[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Well, after reading 14 pages of angry comments, I think I can safely say this:
    CG, you messed up terribly. From insane requirements for new toons, to adding another relic level (as if the gear crunch wasn’t already bad enough), to nerfing non-GLs to try to prevent non-GL counters; it seems as if you want to alienate the majority of the player base from the krakens. I’ve lost track of how many people I’ve seen on this thread say that they’re leaving the game over this.
    The RA started out good, and I had high hopes when I started reading it. But as I read on, it seemingly got worse and worse.
    I don’t know what else to say, since most of the things I want to say have already been stated in the previous 14 pages, apart from how disappointing this is.
    I’ll still be playing the game, but at this rate, I don’t know for how much longer before I, along with the rest of the F2P are forced to spend, or leave.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I've commented quite a bit and I really should step back. But I have to raise one more novel concern:

It seems like these changes (both boosting GLs and nerfing non GLs frequently used against GLs) will have a serious impact on Conquest. In light of that, I have a couple questions:

1. Will the team be focussed on keeping Conquest difficulty no worse than in past, including minor nerfs to Sector bosses where appropriate?

2. In keeping Conquest difficulty similar, will the team be looking at NOT ONLY how many people reach Red Box, but also
    2a. How many battles it takes to reach that box (did the grind increase, even if success stayed the same)
    **and**
    2b. Did the growth rate of new people achieving Red Box stay the same? As people grow there rosters, we wouldn't expect Red Box performance to stay static even if the difficulty does. If the difficulty is static and rosters grow, we would expect more Red Boxes each month, so in addition to checking for grind increase, are you checking the right comparison metric for Red Boxes?

Finally, and related, but separate, from the GL concerns: GAS coming out of his meditation so much sooner seems primed to really cause problems in Sector 2. It also seems like it might be a problem elsewhere.

Have you considered whether he is better changed so that instead of gaining 20% TM on a 501st ally turn, he gains 10% on a 501st ally turn (like normal, for any toon) but gains a further +10% the first time a 501st ally uses an ability on their own turn?

He would come out of his stance just as fast if the 501st is not subject to Fear or Stun, but that would leave ways to control the 501st more intact.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    Welcome changes, thank you. This should help to solidify using full faction teams that are meant to be together.
  • Loved the new format. Keep up the good work guys lots to work on for the next few months!
  • dragonsage wrote: »
    easy fix to all this. remove everything after the "new boss modifiers" section and simply DO NOT nerf toons that are working perfectly fine! let us keep are non GL, GL counters! what harm are these counters? they might counter them but they do not hold nearly as well on defense. the number of times i have faced some one with 1-2 GLs when i had none in GAC was laughable and now that i have just ONE GL i still get opponents in GAC with more and removing these counters will all but insure i lose! this is not the way to improve the health of the game this will make it extremely more toxic then it all ready is. only real solution with all these nerfs to make it some what healthy would be making it so you cant place GLs on defense for GAC or TW at this rate...

Actually it would be to count and our divide gl from none gl
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ally wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. @chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

Yes and now those 300k are harder to counter, so 300k of GLs is going to be matched against 300k of non GLs, this gives the non GLs less chance because they are matched on GP not their GL status. This is really bad because its not just the characters that p[layers have invested in its the characters for that specific team - now my Rey counter potentially wont work its not just Vader ive invested in but shore etc.

Its pretty transparent what they are doing and pretty gross.

If you have an extra 300k in your GP, especially your MM GP, and no GL, that may be your problem right there, and that has nothing to do with the changes.

But you're not matched against people who have the same exact GP you do. You're matched against people who are within the same GP bracket as you. And the brackets are wider than 300K. So you don't need to have an excess 300K in your GP to get matched against someone with more GLs than you, be it 0 vs 1 or 4 vs 5. If there are no non-GL counters, then there is no way to balance that without shrinking the brackets such that any GL forces you into another bracket up every time.

