F2P GL Progress - 3RD Batch

Replies

• The arena grind is real. For the first time I am running two squads to climb and have been placing top 20 sometimes and even top 10 after top 50 for years. I just got my 3rd GL to R7 but still need her ult.
    ..FTP
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • The arena grind is real. For the first time I am running two squads to climb and have been placing top 20 sometimes and even top 10 after top 50 for years. I just got my 3rd GL to R7 but still need her ult.
    ..FTP

Glad to know there’s hope for me, since I would hardly have the time to climb to number one in both arenas every day. Getting top 5 in fleet is already a lot of time and effort
  • Yeah, I have all the characters that have been in general release for any amount of time at 7* already, except KAM, if you want to count KAM as in general release. Not all of them are 7*, but I think the only one that's been in general release for a while that I don't have 7* is Bo Katan. Everything newer than her is not yet 7*, everything older than her is 7* (save KAM & SEE).

When you don't have many toons to farm, you can get more gear farmed.

When you're getting 400+ crystals/day, all your remaining farms can be easily accelerated, so it doesn't take as long to get the new Mando faction or Bad Batch.

In the meantime, you might be farming for a GL, but most of that work takes place after g12+2 (I almost always have at least 2 full pieces of g12 / left side gear waiting for any new g12s).

Since most of the g12 and all the relic gear is stuff that competes very little with sub g12 gear, it's easy to take other toons to g11+4 or +5.

Then when a new GL gets released you still have to do the hardest stuff (g12 right side + relics over r5), but you don't have to start out from g7 on 7 different toons where everyone needs stun guns, etc. And you also don't have to start out still needing to slow farm shards for 4 or 5 characters.

So the longer you play, the closer you get to the point where what matters is collecting enough Kyros, Crystals, g12/right side gear, and Signal data. Almost everything else is either done already or it's a side project that doesn't slow you down from the g12 and high relic grind. Even if you do have something still at g7, you probably don't have very many things that low, so it's easy to get those few things from g7 to g12+2 while you're spending gear on other toons. Since you don't have the signal data to relic everything at once, those toons would have been waiting their turns anyway.

So while now it's a struggle and time consuming just to get things to g12 before you can start thinking about going for relics & getting your GL, in the future you can just start at g12 with most of it, and the rest of it doesn't slow you down since they're ready for g12 gear by the time you've got g12 gear available.

Keep up the work on fleet arena. You'll progress. I didn't start hitting top 50 in squad arena until end of last year sometime, and my best finish is still #2, but with other sources of crystals and a solid top50 finish every day, the #1 in fleet gets you the rest of what you need to zoom past your competitors and keep climbing the ranks.

You'll get there. I promise.
  • 750 crystals a day for 5 years is about $8500 or so USD
  • I felt like for batch 4, hoarding for f2p doesn’t work as hoarding is not enough to get all the BB available efficiently. Grinding seem more efficiently
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yes, imo for quite a while cg is trying to steer us away from hoarding mentality. On other things hoarding worked to a degree but it doesn't matter when there's no scheduled events one has to catch, I'm still working on ulti of jmk and feel no pressure for vader either.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    I felt like for batch 4, hoarding for f2p doesn’t work as hoarding is not enough to get all the BB available efficiently. Grinding seem more efficiently

Yes but with 100K crystals you have a good buffer. You don't need to buy everything just use enough to get over the speed hump

For example if echo is the furthest from 7* you can buy 100 or so shards of him to get him to 7*.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    You said F2P and GL in the same sentence. CG will probably delete your account now
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • First batch of lord Vader requirements are tough. Plus executor requirements too.

Tough times ahead
  • First batch of lord Vader requirements are tough. Plus executor requirements too.

Tough times ahead

The question is if Executor is a GL level capital ship or not. If yes, you better get that first or your ship climbing life will suck.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I'm resource drained after jmk

83w2eag20bc8.png

I was farming for bad batch but that's still months away as I refuse to 3x each of them until completion. I wanna smooth sail for executor but first have to see how to fullfill RC 7* req.

7xlbwtqramrk.png

• MaruMaru wrote: »

83w2eag20bc8.png

I was farming for bad batch but that's still months away as I refuse to 3x each of them until completion. I wanna smooth sail for executor but first have to see how to fullfill RC 7* req.

