[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• nurm
    107 posts Member
    What does the change mean for TW? We have in this round mrq80znrb0ag.png
    (The other GL ratio is not really better for us )
    Currently, we just give a try as there are other counters and we might have a chance. With the change, the reward can probably be auto-assigned. ( Of course there could still be a chance if the other guild use their GL and fail for any reasons)

How will this be addressed?
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    what the heck is CG thinking. The planning and farming takes months and months time... Thats a freaking amount of time.... and u just tear that all apart. U just nullify all this. I am really worried where this game is going. Whats the matter? Isnt the paywall not high enough?
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    It doesn't only ruing non-gl vs gl, it also ruins the ability to counter different gl-squads with gl's. I got 3 legends (plus 50% on SEE and JMK) and my favorite, which is JML gets 3 characters nerfed on top of him having useless ult. Wasted a ton of time on modding those chars. This is complete junk, same with relic 8 spam and relic 9 on the horizon, when I struggle with scrap and making relic 8. Guess I got to disband or leave my guild, otherway I will just get further and further behind.

Relic 9 will be gated behind another parody of a reworked raid, just like cpit. CG is just trying to squeeze the gamers in a lazy, low effort way. Simply disgusting.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    These *are* some pretty big changes, but they're good for the health of the relic scavenger--I mean, the game. Yeah, the game. They're good for the game and the players.

I like the joke in the video about Piett not wanting to deal with BHs but the next fleet is Vader's flagship commanding a bunch of BH ships, because that is kinda funny.
  • Perhaps you (cg) could make these changes a little easier to swallow by tweaking the matchmaking to match equal gls to equal gls. Someone mentioned that in GAC and TW that if someone or a guild has less gls, then the one with more just has to place their gls in the front wall and call it a day. Where is the fun in that?
    Then, the person or guild with the better modded and geared gls and better strategy wins.
  • Wow, this has to be the worst thing they can do for game balance, turning a game of chess into simplified checkers? Gac, the best game mode is turning into trash, I don't really see a good reason to continue spending money on developing my roster anymore.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wait, I just realized, who's gonna pilot Executor? Vader already has a ship, so who's left? Piett? Or will it be the new Lord Vader in an exceedingly CG move to make top places in both arenas completely inaccessible for ftp?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Wait, I just realized, who's gonna pilot Executor? Vader already has a ship, so who's left? Piett? Or will it be the new Lord Vader in an exceedingly CG move to make top places in both arenas completely inaccessible for ftp?

Piett.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    countering a GL with a non GL wasnt EASY at all.
    it required a lot of gear and extremely good mods.

even then u need skill and some sort of "luck".
    farming for those counters wasnt easy as well.

farming this counter stuff as f2p in a guild that wanna do raids and tbs? good luck. im not f2p i pay but even then it isnt easy to get to this point.

it looks easy when ahnaldt makes an video about GL counters... but its not as it seems.

and in the other hand it entertains the crowd in social media.. on twitch and youtube streams.
    why u dont see that? i dont understand this why u cant see this?

now u break this mechanic ? u should not look what pros does in some twitch and youtube streams.

why u destroy such a pro mechanic ? just to go more casual with GL stuff and make the farming process in a long term much more linear and boring?

i dont understand this but probably the company greed after stalking youtube and twitch streams.

"health of the game"

• EA/CG you still don't understand basic rules in ftp games to success AND being profitable.

1) The game must be funny for EVERYONE.
    2) Paying should just be a shortcut to achieve stuff, not THE ONLY WAY.
    3) The more you care about ftp people the more you'll get money from them. Just because you don't force them, they will give some.

Now you live on just on 1 player over 1000 who gives you 100 bucks, when you can get the same player spending 100 bucks PLUS 500 people spending 1 buck if you just cut all this pay to win nonsense.

You'll lose at least half of your player base with the proposed changes you can be sure of this.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    While some streamers are always looking for a way to loosen up this linear hardness in this game and to look for new ways to motivate the crowd, you have nothing better to do than to observe this circumstance of their work out of habit something to try again.

I find this fact of you to be pretty sneaky.
  • What's actually changing with the dark trooper?

It was mentioned in the video but no actual text on it.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    What's actually changing with the dark trooper?

It was mentioned in the video but no actual text on it.

Rolled back to Relic 5. The TM gain added to SEE's kit will damage the Troopers counter.
  • The_Nev wrote: »
    Some interesting comments made that show some glaring issues with the kit changes.