Plus, the game should not require every person to minmax their GP to the utmost to have a chance at a fair fight in a single game mode. I'm the first to admit my own roster is *badly* bloated on GP. I've been working the past several months to build up the top end of my roster to compensate for earlier bloating, and right now I'm floating on the bubble where I don't face any fully built GLs, and only rarely a low gear GL. Beat a low gear SEE last round that had a suboptimal squad around him allowing me to throw damage in fast with no tank to protect him. Part of that bloat is knowing nothing about optimizing, etc when I first joined the game and for a year or more thereafter. Part of it was also being in a guild where I really liked the culture but the GP spread was so huge that a couple of guys such as myself were fielding over 30 squads from one person just to fill slots in TW because half of our guild struggled to deploy even the 4 squads and 1 fleet per player that TW builds its territory squad count around. But I also know players with much better optimized rosters than mine who are still hitting that bubble where they encounter GLs without having them or encounter more GLs than they themselves have. That's still workable if there are non-GL counters, but if there's not going to be any non-GL counter then there is no way to balance a bracket that would ever allow a non-GL to face a GL.
  • How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

So is that to say you thought about and do not care what we have to say? Or that you are still somewhat flexible?
  • gusyud
    41 posts Member
    looks like most players who spend money every month don't mind the current meta (non GL can beat GL). GL should indeed can be defeated by non GL, although it is more difficult than non GL. but not made so impossible to beat by non GL.
    in the end ordinary players would stop playing because the obstacles were difficult to pass. while big spenders will be bored because they will only use GL and there are no challenges.
  • Frankto wrote: »
    The video format is quite cool! This is a big improvement over how it is delivered usually.

That being said, however:
    1. After making it essentially impossible for people without Galactic Legend to compete in Squad Arena, do you have any plans to devalue chasing a very high rank? This would sting much less if people in the 50s and 100s knew they could count on higher rewards.
    2. How do you plan to change matchmaking in Grand Arena? People are being matched against players with Galactic Legends who don't have one right now, and the change you're making is making it next to impossible to counter them. One side having an unbeatable team doesn't make for a very interesting competition, does it? This is moreso true in territory war when matchmaking is often extremely uneven (my guild has lost maybe 2-3 matches this year -- TW is almost always very easy, and never fun).
    3. How do you plan to adjust Territory Battles? The lack of defense penetration is going to be felt most keenly there where even hard-hitting characters are significantly at a disadvantage against level 90 or higher Elite and Boss enemies.
    4. With the addition of relic 9 piling on for people who can barely afford to stay competitive without breaking the bank, are there any plans to alleviate the gear crunch?

I understand why you might feel compelled to make the changes you're making, but the messaging is so far off the mark that this raises more questions than it answers. When you make an announcement and everyone is asking "What now?" you might want to come prepared to answer. Just a thought.

Still hoping for the best, but so far history isn't on my side.

Man I wish tw had that many wins we get destroyed and maybe have 5 really close hard fought wins this year
  • 03Chaos wrote: »
    Better take GLs out of normal conquest boss battles then...I've said it since day one, there's nothing normal about a GL boss to players with under 4 million GP

Man I'm at 5.2m with no gl and it takes a lot to get past sector 4 and never beat sector5
  • Yes more please! You guys are great and I love the new format!!
  • Seeing the response to this road ahead, there is no way CG has talked to a single real player before trying to implement these changes. The nerfs and unbeatable gl stuff is the **** thing I have ever seen in a mobile game. The highest levels are going to become rock paper siccors . And from my understanding this will effectively ruin conquest for every non gl person. Even people with multiple gls think this is stupid. There is no reason gls being counterable by non gls is going to cause the game to lead to its end. If anything it’s led to a better environment in the game. I promise you right now, and I’ll speak in the only language you understand, money: this change will lose you 10s-100s of millions of dollars. I beg you to keep the fair environment that the players enjoy.
  • Seeing the response to this road ahead, there is no way CG has talked to a single real player before trying to implement these changes. The nerfs and unbeatable gl stuff is the **** thing I have ever seen in a mobile game. The highest levels are going to become rock paper siccors . And from my understanding this will effectively ruin conquest for every non gl person. Even people with multiple gls think this is stupid. There is no reason gls being counterable by non gls is going to cause the game to lead to its end. If anything it’s led to a better environment in the game. I promise you right now, and I’ll speak in the only language you understand, money: this change will lose you 10s-100s of millions of dollars. I beg you to keep the fair environment that the players enj
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    myb7esd1t2gu.jpg
  • When you combined this with their notice that they are changing CAT's AI logic, the implication is clear: no counters to JML will be allowed. That last announcement nerfed SLKR and SEE. This one nixes JML. We're back to the bad old days where if you didn't have the newest meta, you were out.
  • Nick_74
    72 posts Member
    Well I’m not f2p but this changes means it the last real money I will spend.
    I’m at 2,7 GP with still a few months before my first GL.

