[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    If you wanted ftp to just quit, why didn't you say so? This is an obscene cash grab. BB for Lord Vader? Why beyond have to pay for them? Granted there are still requirements to come, but 501st makes much more sense than BB which have had nothing to do with Vader.

Regardless of the absurd requirements, putting another capital ship into the game, especially an Empire one, is asinine. We don't have enough ships to fully crew all the capital ships. We don't even have enough ships to crew one of two existing Empire capital ships. We have 44 ships to 8 capital ships, which is a deficit of 12 ships currently. Even if you drop on ship each, you are still down four ships.

Making GL's essentially raid bosses is obscene. The requirements for GL's keep coming more and more intensive. I've got three, and just finished my last g13 toon for a fourth, but I still have to relic a bunch, including three relic 7's, two of which are on useless toons. At this point, I'm nearly out of gear for carbonite circuit boards. I can't even consider taking even my GL's to relic 8 because of limited resources and requiring me to relic 8 toons I never would. No one would consider taking GM Yoda, Piett, or Boba Fett to relic 8 before taking a GL to relic 8. CG can no longer say, you don't have to relic anything or you don't have to get GL's. These changes most definitely mean that you do. You are removing non GL counters. This serves no purpose in the game; absolutely none. You aren't even considering things like GAC or TW in these decisions. If you want to kill the game, this is the way to do it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Darthtzar wrote: »
    Maybe we can wait a little to see on the field how it affects counter ?
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

Gen Sky is being nerfed when he's not with 501st. Jedi Master Luke is not 501st. They're not only nerfing non-GL counters. They're nerfing toons that are cornerstones of a GL's team. Toons that are extremely difficult to get already. Toons I had and decided to get JML for. Now his team is nerfed. It's already tough to beat JMK with JML and that's as things are. It's going to be worse after the nerf.

I guess JML was relegated to not a GL when I wasn't looking. Or CG outright lied saying he had great synergy with JKL and Gen Sky.

They didn't lie, it was true at the time, they are just altering the deal.

If a car salesman tried to pull that after you've already signed the contract they could be held criminally liable. CG just goes "look, new shiny!". I want my resources back. if JKL and Gen Sky aren't working as they currently are under JML, I want my resources refunded.

I'm not saying that it isn't a sith move, just that it wasn't a lie when they said it.
  • Frankto wrote: »
    After making it essentially impossible for people without Galactic Legend to compete in Squad Arena, do you have any plans to devalue chasing a very high rank? This would sting much less if people in the 50s and 100s knew they could count on higher rewards.

Didn't they say once, like a year or more ago, that they wanted to move away from Arena being the primary method of players getting crystals? I swear I remember that... what happened to that?
  • For all people that don't speak English, this video format is much dificult to understand that a plain text...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Darthtzar wrote: »
    Maybe we can wait a little to see on the field how it affects counter ?
    When Malak arrived, ftp was dead. The came palp counter, which was nerfed. Then more characters arrived and now they are severa malak counters.
    GLs arrived and ftp was dead again. Then came the counters. GLs we’re buffed, yet still counters prevailed.
    Now GL are clearly mini raid bosses as it was stated at the start, immune to effects that don’t affect rid bosses. Ftp is dead again. I guess in a couple of hours/days/weeks after the update, more counters will come. Maybe needing high relics, maybe needing new non-GLs characters like cat and such, no idea.

Even if, in the unlikely situation that no counters arrive and GLs become a necessity to compete in pvp, doesn’t mean that ftp is dead. Just that farming GLs is needed.

Their message was very clear. any non gl counter to gls will be nerfed in future as well.

Maybe ! I guess we’ll see. I think they really don’t like when 5 g13 are able to beat a team that needed an investment of 15 high relics characters and I see nothing wrong with that. However, if a full r7-9 team using a couple of legendary/epic characters is able to defeat a gl, they may not have issue with that.

Regarding pvp, I’ll be more worried about the executor. Fleets are far fewer tools to build counters than Squads. If Executor is a Ship with an equivalent power of a GL, finding a counter could be so challenging than putting executor in D is game over if opponent doesn’t have one. We’ll see soon enough !

