• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    exile038 wrote: »
    Xcien wrote: »
    Darth Hayden should be in the game... as a Journey or Legendary character, or even released in Galactic Conquest. The GL Vader should absolutely be him in his suit with an Empire tag leading Imperial Troopers. With GL Leia as his counterpart leading Rebel Fighters.

We’re still in the Clone War era. Give us Supreme Commander Grievous as Kenobi’s counter. The sequels were given 4 GL’s, so give the prequels 4 GL’s too—give us Head of State Dooku and Jedi Master Windu. Both are huge characters who are pathetic ingame, both graphically and functionally. Then move onto OT era Vader, Leia, etc.

Give us GL Boba and GL Maul too while you’re at it. Lords of the underworld competing. Scoundrel/BH vs Scoundrel/Mandalorian.

How would Grievous and Dooku be any different, apart from giving Dooku a reskin and Grievous a cape?

I'd be happy with a caped Grievous. Not sure where he would stand but capes are cool.

I’d also be happy with a Supreme Commander Grevious. The Separatists should get a GL since they are a major faction but I’m sure we are getting a Vader of some kind with Empire primary synergy.

A Vader with a cape synergy will do.

Cape tag confirmed?

Lando meta incoming!!!!!

If lando is present, all characters with a Cape gain 9000% offense and damage immunity until the end of the encounter.

Lando GL, ultimate form, he changes his cape.
  • We can put the arguments to rest now. We have our answer
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Now let the sweet tears fall from those who say it wouldn’t be Lord Vader, into my mug. Ah those sweet bitter tears!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Now let the sweet tears fall from those who say it wouldn’t be Lord Vader, into my mug. Ah those sweet bitter tears!

It wont be and I stand by this statement. 😥😢🤣🤣🤣
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Probably we'll know by June 16th, why?
    Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

um didnt SEE fight rey and ben, while JML fought SLKR? meaning they didnt fight there counterpart in tiers 4-6
    I can totally see Anakin GL being the next one, but hey, we don't have to wait that long to find out!

Well remember, all of the GL events on Tier 4-6 you fight against the GL counter part, I don't think this time will be different, we'll get to see a sneak peak of the next GL for sure

I didn't know JML's GL counterpart was SLK.

JML final tier is against Kylo. What you’re saying was only true for Rey and Kylo.

My bad on recalling the "GL Counterpart"

But let's be honest;

Any of you think that Tier 4-6 is gonna be against any other of the alredy existing GL's?

Answer is no

Do you think it would make sense if the GG fight was the final fight? They're walking Kenobi through the Revenge of the Sith events. The iconic moments. Since the last fight can't be Kenobi taking Luke to Tatooine bc there's no fight there, obviously the last fight would be Anakin.

Congratulations, you've proved a plot has an order. That doesn't mean he's the next GL. It just means the battles will follow the film's plot. I'm still waiting for the scene where Anakin declared himself a Separatist that no one seems to have seen yet. Have you?

Hello

How is it going?

Tier 4-6 was Lord Vader (not the actual kit, but the hint)
    And now he is confirmed...

They called me mad
  • Lol! I knew it. The writings was on the wall.
  • well I was wrong.. freely admit to that..

oh well... not the decision I would have made but its not my game, so c'est la vie..
  • @Xcien
    Me: Separately: I support a relic Tusken requirement for GL Vader.

Xcien: Do you have Relic Tuskens?

No. I don't have any Tuskens above g8 except shaman, at g11, who is not required (as yet) for Vader. You can see my Tuskens here.

I support good storytelling, and although the Tuskens weren't themselves manipulating Skywalker's mind, Palp used the Skywalker massacre of the Tuskens to push Skywalker farther toward the Dark Side.

The tuskers thus play an important role in the character development of Anakin Skywalker in moving him toward becoming Darth Vader. Yes, they do this by kidnapping Shmi (when Anakin isn't present) and only die quickly while Anakin is present. They aren't actively seducing Anakin to the Dark Side with cookies or pretty speeches. But the conflict with the Tuskens that they precipitated and which Palp manipulated is **incredibly** important to Skywalking become Lord Vader.

Because of the storytelling aspect (which, by the way, is nonexistent for the Bad Batch who play no role in Anakin becoming Vader or even Anakin becoming a Jedi or something earlier in his life), I not only support a relic tusken requirement for Lord Vader, I honestly would have been disappointed had one not been included.

I don't think it's strictly necessary, but if they had required all 3 Tuskens at relic levels, I would have grumbled a very minor amount, and only privately, and publicly supported the requirement. After all, Skywalker slaughtered all the Tuskens in that massacre. Not just the raiders.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    @Xcien
    Me: Separately: I support a relic Tusken requirement for GL Vader.

Xcien: Do you have Relic Tuskens?

No. I don't have any Tuskens above g8 except shaman, at g11, who is not required (as yet) for Vader. You can see my Tuskens here.