Now they made arena so much harder, they make me instant lose most GAC matches because I often meet GL there. TW will always be won by the team with most GL.

But even so how fun will the game be it the only way to beat a GL is to have the correct GL?
    If so many matches always will be instant win/ loss.

A badly trained monkey will be able to dominate now as long he has a few GL.

Also the trust is gone, why spend time and money on a team when any moment that team can be complete useless. As the GAS and GG team just became for most players
  • Kipps
    43 posts Member
    Al these nerfs stopping non GL counters will just end the game. So everything will just be a GL count... this is the WORST possible thing these fools could have thought of. What the hell happened to balance? Might as well give a huge sale then end the game. Or is this a last ditch effort to milk the players?
  • I quite liked the new format of the road ahead really hope they continue doing it moving forward.
  • Snaveis wrote: »
    Seeing the response to this road ahead, there is no way CG has talked to a single real player before trying to implement these changes. The nerfs and unbeatable gl stuff is the **** thing I have ever seen in a mobile game. The highest levels are going to become rock paper siccors . And from my understanding this will effectively ruin conquest for every non gl person. Even people with multiple gls think this is stupid. There is no reason gls being counterable by non gls is going to cause the game to lead to its end. If anything it’s led to a better environment in the game. I promise you right now, and I’ll speak in the only language you understand, money: this change will lose you 10s-100s of millions of dollars. I beg you to keep the fair environment that the players enjoy.

Hit the nail on the head but gluttony is too strong at CG and they know the prequel fan boys are gonna spend big on crispy Anakin
  • Kyno wrote: »
    What? Those are some massive changes. Why? That's so annoying. This changes so much.

They do say re-relic in the text (haven't watched the video yet) so it sounds like we will materials back to reevaluate once it happens.

As for the why, I will need to check if they are going to discuss the situation at this time, but it has to do with defense penetration and how its climbing in effectiveness with relics.

It’s not about the materials… are you nuts it completely changes the game for no good reason except the krakens complaining they need more advantages because they have never won a fair battle in their lives
  • My only concern is relic 9.
    Hope that source will be ftp friendly.

• Are you kidding me? Basically spend more money or be pushed out of the game? The requirements are ridiculous, the nerfs and buffs are insulting. As a long playing and spending player, they will never get another dime from me.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    My only concern is relic 9.
    Hope that source will be ftp friendly.

Best zinger today!
  • I just recently got my dad to play this. My hopes were that he would have a fun game to play. Now you are literally merging every single character that counters a GL, tell us you don’t have time to rework mace windu when you reworked over 15 kits to fit your greedy plans, and basically slap all of us F2P in the face without addressing gear grind. Cool, we get more characters, are we having more ways to get more gear? Are we going to have them heavily nerfed down the road to meet a meta as well? Are we going to get some response with something we actually want like more ships, ship or vehicle viability, more gear modes or double gear drops?

You guys really screwed this up. I will not be playing your game anymore. After I finish this GL I’m over your game. Shame on you for being greedy. I miss when we had devs who cared about F2P and not lining their pockets. I hope this game fails in the future. You guys are seriously so shady for this. The only counters I had for GL’s are now useless thanks to your changes. Hope you’re happy with the bed you make because I certainly won’t lie in it.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Lebronaims wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    What? Those are some massive changes. Why? That's so annoying. This changes so much.

They do say re-relic in the text (haven't watched the video yet) so it sounds like we will materials back to reevaluate once it happens.

As for the why, I will need to check if they are going to discuss the situation at this time, but it has to do with defense penetration and how its climbing in effectiveness with relics.

It’s not about the materials… are you nuts it completely changes the game for no good reason except the krakens complaining they need more advantages because they have never won a fair battle in their lives

What do you think is a fair battle?
  • Since there's so many nerfs coming, when can we expect to see changes to gear economy? G12+ pieces have some horrendous RNG. Are you going to have two pieces drop rather than one? Are you at least making the drop rate less embarrassing? Try getting mk7 Detonators or mk8 security scanners. It's a joke right now. But sure, fix the stuff that isn't really broken first...
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Sorry if it’s been said before: only thing missing is dengar’s ship now.
  • Lord Vader batch 2 requirements! Omega from BB! Just wait and watch!