[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Tintguy wrote: »
    I'm f2p currently gearing for JMK, this road ahead simply tells me to quit, my time has no value, my engagement is not wanted

Same. I was honestly excited for the JMK/LV grind in general and enjoyment was starting to pick up a bit.

The reason for me enjoying playing more? Because I just got to the point that I can counter GL teams with thrawn, wat, gideon etc with the right setup.

So not only is that gone, but also my investment into those characters wont even be refunded bevause none are relic 8.

So CG literally does not care about 4.5mil players.

Cool thanks.

• So the Road Ahead(RA) is here.

I was very excited for the last few weeks as I am sure many were for this new RA announcement. Many of us had high hopes that Lord Vader would be the next GL and that their would be a new Maul character. We also hoped for a new ship or new features! Wow we got them!! How exciting are these new characters.

Imagine if the RA ended there. With that announcement. We would all be spinning around with joy and also crying that we need Bad Batch, an R8 Piett and and relicced Tusken (but honestly who didn't see that coming baahahaha!).

The video was great. I really love Doja and Crumb coming out and presenting as a video. This is next level game professionalism and what we should expect to see from this level of a game. Keep it up guys it was brilliant.

This should be a super exciting and really awesome moment - but it's not. CG you get 0/10 on presentation. You screwed the pooch CG in this announcement which could have been even better than the last two RA and potentially been the best one of the year.

Why is this not an enjoyable moment? Because you should know never present changes that are potentially negative with new things. People always double down on the negative. This is not an unknown quantity and anyone with community and/or PR skills should know this.

This update should have been 2 or 3 updates.

The next thing is whilst you announce all these changes, and whilst they may take the game further and keep the game going for a long time you do nothing to address how you alleviate these changes. Ahnald called it out on the gear grind, but I actually think the biggest thing if you are going to make these changes is TW and GAC match making logic.

If GL's will now truly be seperate to non GL's then your logic for match making needs to account for this. Without this coinciding with these changes you are dooming both GAC and TW game modes. People will either get too frustrated and either quit the game or ignore these modes almost entirely.

Right now if and when these changes go ahead then it won't be about skill in TW or GAC it will simply be about who has the most GLs. That is not a competitive gaming experience.

Fix match making logic and you will make these changes much more bearable for everyone.

#fixmatchmakinglogic

• Zanir wrote: »
    We all know there will be no consideration from CG about our feedback. There will be no rollback of the nerfs. There will be no reconsideration of Executor relic reqs. There will be no accelerated ship farming. There will be no ship squad tabs. There will be no changes to gear economy that benefit players. There will be no acknowledgment that this thread even exists, much less a response to any concern raised within.

There will only be what has always been: naked, unrestrained, uncurbed, unstoppable, ever-growing blatant greed.

Sadly all true :'(
  • Bold move to post something like this right before dipping out for the weekend...the blowback to sort through is just going to pile up come Monday morning
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rockfan wrote: »
    I want to be excited for the new characters, speed grand arena, etc.... but this Road Ahead was depressing.... nerfing GAS, Vader, JKL, etc. sucks!!!

Speed Grand Arena sounds fun!

Sounds about as fun as watching Jeff bezos go to "space". It's a game mode just for influencers and CG

Yeah i don't like watching sports either because i'm not the one playing
  • Frankto
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    The video format is quite cool! This is a big improvement over how it is delivered usually.

That being said, however:
    1. After making it essentially impossible for people without Galactic Legend to compete in Squad Arena, do you have any plans to devalue chasing a very high rank? This would sting much less if people in the 50s and 100s knew they could count on higher rewards.
    2. How do you plan to change matchmaking in Grand Arena? People are being matched against players with Galactic Legends who don't have one right now, and the change you're making is making it next to impossible to counter them. One side having an unbeatable team doesn't make for a very interesting competition, does it? This is moreso true in territory war when matchmaking is often extremely uneven (my guild has lost maybe 2-3 matches this year -- TW is almost always very easy, and never fun).
    3. How do you plan to adjust Territory Battles? The lack of defense penetration is going to be felt most keenly there where even hard-hitting characters are significantly at a disadvantage against level 90 or higher Elite and Boss enemies.
    4. With the addition of relic 9 piling on for people who can barely afford to stay competitive without breaking the bank, are there any plans to alleviate the gear crunch?

I understand why you might feel compelled to make the changes you're making, but the messaging is so far off the mark that this raises more questions than it answers. When you make an announcement and everyone is asking "What now?" you might want to come prepared to answer. Just a thought.