I support good storytelling, and although the Tuskens weren't themselves manipulating Skywalker's mind, Palp used the Skywalker massacre of the Tuskens to push Skywalker farther toward the Dark Side.

The tuskers thus play an important role in the character development of Anakin Skywalker in moving him toward becoming Darth Vader. Yes, they do this by kidnapping Shmi (when Anakin isn't present) and only die quickly while Anakin is present. They aren't actively seducing Anakin to the Dark Side with cookies or pretty speeches. But the conflict with the Tuskens that they precipitated and which Palp manipulated is **incredibly** important to Skywalking become Lord Vader.

Because of the storytelling aspect (which, by the way, is nonexistent for the Bad Batch who play no role in Anakin becoming Vader or even Anakin becoming a Jedi or something earlier in his life), I not only support a relic tusken requirement for Lord Vader, I honestly would have been disappointed had one not been included.

I don't think it's strictly necessary, but if they had required all 3 Tuskens at relic levels, I would have grumbled a very minor amount, and only privately, and publicly supported the requirement. After all, Skywalker slaughtered all the Tuskens in that massacre. Not just the raiders.

I’m aware of why they would be required, I was just wondering how good your Tuskens are.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Fair.
  • The_Darkchyld
    15 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Is anyone else **** about LV having 3 BB requirements?
    Kenobi needed one "newer" character in Bo Katan and LV needs 3 just in the first lot released?
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    Right now I'm thinking where are all the people who shouted and were sure that Lord Vader wasn't going to be the next GL because of some weird conviction that all the other GLs were paired by faction, and that that was a rule that couldn't be broken by CG? Where are you? Wasn't the next GL supposed to be GG or Maul? :p
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • @The_Darkchyld

Yeah, there's literally no story reason that BB are important to Anakin's development to Vader.

Since they put in 3 with zero reason other than they require a huge amount of gear and are new so no one has them geared already...

...you can count on all 5 being requirements for Vader. That's it. If they have no reason to put 3 in but did, then they have no reason to keep the last 2 out.

Vader is going to need all 2k Kyros for all 5 BB plus at least 8 other characters, all which require minimum 100 Kyros each, but probably at least 3 that require 200 to 300, so... 2000 + 5 x 100 + 3x (200 to 300) = 3100 to 3400. Just to get him. Then the standard 700 kyros to gear LV himself. 3500 kyros is the optimistic estimate of total required. 4100 or even more isn't out of the question.
  • MilHanso wrote: »
    Right now I'm thinking where are all the people who shouted and were sure that Lord Vader wasn't going to be the next GL because of some weird conviction that all the other GLs were paired by faction, and that that was a rule that couldn't be broken by CG? Where are you? Wasn't the next GL supposed to be GG or Maul? :p

I was one those who were convinced it wasn't going to be Lord Vader..

read the above post.. I already admitted I was wrong.

oh well...
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    MilHanso wrote: »

I was one of those who were convinced it wasn't going to be Lord Vader..

oh well...

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Kenobi needed one "newer" character in Bo Katan and LV needs 3 just in the first lot released?

Kinda hyped, because bb are great characters. Imo, the real cost of a gl is not how much it costs in gear, but how many useless/meh characters you have to relic in order to unlock it.
  • Jo0121
    137 posts Member

Kinda hyped, because bb are great characters. Imo, the real cost of a gl is not how much it costs in gear, but how many useless/meh characters you have to relic in order to unlock it.

I don't mind it. Hoped for Echo, but oh well...

I chose JML as my first GL because of all the teams I got while working on him.

Although with GAS and Padme, LV is going to be the most difficult to obtain and take the crown from JML, I think.

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Jo0121 wrote: »

I don't mind it. Hoped for Echo, but oh well...

I chose JML as my first GL because of all the teams I got while working on him.

Although with GAS and Padme, LV is going to be the most difficult to obtain and take the crown from JML, I think.

it will still depend on his other charaters needed ti unlock i think, but i hope he requires snipps and asajj at least since they are needed for Gsky as well (similar to how JML needed JKL and reused the requirments a bit)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    CAT will be required. A data mine shows that you can buy her shards for 20 notes along with the packs for Wat, Nego and General K.

Unless they did a switchroo and requires you to R7/8 original Ashako.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    CAT will be required. A data mine shows that you can buy her shards for 20 notes along with the packs for Wat, Nego and General K.

Unless they did a switchroo and requires you to R7/8 original Ashako.

Cat is strong enough so people may want to buy her without being a prerequisite. I’m all on board with cat as a prerequisite though, great character.
  • Is anyone else **** about LV having 3 BB requirements?

And this only the first set of requirements. We can expect the rest of the squad and the other tuskens.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    MilHanso wrote: »

I was one those who were convinced it wasn't going to be Lord Vader..

oh well...

