[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Seems to be a huge GL counter nerf. This will destroy GAC for those without GLs, who have focused on GL counter teams. What chance will they have?
    This will lose a lot of players. Ouch.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    After reading this, I don’t know what to say. There is just too much to mention. But honestly, is this a joke CG? It feels like one.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Kraken harder!
  • Better take GLs out of normal conquest boss battles then...I've said it since day one, there's nothing normal about a GL boss to players with under 4 million GP
  • Ultra wrote: »
    @MasterSeedy very disappointed in you.

If you must insist on GLEE and GLOW, how can you maintain any self respect if you use LV for Lord Vader?

SMH Head.

GL LV

GL LOrd Vader

GL LOrd VadEr

GLOVE??
    0cjd3ygg3kjx.jpeg

• DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Not a fan of nerfing all GL counters. This is really going to hurt newer players who don't have a GL. It takes over a year to get a GL ftp from a new account. Prior to this nerf, they could at least farm a counter to maybe climb in arena while they farm their first GL. Now they have no chance until they get a GL.

And r9 without addressing the pre g11 gear crunch is just crap.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Kraken harder!

Thanks. I’m F2P because of these things. Whenever I feel the urge to spend money on this game, something like this happens and I don’t spend. When this game finally goes down, I’ll be glad that I never lost any money on it.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    So let me get this straight ...

With these changes, if you don't have a GL, then you won't be able to counter a GL. So, all anyone who has a GL needs to do when going up against someone without one in GAC is put that GL on defense and they have an auto-win, thus turning GLs into an "I Win" button.

Pathetic, if you ask me.

Don´t forget TW. Even now, the matchmaking is weird and you can even compete against a guild with 100 mil more GP. it really happened in my guild and it was everything but fair fight - we had quantity, they had quality. And now, if you play against a guild with more GL it will create even more problems. This is not what i imagine when i heard word healthy.
  • Durango wrote: »
    AtreiNero wrote: »
    I really hope CG listens and doesn't go through with many of the changes.
    While I do completely agree with your post, I can also pretty much certify you that they won't listen to the feedback in any shape, way or form, and that they absolutely will go through the nerfs they planned. This is a terrible for the players, and I absolutely hate how they try to cover everything with the ridiculous excuses they give in the video.

absolutely agree with the take..

implementation of any feedback from the SWGOH definitely is hit and miss..
  • They're making the game better...by limiting the competitiveness & viability of any toon you didn't pay over $200 for. What a bunch of cry-babaies, "Oh no! How can a crappy Dark Trooper kill MY GL Rey?!?" Makes perfect sense.
  • So with the absolutely unnecessary addition of Relic 9, are you going to retune non-piloted ships like Vulture and Ywing so they can keep up with the piloted ones that just keep getting faster and thicker thanks to higher and higher relics?
  • Hope CG design an item to recover character.
    And we can re-invest the right character by spending some crystal.
  • JaxonUop
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty upset with the changes outlined in the road ahead. I’ve spent weeks of my time and resources developing teams to counter the GLs in GAC and TW. Those will be useless when the changes go into effect.

It’s truly unacceptable to punish the player base after having these characters for a significant amount of time just to prevent your shiny new p2p characters from being beaten.

It’s not like there is not a significant effort, time and resources put into it, including farming our own GLs. but it’s a huge slap in the face for us that have been around for years and continue to play this game to have fun.

What’s fun about grinding to get ahead and then having developers say “nope, we’re changing the rules”?

Several of these characters are used in arena to climb against all 5 GLs, this is going to kill those teams and keep people without the shiny “new” one from competing. Why even play anymore?

I’m sure as soon as I unlock JMK in a couple weeks, his team will be nerfed as soon as Vader hits the street.
  • QF_
    14 posts Member
    There is no longer any value in having characters which aren’t directly linked to a GL.
  • Ya pretty much
  • The GAS nerf is really horrific as it makes Rey and JML basically worthless offensively against Rey or SLKR. In essence the only viable GLs left for offense are SEE and SLKR. I don’t have enough experience with Globi to know if that team will survive but it’s a gigantic middle finger to light side fans.