I plan go for ship first especially if it is GL level capital simply because of the requirement is so high and fleet meta has been stale for 3 years. BB farming takes time anyway, so the timing might simply work out. I am 58/100 on RC ship though, so need some clarity on how to get remaining shards.
  • I'm so close to my first GL! Been farming for ages and not been able to keep up with the whale meta!! Can't wait though, hopefully next month! z90tuuwsl6ff.jpg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    sloweagle wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

83w2eag20bc8.png

I plan go for ship first especially if it is GL level capital simply because of the requirement is so high and fleet meta has been stale for 3 years. BB farming takes time anyway, so the timing might simply work out. I am 58/100 on RC ship though, so need some clarity on how to get remaining shards.

Doing the same, I'm down to this:
    hb8pd6tu5w7t.png

And similarly I'm also at 58/100 for rc. Unless directly farmable, rc will be a real pita.

And similarly I'm also at 58/100 for rc. Unless directly farmable, rc will be a real pita.

I think maybe it can unlock at 5 stars like other capital ship and doesn’t require 7* RC to unlock. Will see.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I think maybe it can unlock at 5 stars like other capital ship and doesn’t require 7* RC to unlock. Will see.

Yes, probably, then we can get it at 6*, the question becomes if it can knock the meta without being full.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

We’ll see, but don’t get to excited. With requirements of this magnitude, 7* unlock seems the way to go.
  • I have SLKR relic 8 with ultimate. Rey, relic 7 with ultimate and a relic 5 JML without the ultimate (5/10).
    JML will stay at relic 5 as my goal ATM is to unlock the capital ship Exe-something.
    Once that is done I will move onto the SEE grind as all of those requirements are already 7 star.
    As a ftp I try hard to avoid single shard farms. Luckily I started on Piett as he is on a shared node with RHP.

Yes, probably, then we can get it at 6*, the question becomes if it can knock the meta without being full.

So my prediction is hit and miss. Lol. We f2p get to unlock at 4 stars and take forever to get it to 7*. Meanwhile, the RC requirement is not a problem at all.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    hyc2cz6nf9om.png
    This is my gl executor progress xD. What is left of it. (rc*7 is no issue obviously)
  • tED209 wrote: »
    I'm so close to my first GL! Been farming for ages and not been able to keep up with the whale meta!! Can't wait though, hopefully next month! z90tuuwsl6ff.jpg

So, a quick update! Unlocked him today!!!! Now just held back by the inevitable Stun Gun gear crunch :/3lg6cfu28hs2.jpg
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    tED209 wrote: »
    tED209 wrote: »
    I'm so close to my first GL! Been farming for ages and not been able to keep up with the whale meta!! Can't wait though, hopefully next month! z90tuuwsl6ff.jpg

So, a quick update! Unlocked him today!!!! Now just held back by the inevitable Stun Gun gear crunch :/3lg6cfu28hs2.jpg

Congratulations!
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Seriously, congrats on SLKR.

But I also wanted to say about this
    the inevitable Stun Gun gear crunch

That, believe it or not, this gets better and is (eventually) not inevitable.

Keep going! It gets ever better!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yeah in terms of gear crunch, as early f2p I got over the old gear hump. Kyros+g12 pieces it is now.
  • Hardest thing lately is getting signal data to keep up with everything else.
  • It’s interesting to see how different luck in drop rates affect players differently. Signal data is not the bottleneck for me, but gear used for relics and the old stun guns & company crunch are still very much a thing even though it shouldn’t be according to CGs stellar move to introduce Kyros. :D
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    It’s interesting to see how different luck in drop rates affect players differently. Signal data is not the bottleneck for me, but gear used for relics and the old stun guns & company crunch are still very much a thing even though it shouldn’t be according to CGs stellar move to introduce Kyros. :D

It has nothing to do with luck. The difference comes from seniority. Early f2p had more of the old gear in total, so the needs shift.
  • fwdaamd20d6t.jpeg

All relic gears done. All I need is more of the signal data stuff.

Jango R4
    Wat R2
    Cody R4
    Clone Sarge R1.
  • sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Lol, the second batch ensures f2p won’t get it for a long time. At least I won’t get it for a long time. Maybe they will require Omega to be group 3 too.
    9iy2lewsscdo.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.