Gen Sky is being nerfed when he's not with 501st. Jedi Master Luke is not 501st. They're not only nerfing non-GL counters. They're nerfing toons that are cornerstones of a GL's team. Toons that are extremely difficult to get already. Toons I had and decided to get JML for. Now his team is nerfed. It's already tough to beat JMK with JML and that's as things are. It's going to be worse after the nerf.

I guess JML was relegated to not a GL when I wasn't looking. Or CG outright lied saying he had great synergy with JKL and Gen Sky.

They didn't lie, it was true at the time, they are just altering the deal.

If a car salesman tried to pull that after you've already signed the contract they could be held criminally liable. CG just goes "look, new shiny!". I want my resources back. if JKL and Gen Sky aren't working as they currently are under JML, I want my resources refunded.

I'm not saying that it isn't a sith move, just that it wasn't a lie when they said it.

Yeah I suppose that's fair. But they always say they plan ahead so how long have they been planning this? I didn't get JML until fairly recently; just a few months ago. I think that compounds the feeling of betrayal. They likely already had this in the works as I finally unlocked him.
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    Just offering a more palatable solution….

GLs should have a strong leg up against non GL teams…

Why not have GLs lose some of their op (towards non GL etc.) when they are either less than a full squad or less than a full squad of the qualified leader tag at the beginning of the encounter…

Think about it…

Wat / armorer would be less of a “fits all GL”… but they still have all their great benefits on standard teams..

In pvp, if you can knock off at least one character, it’s possible to come back in and clean up…

GLs would be a strong advantage, but not ultra-dominant

Much less of a GL or nothing solution…
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    they were probably just waiting for a big release which the players really wanted like the lord vader concept, the idea which was created more by the community than by them to try to hide the whole internal ***show in a hype conserve to try to sell that new "road ahead".

they may feel thin and slim all the time if they want to play dark side themselves while a big dark side character gets released. rainbow bless.
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    It could be as simple as…

GL ultimate skill is only available if they had a full squad, or full leader tag squad at the beginning of the encounter…
  • I went on vacation for a week and come back to this..
  • I guess thanks for communicating... but those nerfs are just disgusting
  • Seems like the content creators have not been contacted about the special speed GAC. I wonder if their "reporting" of this Road Ahead will have anything to do with the invite. Leverage.

The dislike/like ratio of the video is now 4:1

If things continue as planned, that means that our defense has been ignored. I now see the root of their problem.

The game started as a collection game but now is a gear game. Time was the commodity and you could pay to accelerate it. Gear is the commodity now and it is not available through patience as shards use to be.

Does this mean if I do not have a GL, I cannot progress in conquest past the first GL boss?

I will actively power creep to prevent facing GL's in GAC. This is the way

Deceptacles / HRancor / HAAT / 6* Sith / No ticket quotas / Discord
  • With the perception that non-GLs will no longer be viable to confront GLs with, how are you expecting new releases to garner attention and make people spend to get them when the precedent is set that they will not allow a player to compete at the highest level of the meta?

Surely anyone would forgo any and all new units/factions if they are not directly tied to a GL.

Also how does having GL-only zones in PVP modes sound as a potential solution?
  • I will say as a player who started when this was a collection game and have a majority if the toons 7 star. I'm already punished for my high GP that comes with collecting by facing teams that are way higher then me bc there gp is all in gl and not wasted in a g6 7star c.u.p
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    I like how they dropped this while we were discussing metas and counters in other threads. A lot of opinions and arguments aged very poorly.
    This Road Ahead has to be some kind of a joke we don't get.
    Crumb casually says that the defense changes will allow tanks to not get one shot off the board right after they released CAT. Healthy meta apparently means death to non-GL counters. 4* ships with Relic 5-8 pilots.

