[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Good format, but sad news
  • Poor JML, at first he gets a **** lead and now you nerf his two damage dealers into the ground.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    papaofmom wrote: »
    tonnyrat wrote: »
    what a slap in the face to the ppl who develop counters. a lot of the fun for higher end players is the competitive advantage you get from being able to mod and execute these strategies correctly.

this is a terrible direction for the game to be taking and it wouldn't surprise me if there were a mass outcry from players in PvP focused guilds... you know the krakens in the game.

The only people that are happy are krakens because some f2p scrub cant counter them anymore

I'm not f2p but I use the same counters f2p do

So I'm just as affected as anyone else

I don't like the idea that GL Depth = instant win in GAC

I don't mind the kit nerfs to vader / luke / wat / GAS, its the "excludes Galactic Legends" on almost everything is the only thing i dislike

I wonder when executrix star date is

I honestly dont know how to feel about it. there are few things that matter to me

1. crystal income/gear crunch: right now my crystal income is from fleets mainly. they have opened the gate for anyone to get the negotiator and have introduced executor with insane requirements and soon i might lose my place in the fleet arena. squad arena never was f2p anyway. soon there will be 6 GLs in the squad arena and how easy is it to get 6 f2p counters? and with every sector in conquest ending with a gl, how am i going to beat them? this wasn't enough? r9 is introduced.

2. TW, GAC: Matchmaking is stupid right now. I was going to work on some characters to develop f2p counter for rey while i work on getting slkr. and it seems they have no intention to work on matchmaking anytime soon.

3. Roster viability: the entire reason i went for gas was that he was really good and although right now i can't use their full potential like pairing with Revan to beat Rey, it seems my rosters viability has dropped by a lot since i could beat revans and gases anyway. I feel like i spent my time on a product and now CG has given me a nerfed product that i didn't want. it's like tesla suddenly locking autopilot for anyone who has purchased tesla unless they pay more while that's or one of the main reasons why people buy tesla.

4. the trade-off : OK, CG takes so much while doesn't change none GL team viability compared to each other. for example, gas can bean almost any none GL, now it'll do it even easier. it's not like it was an issue before. So, what's the trade-off here? health more expensive meta? how healthy is it? whos health are we talking about? many GL aweners are being matched up against those who have no GLs or fewer. i guess cg is concerned about their health. Unless they make it 10 times easier for players to get a gl, this is all against f2p.

So are you as affected as f2p is?
  • Frostiee wrote: »
    The refunds being offered might be the most insulting part of this post.

It’s like we bought your $1000 product on top of working an entire year for it. Then, you release a required update that makes the product no longer function. So we ofc want to return it, but instead you offer us a nickel back, but only if we bought $1500 deluxe editions of the product that was only available to 1% of buyers.

Lmao what a joke.

u get the refund INBOX, wow, importand. Service.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    health of the game would be if a GL with Ahsoka or Maul were no longer counterable with other stuff

that would be health

the rest is retorical politics.

you know that.

since when has health been related to extreme separation? from which reading did you get that?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Maybe we can wait a little to see on the field how it affects counter ?
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    You built this mechanic yourself so people played with it for years and invested a lot of time building their roster on it.

Now you are basically destroying this mechanism like it is something evil without any kind of refund unless it is about any relic 8 materials.

at the same time your company tries to retouch this fact with new content and try to hype it .. and play your own social game.

That's pretty disrespectful to your players.

• NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Worst changes ever. It kills all non GL counters, makes people whale on BB and high relics, without any new resources.
    That ruins GA/TW either cause everything will be determined by number of GLs.
    And I pretty sure that GL Vader will be much stronger than others, cause otherwise no need to pay.
    Shame on CG.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    it no longer has anything to do with diversity but with narcissistic capitalism... but we are all around to be diverse right rainbows etc. ? not?

GL **** is born.
    Post edited by ReyVsMando on
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.
  • MasterKestis
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't understand why you would break the meta in this game. Was it easy to counter a GL before? No, not really. There was no button mashing happening before and boom GL dead. It required specific strategy, modding, etc and THAT made the game fun. This completely destroys/robs the fun, competitve, and strategic aspects from the game; so how is GAC/TW gonna be? If you're down 5 GLs in TW or 1 GL in GAC, insta loss? This is going to be so freaking black and white, linear when it comes to GAC/TW. Who wants to just be pinned to only using GLs against GLs? Who was complaining before? I have 4 GLs; this could make me leave this game. Why play if its not fun? Honestly, this Road Ahead is not good
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Nothing wrong in making GL an ultimate Chars in the game...
    But I have been told JKL can be soft counter to SLKR, so invested on JKL with Money to get him Quick.
    But now what? This changes may affect what I visioned for...
    To "Maintain your vision about GL" you can alter the ways & have second thoughts...do we have that option to have a second thought as there is no turning back after Reliced or upgraded.
    You re making the mistakes & faults on us by acquiring the resources we had but then you alter things.. this is pure Evil! (Sorry to say)... Because you may going to lose the trust CG.