Two guilds face each other in TW both with an equal amount of GL's. They all go on the front wall creating a stalemate as they cant be beaten by anything other than a GL. BC also brings up the point that what if the GL v GL battle results in a loss in GAC and there is no off meta counter to clean up the match?

By all means make the GL's tougher (like raid boss level) but consider reversing the changes to the off meta counters. Make us increase relic levels or get better mods. Don't make the character irrelevant.

Give us some hope. Please dont make the time investment, in characters/toons, that people make for months at a time irrelevant.

This is a huge concern and two additional matchmaking issues CG should re-assess among all the other great points mentioned in this forum are (1) auto sets in GAC and (2) guild sandbagging in TW. Those are existing pain points that will only grow larger with the GL buffs and nerds to nonGL counters.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Piett.

Is that in the video? I don't want to waste data on it now, I'll watch it when I get to pc.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Piett.

Is that in the video? I don't want to waste data on it now, I'll watch it when I get to pc.

Yeah. "We all know Admiral Piett is DELIGHTED to lead a Fleet of Bounty Hunters" around the one minute mark.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Frostiee wrote: »
    The refunds being offered might be the most insulting part of this post.

It’s like we bought your $1000 product on top of working an entire year for it. Then, you release a required update that makes the product no longer function. So we ofc want to return it, but instead you offer us a nickel back, but only if we bought $1500 deluxe editions of the product that was only available to 1% of buyers.

Lmao what a joke.

They can't refund r8 Vader to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for SEE
    They can't refund r8 JKL to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JML
    They can't refund r8 Wat to less than r7 because he is a pre-requisite for JMK

Even if these toons were rendered awful, they are still GL pre-reqs, and we've had bad pre-reqs before for each GL (Royal Guard, Lando, Mace, etc)

I don't have GLEE, won't get GLEE. Horribly nerfing Vader warrants a refund. I have JML but frankly given these nerfs affecting 2 major players in his team, not so sure he'll even be viable anymore. Where's the line to return your GLs after CG nerfs them after bigging up how great they are and their team synergy being strong with toons like Gen Sky and JKL??
  • Read through all 17 pages of comments on the new changes.

LV and Maul sounds fun.

The non-GL nerfs? Disgusting. On the same point, is the Executor meant to be a GL-type which no other capital ship can defeat?

I have 6 mil GP, been playing for 5 years and am (was?) working towards JML. Spent time getting the other characters first. Previous few months were great, having fun with conquests and new characters. Have a heart and refund all those characters you are nerfing back to gear 1 so we can use the materials on GL requirements instead. And yeah some of the nerfed characters are requirements for GLs so give the player an option whether to roll back and sacrifice their GL or not (suspect those JML holders might roll back).

It is fine to make GLs powerful as they should be. Just matchmake GAC and TW so that both sides have the exact number of GLs (or none). This affects not just those without GLs but anyone with lesser GL than his opponent. This is going to break conquest. I manage to get red boxes on hard by swapping discs and using consumables. Looks impossible to clear the GL bosses now. How about having a non-GL tier?

Defeating powerful enemies with supposedly weaker ones is the type of underdog satisfaction in games and movies. The changes seems to be breaking away from strategy and variety, so what novelty and challenge are you going to use to hook people?

For those who say they are not removing non-GL counters to GL, it almost sounds like you have got some top-secret combos our brightest minds haven’t spotted and shared. Please share.

You probably know what reaction the changes will get and that is why you gave a month’s notice. You are going to make more money with a mix of F2P, dolphins, whales and krakens then only having a handful of whales and krakens who may not stay when there are no weaklings to stomp. Think hard.

• Sha1218
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    How negatively will the nerfs affect Conquest? TBH, I didn’t use nonGL counters much in TW or GAC. But, before I unlocked my first GL, I relied on toons like GAS and Thrawn to get the max crate in Conquest. I used to beat the GL bosses with the following teams:

Vs boss Rey: JKR, Hoda, GAS, Bastilla , Thrawn
    Vs boss SLKR: GAS, fives, Han Solo, Chewy, Malak

If Conquest is also negatively impacted for players without GLs, then these nerfs will definitely hurt the overall game and player experience.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Darthtzar wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Maybe we can wait a little to see on the field how it affects counter ?
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

Gen Sky is being nerfed when he's not with 501st. Jedi Master Luke is not 501st. They're not only nerfing non-GL counters. They're nerfing toons that are cornerstones of a GL's team. Toons that are extremely difficult to get already. Toons I had and decided to get JML for. Now his team is nerfed. It's already tough to beat JMK with JML and that's as things are. It's going to be worse after the nerf.