I am sure you won't be able to complete the event w/o 7 star ships
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    Yeah, well seems they are not nerfing new characters. Probably they are waiting til people put enough time, money and effort in them.... Then release some new ones and nerf old ones. Good way making some money.
  • looks like the players have spoken overwhelmingly CG !! Will you listen to the ones who fund your company?? probably not at all

let's get it straight fixing ignoring defense to make defense mods more viable is good but is just smoky mirrors

how do you explain nerfing Thrawn's fracture?

you are forcing players to go for gls if they want to play the game

you gave no mention on fixing gac match ups and tw matchups
    explain how I will get my top 10 payouts now in the arena since I have no gls?? and the top 50 in my arena do...

you are excluding players like me who spent time and money getting toons i enjoy, up to relics rather than idk let's say Tuscan ...

2 players in gac, both have 2 GLs each.
    player 1: places 1 GL on defense
    player 2: hold both for offense
    player 1: looses
    this is not rocket science

i have no gls im in div 4
    everyone i face has a gl
    this means i loose every gac going forward?
    unless i pay to play i can not play got it.
  • This is quiet a big mistake for me actually. They shouldn't announce all of this at once. Changes like that is a manner to change the game quiet a lot. The game will transform into a GL's rush as it looks like. The pain is coming from the relics requirements. Farming a character's shards takes between 3 or 6 mounths depending if he is double shard or not. They are adding a new wall with this type of stuff. But the problem is even more with people who will have GL's too ! If you can't counter a GL without a GL then the winner will remains in the player who has more GL than the other. In the other side, they announce without any problem the upcoming Relic 9. Relic 8 is nearly impossible to get for everyone which is not in a 200M GP guild (to be able to take down the Ch.Rancor Raid) or even the Conquest Mod. Because changes will applies to the bosses of last sectors. Which means without any GL, no Relic 8 materials. How people gonna get the R9 then ? Adding a Relic tiers means more tankiness about GL's thanks to their zetas. Even the meta inside the grand arena to go futhermore in depths, with a wall of GL's in defense it will be more frustrating and without any changes it will be a little win which means mostly impossible to reach the Kyber Club inside the funniest Pvp mode of all Mobile Rpg like. In the end, they didn't even take an inch of a possibility to be able to get more gear for people to be able to get to those GL's yatta y yatta. But i want to point to something very important about games in general. We are living right now a big crisis inside the development of the video games. It is not directly linked to mobile games, i am talking about other games. And more precisely, the fall of the Blizzard Company which is in big trouble. Because thanks to content creators like you, and the community, we are able to know the drill and what's going well or not. If a monster like World of Warcraft was can fall, who knows ? CG, EA thanks to SWGOH are actually in the best place where they never were in the world of mobile RPG turn Games, but they are not eternal. They are adding trouble over trouble for the player experience (hello stun guns) for both F2P and Whale. And THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of a Game. A Game is meant to give pleasure to the player before everything. And this is the only way to make the people want to support the game. This is an alert for the developpers, because the world of the video game economy is changing for real right now.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    I know R8 boba wont take me anywhere but I still want to do it....lol this road ahead
  • Game destroying supreme an the fun gets lost time to leaf the game.
  • Dedojoas
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Btw CG thanks for doing NOTHING to fix JML’s ultimate and now effectively nerfing him making him a weak GL. Like come on, did it never bother you that in order for him to be useful people had to use a JKR lead and Wat? Way to screw us over.
  • snookalo
    289 posts Member
    Like I got an r3 ipd that I had geared up to use with Vader to counter rey. Can you reset that thing back to like g8?
  • I do not agree with a lot of the changes and some new content stuff, sure add R9, but make R8 slightly more accessible. I have never consistently countered GL without one, but I strongly disagree with the change to the characters and trying to make GL be the only ones who can beat each other. What happens when GA matchmaking puts people with different numbers of GL against each other? What about TW? Will GL count be the only important factor? And then Pietts capital ship. Really a 3rd empire ship, but it might be a bounty hunter one, but the main thing is those prerequisites. What on earth are those things, 2 R8 and other insane prerequisites? And then 4* ships! WTH! And finally but certainly not least important, these conquest rewards are moving way too quickly for those of us stuck under 4 mil GP, I still can’t unlock Razor Crest, not to mention CAT who I’m nowhere near. Really last note, I have not heard of a single person who is happy to hear about the nerfs relating to non GL GL-counters. It hurts a lot of the high level players who have spent lots of resources and money getting these teams all powered up specifically for counters, and it hurts some lower level players who may have 0-1 GL and spent a huge portion of their resources getting a GL counter to help their guild in TW, then it becomes null. Please do some reconsideration before rolling these changes out.
  • I hadn't thought of auxiliary toons for the counters. Take Bast, for example. I took her to G13 to help with the JKR+JKL counter to SLK. Then, because she was already G13, I boosted her to r5 to fill a team for cPit.