Oh well... You're the only one that admitted it, thank you. But there are others that were pretty vocal about it that are silent as a tomb right now (or just pretending they said nothing).
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Stryde
    152 posts Member
    This is my first reply on this thread, but with all the hypotheses, arguments, and logical fallacies about the (at that time outside of CG employees) unknown next GL after Kenobi, I was 100% certain that at least one person on the forums had the correct prediction, and also that at least one person who correctly predicted the next GL (Lord Vader) would request that the incorrect people show up to eat crow in some way after it was announced.

But I'm bitter because I owe $4000 on a GL Jar Jar bet, so please disregard this post.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    @The_Darkchyld

Yeah, there's literally no story reason that BB are important to Anakin's development to Vader.

Since they put in 3 with zero reason other than they require a huge amount of gear and are new so no one has them geared already...

...you can count on all 5 being requirements for Vader. That's it. If they have no reason to put 3 in but did, then they have no reason to keep the last 2 out.

Vader is going to need all 2k Kyros for all 5 BB plus at least 8 other characters, all which require minimum 100 Kyros each, but probably at least 3 that require 200 to 300, so... 2000 + 5 x 100 + 3x (200 to 300) = 3100 to 3400. Just to get him. Then the standard 700 kyros to gear LV himself. 3500 kyros is the optimistic estimate of total required. 4100 or even more isn't out of the question.

I was also surprised by that. I was expecting BB Echo as a requirement, it made total sense, we always have 1 or 2 marquees, Echo was part of the 501st, and Anakin went with the BB to rescue him on S7. It was a perfect fit. But the rest of the BB... Yeah it seems to be only for having high gearing requirements, the Kyrotech bundles are going to shine...

On the other hand, at least BB it's an awesome team, and it's gonna be totally worth it to relic them up (except Omega of course)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Yeah I agree.

The Bad Batch, however not a fit to Lord Vader’s path, is still a good team. You can’t go wrong with R5 Bad Batch squad.

BB Echo will probably show up in later, which make it 4 marquee characters. That’s a bit too much but still better than trash.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Yeah I agree.

The Bad Batch, however not a fit to Lord Vader’s path, is still a good team. You can’t go wrong with R5 Bad Batch squad.

BB Echo will probably show up in later, which make it 4 marquee characters. That’s a bit too much but still better than trash.

Especially with all of the kryo requirements to even get BB to relic level.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I'm with Nikom:

A bit too much?

Nah. Way too much. They have nothing to do with his character development yet constitute 1/2 or more of all Kyros required. Cad Bane had way more to do with Kenobi's character arc, if you include the cartoons (and if you don't include the cartoons then Anakin never even met the BB), and he's just 100 of Kenobi's Kyros.

BB for LV is one of the worst decisions that CG has ever made. I would much rather gear up a Cad Bane or a Magnaguard, characters that actually had something to do with Kenobi becoming the great warrior & Master of his GL form, than some random, freshly released 400 Kyro toons. The same goes for Vader. Make me gear up 3 Tuskens (mine are g11/shaman, g8 for the others) to relics & I'm fine: they were an important part of his story. Gearing up BB? How did they contribute anything at all to Anakin's growing preoccupation with the Dark Side?

Nah. Release a marquee of the baby Hutt Anakin rescued in the first CW:TAS adventure & you've got a better candidate for Vader's requirements than the BB.

I'm glad some people like that the requirements include a good team. I would rather the requirements include good storytelling.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Reqs are harsh - that's already 3 fairly new characrers to get to 7* - 900 shards plus all the gear. I think GL Kenobi is the easier path.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    I'm glad some people like that the requirements include a good team. I would rather the requirements include good storytelling.

I think most people won't agree on that. You really would be happy having to relic TRASH characters like Tuskens, bloating your GP and putting you in a hard spot for GA and TW? I'm pretty sure most people disagree on that, everybody haterd to gear Rose Tico for Rey, and I've never seen someone use her on a decent, non-meme team.

No, the big problem with the BB it's not that it doesn't make sense, neither is the fact that it means 4 marquees as a req... It's the high gear requirement it implies. Having to farm about 2000 Kyros it's just insane, and it only shows how bad the gear grind is on this game, how little do the Devs care about players, only about how can they sell more. There clearly is no interest on helping players with the gear grind, it's only getting worse, and the fact that they said that Kyrotechs were implemented to aliviate the gear grind, only makes it more insulting.

• I think most people won't agree on that.

I didn't say it was popular. I said it was my opinion.
    You really would be happy having to relic TRASH characters like Tuskens, bloating your GP and putting you in a hard spot for GA and TW?

Yes. If and only if they're trash characters that were important in the development of Anakin towards the Dark Side.

Darth Sidius. Tuskens. Zam. (Mace, too, but he's not going to happen since he's a GLOW requirement.)

All of those are pretty terrible characters, but also decisively important to Anakin's development. I would take any of them over BB because those would be choices that respect the source material. I'm perfectly aware that's not the popular opinion, but it's my opinion.