Still hoping for the best, but so far history isn't on my side.
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Overall: A Very Disappointing Road Ahead

I like that the Executor is coming to the game as its my favorite capital ship in Star Wars, but the 2 R8 cost is utterly ridiculous, especially considering the difficulty of getting R8 resources.

Maul and Lord Vader - Let those who are excited for them be excited for them. I am ambivalent.

I get the rationale behind some of the impending nerfs, but I absolutely loathe the release of R9 when there is still so much difficultly in getting R8.

Lastly, the reason I call it disappointing is that there was nothing new event-wise announced (except characters). No new Assault Battles, no Ship Assault Battles, no new resource events (Galactic Bounties III), no easing of the gear grind, nothing. Just two extremely hard to get characters and a new Conquest character. In other words, nothing that was announced eases the journey or does anything to make things fun (you could argue Conquest 7 changes, but we will have to see).

So I consider it a massive disappointment.

100% This
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    It even makes me wonder if money was the only motivation, these changes would still make sense, given that quite a lot of people have already stated that they would stop spending in the game.
    I'm a F2P player still working my way towards my first GL, so I'm not sure if these changes impact me that much. I know I probably will never be competitive in the arena, and I haven't yet faced GLs in GAC. But it is disheartening to see the Devs ignoring the opinion of the players represented here, especially those of us F2P
  • Good format pretty lousy content. There is not enough gear available to exchange for the levels of relics needed. If you want to develop characters only available to MAW just say so but for many of us that "only" contribute a couple hundred to the game this really is a kick to the jewels with absolutely zero relief for massive gear and relic material crunch. Truly a sad day for SWGOH non-Krakens
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Completely bringing the end of the game, theory crafting and building non GLs just to have them nerfed killed all the fun, game over for me I'm out, not another dime. Not one more minute playing the game. I'm out. You've successfully killed the game with one swift culling blade. Cya.
  • pbchillin
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @TooOldForThis

To be fair, that's how power creep works.

I disagree with a lot of the current RA, but you can't be surprised that a 2 year old character, even a beloved one, is trash compared to a new character.

It's not a power creep when you make the older ones weaker on purpose because they can still beat the new ones though.

GLs already have super speed and other stats compared to non-GL units, that's the power creep.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Good format pretty lousy content. There is not enough gear available to exchange for the levels of relics needed. If you want to develop characters only available to MAW just say so but for many of us that "only" contribute a couple hundred to the game this really is a kick to the jewels with absolutely zero relief for massive gear and relic material crunch. Truly a sad day for SWGOH non-Krakens

As power levels increase (r8 to r9) we get new sources of gear / materials to make it easier
  • What was great about this game years ago was that while cash was (rightfully so) king, being smart and strategic could keep you competitive. Now those people are long gone and CG is saying if you’re not a kraken we’d kindly like you to stop taking up server space.
  • There really needs to be a players advocacy department at CG and if there already is one they should be ashamed.
  • Why do I have a feeling a lot of this is gonna be reverted?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Good format pretty lousy content. There is not enough gear available to exchange for the levels of relics needed. If you want to develop characters only available to MAW just say so but for many of us that "only" contribute a couple hundred to the game this really is a kick to the jewels with absolutely zero relief for massive gear and relic material crunch. Truly a sad day for SWGOH non-Krakens

As power levels increase (r8 to r9) we get new sources of gear / materials to make it easier

Huh?
  • Well, GLEE was a challenge/joke from TVF. But now that I have a similar challenge from you, I'll try to come up with something similarly whimsical, silly, and fun for the soon to be renamed LV.

I've got nothing yet, mind, but I'll work on it.

GLLDVASF sounds good.
    (Galactic Legend Lord Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker Fallen)
  • Sha1218
    21 posts Member
    If CG does a follow up post on how TW and GAC matchmaking will take in account number of GLs, then some of this anxiety over needing non GL counters will be reduced. Otherwise, there will be even worse guild sandbagging for favorable TW matchups, and hard working guilds with less GLs will never catch a break.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Well, GLEE was a challenge/joke from TVF. But now that I have a similar challenge from you, I'll try to come up with something similarly whimsical, silly, and fun for the soon to be renamed LV.

I've got nothing yet, mind, but I'll work on it.

GLLDVASF sounds good.
    (Galactic Legend Lord Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker Fallen)

Rolls right off the tongue!
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited July 2021

r7 to r8 isn't remotely easy. But more importantly, gear 8 to gear 9 is STILL a headache. They've never alleviated that gear crunch. They've been "looking at it" for years and thier response was to give us r8 with no way to get impulse detectors except through pain and now we're getting r9 with no other way (besides crystals and sacrificing gear we don't have) to get impulse detectors still. with no new events on the horizon to give us those new sources.
  • They killed Squad Arena, Grand Arena, Territory War and Conquest in one Road Ahead! Impressive stuff.