I guess JML was relegated to not a GL when I wasn't looking. Or CG outright lied saying he had great synergy with JKL and Gen Sky.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Piottavo wrote: »
    EA/CG you still don't understand basic rules in ftp games to success AND being profitable.

1) The game must be funny for EVERYONE.
    2) Paying should just be a shortcut to achieve stuff, not THE ONLY WAY.
    3) The more you care about ftp people the more you'll get money from them. Just because you don't force them, they will give some.

Now you live on just on 1 player over 1000 who gives you 100 bucks, when you can get the same player spending 100 bucks PLUS 500 people spending 1 buck if you just cut all this pay to win nonsense.

You'll lose at least half of your player base with the proposed changes you can be sure of this.

I don’t understand something: are you implying that GLs are only for paying customers ? Because the (most likely) majority of GL owners are ftp, GLs being available for a year and a half. If you’re afraid that you won’t be able to compete without a gl, I would advise you to wait for lord Vader requirements and then decide which one to farm. You need 6 months to a year.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

Gen Sky is being nerfed when he's not with 501st. Jedi Master Luke is not 501st. They're not only nerfing non-GL counters. They're nerfing toons that are cornerstones of a GL's team. Toons that are extremely difficult to get already. Toons I had and decided to get JML for. Now his team is nerfed. It's already tough to beat JMK with JML and that's as things are. It's going to be worse after the nerf.

I guess JML was relegated to not a GL when I wasn't looking. Or CG outright lied saying he had great synergy with JKL and Gen Sky.

They didn't lie, it was true at the time, they are just altering the deal.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    th3evo wrote: »

Do you mean legendary/epic characters like GAS, JKL, Thrawn, C3-PO or Malak? Because all of them are being nerfed against GLs.

That doesn’t mean more counters aren’t around the corner with the new characters that are coming to the game, via conquest (one strong non-gl unit every 3 months) and hopefully other events. Even without that, i’m willing to give theorycrafters a chance to find a way as they always do.

However, the ‘refund’ offering could be much improved when the nerf is THAT hard. I understand that those who invested in specific counters only to have shiny r7 that would have worked the same way at r1 vs non-GLs would be… unhappy about that. Giving back most of the relics/zetas used to gear up those counters (as long as they weren’t prerequisites of sort) seems fair.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nerfing all gl counters without fixing the matchmaking in all contexts is plain wrong. I've been matching with people having 2 GL less. How are they gonna cope with it? We have also matched in tw with guilds which for one or another reason had 40 gl more than us. What there? Kyno can you find out if matchmaking is being revamped?

At this time, there are no planned changes to MM. @chmoAr0ufif0u

I assume you are talking GAC.

GLs add some 300k each to a players GP.

So, with ZERO chance to counter a GL, you're still going to match up people who don't have a GL in GAC against those who do? That's an auto-win for the person with a GL! GAC is the best thing this game has going, this will destroy it...
  • Starslayer wrote: »

EXACTLY..

having just unlocked JML and using JKLS and GAS with him was THE SQUAD I was building..

Conquest rewards us players for having a broad and balanced roster between our LS/DS squads and now it's all about them GLs..

this "rebalancing" and basically admitting that they built themselves into a corner is further proof that this game is no longer worth spending ANY MONEY ON IT.

• The Nerfs to GL counters are going to kill TW and GAC.
    Congratulations on your GL! Now you have to place it on defense in case your opponent did. No playing with your GL on offense.
  • Nauros wrote: »

If a car salesman tried to pull that after you've already signed the contract they could be held criminally liable. CG just goes "look, new shiny!". I want my resources back. if JKL and Gen Sky aren't working as they currently are under JML, I want my resources refunded.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    If there are upcoming changes to make the gear crunch easier to make it less of a grind to get a GL, if there are other changes in the pipeline to make the GLs more equal and less a "this one conquers all" scenario, if there are other changes being worked out to make getting r8 available for all ... And if IF IF they are finally planning to fix the hideous matchmaking which has needed attention for years, then the changes announced are not so bad.

But I have my doubts because if all those changes are coming soon, why not tell us now?
  • Nauros wrote: »

If a car salesman tried to pull that after you've already signed the contract they could be held criminally liable. CG just goes "look, new shiny!". I want my resources back. if JKL and Gen Sky aren't working as they currently are under JML, I want my resources refunded.

same. they only thing that RA video said with these changes was that the Designers while changing these Kits, they still wanted to make them just as good or valuable as they were before..

so if they are taking away something from their kit, they either refund us or change their kits further to add abilities that continue prove how much time, money, and RESOURCES for these characters!