Just premeditate you build something especially things you actually "Vision" about GLs atleast...
    Because in search of acquiring your vision back, you re demolishing our vision we had how to proceed in the game..

Once cemented it is set, try to build another over it better...

People never gonna like changing things like this now & ever!
  • Duncan1972
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Really disappointed by this. Not a huge spender but occasionally buy Crystals to get leg up most recently with Dark Trooper which I thought looked fun, but now I won't be spending any more money on the game as CG deem DT nerfed enough to give back materials I have used to get it to R7.

Also R9 is ridiculous when R8 is hard for many players to get currently.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Johnny77p wrote: »
    What about those who whales and spent 300 on dark trooper not too long ago. Do we get our 300 back because you took what was so appealing about him that made some spend to get him and now have significantly changed it so its not what we paid for.

Agree- Im not a Whale and went hard for DT only to find after getting him up to R7 he isnt worth it. Really puts me off trying to get newer characters that look fun in future.
  • I gotta be honest CG. You basically have one overall job. Make a game more, and more, and more enjoyable.

For some reason you refuse to do that, with a game whose franchise is SO rich with lore that you would be able to keep going for years if not decades.

I just recently got promoted to officer in my guild, but after this announcement - Im not sure I'll keep playing, and it was obvious that some in my guild felt the same way.

You're making the game less enjoyable. And to be honest - if this IS the road ahead, it will be without me.

Im not gonna support a game which becomes LESS and LESS enjoyable - rewards whales and in the process eliminates F2P step by step.

This sucks :(
  • If it's all the same to you, I really don't like this information in a video format. I'm very often checking on updates while I'm at work, and I just can't sit there and listen and watch a video. It's faster and better for me to read the material. Please don't do another video.
  • Kyron218
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI why are there 2 different edits for GL Rey's Sudden Whirlwind? One post says Tier 2 and the other post edit says Tier 3. Can you confirm which one it is please?

gwnar4be8w3m.jpg
    dhjblaih0uu0.jpg
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Kyron218 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI why are the 2 different edits for GL Rey's Sudden Whirlwind? One post says Tier 2 and the other post edit says Tier 3. Can you confirm which one it is please?

gwnar4be8w3m.jpg
    dhjblaih0uu0.jpg

It should be Tier 3. Tiers 1 and 2 only do a single instance of massive damage currently.

Bottom image is correct. The megathread version in your top image is a quote from before the original post was edited, so is the least up-to-date of the two.
  • Darthtzar wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

• Can someone explain to me how the new changes mean ‘it is impossible to counter a GL with a non GL”? Unless I’m mistaken, the only GL related changes are in adding a GL exemption to certain abilities (ie the rest of the team are still affected) - everything else is aimed at making defence a usable mechanic. With the exception of Thrawn, there’s no reason why it should prevent anyone from being able to counter GLs as none of the counter mechanisms or anything rely on the debuffs and whatever being used *on* the GL - as long as you can get the rest of the team you should still be okay - the battle may be slightly harder but still doable. All this talk about F2Ps being pushed out seems like a monumental overreaction, particularly as the only area of the game it should really affect anyway is Grand Arena
  • It seems like JML is about to become the worst gl by a mile, nerf two of his members on the squad (jkl and gas) or 3 members if you run wat too. I feel almost like I just wasted 6 months of farming going for JML, these changes immediately seem like he will be the worst. Don't see how he can ever have a chance against rey now since the strategy relied heavily on gas reducing max HP. I went for JML specifically because I felt that having JML and SLKR gave my roster the widest flexibility with countering opposing GLs. Reading this road ahead I would much rather have gone for SEE.

People spent potentially lots of money getting up these toons faster than normal to have something to counter gls etc. and now you are devaluing stuff people paid for CG.

Refunding a relic level or two is an insult, you owe lots of people their money back CG, because you sold characters with advertised kits and people paid to access them based on their kits and now you are violating the terms of that purchase.
  • I like the video but I hate nerf to GL counters. Countering GLs with non-GLs is one of the most fun things to do in the game because it’s already hard
  • Agree with what is written before.
    Further: oh yes, bad batch is so important in the path leading Jedi Anakin to turn into the Sith Lord Vader etc… 😂😂😂
    Come on!
    They literally didn’t exist until the recent cartoon series was created.
    🤮

BB existed in Clone Wars- theyve been around years.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Can someone explain to me how the new changes mean ‘it is impossible to counter a GL with a non GL”? Unless I’m mistaken, the only GL related changes are in adding a GL exemption to certain abilities (ie the rest of the team are still affected) - everything else is aimed at making defence a usable mechanic. With the exception of Thrawn, there’s no reason why it should prevent anyone from being able to counter GLs as none of the counter mechanisms or anything rely on the debuffs and whatever being used *on* the GL - as long as you can get the rest of the team you should still be okay - the battle may be slightly harder but still doable. All this talk about F2Ps being pushed out seems like a monumental overreaction, particularly as the only area of the game it should really affect anyway is Grand Arena

Because the health reduction from GAS isn't a part of any GL counters at all...
  • The more I think about this, the more I have to laugh.