I'd say it was a baffling decision normally, but it's just so brazenly about money and protecting the big spenders.
  • I have a very real concern that I'd like addressed. Will the GAS 501st buffs be active in the Confrontation. The event itself is already extremely rng-dependent and challenging. How are new players expected to beat this now?
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Whales: *Sniff Sniff* It is not fair! I cannot break an entire Arena shard with just my wallet.

CG: There there.. its okay Sugar Daddy, I will fix this for you.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    edited July 2021

r7 to r8 isn't remotely easy. But more importantly, gear 8 to gear 9 is STILL a headache. They've never alleviated that gear crunch. They've been "looking at it" for years and thier response was to give us r8 with no way to get impulse detectors except through pain and now we're getting r9 with no other way (besides crystals and sacrificing gear we don't have) to get impulse detectors still. with no new events on the horizon to give us those new sources.

The only thing they did is replace couple different types of harder to get gear with Kyrotechs. It is ridiculous that newer characters need them for such low gear levels and need a crazy amount. (The Bad Batch need 2,000 Kryotech salvage. 2,000! just for one team) Kryotechs were supposed to "alleviate" the gear crunch, not leave it in darkness!

Oh and yes, after unlocking 5 GL's, my salvage is running very thin. So where's the relief for that?

Also, you want us to have these older characters at high relic levels, but they still have older stats. I have Boba Fett at R5, but he doesn't hit anywhere near the level that a newer character at R5 hits. Speaking of which, Tie Fighter on defense already dodges 10 times in a row, but at R5 is he even going to be hit? (Your fleet AI's RNG calculations are out of control by the way, put some limitations on the spectrum of possibility already.)
    Post edited by Whatelse73 on
  • TantemaG
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    First time poster and made an account for that purpose. A bit of context, I have been playing off and on for a number of years, spent money (not huge amounts, $15 crystal packs here and there) and only really started recently focusing on collecting teams as opposed to random characters that I thought were cool. Have only recently cracked 1mil GP. I know that I have been inefficient, thats on me (I only say this as I am sure someone will lock on to this and use the argument "thats not CG's fault" to dismiss my argument).

I don't have a GL, and don't really plan on getting one anytime soon. I am matched against people who are far stronger then me in GAC and SA so mostly place teams for currency and start an arena fight and forfeit just to make the daily quest.

Others have pointed out very valid reasons for why excluding GLs from abilities/status-effects is bad so I don't want to rehash them here.

The reason why this disappoints me, and a few people have touched on this, is that the reasoning "we want GA's to be mini raid bosses" completely discounts the time, energy and effort put into farming characters to be able to complete a journey and then to build a team around them and gear all the toons up to be an equivalent or higher level in order to compete. Shouldn't they? Nerfing the characters that can fight GL's, that are already gated behind similar requirements (though not as severe, to be sure) "coz muh GL" seems to be, ignorant at best and at worst intellectually dishonest.

I do hope they keep doing the video format though. I really liked it, yes its dad-jokes galore and it was unpolished but overall I did enjoy it.
  • Remember when they said we were getting a shipload of content? It was a puzzle the whole time. You were suppose to remove “load of” and replace the p with a t. Well done no one came up with that answer.
  • Other than the new characters, absolutely garbage!
    If we at least got some relief for gear and other relic levels I'd be fine with r9 but nope, just stockpiling the gear climb!
    And basically negating any GL counters is the grossest thing I've ever seen any devs do in any game! Absolutely disgusting!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The only thing they did is replace couple different types of harder to get gear with Kyrotechs. It is ridiculous that newer characters need them for such low gear levels and need a crazy amount. (The Bad Batch need 2,000 Kryotech salvage. 2,000! just for one team) Kryotechs were supposed to "alleviate" the gear crunch, not leave it in darkness!

100% correct!

Kyrotech alleviate's the gear crunch in the same way these nerfs help them create better characters going forwards. In short, not at all, and is just them trying to dress it up nicely in a way that doesn't sound so bad.

Remember when they claimed Padme's gear requirements were an 'error' caused by a mistake?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202941/padme-amidala-s-gear-requirements#latest

Yet now here we are with Bad Batch's gear requirements being a million times worse.

This is just the start. As a community we'll find more GL counters as we have so many brilliant minds, and yet they will just do the same again and worse, and create more downgrades for the same flimsy reasoning.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I will believe that when I see it because it hasn't happened in close to 5 years. Stun guns are still a joke and the drop rates have noticeably tanked. Want to ease the crunch, guarantee kyro drops and those pieces that each character requires literally hundreds of in order to gear.