This really isn't as bad as it looks at first glance, tbqh.

Nope. You’ve either not read enough or watched the video. After this update galactic legends will not be countered by non galactic legends.
  • Jackow
    29 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Ally wrote: »
    Another new capital ship? where we already have cap ships without full fleets?

Yeah it's time for a bunch of New ships just Release a few without a pilot it cant take up that much time.
    We cant even fill up every capital ship with a full squad because we dont got enough ships...

A-wing
    B-wing
    LAAT
    Droid tri fighter
    Naboo starfighter
    Resistance Bomber
    Tie interceptor

Just to name a few famous ones.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI you need to read these comments buddy. Nerfing GAS, JKL etc is crap. GAS, JKL, and Wat are not Greedo. People pour time and resources into them, and the ignore defense thing is what made them worth having
  • Changes to characters I'll have to wait and see, but from the looks of it I'll likely be dropping further in arena with these changes, so I'm not thrilled. Guess I'll just have to rearrange my farming plans... Again. 🙄

Changes may also effect my GACs, but that's not my main focus on this game, so I don't mind potentially taking a few extra losses. Not the best rewards in the game for the effort anyways.

Atrocious requirements for the new capital ship, but I hope with the announcement of R9 it means R8 becomes more accessible... We will see.

Typical 🤮 GL requirements with characters that make no sense, unless the next few BB episodes shows the team working for Vader I guess? Just another character I'll file under: not getting for over a year.

My real concern though, is conquest. It looks as though some of those off-meta counters may no longer work against GLs, which could potentially mean lesser amounts of teams working against those GL bosses. And while getting rid of conquest coins for changing data disks is good, I fear changing it to conquest energy is going to cause f2p players like myself to use precious crystals to refresh energy as a result in order to continue getting the prize boxes we currently earn, lest we run down to the wire trying to scrap across a few more points. Lost conquest battles may have just gotten more costly... Tell me why you couldn't just make it cost a few regular credits to change data disks, or hey, here's a novel concept: make it free. 😐🤦
  • I’ve been playing this game forever now and I decided to take a break after introducing GL’s because it was such a blatant middle finger to the f2p players. Now with this bullsh*t nerfing essentially the only characters capable of countering GL’s it’s a blatant cash grab and they should be ashamed.
  • Wow they just made it way harder to counter gls. That'll definitely go on well with the community. And **** those are steep requirements for both of the new things coming. Wonder if the ship is gonna be required for Vader.
  • Requirements for GLs…yeah, they are high, but they are calibrated to have a certain % of the player base unlock on release. That has been the case for all five and I personally don’t have a huge issue even if the r8 means I won’t unlock for a while after release.

I can even understand that CG wasn’t aware how ignore defense would scale so those abilities need to change.

I don’t get adding GL to the raid boss text. First, in most cases, it’s unnecessary because covering GLs in those abilities didn’t break the utility of the GL. FBast, Malak…I honestly never noticed those abilities having any effect in GL matchups. But, for Thrawn? It is a massive change that breaks so many non GL GL counters. Fracture is that important of an ability. That is the one change that should not be implemented.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Kyno

I just want you to know that I appreciate knowing that the event does require 7* ships to complete. I still maintain that the r8 character requirement is ludicrous, but even if it's not the most outrageous thing about the event, it was a problem that the event appeared to require only 4* ships.

This brings up something else, though.

If you only have to have 4* ships to access the first/easiest tier (for clarity, let's remember that this might not even be enough to unlock), and the requirements increase as a player progresses through the tiers, then in some sense that makes the character requirements worse.

After all, if requirements are increasing with progress, the event could have required a g11 Boba to see/access/complete the easiest tier, but r8 to complete the event.

g11 for tier 1
    g12 for tier 2
    r1 for tier 3
    ...etc...

would have kept the value of the ships closer to the value of the pilots. Not nearly close enough, IMO, but still closer.

Again, I appreciate CG making the change to the announcement and clarifying 7* ships will be required. It does minimize one issue I have with the event. But it does raise new questions and it does not eliminate the issue that in a Fleet event the ship requirements are trivially unimportant compared with the toon requirements.

That's sad. And it's still a problem.

Yeah, they will make an announcement about the event style this will be later, but I believe the ship requirements are the tier that will unlock. As far as anything beyond that it will be clarified later in a post about the event.
  • Ah I think I figured out how the SEE change is going to hit the IT counter. They gain 1 stack of emperor's trap buff for every IT turn, which can't be dispelled. So after a max of 20 turns that'll put your SEE team at 100% TM and break the TM train for IT.
  • I want to be excited for the new characters, speed grand arena, etc.... but this Road Ahead was depressing.... nerfing GAS, Vader, JKL, etc. sucks!!!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Rockfan wrote: »
    I want to be excited for the new characters, speed grand arena, etc.... but this Road Ahead was depressing.... nerfing GAS, Vader, JKL, etc. sucks!!!

Speed Grand Arena sounds fun!
  • Ok couple of things. There’s a lot to digest from this.

THE GOOD

- Maul - Oh hells yes!
    - New Fleet Meta - It’s about time. Fleet is stale.
    - Improving Rey - Yep on board with that
    - Improving SEE on board with that
    - The video format for Road Ahead - Excellent work. Great to see

THE BAD

- Relicing characters to obtain a ship when the ship requirements aren’t as steep. Why?
    - Tusken requirement. I get the joke, but R5 is a bit steep.
    - No information on gear getting easier to obtain to go from G1 - G12. That is already a huge investment with stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis, Kyros etc. We need this.

THE UGLY

- Nerfing characters we have all worked hard to get so they no longer combat GLs. If someone sets Rey on D and you lose and there’s 3 other GLs and you have 2 left it’s a insta defeat. Nothing you can do about it.
    - Making Thrawn, JKL,Wat Tambor, Moff Gideon, Vader and GAS pretty much useless is downright insulting.
    - The Nerfs to characters is as bad as the idea to completely take them out of TW - remember when you did that?
    - What’s the point of playing if the characters you’ve worked hard on and look for wonderful counters on no longer work? If it’s set and forget?
    - The raids are shifting to being impossible unless you have the GLs.
    - Relic 9 - Getting a character to Relic 7 and 8 is a massive grind! Why now?
    - You say all these changes will make the game last for 10 years… when these changes come into affect it will struggle to last 10 minutes.

Please reconsider these changes.