This is typical CG. Drop news they know will be really unpopular. Don't include enough information so the player base gets really upset (in this case TW matchups, GAC matchups, if they just made Conquest unplayable for those without a GL, will all GLs truly be rock paper scissors, or will you be hosed if you don't have the newest toy). Include an all new grind in name only.

The next steps will be: TOTAL radio silence for at least a week, maybe two. Then we'll get some saccharine cheery post about the next character we should grind for. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the next time we hear from the devs is the next Vader reqs. This is why you have the reputation for not reading nor caring what the player base has to say. I will wait and see for how these changes impact my playing experience, but I'm not sure this will be a positive impact for me or my guildmates.
  • Can someone explain to me how the new changes mean ‘it is impossible to counter a GL with a non GL”? Unless I’m mistaken, the only GL related changes are in adding a GL exemption to certain abilities (ie the rest of the team are still affected) - everything else is aimed at making defence a usable mechanic. With the exception of Thrawn, there’s no reason why it should prevent anyone from being able to counter GLs as none of the counter mechanisms or anything rely on the debuffs and whatever being used *on* the GL - as long as you can get the rest of the team you should still be okay - the battle may be slightly harder but still doable. All this talk about F2Ps being pushed out seems like a monumental overreaction, particularly as the only area of the game it should really affect anyway is Grand Arena

As you said, Thrawn. He’s a part of quite a few counters; also, See has a new ability that directly counter imperial troopers tm train. Maybe it’s still doable without piett, can’t say for sure. If it’s the case, refunding piett’s zeta seems fair as the zeta makes him a liability vs see instead of a better character.
    Lots of complains about gac are from people who chose to build their roster with counters in mind. It was their strategic choice and if they can’t counter GLs anymore, they’ll still be match against people who have gls, because they usually have high relics characters, but countering opponent GLs will be much harder.

We don’t know yet if non-gl counters are out if the picture for good (I strongly think that it’s not the case), but that’s the general worry.

• QF_
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Grand Arena doesn’t work as a game mode any more.

Potential scenarios:

• You have more GLs than your opponent: you place all GLs on defence and you win.

• You have fewer GLs than your opponent: your opponent places all GLs on defence and you lose.

• You have the same number of GLs as your opponent: you either have to place all of your GLs on defence or keep all of your GLs for attack. You cannot split your GLs between defence and attack because you won’t be able to beat an opponent who places all of their GLs on defence. If both opponents place their GLs on defence, at least one up top, and at least one at the bottom, then no zones will get cleared in Grand Arena. It will be a stalemate which comes down to banner efficiency in the remaining battles in the top and bottom zone. The only scenario which results in a competitive Grand Arena match is if both players keep all of their GLs for attack.

• When you realise all the problems could be resolved with “this units defence can’t be ignored” and just negate any effect that increases defence penetration. Just like this unit takes reduced damage from percent health attacks.

They’re obviously using a scapegoat of defence to stop any GL counter which are essential in all aspects of the game. You can absolutely nobody at CG plays the game beyond a developer level as if anyone did they would see how badly this impacts every player.

Also in conquest kenobi is going to have the galactic republic modifier most likely so besides the fact he’s already horrible to face. Now he’ll reflect all damage.

I loved facing a GL without one as it felt like David vs Goliath but now CG comes along and takes the stone out of his hand and says that gives you an unfair advantage as you’re injecting him with steroids!

Honestly this won’t change until Disney/EA threatens to pull the license for SWGOH and the next Star Wars game CG are working on. This is completely outrageous and show’s CG doesn’t give a ****.
  • QF_ wrote: »
    Grand Arena doesn’t work as a game mode any more, unless changes are made to matchmaking.

Potential scenarios:

• You have more GLs than your opponent: you place all GLs on defence and you win.

• You have fewer GLs than your opponent: your opponent places all GLs on defence and you lose.

• You have the same number of GLs as your opponent: you either have to place all of your GLs on defence or keep all of your GLs for attack. You cannot split your GLs between defence and attack because you won’t be able to beat an opponent who places all of their GLs on defence. If both opponents place their GLs on defence, one up top, one at the bottom, then no zones will get cleared in Grand Arena. It will be a stalemate which comes down to banner efficiency in the remaining battles in the top and bottom zone. The only scenario which results in a competitive Grand Arena match is if both players keep all of their GLs for attack.

I don’t think counters will not be a thing anymore, but let’s say your right, because maybe you’ll be.

You have more GLs than your opponent. You put all of them in defense, securing the win. 2 things:
    1) if your opponent has at least 1 gl, you won’t clear. Maybe you’ll win, but you won’t clear, and that’s a huge difference. You won’t go high on the leaderboards without clearing, even if you win all your rounds.
    2) if your opponent has a good non-gl defense with old meta teams, without a gl on offense you may very well be blocked by her non-gl wall. Happens all the time in gac.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Darthtzar wrote: »

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

Do you mean legendary/epic characters like GAS, JKL, Thrawn, C3-PO or Malak? Because all of them are being nerfed against GLs.