[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Riozoba
    18 posts Member
    go back to the drawing board because screwing up peoples effort developing non GL counters is just a BAD idea
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    This is low down. I love how you always do this on a Friday.

So what people can find counters you didn't think of in your "extensive" testing. That's what makes this game fun. Like a puzzle.

I really enjoyed working with my guild to come up with JMK and CAT counters when she came out. That was actually VERY fun. It's no means an easy fight but still manageable.

Guess that is something that was not supposed to happen.

Sad.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    R_Val_17 wrote: »

So what people can find counters you didn't think of in your "extensive" testing. That's what makes this game fun. Like a puzzle.

I really enjoyed working with my guild to come up with JMK and CAT counters when she came out. That was actually VERY fun. It's no means an easy fight but still manageable.

Sad.
    There are some GL counters that still exist, that CG hasn't nerfed or affected with this

Will have to wait and see if the broader community learns of them or not
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    So R9 is coming relatively soon … but no new raids, no new challenges, events, etc announced.

The gear that needs salvaged for the mats for r8 is already ridiculous. I don’t know what more you could ask us to give?

So is r9 only going to be obtainable by credit card? Or do we have to salvage r8 mats to get r9 mats and make it twice as horrible?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

One: Why does it take a forum fire for a response?
    Two: Our feedback rarely results in change (looking at you GL ticket system, Mace rework, relicing bad toons, no ship squad selector, unending loyalty bug, gear economy updates etc etc) so will this time be any different?
    Three: I like lists
    Four: Shut the door
    Five: Crumb/Doja.....we need you on the forum more...way more. Crumb, this is your first response to a player since June 15th. (from what the replies says under your profile)...in the words of Kylo...MOARRR!! Kyno is great and all, but we need to hear from you guys....so rather than us asking questions...Kyno asking you, Kyno getting an answer and Kyno answering the forum, can you or Doja do that instead?

Chill out a little bro. This isn't DojaFett's or Crumb's fault. They're just doing their job, trying their best to placate their passion to this game and community while the heel or corporate greed forces them to be the face of it all.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Sad.
    There are some GL counters that still exist, that CG hasn't nerfed or affected with this

What's the point when they'll likely be nerfed in the future as well? If this Road Ahead is any indication.

the counter is get your own JMK & CAT :joy:
  • The whole point of the Vader Announcement, the Maul Announcement, and the new format was to be a sugar coating to the other changes
    Cannot believe they sugar coated bantha poodoo and are curious why we don't like the taste

Relic Characters for a ship?
    It better auto full r8 Nego/Mal teams

R5 Tusken, better be the worst requirement by a mile

Dengar required but no ship for him yet?
    Better be an accelerated f2p marquee like BA

You're also nerfing a lot of important characters
    Dark Trooper is a huge piece in two of the Assault Battles
    Losing efficiency on him slows Relic mat farming

So you slowed Relic farming in the same update you announced ANOTHER relic level

At this rate we'll go to R10, then R10 gets us access to start working on G14

Where am I supposed to use any of these characters?
    Conquest was fun until you made it a chore
    Grand Arena is just a dice roll on who has more GLs
    The raids aren't fun anymore
    Shard mafias still dictate the Arenas
    All of the PvE content is use this team or you're wasting time
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    They will still likely take credit card, nothing (in the game) means more to them than $$. Other potential locations: Secrets and Shadows CT3, Insane Mode Conquest (7.5M GP required), LS Geo TB max reward crate (only added to potential pool, not guaranteed).

But in all seriousness probably some ridiculously difficult event. CT Tank raid is my real guess.
  • And here I was hoping they'd just nerf the JMK/CAT 1st turn insta kill combo...boy was I wrong lol.

Perhaps I'm just a bit salty because I spent the last year doing the JKL/GAS and working on JML thing...and now that I'm close to JML its time for JKL, GAS, and Wat to all get the nerf hammer which will make the current JML meta squads much less useful. Kinda stinks that in a game where nerfs are so rare a squad that has been your long term grind gets nerfed right before you complete it. :( It just really stinks when for the same effort I've put into farming for the last year I could have SLKR and SEE and be sitting pretty for the upcoming changes instead of totally being up a creek without a paddle.