Seriously SEE and SLKR are already broken AF and now the character that is essential for JML & Rey squads is mercilessly nerfed making them even more inferior?

SLKR>SEE>Rey>JML
  • Hey guys, remember those iconic characters you spent cash on? Well...they’re trash now. See you on the holotables.

PS- Please spend money on our new characters so we can make them trash later also. Thanks!
  • @TooOldForThis

To be fair, that's how power creep works.

I disagree with a lot of the current RA, but you can't be surprised that a 2 year old character, even a beloved one, is trash compared to a new character.
  • lets increase the health of the game by making it so only GLs can counter GLs that will make the game healthier right? whos bright idea was this? this will just hurt the game more in the long run.. all some one has to do is load up all the GLs they have for defense and win... i only have 1 GL and the number of opponents i have gotten in GAC with more is laughable... thanks to some of these non GL counters like vader, thrawn and wat i was able to stand a chance. so thanks for robbing me of this counter CG
  • I don’t usually post here. But I’m an obsessed player and spend plenty of $$$. You likely just lost a paying customer with these updates. The entire fun of this game was beating the meta w/o GLs. Now it’s just a GL arm’s race. And you’ve gotten rid of all the great toons released recently. No thanks.
  • Waiting to see how much energy is required to swap a data disc. It's better than it just being crystals to swap, but it is pretty much a veiled change to a crystal cost.
  • With one post, you managed to take my joy and anticipation for Lord Vader, and with the huge toon nerfs to destroy GL counters, take that joy away as I wonder how many players I know will still be playing when these changes go into effect. This is not the way.

Also, video is a nice format, but should be accompanied by written text that includes everything significant that is being covered.

And r9 already? Seriously? Too many changes out of the blue that fundamentally change everything about the pvp experience.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    grassrox wrote: »
    They're making the game better...by limiting the competitiveness & viability of any toon you didn't pay over $200 for. What a bunch of cry-babaies, "Oh no! How can a crappy Dark Trooper kill MY GL Rey?!?" Makes perfect sense.

Not everyone pays cash. Some pay in time, resource management, and patience.
  • YannickIsAnnoyed
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any chances against someone with 3 GLs
    Post edited by YannickIsAnnoyed on
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    @TooOldForThis

To be fair, that's how power creep works.

I disagree with a lot of the current RA, but you can't be surprised that a 2 year old character, even a beloved one, is trash compared to a new character.

No no no no. This is not how power creep works. You don’t go back after people spent time and money and make huge nerfs to several characters that were WAI just to make room for more cash grabs. Why would I spend on anything if I assume that it’s going to get nerfed whenever they want something new? A power creep is supposed to outclass the old by the power of the new character, not by handicapping old ones.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Rockfan wrote: »
    I want to be excited for the new characters, speed grand arena, etc.... but this Road Ahead was depressing.... nerfing GAS, Vader, JKL, etc. sucks!!!

Speed Grand Arena sounds fun!

Sounds about as fun as watching Jeff bezos go to "space". It's a game mode just for influencers and CG
  • First time posting here just to say that as for 99% of people commenting (I've gone through every page and it's literally just @Kyno as the exception) I'm disappointed by these changes.

I'm mostly F2P with 2.6m GP and no GL. I now know that I have wasted my time enjoying unlocking characters and going for different journey guides as I should have been fully focused on getting a GL. So I have to work solely on getting a GL to avoid being stomped in GAC, arena, and conquest.

Kyno says it doesn't impact new players but it does as the only strategy available to them is to go for a GL immediately, and that just takes a large part of the fun out of the game.

Watching streamers like Ahnald won't be as entertaining as we get to see unusual or tricky counters to GLs, those battles will be the same GL vs GL battles everytime.

The worst bit for somebody in my stage of the game is that there's nothing announced to help me get to that level. No improvement on the gear crunch, although they promised they were looking at it. Yes the shard economy is better but now I've got a whole load of characters 7-stars but I don't have the resources to level up, getting the characters isn't the whole problem. All I'm seeing from this is another new tier with characters/ship that are even further away from me as I don't have a way of closing the gap. Without spending thousands which of course is what you want, so carry on ignoring people like me.