If the JKR+JKL doesn't work, I'd much rather she be set back to G12+5. My IPD would still be G7 were it not for the Vader counter. Not sure I would have pushed troopers as hard as I did either.

This just blows.
  • It would be really cool if we could see these changes in action with some sample footage. Show Vader+Wat vs Rey before and after. Show JKR+JKL vs SLK before and after.

What's almost as bad as the proposed changes is 6ish weeks of wondering how bad it's really going to be.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    TotalNerd wrote: »
    So, couple of things here. First time i've posted after playing for a number of years so there's a data point for you. On the topic of the presentation, I liked it. Seemed a bit rushed in places but overall, having the text and follow along video provides for two separate audiences. Those who want to read it, can and those who are looking for more depth can, as was the case in this.

As for the updates to the characters, i'm generally ok with...the exception being when you're including the GL's in that. Having non-GL characters being able to beat GL's is part of the fun of the game.

More specifically:

1. JML - It still takes forever in a non-GML led team for him to reach his ultimate. I bring this up because his leadership skill is, by comparison to the other GL's pretty trash. In fact, its worse than many non-GL's. I would suggest you look at fixing his leadership skill. As is he's the least useful GL unless you add GAS, DR, and JKL In that case you're fine for Arena, but for GAC that's at least 2 teams you're pulling away from. No other GL has to deal with that.

2. Kenobi GL - I get he's the new shiny, but the goal at the beginning of GL's was to make them on par with each other. As it stands, there is no GL comparable to Kenobi and it only got worse with CAT's recent release. It's sickening to be honest, especially given the amount of time and resources that goes into a single GL.

3. You just made SEE a god. I get you're trying to keep non-GL teams from being as effective, but you've nerfed 3 other GL's in the process.

4. I'd like to see Rey get multiple WW's such that if you bring 1 character to yellow she gets one, and then in the same turn you bring a separate character to yellow she gets another one as a stack to use her next turn.

How did SEE become a God after this RA? I get that IT counter has been nerfed. Thought he still sucks on defense....
  • if you roll out Relic 9 materials and the grind to get them, i don't have a problem with that specifically. That's to be expected with power creep and mobile games.

BUT

the "gatekeeping" of R8 and UNDER materials NEEDS to be loosen.. It's ridiculous to expect us players to play a fun game and yet keep piling on more requirements while keeping the previous requirements high as well.. It's not a game anymore, it's a grind.

The fun and enjoyment is gone if you implement these changes without some kind of change to the gear economy!
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    CG, I'll make you a deal. Just do already what you've been trying to do for 2 years now and take all the krakens and put them in their own shards. Their 5 GL rosters can battle it out for top 1000. Then put all roster without GLs into their own shards.

Then remove SEE from my account, put his mods in my inventory, refund me the gear and zetas and relic materials for SEE, Krennic, Royal Guard, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul and Sith Marauder, just leave them at 7* g1 lvl1, or you can even take back all their shards and give me a gift box with the equivalent amount of relevant energy types based on the 30% drop rate and fleet currency for Maul. Put me into the non-GL shard, where I'll have fun doing Tarkin/Vader counters to DR and Padme against GAS to fight for top spots in arena. And I'll take all my refunded resources and energy and pour them into factions I've so far neglected because I had to gear up Krennic and Royal Guard.

You already said you're gonna be doing refunds, so what's a few more. Deal?

To me, that's the most fair solution I've seen yet. Absolutely sensible and far too simple to achieve, obviously.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    MEDIOCRE changes designed only to force people to make a run$$$$$$$$ for the Galactic Legends so that CG can line the company pockets with even more money. :#:#:#

Sorry but i am much more likely to abandon the game than waste money in this shameless milking move.