Or maybe its just the realization that GAC is now going to turn into whenever you get a matchup where one of you has more GLs than the other, you just put all your GLs on defense and automatically win because the other guy can't clear. Either that or everyone just puts all their GLs on defense and now GACs are going to be based around just several battles because nobody can open up back rows anymore...which is just backwards logic from devs that recently increased number of squads required in the mode lol. Put more teams down but most of them will be irrelevant to the ultimate outcome? That isn't fun, its the strategy, theory crafting, and the underdog teams that make it fun. Same for TW...you get a matchup where they have 10 or 15 more GLs than you, you lose. Why even waste time trying? Even conquest...if you don't have a GL to counter a GL boss...how much fun will conquest be?

Mainly though, the biggest let down here was I had just been thinking to myself a few weeks ago about what a great place the game was in as far as squad diversity. There were just so many great squads to work on without really having to chase the most current meta, but everything had a fair amount of counters to it. Now though, it feels like its just being pushed in a direction where GL squads are going to be god squads looking down on all the peasant squads, with the god of gods being JMK/CAT thanks to the JML squad that is probably the most effective JMK counter getting nerfed.

I really hope these changes don't go live, not only because they just don't seem fun, but because it also seems like from reading posts here and over on reddit, a lot of people will be quitting, and that is just going to have a snowball effect when guilds start crumbling...especially at a time when R9 will become a thing and we'll be needing more and more R8s to unlock future characters. If I get hit with the old 1-2 combo of a bunch of ridiculous nerfs that make things less fun and a bunch of my guildies all quitting so all the TB progress we've been making gets set back many months and our ability to complete cPit goes away, its just makes me walking away from the game all the much more likely. I didn't intend this to be a whiney "I quit!" post with zero constructive value, but I'm just mentioning it because I can't imagine I'd be the only one in this position...especially when there is just so much feedback from players on the last road ahead with an overwhelming amount of it being negative.

Sad.

:okonahi:
    :angerlick:
    :whatsgonnahappentonight:
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Sad.

So DV, Wat and Thrawn no longer being counters is just like, nothing?

Outta here with that weak apologist crap.

Apologizing for what?

I'm not a fan of some of the nerfs myself, just reassuring the person that I quoted that he can still find newer counters in the game
  • easy fix to all this. remove everything after the "new boss modifiers" section and simply DO NOT nerf toons that are working perfectly fine! let us keep are non GL, GL counters! what harm are these counters? they might counter them but they do not hold nearly as well on defense. the number of times i have faced some one with 1-2 GLs when i had none in GAC was laughable and now that i have just ONE GL i still get opponents in GAC with more and removing these counters will all but insure i lose! this is not the way to improve the health of the game this will make it extremely more toxic then it all ready is. only real solution with all these nerfs to make it some what healthy would be making it so you cant place GLs on defense for GAC or TW at this rate...
    Zanir wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Sad.

So DV, Wat and Thrawn no longer being counters is just like, nothing?

Outta here with that weak apologist crap.

Apologizing for what?

I'm not a fan of some of the nerfs myself, just reassuring the person that I quoted that he can still find newer counters in the game

Not very reassuring when you don't actually mention the counters.
  • I'm extremely concerned about these nerfs nerfing Jedi Master Luke. JKL and Gen Sky are big parts of his team. Is CG going to refund my Jedi Master Luke if he's not as good as he used to be? I wouldn't have bothered to even get him if it wasn't for him being good with JKL and Gen Sky. I feel betrayed.

EXACTLY!!! He's one of the worst GL's and relies the most on his supporting team. And now he'll be even worse since 2 of the best Jedi that are used with him are getting nerfed!
  • Disgusting!
  • CapD
    22 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Dammit CG. Watching today’s announcements all I could think was…

- ppl are going to quit the game because of this. Now we’ve already lost long term key people in our guild tonight.

- This will make the remaining stronger members of guilds have to decide between sticking with the people they’ve been with for years and our progress grinding to a halt, or leaving to find new guilds of strangers just because they’re whales. A BIG part of the reason ppl play this game is social. This is poison for social.

- these moves totally disrespect the customers time and effort. As one small example, I’ve been working on Dark Trooper for what… half a year?… relicing the remnants he’d go with, and am 11 shards from 7*. All that time and effort is wasted. I would never have bothered with all that, and could have been much closer to another GL, which I guess is all that matters now… if I knew they were just going to wreck him just as ppl are starting to earn him. Months of looking forward to him for nothing… now I won’t even bother relicing him.

- Non-GLs need to be strong, not to beat GLs alone, but to give depth to the GL vs GL combinations. Will Kylo no longer be able to beat Kenobi under certain setups with the help of Wat? I no longer have any idea. These changes spit on all the investments we have made that are impacted by the value of Vader, Wat, Jedi Luke and all the other toons being nerfed (most of our key characters)

I wouldn’t say this is the worst I’ve felt about this game, but after many years of playing it certainly does not feel good to have my time and effort spat on like this.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    This is a joke. How about nerfing all the sequel GL toons. You guys messed up when you made the sequel characters the most powerful thing in the universe.

And now OG Vader is getting NERFED?

I've been playing since day one and I'm all but done. I've given far too much money to this game over the years (no whale by ANY means) and all I get is characters I love being nerfed and silly grinds that take MONTHS to complete. Getting mats for R8 is beyond ridiculous. Demanding that you need R8 for new toons to unlock is just feeding into the whales.

I hate to face the music, but all these devs and EA care about is keeping the whales happy and onto the next feeding frenzy.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I bet we will get another signal data along with r9…watch.
  • Friggin Doja_Fett and your gooberish jokes
    52i2utgax85c.png
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • F2P_Player
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    This is TERRIBLE. You HATE F2P players don’t you. Are we just not allowed to have fun. I’ve been playing this game everyday for 5 years and you just keep screwing us F2P players over. Our ONLY way to compete in this game is to find smart ways to counter squads we can’t obtain. There not unfair, they don’t ruin the game. Counters to GL’s are what make the game balanced and fun for everyone. But you don’t want the game to be balanced for everyone. You want the game to be easier for P2P players so they’ll spend more money..
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I have been really enjoying the new Galactic Conquest mode. I am a f2p without a GL and am able to normally get to 5 hard. With these changes it now sounds as if it will be pointless even playing this mode as I won’t be able to get through the first boss mode because of my lack of GL regardless of normal or hard mode. As for GAC well what’s the point in that now, at least I had a chance as I had counters to some of the GL’s. Mats for relic 8, what are they? I struggle to get mats for relic 7. At the very least some of the bottle necks in the game need to be removed to allow everyone to gear up characters.

Sad.

What's the point when they'll likely be nerfed in the future as well? If this Road Ahead is any indication.

Not only what you said, but hypothetically even if there are a serviceable amount of GL counters out there that just aren't widely known yet...why are we nerfing what we are then? GAS and JKL are 2 of the toughest non-GL characters to get, Wat is a long farm not accessible to newer players for some time, and Vader, although not hard to get, is literally probably the most iconic star wars character. If we are going to have non-GL GL counters...my opinion would be a cast like that would be exactly who we want to fill that role.

Like seriously what is Ultra even saying...we can't have hard to get and/or iconic characters countering GLs anymore but there are some C-tier characters out there capable of doing it that we just haven't figured out yet? I don't know what is worse right now...reading the list of upcoming nerfs or reading replies like this from CG mouthpieces...just completely ignorant and tone deaf.
  • The_Nev
    22 posts Member
    Some interesting comments made that show some glaring issues with the kit changes.

Two guilds face each other in TW both with an equal amount of GL's. They all go on the front wall creating a stalemate as they cant be beaten by anything other than a GL. BC also brings up the point that what if the GL v GL battle results in a loss in GAC and there is no off meta counter to clean up the match?

By all means make the GL's tougher (like raid boss level) but consider reversing the changes to the off meta counters. Make us increase relic levels or get better mods. Don't make the character irrelevant.

Give us some hope. Please dont make the time investment, in characters/toons, that people make for months at a time irrelevant.
  • If you are making the GL only beatable by GL you need to matchmake on a 1 to 1 ratio. I've been a day one player and the gl almost made me quit bc they were over powered. But if my guild rolls into a tw and they have 10 gl and my guild only has maybe 5 we would instantly lose. That's not good game design.